Season 1 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by theSANDMAN215, Feb 10, 2009.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Season 1 Recruiting Discussion

Well, so far I have a 2-star FS. Hoping to land a 3-star scrambling QB who will fit into my offense better than the QBs I have now.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Landed my number one target this week. *** DE. 6'4'' with b+ speed. I think he's going to be able to come in right away and wreck shop.

3. theSANDMAN215

you are recruiting some tall guys, that's for sure.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Haha, yeah, if nothing else...

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Got a **** T this week. PS #7. Brings my class up to the 2nd best in the nation. Hope to keep it there, but I doubt it will be deep enough, unfortunately.

6. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

Wow, your doing a better job than I.

7. theSANDMAN215

hopefully i can start narrowing my recruiting after a huge recruiting weekend against Houston.

8. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Picked up a *** WR; thought it would be more after a bunch of grade A visits.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Another big week for Rice coming up in Wk 11.

Managed to pull in a :4stars: WR and :4stars: SS who might move to OLB. Sort of exciting. Hopefully this week will provide another boost on some more top targets for Rice. Lord knows I need them...

10. You know what sucks? Now that I am with UTEP recruiting is tough and all my targets like the team I was with (Tulsa) more. Damn me. LOL. Oh well, there is always next year.

11. ropeman45

ropeman45 Guest

I walked into a couple of high recurits coming in. I will post them tonight. I am still trying to figure out my needs. I like to run the ball , so I know I always need good lineman

12. tmac2345

tmac2345 Guest

The good thing with Memphis is that almost all of my skill player returns besides a bunch of backup WR's. The bad thing is that I will be losing a ton on both of my lines. After trying to repair my board, the computer had some awful players on there I mean it's Memphis not VMI.

Anyway, I picked up a verbal from a 2* running back with B+ speed. With four RB's back next season I'll be able to redshirt him. Maybe he turns into something, maybe not. Coming into the league this late in the game my main goal is to just try to make the most of this class. If I can manage to get 7 future starters out of this group down the road then I'll be happy.

With that being said, it looks like that I have around five quality players about ready to come to Memphis.

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I landed a :3stars: TE that I think could compete for some PT next year. He's not terribly fast, but good size and good hands. Also a :3stars: C signed with me. I always will take a C when I can get one because you never know when the next good one is going to come around.

14. ropeman45

ropeman45 Guest

Ball State commits are below. I walked into the 1st two already committed. Just got the 3rd this week. I am going to look for speed and size , see if we can get some ball players in here.

[​IMG]

15. tmac2345

tmac2345 Guest

Memphis has 2 ** guards that are ready to commit to go with a ** FS. I would like to redshirt as many freshmen as I can, but due to lack of depth on my squad I can see all three of these guys being on my 2-Deep next year.

I also have ** WR that is 6'5 with B+ speed visiting next week. Here's hoping some of these recruits pull the trigger to come to Memphis soon.

16. Razcalking1978

Picked up a :3stars: guard and a :2stars: fullback this week, both out of Alabama.

The guard, Steve Hayden, also had an offer from Mississippi State.

17. bnckeye27

bnckeye27 Guest

Update: still no one wants to come to Miami. Not even a soft verbal yet.

18. tmac2345

tmac2345 Guest

Who would want to go to J-Crew U with all of those elitist jerks?

(Just so there is no misunderstanding here, I'm just messing around. You can never miss a chance to make fun of MU though.)

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Rice picked up a solid :4stars: G prospect this week in addition to their biggest signing of the year in a :4stars: HB with good speed and quickness.

20. whatupguy

whatupguy Guest

picked up a slew of 2 star prospects the past few weeks. still holding out hope for a few 4 stars, and some 3 stars that have us soft commit so far.

21. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

I have only gotten a 2 Star Guard and a 2 Star QB. It doesn't look like a great recruiting class this Season for me. But I shall keep trying.

22. Yours is looking like mine. Only one commit since I took over UTEP.

23. tmac2345

tmac2345 Guest

I picked up three soft verbals this week. A 2* FS with B+ speed and acc, a 2* guard with A- awr and a 3* TE. The tight end could see action next year. I had a slew of guys visiting and should get some more commits once this week is advanced.

This class is about what I expected it to be since I took over so late. My hope is to land the few 3* and 4* players I have towards the top of my board. (I'll have a more detailed report on my rec in my dynasty tracker.)

24. theSANDMAN215

boo .. Cincinnati stole 2 of my recruits. they were only 2 stars, but still, any star is good right now, haha.

I will be sure to schedule them next year and put a beating on them.

25. Razcalking1978

Picked up a :3stars: WR this week, B+ speed. So far that's 2 3*** WRs, a 3*** G and a 2** FB.

Also have soft commits from a 3*** TE, 2** T and 2** P.