Season 1 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by HotRod, Jul 23, 2013.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    The Tradition

What are your team needs, how is your board looking so far? Any potential battles shaping up?

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Need a lot and my board looks like shit. That's all I got

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I need 2 FBs. Outside of that, I'm free to go after anyone. Too bad USC is going after all those "anyones" I want.

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Terps need to work on the defense particularly CB and linebacker. Our defensive line is good for a couple seasons but we need depth. On offense we are looking for a QB but not a high priority, also looking to develop the O-line. Despite being a 2 star team we have some solid interest from 4 star recruits as we scoured the recruiting trail very thoroughly to find guys we felt we had a legit shot on.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have no idea what I am doing...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Need OL/DT/CB/S/LB

Im in the mix for a beast :5stars: ATH, but I really want to get a good DT and 3-5 OL.

7. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I'm in the JMS camp...lost. There's been a lot of turnover on the MSU board thus far, which has required me to find some diamonds in the 3 star rough. We have a star-studded LB core that will be gone soon, and I'm hoping to find some upgrades at DT (no luck so far). We're the front-runner for at least one 5-star beast though - a LB in the mid-80's that will more than likely start as a true freshman if we're able to land him. 16 seniors to replace seems like a daunting task at this stage...

8. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I need a new fucking internet!!

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think I have a better handle on this class now. Removed some reaches and focused more points on need-positions. Really want to put a point into Royal Treatment before visits

10. Twister18

I need 3 spots: C, FB and 1 CB.

11. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

The Wildcats are pressing heavy for a replacement QB for Kain Colter. Also looking for safety help with the move to 4-2-5. Depth isvery important for us so we need to hit as we have a pretty significant Senior class.

12. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    First signing for the Terps is the #6 corner in the country and hometown kid Joel Franklin. This kid has very good skills and will probably be called on to start immediately with the impending loss of three corners to graduation.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

He looks better than the corners I've got on my team already!

• Like Like x 1
  14. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

So far we have only signed a 3 star guard. Probably won't sign a lot of guys this. Focusing heavy on backfield personnel. In the mix for some really talented guys. Hopefully we can close on them

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

HotRod, that corner is a horse. Especially jealous of the speed/acceleration combo. Tough to get both in a package along with top end speed.

With the technical side skills he's got in both coverage styles, he should be able to lock up shop the moment he steps on campus. Nice get.

16. Black Republican

We have yet to sign anyone. In a battle with 3 players.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Twister18

I am in some battles, mostly losing ones. :(

18. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Let's keep it that way ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Black Republican

I'm not feelin that haha

• Like Like x 1
  20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

Washington went across country for this enormous Tackle prospect. Elite quickness for someone his size. With some time in the program and weight room, Mitchell will become a good player for the Huskies.

[​IMG]

Nothing special about this guy at all. Likely attrition candidate once recruiting picks up, but Washington needs bodies on the DL if they want to keep running the 4-3. However, with a redshirt and some time, he could possibly find a role as a depth player... perhaps even crack the rotation in his last year.

[​IMG]

Another big Tackle recruit with quick feet, Hudson was plucked from the Ducks backyard. Derrick is a JUCO Sophomore that will be really benefit from a redshirt, and will be in the mix for a starting spot as soon as he is eligible. His size and quickness also make the move to Guard an option.

• Like Like x 1
  21. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Another cornerback for the Terps. Cook has good size and speed and will receive a redshirt to develop his skills. In a couple seasons he will be a productive player on defense.

22. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

MSU 2013 Recruiting Trail:

[​IMG]

The Spartans have a major need to fill at MLB, as Senior All-American Max Bullough will be heading to the NFL, and there is only one additional MLB on the roster, freshman Joe Reschke (72 OVR). The Spartans may be looking to move to a 3-4, and if they do Vincent Lawrence could develop into a star by his junior/senior year (although depending on how recruiting goes this year, MSU may not have the luxury to be able to redshirt him). Lawrence has great speed, can rush the passer and has decent coverage abilities.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Michigan State's first 4 star recruit, this athlete will fit in nicely as a safety, which fills a need as the team loses two senior safeties on the strong side. He may need a year or two to hone in on his coverage skills, but has great speed and could play a role in the kick return game as well.

[​IMG]

Another 3-4 MLBer with great speed, he can also rush the passer. Blanco will more than likely be redshirted his freshman year, but he will play a vital role in helping keep the MSU run defense at the top of the nation come his junior/senior years.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    ---Jonathan Allen was mostly a TE throughout high school when his coaches saw the raw potential in his blocking. He became a full-time LT his senior season and thrived. AS of now, he's not the biggest kid...in fact he's only 271lbs. He's more lean and we really want to work on his strength once we get him onto campus. Still, he's one of the more polished blockers in this class, we just want to beef him up to deal with the big boys in the trenches.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    ---In an alternate coaching timeline, Vincent Gullory reminds me of an ATH I recruited as BC's coach by the name of Dan Holt. The moral here is that Holt moved to FS and his OVR jumped from 69 to 79. We see here damn near the same attributes with the speed, acceleration and zone coverage attributes. A move to RB isn't out the question but depending on how this class turns out in the secondary, Gullory could follow similar footsteps to the FS position as we have a HUGE need in the backend of our defense.

[​IMG]
    ---The early blue chipper from this class, Winston displays the prototypical body type (6'4", 260lbs) for a 4-3 type DE. He has good speed and excellent acceleration. The huge pluses here are his block shedding his a HUGE plus as an incoming freshman and he's one of the better tacklers from this DE class. Not to mention, the pursuit and play recognition abilities are excellent. He's one of those kids that with the proper training, he will be a 3 year starter and heading to the pros to make millions.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Twister18

I aint got shit. :(:mad:

• Like Like x 2
  25. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Great find for the Terps as we have found our QB of the future in :3stars: Texas product Steven Jones. Jones can stand tall in the pocket at 6'4" and has a big arm. He could potentially be the starter as a RS Freshman.

[​IMG]

Thomas is a nice JUCO player out of Connecticut. Academic issues led to his dismissal from UConn but after a solid season in junior college he finds himself back in big boy football. Thomas can play both CB and HB though he is a bit undersized for the latter. The Terps are hoping to have him play CB for the next few years.

[​IMG]

As Maryland looks to make the transition to 4-3 defense we needed to get LBs that can both play at the line of scrimmage and can cover well in space. We feel like wegot a solid player in Williams. What we like most about him is his coverage skills, he may develop into one of the better coverage LBs in the country.

[​IMG]

More CB depth for the Terps in hometown product Brandon Jones. He will be getting a redshirt to develop his coverage skills. Hopefully can be a good nickel corner at some point.