Season 1 Recaps

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by alemic, Nov 30, 2010.

1. alemic

alemic Walk On

We will be using this all season!

2. ken10

ken10 Walk On

FINAL

[​IMG] USC 35 (0-1, 0-0 Pac-10) [​IMG] LSU 38 (1-0, 0-0 SEC)

Missed FG Dooms USC

-----------------
    Associated Press
    -----------------

LOS ANGELES -- In the opening game for the USC Trojans, they discovered that they still have a bunch of things to work out. The LSU Tigers scored on a field goal as time expired after driving up the field after the Trojans missed their own with :11 seconds remaining in the game. USC's defense was horrible as LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson put on an absolute clinic with 12-for-17 passing, 224 yards and 3 touchdowns. Neither team had success running the ball and relied heavily on the passing game. Trojans quarterback Matt Barkley was focused early on, but made costly mistakes down the stretch (1 INT, 1 fumble in fourth quarter) that led to touchdowns. If USC wants a shot at the Pac-10 title, they really need to figure things out on both sides of the ball.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

So does that mean the CPU is a challenge?

4. ken10

ken10 Walk On

Idk. I'm just on a bad streak recently. I could have won just by pounding the ball but gave up on it. Sigh.

5. titangator

titangator Walk On

So... I am just curious, is having all the recaps in 1 thread liked by everyone? Personally I would much rather have them each week in a separate thread... that way I can be like, ok I played this team in week 3, let me go back and look and see what happened... instead of having to scroll and read through them all in one thread...

anybody with me?

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

If you all wanna do that it's fine with me.

Also you could copy paste to your own thread. Just an idea

7. titangator

titangator Walk On

yes, your right, i could do that as well... its whatever yall wanna do

8. titangator

titangator Walk On

South Carlina jumps out to a 1-0 start
    South Carolina looked very impressive in the first game of the Coach Hickerson era with a convincing 37 to 14 victory over the number 24 Cincinnati Bearcats. The offense started out with a few sputters, driving down field, but stalling in the red zone for 3 field goal tries until Stephen garcia connected with D. Moore on a 12 yard touchdown pass. This would get the offense going as Garcia then went on to hit Alshon Jeffrey on an 82 yard TD strike and Tory Gurley on a 21 yard touchdown pass. The other touchdown came on a returned fumble, when SS Devonte Holloman picked off an option pitch and took it to the house. Garcia finished the day 13 of 19 for 251 yards and three touchdowns. Garcia threw zero interceptions, which has been his Achilles heel in years past. Freshman Marcus Lattimore didnt quite reach the century mark, but did have a solid day, running the ball 22 times for 94 yards. Alshon Jeffery was the leading receiver thanks to his long touchdown catch. Jeffery hauled in 3 passes for 125 yards and a touchdown. "I am very proud of the way our guys worked today, almost played a perfect game on offense, those trips to the red zone gotta result in touchdowns, not field goals. On defense we played lights out, they had 2 scores, both on long runs over 70 yards. Just blown assignments there on 2 plays throughout the entire game. Get those corrected and that is the best defensive effort I have been apart of as a head coach," said Hickerson. Next week South Carolina hosts SEC East rival Georgia to kick off their conference season.

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mallet had an excellent game with 285 yards and 3 TDs. Knile davis shined as he pounded out 138 yards! On a sad note, Touted Sophomore WR Cobi Hamilton went down for 9 weeks after having 3 receptions for 77 yards in teh first quarter!​
    Next Week: Ohio ST. ...Here i come!​

10. alemic

alemic Walk On

I think we should go to the week by week thing honestly. More organized and easier to keep up with who does the recaps and who doesnt.

I had a freaking epic recap going for the Oregon Ohio State game but the computer shut off on me and I don't have the heart to do it. I will get around to it in the next day or so

11. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Alabama Starts 1-0

T-Town- The Crimson Tide started the Year off right as they held off Baylor and RGIII 24-16.
    Baylor started with absolute pressure right off the bat as they pressured Mcelroy right out of the gate. and in the mist of that Baylor Kicked 2 FG's and held a 6-0 lead over the Defending National Champs. Then Bama's running Game took over as they ran & passed the ball and drove it down to the 3 yrd line, then Mcelroy found Maze in the Back of the EZ and a 7-6 Bama Lead. Then Baylor drove it right down and Kicked a FG to take back the lead 9-7. Then Bama was driving again when Mcelroy was hit at the 10 yrd line and fumbled the ball and Baylor scooped it up and took it to the House for a 16-7 lead at the Half.

