Archived Season 1 Mid-Season Review

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jul 30, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Alright fellas! We are just a little past the mid season so answer the following questions!​

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Who is your Freshman of the year?
    Who is your Players of the year so far (Offensive and Defensive)?
    Who is the biggest surprise on your team and what has he done to become that?
    You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and ACC champion?
    How are you enjoying the release so far?
    What team has been a MFer for you so far?

BennettForce BakerWildcat7 bawvu97 Bl0ndeRedHead -Cougars- Hokie Effect
    IrishBearcat iBleedOrange247 LSUTRUTH The Parrothead UNo x Broncos Will Atkinson

*Credit the Deuce for the questionaire above*

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Who is your Freshman of the year? I don't have any freshmen starting/playing.
    Who is your Players of the year so far (Offensive and Defensive)? Perry Jones and Steve Greer
    Who is the biggest surprise on your team and what has he done to become that? Demetrius Nicholson, CB. He makes big plays and his man coverage ability is mediocre at best but if you throw the ball his way it will be picked off.
    You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and SEC champion? I believe in Virginia taking the ACC championship, TCU eh, they still have some tough games left.
    How are you enjoying the release so far? After playing an OC game, FUCK THIS BULLSHIT GAME, it's been a pain in the ass and makes my blood pressure boil.What team has been a MFer for you so far? None, because I'm undefeated :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  3. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

[​IMG]
    The Seminoles have only had two true freshmen hit the field so far this year, DE Mario Edwards Jr.(coming in as the number one player in the nation) has seen limited action behind a deep group of DE's. He has only recorded one tackle so far and that was against South Florida. TE Christo Kourtzidis has been the number 2 TE all year and has done a fair job thus far picking up blocks but is yet to haul in a pass. My choice at this point in the season would be Mario Edwards Jr. for freshman of the year..

Offensive MVP so far is a hard decision but I will have to go with back-up QB Clint Trickett. Despite his inexperience and turnovers this season, he has managed to make some big plays for our offense. Coming in for injured QB E.J. Manuel in the second half of the week 3 game versus Wake Forest he was able to secure a victory. He has been the temporary starter since then winning 3 of his 4 starts. The only loss coming on the road at NCST who has one of the top secondaries in the nation. He has by no means lead this team to the promise land but he has done all that could be expected of a back-up with this tough early season schedule. If it wasn't for him we would probably have lost one of the games to Clemson or USF. The QB competition should be very interesting entering next season.

Defensive MVP could be handed out to several people but we will go with a player who has been Mr. Consistency since day one this year, MLB Vince Williams. So far this season he has recorded 33 tackles, 7 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 INT, and 1 Fumble recovery. He is the second lowest rated player on our defensive unit this season but has produced with the best of them. I couldn't be more pleased with how he has performed thus far in his Senior season.

The biggest surprise has been Vince Williams ^^^^^

For my ACC prediction to have a chance NCST will need to lose AT LEAST 3 conference games from here on out.......Not likely..
    I predicted WVU to win the Big 12 and they are currently 5-0(2-0) and #1 in the nation (y)

I have really enjoyed this release so far. Everything from game play, the new depth that scouting brings to recruiting, and really finding two OD's that I fit in much better with (LV and Legacy). That being said my excited for this release has not hit it's peak because we have not reached an off-season yet! I can't wait to see how everything progresses as we move along.

As for the MFers that have really wacked my ass take your pick between : Texas Longhorns or NCST Wolfpack

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

rsFR RB Michael Holmes 286yds 3 TD 15 rec 104yds

Offense- QB Logan Thomas 79/130 1052yds 10 TD 7 INT and 197yds 5 TD rushing
    Defense- DE James Gayle 8 sacks 1 INT

3rd WR Corey Fuller 13 rec 215yds 2 TD and 470yds PR/KR he is a track star and has become a homerrun threat

You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and SEC ACC champion?
    I don't like to pick against my team and I hate to say this, but UVA looks like the team to beat in the ACC. The Big 12 looks to be wide open, but I think you will see Ok St vs TCU in the CG with TCU taking the title.

