Season 1 - Offseason Discussion

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 1 - Offseason Discussion

Guys, please post in this thread if there is a night this weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) that you would be available for a one night offseason. In the interim, we will advance at worst one stage a day, NO EXCEPTIONS.

2. Dru50

We are onto the 'players leaving' stage. Please keep in mind the rules on swaying players to return:

Players leaving

A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    - is > 95 OVR
    - is a JR that has won the Heisman
    - is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
    - Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

3. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Dru-Maybe you should be a little more clear about what a "major" award is...........The way it is stated is a little vague.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

aren't all the awards in the game "major awards"?

5. Dru50

Dakota is correct, pretty much if the guy wins an offseason award (like the Doak Walker award) and is a 90 OVR or higher, you can't convince him to stay.

Sorry if the language is vague, I copied it from another dynasty and didn't think of that.

6. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I could probably do an offseason night Saturday or Sunday. I will be out of town Friday night.

Players Leaving
    HB Quentin Castille, 88 OVR - Leaving (Pro draft)
    DT Terrence Moore, 85 OVR - Leaving (Transfer - Colorado)
    HB Roy Helu Jr, 90 OVR - Swayed back, will be returning
    DE Pierre Allen, 89 OVR - Swayed back, will be returning

I had a feeling both HBs would try to leave. I am glad I at least talked one of them into returning for their Senior season. Things might have been a little rough if they both left. Pierre Allen's return is a big plus. He had some good numbers last year, and I expect the same next season.

After the season Castille had, I'm not surprised he didn't come back, he was a beast. As for Moore, he looks like a good player, but he only played in mop up duty this year. He would have likely been a starter next season with the graduation of Ndamukong Suh.

7. dakota7

Moore develops into a beast....

I can try for sunday.....

We can probably skip thru accepting transfers, since the cpu will automatically accept them. If we get someone we dont want, we can just post it and cut them later. Cool dru?

Also, I swayed WR Tim Hawthorne 86ovr Jr........need all the bodies I can get

8. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Sunday works for me, i'll be hung over, but it works. Friday i got a party and Saturday is our St. Paddy's day parade so i'll be retarded all day. and night.

9. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I 100% cannot do the offseason on Saturday. I have two spots left open for new additions so I would like to fill those.

Sunday would be best for me.

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am out of town until Sunday, but the SE is also trying to do the offseason that night. Maybe if we start early evening. I will have a better idea once we decide on exact times. I don't mind being simmed through it if I am the only one that can't participate.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im in the same boat as Hokie. I'll be out of town most Saturday and Sunday morning, then have the SE offseason at 8:30pm EST. I doubt I could get on any earlier as 8:30 is a stretch for me. I'll take a look in game to see if I have any players left to sign.

12. Dru50

I have no problem with that, although if there are no incoming transfers I will likely sim through the cuts stage (assuming no recruiting violations).

13. Dru50

Also, can everyone please post your players leaving in this thread (similar to what hippo has done), including the OVR rating of each player.

Everyone will also need to post their position changes in this thread as well when we reach that stage.

Regarding offseason recruiting, promises to recruits will not be allowed. I noticed that wasn't stated in the original rules so that will get amended.

14. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I too will be "retarded" this weekend. Sunday, late (8 Central) works best for me.

15. Dru50

Guys - as a reminder:

I WILL BE ADVANCING PAST THE PLAYERS LEAVING STAGE TONIGHT AT NO LATER THAN 11PM EST. GET YOUR STUFF IN ASAP.

That is all.

16. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Bearcats player leaving:

John Goebel, HB, 89 overall, RS JR, Pro Draft (to sway or not to sway???)

I spent 30 minutes on him and he's coming back. Next year the Bearcats will have a new offensive system so having more running backs will probably be a good thing.

17. dakota7

Are we going straight to Week 1 recruiting? We can always cut transfers later.....just speeds things up IMO

18. Dru50

Yes, we will be advancing straight to week one recruiting tonight.

19. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

OU players leaving:

Sam Proctor SS - had to let him go as he was an award winner.
    ...can't remember the others, i'll post them later.

20. Dru50

Notre Dame convinces 94 OVR WR Golden Tate to stay for his senior season. Thankfully the prior coach didn't win an award with him or play him well enough to boost him to a 95 OVR.:D

21. Dru50

T-minus 1 hour till advance. Texas, Florida and LSU appear to have not done the players leaving stage.

I will not wait on you guys for the advance, so get em done or lose your guys (and you each have at least 2 guys either leaving early or transferring).

22. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Its called STRATEGY, my friend...

23. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

SE has offseason Sun night too so i would prefer sun afternoon or early evening

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Pittsburgh Leavers
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Name Position Year Reason
    Elijah Fields FS :RS:JR Pro Draft (Leaving)
    Kevin Collier FB :RS:SO Transfer- Buffalo (Leaving)

25. Dru50

We may just have to push through it as quick as we can without a one night event. I can't do a early evening or afternoon due to the kids on the weekend.

I'm thinking once a day until the weekend then a morning and evening advance on the weekend days. That way we get to next season by around Tuesday, possibly earlier.