Season 1 Review

Discussion in 'The Final Countdown' started by IrishBearcat, Mar 14, 2014.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

-Cougars-
    Austin1990
    recchem2000
    Bucs
    MaxATX34
    publik drunk
    UofCWildcat
    BRUCE80
    charter04
    hornfaninbama
    Mike E

Would like EVERYONE to participate in this in a serious way. For any questions asking for you to select a player/coach/etc. do not pick your own player/coach/etc. Please and thank you.

1) ACC, Big XII, or SEC - which is the best toughest user conference?
    2) Who is your Heisman Trophy Winner?
    3) Best offense season 1, best defense?
    4) Who is your Coach of the Year?
    5) Your favorite victory and worst defeat (this can be you obviously)?
    6) Commitment you are currently most excited about?
    7) Do you have a developing rivalry?
    8) What were the best parts about tFC Season 1?
    9) What are some areas that could use some improving (problem and suggested/actionable solutions)?
    10) Anything else you would like to add before we start heading towards Season 2?

Excited to hear from everybody. :)

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Maybe bias, but Big XII was TOUGH. I wish i wasn't swamped with school, work, and a social life because I would of done a whole lot better and maybe made the case better. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. But with teams like Oklahoma (who did have a down year), Texas (unscathed until the final week), and Baylor (who was phenomenal and I needed a heroic start to beat) the Big XII was a gauntlet.
    Wish i knew more about people in the league but i don't.
    Again, maybe Bias, but i think once i got rolling with Jake Heaps, I was untouchable. With another year under my belt and a healthy amount of my guys returning including Heaps, I should dominate offensively. Defensively, I don't think a Big XII guy wins it since I ran through everyone offensively (including Texas). Defensively, I didn't play any other users outside the Big XII aside from Navy. So i have no clue.
    Texas was amazing this year so i think Max easily wins this.
    My favorite victory was my win against Baylor. That game, i was in a zone and was dominate. My worst loss(es) are the 3 Sim losses i took to TCU, then two in a row to end the year vs WVU and Kansas St. I easily could of won those games and would of been 9-3 instead of 6-6. It's very upsetting.
    We got a 5 star WR who is amazing and will do work in the slot next year. I'm gonna get him on the field as much as possible.
    Not yet but we'll see with two users looking to get revenge in Oklahoma and Baylor next season. I got them both at home and now get to go to Norman and Waco respectively. Plus i had a good one with Texas in Austin so that one will be fun.
    The user games are probably the only reason i'm still in the league. I still get that jerk of excitement from playing a game against a user. It's the best part for sure.
    9) What are some areas that could use some improving (problem and suggested/actionable solutions)?
    Nothing can fix a buggy game. We gotta live with the bullshit like 13-14 passing days for the cpu and runningbacks breaking 3+ tackles. It's either gonna be too easy or a load of cheesy CPU games.
    10) Anything else you would like to add before we start heading towards Season 2?
    Maybe research with Jello about the Playoff thing. Is there a way the make it work for ODs? That'd be neat but i doubt it could work.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I vote Big XII. Baylor took out a VERY tough Texas team, beat me by 3 and hammered OU. Every coach in that conference is a difference maker

Lache Seastrunk - Hands down the best back in the country

Offense - Virginia
    Defense - Notre Dame

IrishBearcat - took an average team and dominated.

Beating Mizzou and clinching the SEC West title was my favorite. Losing 73-71 in 4 OT to SMU was pretty damn unacceptable...

None! I am getting hammered in recruiting!

Bucs is always a good matchup, I can see BRUCE80 becoming a rival if I can consistently stay within a score or two of him :)

The Comraderie and the good coaches that are in the league

Nothing really, a bugged game is bugged! Just gonna have fun!

Looking forward to a better year recruiting, and playing Charter and Hornfan!

• Like Like x 1
  4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

-The ACC. Virginia is the best team and Notre Dame and FSU are good too.

-Virginia's Kevin Parks. 1600 yards and 35 TD's. Tough to beat those numbers.

-I only played two user teams so it's tough to say. Virginia played the best defense and offense against me.

-It has to be Austin1990. Turned a very average Virginia team into the best in the country.

-Beating Alabama on the road was big. Losing to LSU was the worst. Made me miss a bowl and made me quit for a minute because of the CPU's cheating.

-3 Star 79 overall QB Marcus Hairston. His 88 speed will come in handy.

-I guess Alabama. He is the only user I played in conference. I'm sure he will want revenge this next year. :)

-Good group and guys. It's moved alone pretty fast.

-The CPU game play but, not sure if there is a fix. Might just have to suck it up and have fun.

-Not that I can think of.

• Like Like x 1
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I don't know across the board...sorry I've been here less than a week and have play no users and 1 CPU game.

6. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Gonna go Big 12 with the ACC a close second. Big 12 cannibalized itself as far as getting to the title game and showed that any team could be beaten any week.

UVA's Kevin Parks , 35 rushing touchdowns .. damn.

Best offense I faced was Texas , potent running attack. Best defense I faced was Kansas , I dont remember exactly HOW they stifled me ,but they held me to my lowest point total so there is that.

Austin1990 , no way Virginia should be undefeated.