Loving it, just need to work on 2 things: my passing game with better judgement and patience and my pass defense. I have a shutdown run D, but I can't figure out how to cover to save my life

Obviously UNC, but Blonde has always played me tough in the past. I should have let him play the cpu as it seems he is having trouble.....

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Obvious answer here is True Freshman Wes Lunt. He has struggled with consistency 11 Td and 8 INT

On defense it is a tie between the 2 SS OKSU uses as both have played great. Combining for 41 tck 12 TFL 3 sacks 4 INT 2 FF. Both are keys to the OKSU defense.
    Wes Lunt has run the offense very well and is expected to pick up the load with Randle done for the season.

Te Justin Horton has been a shocker as he is a SR and has produced much more than I thought. I would of put his current numbers at his season total.

You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and ACC champion?
    Yes I do for sure.

Love the game more everyday
    Texas was a mofo. However I also face KSU and OU at then end of the year it should be interesting

6. UNo x Broncos

UNo x Broncos Walk On

Who is your Freshman of the year? Only Player who's had significant playing time would be True Freshman Daje Johnson, My back up RB, Kickoff, and Punt returner. 12 Kickoff Returns for 360 yards with 1 TD, 16 Punt Returns for 122 yards, and 45 Attempts Rushing for 231 yards and 1 TD.
    David Ash-86-130(66%) 1156 yards Passing with 9 TDs and 6 INTs, 71 Attempts Rushing for 454 yards and 5 TDs
    Defense is tough one because you got Alex Okafor with 7 Sacks (3rd in NCAA) 12 TFL 1 FF, Steve Edmond 30 Solo Tackles (3rd in NCAA) 2 Sacks 7 TFL, Carrington Byndom with 8 INTs (T1st in NCAA).
    Who is the biggest surprise on your team and what has he done to become that? David Ash because he played well in a system that doesn't fit his style.
    You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and ACC champion? No some tough Non Conference games were handed out, next year predictions will be better.
    How are you enjoying the release so far? EA did a Good Job, I'd give the game a 7.5/10.
    What team has been a MFer for you so far? The only Team to beat me and the Team tied with me in my Division. You know who you are...

• Like Like x 1
  7. IrishBearcat

8. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

Who is your Freshman of the year? Trey Metoyer being the Sooners 3rd option behind two great Junior WR he has 13 rec for 209 yes and a TD he has a bright future
    Who is your Players of the year so far (Offensive and Defensive)? Kenny Stills WR Tom Wort MLB
    Who is the biggest surprise on your team and what has he done to become that? RB Roy Finch has played well since OK top RB went down in week 2 or 3 for the year
    You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and ACC champion? I felt VT would own the ACC and has played well, I felt OK would take the Big 12 but with an OT loss and sim loss its going to be tough
    How are you enjoying the release so far? Love the game, gameplay sims very similar a bit better in passing game, the recruiting is awesome especially when against other users
    What team has been a MFer for you so far? I would say Texas just simply because it was a heartbreaking loss in such a rivalry game

9. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Who is your Freshman of the year? The only freshmen seeing the field for me do so on things like kickoff team or are second string. If I had to pick, Redshirt FR CB Tyrell Burriss has 7 tackles and 1 INT.
    Who is your Players of the year so far (Offensive and Defensive)? Offense - HB James Washington (142 carries for 798 yards and 7 TDs), Defense - MLB Sterling Lewis (18 tackles, 7 TFL, and 4 sacks)
    Who is the biggest surprise on your team and what has he done to become that? DT Deylan Buntyn - a guy who is classified as a run stopper has 5 sacks. He's been getting them by cleaning up when others whiff or are holding the QB up.
    You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and ACC champion? Yep. Somehow NC State is still on track to potentially win the ACC with a hail mary, and WVU is undefeated in the Big 12.
    How are you enjoying the release so far? I like it. I'm making plenty of stupid mistakes, and I definitely pay for them. In the last version, I could make the same mistakes and half the time it wouldn't be an issue.
    What team has been a MFer for you so far? Honestly, it's my own team - primarily the guy holding the controller. I'll make stupid reads throwing the ball and throw into double or triple coverage. On defense, I'll gladly give up the big play from time to time and just flat out miss tackles by running by the ball carrier. I've got three user games coming up, so those three folks can join this list, too. lol

11. UNo x Broncos

UNo x Broncos Walk On

WVU lost

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Once the week advances they have. I was writing as if the week was just starting and games were in progress. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. UNo x Broncos

UNo x Broncos Walk On

They lost last week to Arkansas and this week to Kansas State

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Who is your Freshman of the year? No freshmen putting up productive numbers at this point.

