Season 1 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by kdpnutter, Oct 17, 2013.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

We all know we love the draft chatter, of moving up and down and who's looking at who and everything so figure this gives us a good place to and well hey who doesn't love talking draft stuff?

Seattle is without a first round pick after the deal for Steve Johnson but it has been worth it for me as Harvin and rices injury past hasn't been good. Two weeks after Johnson got there, Harvin went down and Johnson didn't miss a beat. Well worth it to me, Seattle has all remaining picks otherwise.

Seattle could look to deal it's second or third for this year for some picks next year, or could look to deal the for the right player.

We have a huge number of WRs with big play ability and could deal one of the for a little cap relief, Sidney rice is the most likely candidate or Doug Baldwin as Golden Tate just resigned this year for a good team friendly number. A lot of depth on the defensive line also so we could see some of those pass rushers also.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm always looking to move up or down in the draft depending. Can't wait for the draft...and earning more scouting points.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

One of the best parts is the wheeling and dealing leading up to the draft and offseason moves.

4. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Dolphins rumored to be looking at a 3-4 set with Jordan and wake at OLB.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I wanna see how the QB's in the draft shake down. Very intrigued by that.

6. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Bills have (2) first round picks they would use to trade up or trade for good solid players (WR, CB,) Would need to get a playmaking receiver (Dez Bryant, Justin Blackmon, type)

7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Not sure who im looking for now, scouting some random players, soembody trade me a top pick :)

8. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Lol you had one of those types in Stevie Johnson and you traded him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

With the Patriots I have a solid starting lineup and won't get a top 15 draft pick so I will be look for diamonds and the rough, depth, and players for the future. I would be willing to trade out of the first round if the price was right.

11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I thought Braylen Edwards was the second coming of Jerry Rice. :)

12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

True and the Seahawks are glad to have him.

13. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

Chiefs have 2 1st round picks. 1 should be top 10. Would consider trading either both to move up or for a solid playmaker.

14. Snozberriez8198

stevie johnson didn't do shit for me....couldn't get seperation off the line and I prefer taller receivers who can go up and get the ball. Stevie is a solid receiver but wouldn't consider him a "playmaker".

15. Snozberriez8198

and based on the stats he has in Seattle he is inline for a subpar season. my 2nd best receiver will have more yards than him by the end of the season.

16. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Johnson definitely not subpar, we are a run first offense but Johnson definitely gets separation and big time plays for me especially in the absence of Harvin. I don't throw the ball a ton.

17. Snozberriez8198

dont get your panties in a bunch. i just prefer a different type of receiver. Braylon Edwards has done great filling the role (2nd in receiving in league). You have Lynch, so obviously your offense will have him as a focal point. I cannot keep a RB healthy so I need to pass it more than other teams.

18. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Dont see how he got his "panties in a bunch", he just responded to your reply about stevie johnson. I would suggest leaving out madden league jargon like that out of responses, responses like that lead to unnecessary back and forth that causes unneeded drama.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Snozberriez8198

I didn't mean it like that or to be offensive. He knows that, and that why I followed it up with my preferences. KDPNUTTER and I are on good terms and he knows I didn't meant anything by it. He defends our country and have expressed my appreciation for that a few times. I would never disrespect him.

• Like Like x 2
  20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

BREAKING NEWS
    Just got a bit of breaking news here. The Chargers are looking for partners in the dance, they will do anything they can to move down. They are not bad enough for a top pick, and not good enough to make any real difference in the season. Sources say the Chargers have spoken with one team already, and another is interested. Stay tuned to see what happens here.

Well, the Chargers keep playing themselves out of the top 10 in only a way the Charges can. Im on a 3 game win streak, and all thats really one is fuck up chances at getting M. Lee.

LOL

Draft order as of the middle of week 14...

Green Bay
    NY Giants
    Indy
    Zona
    Dallas
    Tennessee
    Chicago
    Atlanta
    Tampa Bay
    Baltimore
    SD
    Denver
    Pitt
    Houston
    Cleveland
    Jax
    Philly

The rest have winning records and will be determined later. Plus nobody cares about any of you drafting in the middle or lower part of the 1st anyway. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Appreciate it, but would not go looking to cause unnecessary drama. I've known snoz for a few years and realize it is just his personality nothing disrespectful taken by it. If I did think it was an issue I'd take it to a pm with him as to not cause large drama for the league.

Overall no issue with what he said, differing opinions but it's okay with me, hence why I traded for Steve Johnson I found him to be a difference maker as he didn't so it's okay for him to not view it the same, hopefully the trade works out for both sides.

22. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

No issue with it, I know just your personality, probably not the best choice of words but I get what you meant overall. No disrespect taken from it, I felt Johnson was a difference maker and you didn't so that's why I went with the deal. Hopefully it works for both sides.

23. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

It's all about them extra picks for me.

24. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

HotRod
    When looking at the draft class it seems there is a small number of guys, like not remotely close to enough for 7 rounds, is there just going to be random filler or how will that work?

25. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    There always ends up being additional players come draft time.

• Like Like x 1