Favorite victory, a tie between the victories over Mike E and MaxATX34 , to beat the two big dogs in state is always a nice feather in the cap, even if it did take two last second field goals. Worst defeat was to CPU Kansas State, threw way too many interceptions and never really could get things going.

Eric Rust 5'10 226 pound athlete with a 93 break tackle and 92 stiff arm.

No true rivals yet, but im sure Texas and Oklahoma will be looking for some get back while I look to avenge losses to the kansas schools. Maybe a friendly rivalry with Mike E and TAMU.

The competitive user games. We have a strong group of guys skills wise I think.

A little more content, but that will come as we get to mold our teams more I think.

Season 1 was fun, I'm sure season 2 will surpass.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

The Big XII wins this one in my opinion, nobody could pull ahead as the favorite and they all beat up on each other.

Texas’ Gray was solid all year and has been creeping up and down the Heisman list

Just out of respect for him using it, cougars and his flex get the nod on offense. If someone’s not ready for it he will shred you. The best defense was FSU, I know Twister is gone but man my guys were outmatched at every position, I had a hard time moving the ball.

Texas was a close second, but I gotta give it to Irish. I can’t hold one tough CPU loss against him, could happen to anyone.

My favorite win was beating then #1 FSU. It put UVA on the map. And I’m undefeated although I have a very tough matchup against Notre Dame coming up that could end up being a problem for my NC hopes.

6) Commitment you are currently most’ excited about?
    4* ATH Andrew Thomas: at 6’5” with 90 SPD 91 ACC, he will make a great WR for the Cavs down the road.

I’m looking forward to my game against Irish, I think that will turn into a great rivalry

It was good to be back in a full dynasty again. The other one I’m in is great, but we only have 5 people now.

Sliders discussion is ongoing and should be looked at as a group this offseason.

Looking forward to moving forward!

• Like Like x 1
  8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Gotta go with the ACC. Austin1990 is tough. FSU was a tough game last year, plus I don't know enough about the Big XII to make any assumptions.

Johnathan Gray looks like he had an incredible year. But so did UVA's tailback. I

I only got to play FSU and Arkansas. FSU had the best offense and Charter04 had the best defense.

Gotta be Austin1990 right? UVA as ACC champs and possible national title game?

I didn't have any user wins this year, and had 2 painful defeats. 4OT to FSU on a fumble by a backup RB, and a hard fought loss to Arkansas.

Several, but Chester Ingram is my crown jewel this year. 6'3" 221, 87 speed, 86 juke, 85 elusiveness, 87 throwing power, and 82 accuracy. He's going to be excellent after a redshirt season.

Arkansas and charter04. For some reason I was really sore after that loss. Maybe because I'd fall behind, fight like crazy to get backl within striking distance, only to have him run off and hide again.

All of it. It's been nice to have a second OD, and

Nothing really. I thought everything went pretty smooth.

Roll Tide

• Like Like x 2
  9. IrishBearcat

You're good man, you've only been here about a minute

10. IrishBearcat

I'm going to go with ACC by small margin. Texas was great but lost to Baylor at the end. Baylor is a great team, but they did go 0-2 against the state of Kansas. Kansas is definitely playing above their potential, but that doesn't make them a powerhouse. Oklahoma had a tough year too. Virginia is the best team in the country, and my squad had a pretty good year. Florida State is ridiculously talented too. Navy won't be fixed overnight, but I'd challenge our top 3 user teams to stack up against any conference in the country. SEC had a great year, but definitely wasn't a top 2 conference this season.

Kevin Parks & his 35 touchdowns. Not sure how we'll stop this steamroller in the CCG.

Florida State's talent on defense is pretty scary. Can't wait to face them with recchem2000 at the helm.

You have to give it to Austin1990 after taking the Cavaliers through the ACC unscathed season one. At the pace their going they're going to the new Alabama.

Beating Florida State on the road in Tallahassee was a great game. My worst loss has to be my only loss, the gut-wrenching blemish to the Demon Deacons. Yuck!

ATH Ryan Burrell from Hawaii. He's going to be a stud on offense. It will be tempting not to redshirt him.

I think ND v FSU could be one, hard to know without having played the new Coach. ND v Navy will be great once Cougars transforms them into a contender, but I ultimately see Notre Dame and Virginia battling it out annually for the ACC crown. We'll find out this week.

Really liked our members and their ability to stick together. With the sliders, a few people working through their anger after losses, and just the unprompted contributions everyone has made with recruiting and summaries. I think our dozen will only get stronger and this has the potential to be a pretty awesome OD. So far, so good!

Sliders. People working together to fix them. :)

GO IRISH

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Big12! Just like RL ;)
    Parks
    Kansas and Baylor both had really good offenses
    Has to be Kansas!
    Favorite was win in Red River Shootout. Worst was obviously Baylor. Missed one or two user pick opportunities and gave up a bomb to setp up FG in last minute.
    My sick squadron of WRs
    OU is always a rival, but I am coming for Baylor next year.
    The fun, competition, and using Texas
    My passing ability vs. CPU lol
    Hook 'em! Case McCoy is gone, and whoever I use at QB next year will have some running ability so be prepared for that added dimension!

• Like Like x 2