Who is your Players of the year so far (Offensive and Defensive)? Offensively, that goes to WR Erik Highsmith, with 34 catches for 601 yards and 4 TD. Defensively, MLB Kevin Reddick has 15 tackles, an INT, and a FF.

Who is the biggest surprise on your team and what has he done to become that? HB Giovanni Bernard, but not in a good way. Backup AJ Blue has more yards rushing on fewer carries, and 2 more rushing TDs.

You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and ACC champion? I'm a man of my word so I'm sticking with my preseason predictions til the very end.

How are you enjoying the release so far? Wasn't expecting the CPU to play as well as they do, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than 12 for some reason.

What team has been a MFer for you so far? Any team controlled by the CPU :(

15. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Who is your Freshman of the year? Brandon Ross - RB
    Who is your Players of the year so far (Offensive and Defensive)? Brandon Ross on Offense - Eric Franklin on Defense
    Who is the biggest surprise on your team and what has he done to become that? At 2 - 6, I wouldnt classify anyone as a surprise in a positive respect
    You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and ACC champion? No lol
    How are you enjoying the release so far? Although It sucks being 2-6 I feel this year's game more closely mirrors actual results of NCAA. Its also nice to see others lose to the CPU :)
    What team has been a MFer for you so far? Much like Parrot, I force the ball alot. I seem to do it less against the users but i still do it. I need to practice a bit but the whole work/family thing interferes with video games....as it should :) Am starting to second guess my choice of taking MD over WVU. Definitely disappointed in myself

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  16. IrishBearcat

iBleedOrange247
    BakerWildcat7
    IrishBearcat

I have my finals this week for summer classes, so I will get mine done either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I'd like to have the rest of these done by then too.

17. HoundsOfHowl

Yes sir cheif! Would you like anything else?

18. HoundsOfHowl

Who is your Freshman of the year? No true freshmen starting, but a F(RS) at MLB - Branden Jackson
    Who is your Players of the year so far (Offensive and Defensive)? Offense - Seth Doege, even though he sucks, he has pulled through at key times. Defense - DT (SR) Leon Mackey, has pulled some pretty good stats this year for us, and is #18 in sacks in the nation.
    Who is the biggest surprise on your team and what has he done to become that? Eric Stephens, thought he would bring some more ground attack for our team, yet is ranked 157th in the nation in rushing yards.
    You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and SEC champion? (Well you mean ACC IrishBearcat ) I'm going to give LSUTRUTH the Big XII, and ACC The Parrothead
    How are you enjoying the release so far? eh, other than the rocky roads I've been on here, Im 1-0 in my offliner, don't have enough time to go anymore on it. lol
    What team has been a MFer for you so far? NC State ( The Parrothead ) His super linebacker robbed me in that game.

19. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Damn right they did lol, although they hurt my two best offensive weapons smh...

20. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Who is your Freshman of the year? Tyler Lockett, although he just got hurt for like 6 weeks fml

Who is your Players of the year so far (Offensive and Defensive)? Offense has to be Colin Klien, he's thrown a shit ton of picks but he has also be clutch when needed. Defense goes to Arthur Brown, he hasn't put up large numbers but is always around the ball and is extremely disruptive.

Who is the biggest surprise on your team and what has he done to become that? CB Allen Chapman, he only has like 1 pick but if he caught all the picks he's had chances at he would have like 9 already lol, he's been shutdown

You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and ACC champion? I think I picked OU and Florida State, and I'm sticking to it (accept for OU of course ;-) )

How are you enjoying the release so far? Its been fun, just wish I could get a handle on all these int's.

What team has been a MFer for you so far? Fucking Iowa State, they played like they were A+ across the board.... fuck those guys!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

[​IMG]

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

He did get a good 6 inches off the ground. :cool:

23. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Looks like someone just bought a ticket on the "fuck u too" train! Lol

24. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only