Season 1 - Recruiting thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 25, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Season 1 - Recruiting thread

Talk about some awesome recruits available, some battles you're having, brag about signing someone...or don't and make other teams wast time on guys you already signed

2. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

curious if there is limitations on recruiting, since we are pretty much recruiting against eachother if we are in the same conference. i mean unlimited is fine as long as people are doing it in moderation and respect. just curious so that we dont have people getting all 25 scholarships committed and then end up cutting about 15 of them heh.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

check the rules. no limits, but be realistic

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am going to try and land an impact player......we shall see otherwise it is a bunch of scrubs that we hope to turn into players.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah not a whole lot of standouts interested in Arkansas. A few decent players but no more than a handful that will be able to play right away. Most need some seasoning

6. Stoker23

Stoker23 Walk On

My top prospect is a 3 star.... No love for BC!

7. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

Any general recruiting advice or links to tips? I never play dynasty and don't really know any good recruiting strategies. So far, I just look at players that show interest in me and if I like their tendency then I target them.

8. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

look for players interested in you, look at how many seniors are leaving and try to recruit new players to fill those spots, and then look at immediate team needs to fulfill your roster requirements.

on top of all that dont try and get an overbearing amount of people, start at 20-25, by week 5 your should have a hard 10-15 you really want, maybe even have signed a few, and at the end of season you hope to land at least 7-10 and get your remaining in the off-season, which is alot alot of fun.

jsut to have a lil wild card, pick one 5* or once 4* player that is only interested in a top teir team and try to recruit them, sometimes you can sway them if the cpu doesnt pick them up early.

also some people offer scholarships early in hopes that they can snag a player before anyone else gets the chance, some players are deadset on your school and are just waiting on an offer. other people wait the scholarship out a bit until the player is down to its top 3-5 schools and then you can pick it up.

promises are alot of fun the season as well as the recruit against feature. ive been really enjoying both of these lately.

anyways hope this helps a lil bit

9. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

I think Ole Miss is going after only one four star player, because that's all that's interested in us. We're loading up on the 3 stars this year!

10. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Recruiting at Baylor will be tough. But maybe i can swipe some of the 3*s that get turned don by Texas, Texas A&M, etc..

11. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

I am in the same boat, mainly 3's stars. I actually have a couple of ESPN top 150 that are interested. I believe they are both WR, which isn't a big need of mind, but I won't turn down the talent.
    And thanks Ruinic on the advice, I targeted needs and guys that were interested in me.
    I don't have the patience though to dig into each players individual attributes so I just look at their tendencies. I hope that works out.

12. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

apparently no one wants to come out to kansas. mainly low end 3's and a couple of really bad 4*'s. This will be a bad recruiting year.

13. osudds2014

osudds2014 Walk On

Colorado has three pipeline states. California, Colorado, and...Ohio? Being an Ohio boy born and bred I dont really care because we have money prospects, but I just thought that was weird

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I think we're all in the same boat this year since we're all 3 star programs except maybe Duke I think. But they will get all the nerdy kids

15. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Nerdy kids? haha. Duke is going for guys who use there head!

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

no insta-signs for Arkansas :(

17. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

The Gamecocks made a huge splash to start the season, we signed a 4 star, ESPN 150 WR.

18. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I smell something fishy! It was reported that there were a couple of agents and s. carolina boosters at that young man's home yesterday. I think the NCAA should investigate.

19. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

Haha. Hey, the coach can't help it if a few coeds took him out and showed him a good time.
    (y)

20. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

he can if the coeds are his daughters. lol

21. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

Oh man, USC must have some pretty good parties, because I just landed another 4 Star WR this week.....don't ask me how, I don't know what went on during his visit.

22. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

anyone havingany fucking luck recruiting? i can;t land a god damn kid even though i've been #1 on like 12 kid's lists all season long

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

9 guys #1, 1 Soft Chubby, 1 Hard one.............nohomo

24. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Fag

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

AGREED!