Season 1 - Offseason!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Oct 7, 2009.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Season 1 - Offseason!

Alright fellas. We've advanced to the first week of the offseason.

You have 24 hours from right now to do what you need to do before I advance to the first week of recruiting.

Players Leaving is where we're at right now.

Some people have guys graduating early that are lower than 95 overall and so guys have guys transferring that are way below 95 overall so I'm going to give you guys a chance to win those players back if you want.

Just remember that if they are 95+ or have won a major award and are 90+, they are off limits.

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Masoli is coming back! No convincing needed! Going to have a lot of hype to live up to now...
    Edit: Also, Masoli now holds the NCAA single-season passer rating record!
    2nd Edit: Oregon will be switching playbooks next season to Miami(FL).

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm bringing back a bunch of guys too. I smell a Big 10 championship.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Get this straight Markus White is 92 and leaving for Pro Draft, cant sway correct?

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

You can, unless he won an award.

6. KnightNoles

ohk I just read it again.. 95+ leave alone or 90+ with award leave alone

Well he hasnt won an award so Im goin after him (y)

7. KnightNoles

and it doesnt matter, he is leaving for Pro Draft

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

spent alot of time convincing about 4 or 5 guys to stay. all below 90 so no worries about rule violations there.

Lost Shipley, McCoy, and several other high rated players in the 90s and high 80s..looks like it's rebuild for Texas.

got class til 10pm EST tonight...hopefully it's not adv to recruiting before I get back so I can see players transferring

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

You already saw players transferring. No one is going to get anyone transferring to their school, only losing players.

10. KnightNoles

how close to advance before the 24 hour deadline?

Maybe 2 a day, advance early in morning then every has all day to get it done then advance before Mors goes to bed? Thoughts?

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Sounds good to me. Im all for speeding everything up.

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Well, right now, I'm waiting on Dru and bravejaf to finish up their stuff as both have guys transferring and I wouldn't want to screw them out of that.

If they get it done in the next couple of hours, then we'll be advancing tonight, otherwise, it'll be tomorrow morning.

13. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I will do my stuff tonight definitely. Just have to get my kids to bed first.

14. KnightNoles

Yea, Im not tryin to skip out on people and I know brave is still in his transitioning process in Ohio. I was just thinkin of a way we could get through the offseason a better speed

15. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Week 1 recruiting is here fellas. You have until Friday morning at 6:00 AM EST to get it done. We'll advance sooner if everyone gets their stuff in.

16. KnightNoles

nice!! Im sure everyone should be done probably by week 3 or 4 with the limitations. Also Mors, Ive had trouble in other dynasties when the commish tries to advance the week and it advances through all of recruiting.. Just a heads up on that. lol

17. KnightNoles

man can I buy a offensive player.... I have 8 defensive players signed and then Im huntin for players and they are D players, can I get a O player. shiiiiiit

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I should be back up to speed now. TV purchased, Internet hooked up and couch delivered. Time-wise I am working from 8 am - 5 PM every day till Friday. After Friday I have a 3 day weekend, Columbus Day = bank holiday :). I do have to get some sleep tonight but will TRY to do recruiting before I leave in the morning.

19. KnightNoles

Question: our new prestige ratings for recruiting begin next year right? Like I moved to 6 star and cant go after more 5 stars this season correct? Just askin?

anyways

Lawrence Everett commits
    6'1'' 188lbs :4stars: #7 Athlete #60 Overall
    B+ Speed
    A- Agility
    C+ Play Recognition
    B+ Hit Power
    B- Zone and Man Coverage, Pursuit
    B Tackle

Wow, looks like another defensive guy.. damn it need a O guy or two. I have 4 Schollies left with 2 CB, HB and FB on board.

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Correct. You're new prestige ratings don't take affect until next season.

21. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I did my week one recruiting this morning and there were only a few guys left to do theirs. I am only chasing a TE and C one is a soft already and the other should be a no problem to get signed so I could be completely done after this week.

22. Dru50

It looks like this may be a rebuilding year for the Sooners. Bradford, Murray and McCoy all left early, in addition to the slew of seniors I lost.

I may need a 3-4 weeks to recruit, since the Oklahoma recruiting class wasn't in the greatest shape when I took over and I need to try and fill some specific holes this offseason. I have all my 5 star spots open and 2 4 star spots (which will probably be filled by week 2), but I'm pursuing a number of 3 star guys to fill out the depth chart. I currently have 50 players on the roster and only 9 commits.

23. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Don't worry fellas. You'll have all of preseason recruiting available to you. I'm not going to speed past things cause I knew some of you would get hit hard with transfers and early draft leavers so you will definitely have the time needed to get some of those holes filled.

Just know for future reference that if you have a redshirted sophomore or a junior that's playing very well, expect him to decide to leave early, especially if you're one of the really big schools that normally has guys leaving early.

I got lucky in that I was able to coax both of my junior receivers back and that Joe McKnight decided to stick around for his senior season so I've got back pretty much everyone.

24. KnightNoles

Mors correct me if Im wrong on this, but Dru if you dont get those 5 star spots filled you can add that to 4 star players. say you have the six 5 star players and get 4 of them, 2 left over and there isnt anymore you can give those 2 schollies to 4 star or lower players.

25. Dru50

Yeah, I was expecting to lose Murray and Bradford. Losing McCoy hurt, I was hoping he might decide to not go pro. I was able to talk my starting FS (89 rated - forget his name) into staying, which was nice.

I feel pretty good about Jones at QB and Calhoun at RB for next year, as they'll fit my style of play pretty well. I'm more concerned about losing Gresham at TE. I don't think I have a TE to replace him with, which will hurt.