Season 1: OFFSEASON TIME!!!

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Jman, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

2. Jman

3. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

I got fired so I look forward to seeing where I can go for season 2.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I may have a special teams job open. :p

5. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

LOL...ummm, no thanks

6. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I'm booting up my system right now.

7. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Coach Matthew Walker is proud to announce that he has signed a 2-year contract extension with the University of Tulane. Walker turned down a head coaching job from the University of Central Florida to stay with his Green Wave. "I'm very excited about the recruits were bringing in. I have a lot of faith in the youth of this program. I told these new kids I would be here next season to coach them and I don't want to go back on my word. I'm very excited to still be with the Green Wave!" - Matthew Walker.

Jman

8. Jman

9. Jman

Wow dude, congrats on the extension.

I can safely say my ass would've been gooooone to UCF lol

10. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Eh. It was the same conference so I figured if I'm going to stay in the same conference then I might as well just use the same team.

11. Jman

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

If its an OC job at a BCS school I would go. But guessing not much available in those regards after just 1 season.

13. Jman

You might be surprised, looks like NCSU is offering now, not great but not completely terrible...

14. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I'm new to all this . . . It didn't say I got fired so I guess I'm not . . . it showed the UCF job and said I'm one of the candidates but when I went to apply it said that I'm not one of the top candidates and that if I apply I could lose out on other offers. The only other job I saw available was the Tulsa OC job, which may in fact be better then HC of the Lobos.

15. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

This seems like it's taking a really long time. Next season maybe we should plan this ahead of time so we can knock all this crap out in a day.

16. Jman

Easier said than done, particularly on a weekend...people do have lives.

Patience is a virtue, we only advance to this today, we will get through it, no worries.

That said, I'm waiting till 8 and I'll force annil8tion 's choice.

17. Jman

18. Jman

annil8tion Declines the NC-State OC offer
    Jman Declines the NC-State OC offer
    Baron Declines the NC State OC offer (said he would need a good offer to leave so I forced it, hope thats ok Baron)

Jman is on the clock with a HC offer from Washington State (I'll select in a few...I'm debating)

19. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Jman: if it's not a HC job, I don't want it. And really, I trust your judgement. But yea, if it's a HC job, I'll look at it.

20. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I run an online dynasty myself, and it's not a CC, but a conf dynasty with 8 solid members. We are in about on conference championship week, and the way I intend to handle the offseason (granted, no scholarship limits) is that I will start each of the 5 recruiting periods with a 24 hour period unless everybody is done. At which point of each advance you will again have no more than 24 hours till next advance until everybody recruits again, etc . . . you get the picture. Of Course Matt and Hokeie are not in my dynasty so nobody acts like their dick is about to start to grow crooked if we don't advance in the 45 seconds.

21. Jman

Good deal. I'll take care of ya brother.

Worst case, we will do that for the recruiting and pre-season, just way easier to knock it in one night, BUT sometimes that doesn't work out.

By the way...

Jman has accepted a 2-Year contract to be the HC at Washington State

Hokie Effect is on the clock with an OC offer from Tulsa (feel free to let me know what you think and I can yes/no for you Hokie if you don't want to hop on.

22. Jman

Wazzu was a major lateral move talent wise, but, since its a major conference I figured what the hell.

23. Jman

PS Hokie Effect you got SCREWED! Your prestige is only a D+ after the year you had with ULM!

24. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Okay so I'm not quite sure how the coaching thing works also. It list all the available offers correct? So the only offers I had were extension at Tulane and HC at UCF? And if I clicked to take the UCF job then I might not have even got it correct? Do you get more offers after 2 seasons? I think my coaching went up to a B.

25. Jman

Even with the extension you'll be up for jobs next season, BUT, since you signed the extensions you can't/couldn't be up for any more THIS offseason. Had you declined the offer AND the extension you could have been offered more jobs this offseason though.

Hope that helps?