Season 1 Offseason Schedule

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Apr 17, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Offseason Steps:
    1. Restricted Free Agency: 4/19-4/21
    2. Draft - Sunday - 4/22
    3. Free Agency - 4/23
    4. FA Bidding 4/24

Restricted Free Agency
    In 1-2 days (depends upon completion of the SB), we will enter a stage where you can make RFA decisions about your roster. You will do this on XFN by going into the Front Office and then Sign/Release. DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR ROSTER UNTIL THIS PERIOD BEGINS. I will make a thread. Hit the + sign to begin negotiating with a player. Also note that these ratings are pre-progression/regression - you do not have the luxury of knowing what will happen (although based on last year you have a pretty good idea of what should happen.) Anyway, my point is that once you make these decisions, they are final. We are not going to keep track of some guy who you want to see how he progresses before re-signing him. You either will or he walks into FA and you have to sign him back in open free agency. In any case there are a few very important considerations here.

Salary Cap Increase
    We will be increasing the salary cap by 7%

Draft Time Limit
    For the draft, there will a 3 minute limit in the first and second, 2 in the 3rd/4th, 1 in the 5th/6th. The trade committee will on Skype and do verbal trade confirmations.

Requirements for Draft Day
    1. Your roster MUST be at 47 players or less before the draft. Resign the players that you want to re-sign, release the players you want to release. There should not be any players in red, left on your roster. Sign or release them, that's it. If you are trading them, they will need to be signed before you can trade them.

2. All re-signings are done for 3 years MAX - they can be shorter but not longer than 3 years. This is a pain but in order to maintain simplicity it was a necessary step we took last year. True Free agents can demand longer contracts, so keep that in mind. Just know that you'll also be paying market value - so its always a gamble. Risk/reward. If I find that you have re-signed a player for longer than 3 years, I will automatically void the contract and the player with become a free agent. If it is something you have done in error, notify me and I can work with you to fix it.

3. Your roster MUST meet all of the minimum roster requirements before the draft. They are posted below.

QB: 1
    RB: 1
    FB: 1
    WR: 2
    TE: 1
    LT: 1
    LG: 1
    C: 1
    RG: 1
    RT: 1
    LE: 1
    RE: 1
    DT: 2
    LOLB: 1
    MLB: 1
    ROLB: 1
    CB: 2
    FS: 1
    SS: 1
    K: 1
    P: 1

You may also never drop below 30 players.

4. If you cannot meet a minimum position requirement (for example FB, P, K) please sign a BAD player from free agency to fill that roster req. We call these players "placeholders." Sign them for minimum 1 year deals and make sure they do not have a signing bonus (otherwise when they are cut their signing bonus will be applied as a cap penalty). Once you have the placeholder players you need, drop the real players you are getting rid of. Your placeholder players will allow you to sufficiently deal with the minimum roster requirement and once you have signed real players you actually want, you can drop your placeholder players without penalty (once we hit the true free agency period).

5. Your trades cannot be completed right now. However, please at least PROPOSE them in XFN. Do not try to accept, it will not work. But if they are at least proposed, I can manually approve them when the time comes. There will be a period of time before the draft owners can complete trades.

6. We will be making a "checklist" for all the owners to make sure they have completed their tasks. Make sure you are letting me know when your tasks are completed or, if you can, tell me that you need me to do them for you and what you'd like me to do - I figure maybe some people are too busy today to do it or something, so I will help you if I can.

7. If you cannot make the draft, please feel free to send me your draft board or positional needs and I will draft the best players I can find for you (within reason of course). Getting a position player you wanted as opposed to just whatever I can find for you is better than nothing.

8. It is imperative you install skype and report your username in this thread http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/draft-day-skype-chat-call.76447/ You can download skype from here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/ Even if you don't have a mic/headset to get in on the skype call, you can still communicate with typing in the chat. This will help speed up the process, and be useful for last minute trade deals.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Everyone being on skype would help immensely

3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Has the draft time and time per pick been finalized?

4. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

I belive it will be 8:30 pm Est

5. fuzzyl0gic

Added some info about a cap increase and draft time limits.

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Roger and it's good for morale also, let's everyone get to know everyone pretty well. I know I enjoy them and am usually lively in talking during them. Also yes discussing trades will happen and I know fuzzyl0gic wants to have this hard set deadline for time but sometimes it takes a minute or two extra especially in the first 2 rounds to make a deal so in my opinion I think should be a little flexible with time in the 1st 2 rounds and grant them an extra minute or two if they are close to hammering out a deal.

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

We need to get mic's more involved in the league. I know some people don't like to talk when they play but it really adds to camaraderie and makes people less likely to get upset after a loss. I've had some great convos this season with guys like antcap, SimFBallCritic, etc. Its nice to get to know people better and it builds and improves the community and strengthens the league as a whole.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ughh I am going to a Tigers game Sunday, starts at 1...hopefully I'm home for the draft. It's a 3 and a half hour drive....providing the game ends around 4-5 I should only be a little late. I could even give someone my login on XFN, fuzzyl0gic (maybe?) and they could text me some rookies in positions I need and I'll tell them who I want.

9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yea I have had some great convos with SimFBallCritic, GovernedSpy, LSUTRUTH, and Kdpnutter. There was only two games where I didn't have a mic because I had forgot to pack it with me was in the game with you and IPeench. lol But I do agree it brings great camaraderie and makes it easier to take a loss

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Yeah we did have a really good game and was enjoyable.

11. Ghost

when are you and bjb playing :)

12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Tonight @ 1 am EST 10 PST

13. fuzzyl0gic

If you win, play the SB right after pretty please.

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

WTF, you all are trying to kill me, lol the offseason doesn't start til Thursday DAMN! I mean if we don't do it tonight we can do it at a reasonable hour tomorrow.

15. Ghost

league has been waiting on you lol

16. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Excuse me for working and having a job, lol all of us can't live at home and have mommy and daddy take care of stuff for us. Army life is crazy we just gotta roll with what were given so I make the best of it I can. The guys in the real world can understand work and life happens when you've got a wife and kids and/or a demanding job.

17. Ghost

lol I knew you would reply back with the family/Army thing, but you are right though i know what you mean

18. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

i'll be there

19. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Well if your gonna be there and if I do somehow win then yes I will knock it out after.

20. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

lol well it's true cause I mean I will put it this way, I want you to be doing something for the next 35+ hours straight no sleep and then see if your up to a game after that (y)

But yeah if I do somehow win tonight then yes I will get the Super Bowl done tonight to help the league.

• Like Like x 1
  21. fuzzyl0gic

Thanks!

22. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

we can start extending and cutting guys now correct?

23. fuzzyl0gic

Not quite. Tomorrow you can. We are in the Superbowl, and it will be played tonight. I tried to stay up until 2:30 am est last night to advance it, but I fell asleep on the couch.

24. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Heh. Figured you either fell asleep or found someone to sleep with.

25. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Question, why isnt the Free Agency period before the draft? Shouldn't that be the case?

Also, what is the difference between Free Agency and Free Agency Bidding? Those are the same yes?