CoachBama just walked in the Locker Room and told his guys a old Bear Bryant saying "Now we have them where we want them". The Guys went Nuts and Came out to Defend their House. Bama got the ball 2nd half and started to run the ball just about every time as the Bear defense was starting to wear out from the constant pounding of the offense line. Bama drove it down to the 3yrd line before the drive fizzled and shelley kicked a fg and baylor still lead 16-10. Then after a 3 and out, Bama drove the ball again with a mix of run and pass and Mcelroy found Maze again for the TD and a 17-16 Bama Lead. The Defense continued to play stellar vs the Baylor attack and then in the 4th quarter Bama started a Mammoth drive that took up most of the 4th quarter clock and Ingram went out with a Hip pointer and Richardson came in and Punched it in from 5 yrds out and Bama extended the lead to 24-16. The Crowd knew the Lead was slim and the Defense saved the Best for Last. Baylor was driving with mostly pass and got it to Bama's 20 yrd line Then on the next play Baylor's rb took the handoff and was smacked by Kirkpatrick and the ball came loose and Bama recovered and then the offense made Baylor burn their 3 TO's and Clinch the Win at Home.

Ingram rushed for 110 yrds
    Mcrelroy passed for 246 yrds and 2 td's.
    Defense forced 2 sacks and 1 huge fumble to preserve the win.
    #1 Bama starts off 1-0 and get Penn St Next.

12. titangator

titangator Walk On

South Carolina drops rivaly game
    South Carolina lost its first game of the season Saturday to the rival Georgia Bulldogs, 27 to 24. South Carolina put itself in a hole, trailing 17-0 the entire first half before kicking a field goal with a few seconds remaining to make it 17 to 3 going into the locker room. Two forced fumbles later in the second half, the Gamecocks had tied the game up going into the fourth quarter at 17 all. Early in the quarter, Georgia quarterback(why cant i thnk of his name right now lol) would throw a pick six to linebacker Shaq Wilson that would give the Bulldogs the lead 24 to 17 about halfway through the fourth. Georgia would drive down into the redzone. They would lose 3 yards on a 3rd and inches play, then be sacked on 4th down. Gamecocks ball, just a couple minutes left, Marcus Lattimore, ballgame, right? Wrong. Lattimore would lose 7 yards on his first 2 carries of the drive setting up a 3rd and 17. Coach Hickerson chose to go conservative and lean on his defense and would run a draw play setting up a punt. Georgia would move the ball to midfield before hitting a wide open receiver down the middle of the field to tie it up. South Carolina would get the ball with a minute and some change left, all 3 time outs, and only needing a field goal. The Cocks would go 3 and out, punting the ball to the Bulldogs with 50 seconds left. Georgia would take over on their own 30 with no timeouts. The first play was a crossing route to the tight end which got them into South Carolina territory. From there they milked what was left of the clock, picked up 20 more yards and kicked a field goal to win the game with just a few ticks left on the clock. "Very frustrating loss, we dug ourselves in a hole, dug ourselves out, had all the momentum in the world, and didnt finish," said Coach Hickerson. Star freshman Marcus Lattimore finished the day with 18 carries for only 35 yards. The Bulldog defense was ready for him, and shut him down completely. Stephen Garcia played a good game however, going 15 of 26 for over 250 yards and a touchdown. He did however throw his first interception of the season. Next week the Gamecocks will host the Michigan Wolverines.

13. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

Arizona State Opens Up With a 42-28 Win Over Big Blue
    The final score could not be more wrong in this matchup. A thrilling ending brought this game to a 14 point difference, but 28 points were scored in the last 2:11 left in the game.​
    ASU got just the start they needed when Deantre Lewis broke off a 49 yard run to put the Sun Devils up 7. On the first Michigan possession Denard threw a pick that left ASU a short field and allowed them to jump up 14-0. A Robinson run brought Michigan back into the game at 14-7 but 2 Steven Threet TD passes in the 2nd quarter brought ASU up 28-7 at the half.​
    At 28-13 entering the 4th quarter ASU thought they had pretty much sealed up the game. Insisting on running the ball to eat clock ASU ran into a couple 3 and outs that allowed Michigan back into the game. At 28-20 ASU had the ball with a little over a minute left. A missed 47 yd field goal by the Sun Devils opened up a window for the Wolverines. Robinson nailed Junior Hemingway on a 41 yard pass to bring the game to 28-26, Shaw banged in the 2-pt conversion with an outside run to bring the game to 28-28.​
    Michigan kicked off and a solid return to ASUs 45 yard line was called back due to a dubious holding call. Steven Threet decided to take matters into his own hands and nailed an 89 yard strike to TJ Simpson for what turned out to be the winning touchdown and Threets 3rd TD pass on the day. ASU kicked off and with no timeouts left Michigan had a tough task ahead of them, about 25 seconds left and 80 yards to go. Bringing some pressure ASU hit Robinson which altered his pass and allowed Senior DE Jamarr Robinson intercept the ball and waltz in for the game sealing pick 6.​
    Steven Threet ended up 15-22 for 300 yards and 3 TD for a rating of 227.7 he was named the Chevrolet Player of the Game.​
    On the Wolverines side Denard Robinson ended up 22-40 for 422 yds and 2 TD, as well as 8 carries for 47 yards and 1 TD but his 3 interceptions is what opened the door for ASU.​

• Like Like x 1
  14. DC

DC Shake n Bake

nice first summary my man

15. titangator

titangator Walk On

^^^ what BK said, nice stuff! Solid win too!

16. bamagrad

Bama pounds Penn St.

T-Town- In the true Penn St-Alabama rivarly this game turned out to be a classic just like Many games of the 70's and the 80's. Penn St. won the toss and decided to get the ball 1st, They drove it down the field on the feet of royster and got into fg range and the kicker missed a bit to the left and BDS went crazy. Bama on their 1st drive couldn't get much going, Then Penn St on the next drive drove it again and got it into fg range and wagner nailed it from 22 yrds out as the Bama D shut the door on PSU trying to get in the end zone. Then Bama came out with Classic Bama style run and pass the ball and chew up the clock and then Mcelroy found Dial from 7 yrd's out and TD Bama and a 7-3 lead. Then PSU responded with a quick strike and it went 68 yrds and PSU had the Lead. Bama then almost made it harder Mcelroy threw a pass caught by Alexander then he Fumbled then PSU's corner picked it up and seemed to have open field then Mcelroy tackled him and popped the ball loose and Bama recovered on their own 20 yrdline. Bama then decided to kneel the ball and regroup at HT.

It was very quiet in the Locker Room when Julio Jones said for everyone to man up and win this thing. CB just smiled and Bama came out fired up for the 2nd half. Bama then drove the ball down with ingram getting "dirty yards" and Mcelroy passing and drove it in FG range. Shelley nailed it from 44 yrds and a 10-10 stalemate. Then PSU did nothing on the next drive and punted and Bama then drove the length of the field and Ingram took it in from 12 yrds out and Bama took back the lead 17-10. Then PSU was called for Holding on the KO and then Mcgloin was sacked at the 4 and then Luther Davis broke free and sacked Mcgloin again in the end zone and a 19-10 Bama Lead. Those 2 extra points would decide this one.

Then in the 4th quarter Bama continued to chew up the clock before PSU held them to a punt and got the ball back. Then PSU drove it down the field and then FB Suhey took it in from 2 yrds out and now it was 19-17 Bama with 3:41 left in the game. Then Bama was nailed with a Holding call and started from the 11 yrdline. Bama then ran and passed with ease forcing PSU to call their precious TO's. Then on 3rd and 10, Mcelroy called for a screen to richardson and he took it 14 yrds and a crucial 1st down for Bama. Then Bama kneeled the ball down and came out the Winners in a very tough game.

Ingram rushed for 40 yrds and 1 td and had 3 catches for 29 yrds.
    Mcelroy passed for 193 and 1 td and 1 int
    Maze led the recievers with 79 yrds

#2 Bama is now 2-0 and hoping to regain the #1 ranking next week as they were a bit miffed with them dropping to #2 eventhough they won last week. The BCS doesn't want Bama on top again.

17. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

19-17 is a pounding?

18. titangator

titangator Walk On

19. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

Michigan State improves to 2-0 with a 34-3 win over Troy.

Defensive Tackle Jerel Worthy recovered a fumble and rumbled in 92 yards for a score in the 1st quarter. In the second quarter, Johnny Adams returned an INT 45 yards for the score. Late in the 2nd quarter, on a 4th and goal at the 2 play, Kirk Counsins scored on an option keeper. From there on the running game took over as Edwin Baker scored on a 61 yard rush attempt to give the spartans a 27-0 lead. Troy was no match for the balanced attack of the Spartans who threw for 166 yards and ran for 200 yards on 30 carries. Sparty's offensive line dominated as Cousins had ample time to go through his reads and the running back tandems of Baker and Capel had big games. MSU's defense also complete shut down Tulsa and created many turnovers. The Spartans host Tulsa next week in another tune up before Big Ten play begins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. bamagrad

JhuJay said-19-17 is a pounding?

yeah, specially when yr offensive line starts to dominate the d-line and my defense hits anything that moves.

21. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

MSU beats Tulsa 28-14. Recap would've been up but again problems with the EA site. Box scores say Nebraska beat Boise.

22. DC

DC Shake n Bake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. titangator

titangator Walk On

South Carolina wins thriller over Michigan
    In what will surely go down as one of the games of the season, South Carolina defeated Michigan on a last second field goal, 38 to 35, to move to 2-1 on the season. "This was a crazy game, I am sure it was fun to watch from the outside looking in, and we are just glad and very fortunate to come out on the winning end," said Hickerson. The game was back and forth in the first half, going to the locker room tied at 21. The offenses took a break in the third quarter before restarting the firework show in the 4th. It took 17 fourth quarter points to top Michigans 14 fourth quarter points, but the Gamecocks got it done. QB Stephen Garcia score on an option keeper from a yard out to give South Carolina a 28 to 21 lead with 4:30 remaining. Michigan would answer a minute and a half later to tie it up at 28 all. tailback Marcus Lattimore would rumble in from 26 yards out to give the Gamecocks the lead 35 to 28 with 36 seconds left, game, right? Wrong. Michigan's quarterback Denard Robinson would find K. Loger for a 38 yard TD strike after an AMAZING catch(video will be posted) that would get them in striking distance. So now you say, overtime right? Wrong again. South Carolina would get a decent return to about the 30, complete a pass to midfield, complete one more to the 32 yard line which would set up Spencer Lanning's 49 yard, game winning field goal as time expired. Marcus Lattimore earned the MVP honors in the game, carrying the ball 24 times for 190 yards and three touchdowns. Garcia went 19 of 25 for 325 yards. Senior tight end Weslye Saunders was his main target, coming up with several timely catches. He ended the day with 5 catches for 105 yards. Alshon Jeffery also had a ncie day, hauling in 4 catches for 90 yards.
    Couldnt figure out how to get my videos embedded on here, they wouldnt save to my computer right for some reason... anywho, i uploaded several to the dynasty page... the catch by his wide out is definitely worth checking out, as well as Marcus lattimore's stiff arm!

24. ken10

ken10 Walk On

Trojans again suffer a late-game collapse

[​IMG]

FINAL SCORE - Arizona State Sun Devils 30 @ USC Trojans 28

In a game where USC quarterback Matt Barkley shattered the school record for passing yards, the Trojans again found themselves losing a nail-biter. Down by 10 going into the fourth, Barkley and receiver Ronald Johnson hooked up play after play to take a late lead only to give ASU kicker Thomas Weber nail the game-winning FG. The Trojans (0-3) might have fallen out of the top 25 polls after this loss, and will need to regain their groove next week against ECU.

KEY PLAYER - QB Matt Barkley, 21-for-54, 559 yards, 3 touchdowns, 3 interceptions

Dang @ken10 !!!!!!

0-3 those NCAA sanctions are kicking in earlier than expected!!

25. titangator

titangator Walk On

South Carolina loses 35-29... was down 28-0 in the 2nd quarter, couldnt come back... this game frustrates me soo bad, i dont get why i can never start out right in a game... gonna be hard to get up for the rest of this season... this one officially puts me out of the sec race.. sweet, fml