Season 1 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bondzai, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Season 1 Recruiting Discussion

Syracuse only has 8 spots to fill this offseason. That's good because I can focus more time on the guys I want, but it's bad because this team needs a complete overhaul.

What are your teams looking like?

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

i have to say I am a little spoiled with Iowa. I have a solid returning backfield and TE Core. As for OL all but Bulaga will be returning. Defensively I will need a few DE's and maybe a DT but he wont see action for a few years. My Linebacking core in incredible. Although I will lose Angerer, Tarpinian will step up as a high 80 MLB. My DB's are ok, young but all returning.

So I am just looking to fine tune a few positions....nothing too stressful.

3. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Just went through pre-season recruiting...holy hell. 22 seniors leaving and only 69 men on the roster means 23 scholarships to give out. I am losing 4 defensive ends, 3 wide receivers, and 3 guards.

After taking a trip across the nation to check the interest in Minnesota, no big recruits have shown much interest. This could take a couple years of recruiting to put some elite talent and depth on the roster. But we'll see if I can't land a surprise star or two.

4. Catch28

Catch28 Walk On

Only 13 Seniors here. Need some depth at QB, a WR, MLB, FS, and a punter.

Should have a solid future ahead with 25 freshman on the current roster.

5. theBIGmo45

theBIGmo45 Guest

only 13 slots for maryland. need lb's and a cb for the d.
    c and fb for the o

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Colorado's roster is at 68 and we've got 11 seniors. The theme of this roster is AVERAGE!! And lots of it. Our only "strength" is our running back corps, with 4 players rated in the 80's. Too bad, cuz we're gonna be passing the ball. As far as recruiting goes, we're shooting for blue chippers, 19 of the players on our board are in the top 100.

7. Emmdotfrisk

QB Cody Hawkins is legit in the game! Coaches Son.....well ex coaches son

8. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

i'm minnesota in another dynasty and i hear you're pain. losing all those linebackers and de's is tough, but it sure makes recruting even more essential.

good luck bro, you're gonna need it.

9. AJ Hart MN

only 11 seniors on my roster but like most people, this team is very average. there are some definite needed upgrades like rb, cb, de and the entire offensive line. :(

on the bright side, im in the running for a 5 star d.tackle. for the 1st season, just looking to add talent to a good group of young players. already looking for jake locker's replacement and maybe got it with a 3 star guy that im #1 on his list, hopefully i can get a quick commit from him. (y)

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Texas A&M's roster is very young (only 15 seniors I think) and there aren't many 'need' positions (not taking into account that the talent could be better all around). The only place where I have to get guys in is MLB, but thankfully I'm in the top 10 for the top 4 MLB's from Texas so we should be ok to get one or two of them.

11. Bondzai

Keep in mind that you can only offer 13 scholarships.

12. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Late to the party on this, but, we've only got four positions to fill for next season, though the team is pretty average overall and is in need of a talent infusion.

13. AJ Hart MN

so i can only offer out 11 scholarships because i have only 11 seniors? or can i offer more and only have 11 commits?

14. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I will respect the rules but don't colleges offer more scholarships than they have. It would make sense that they do since teams are not going to get every recruit they go after in real life.

15. Bondzai

whygod - They do but colleges also have 90 man rosters. In the game we only get 70 and if one team keeps getting 30 top recruits and then cuts 20 of them that fucks over the other teams.

AJH - If you have 11 spots available, you can only offer 11 scholarships. You can have as many as you want on your recruiting board but only 11 can be offered scholarships at a time.

16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

To be clear I did the first week only offering the allowed 12 scholarships for my team.

I guess I always assumed colleges offered more scholarships than they have because not everyone will say yes simultaneously. Maybe that is not the case, I do not know much about recruiting in real life.

17. Bondzai

You can't compare real life recruiting with the game recruiting.

18. astealthyhippo

No week 1 commits for Minnesota. We did manage to work our way up a couple of prospects' boards to #1 or #2. I see a couple possible recruiting battles are forming. Should be interesting...:HoosierHoo:

How's everyone else looking after week 1?

19. Emmdotfrisk

In real life college's show interests in players and vice versa. They speak during the college football and HS season, as well as scout and have recruiting visits. At which point the coaches are evaluating the player by skill, knowledge, interest. Then the coaches align the recruiting board with the players they want with a calculated number of how interested they are, their skill level, team needs, and probability of signing. During the season the team tries to sign all their scholarships and don't offer more than they can provide as it is against NCAA rules. Each team has a pretty good idea who they are wanting to sign the year before, so Junior's in HS ect. If they don't get all their wanted players to sign suring the season, the offseason recruiting time is used to get that one or two more recruits and evaluate players for the next year.

20. astealthyhippo

No commitments again for Minnesota after week 2. I figure it will be after the mid-way point of the season before we get anybody to commit.

21. Bondzai

Yeah, the teams we are using aren't going to sign too many people early in the season.

22. Emmdotfrisk

Agreed, including myself....no commits at this point, lots of interest tho :)

23. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Colorado doesn't have any signings yet either.

24. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Same here, currently targeting about 16 guys (although haven't offered scholarships on all of them) and I'm in the top 3-4 at least with all of them. No instant commits on the few that had me #1 to start.

25. b10h424rd

b10h424rd Ohio Bobcat

computer signed a 2 star running back before i took over the team. no big issues on way or the other, but does that count against my scholly limit?