Season 1: Penn State 34 - Nebraska 24

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jms493, Aug 5, 2011.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Nebraska very confident coming into this game with their chest held high left State College, PA wondering WTF just happened. This was an ugly game for the Penn State Passing game....in fact the ugliest game in their History. We will get to the later though

1st Quarter
    MO took the ball and drove to the redzone but had to settle for a FG after 2 sacks. Penn State decided on instead of being tricky with their game plan to go with what has given them their 9-0 record. Lets run! Redd and Green marched up the field and on a Redd took a HB dive up the middle, trucked over a LB and scored ona 36 yard rumble. It sort of set the tone for the offense.

2nd Quarter
    Very quiet quarter but it ended with probably the play of the game. Nebraska had the ball with 90 secs left and were at the 10 yard line. With 8 secs left Mo motioned a WR to the left side of the field and run a quick up and out route....PSU FS was hovering around the goal line and as soon as the pass was thrown he snatched it and went 98 yards for the TD with 0:00 on the clock.

14-3 Penn State at Half
    NOTE(Starting QB Matt McGloin was knocked out of the game)

3rd quarter
    Was the sight of the ONLY, yes that is right, the only completion by the Nittany Lion offense. On a 3rd and 4 Nebraska brought everyone on the line, QB Newsome hot routed TE Haplea to go on a streak down the middle. The TE broke out and had about a 3 yard lead on the trailing LB, Newsome lofted the ball high and far and Haplea grabbed it and rumbled for a 68 yard TD. 21-3 Penn State. In a blink of an eye it went from potentially 10-7 Neb to 21-3 PSU.

Nebraska would score to make it 20-10 but then the Penn State Rushing machines took the game into their own hands. Green broke a 69 yd TD run and Redd broke a 54 yd TD run in the 4th quarter. 34-10 Penn State

Nebraska made a late attempt to come back scoring twice in the 4th but ultimately ran out of time.

PSU 34
    NEB 24

I think Mo was too emotional in this game and let the INT and blown coverage get the best of him. Down 20-3 with 2 full quarters left is not panic mode but Nebraska was in full force panic. Throwing the ball most of the time and Penn State has a bunch of ball hawks. The Secondary constantly knocked downed passes and knocked balls loose from recs hands. The did intercept Martinez twice allowing only 12 completions on 30 attempts.

The Players of the game were PSU HBs Silas Redd and Stephon Green

Green - 13/127 1TD
    Redd - 19/143 2TD

This is the balanced running attack we have had all year and no one has been able to stop it yet. We shall continue to ground and pound until a team can stop it.

Ohio State is next followed by Hated Wisconsin.

Good Game Mogriff....is the bad taste in your mouth still there this morning?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: About the 1 completion. I know this is a retarded stat but I scored 4 times on long plays and once one defense. The offense was only in the situation to pass a handful of times. We were always getting positive yards running and large chunks of it. In the 4th quarter we were trying to run clock and not give him back the ball off trying to pass.

Video coming soon.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

see you week 13...your ex players are salivating a chance to "kill the traitor!"

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

they hate me for Choking 3 times last year!

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

much like Virginia Tech does

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah but I had a Black QB with them...it was forgivable....

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Blaza - call Rev Al

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, I reverted back to as if it was 2011 form, and I should know better being i have a running QB and I have WR's that aren't great. Kinnie is a solid guy but he's more a slot...marlowe is more of a 4th WR...my best receivers are my slot, a freshman who's too young to really do big damage and my TE Kyler Reed, who I tried to go to.

I should have ran more with Burkhed...I'ma passing guy but I have to know running is my best bet of winning. Hindsight when I was looking back at the 3rd quarter, being down 21-3, I should have ran a bit more to keep the PSU defense honest. Also that pass at the half was killer.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

get rid of the rutgers shit!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    where's David Sims when you need him? :(