Season 1 Review

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

1) Did the Season go how you expected?
    2) What were some of your most memorable moments?
    3) What would you like to forget?
    4) What do you plan to do different in Season 2?

1) I did better than I thought I would, never though I would sit in the Top Ten for the majority of it.

2) Using John Hubert was very fun. The Play Action pass vs blLL flo was great, never seen one work that well.

3) Huberts injury. The 3 game losing skid to finish the season.

4) Not much, I would like to make the passing game more of a presence on my team. I have a stable of HBs now so I won't put Hubert as much but he will still get the majority of the carries.

2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

1) I didn't know what to expect since I knew I would miss the first 5 weeks. Saying I expected to win the conference title would be a lie.

2) The win over blLL flo in the Big XII title game. A tight 10-9 battle with it going down to the wire. Also, beating Jello by as much as I did was a shock.

3) I wish I could have played the first 5 weeks. Who know how this season goes if I can beat blLL flo and iBleedOrange247 early on and go undefeated into the Tulsa game.

4) Recruit better. I had the 39th best recruiting class because I was in Europe for 5 weeks and it shows. I am excited to try for more 4 stars and maybe a 5 star or two this season.

3. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

1 . So-so, I figured I would have a winning season, just not 8-5. I was expecting a 9-4 or 10-3 season.
    2. Beating Masler on the road on a late fourth quarter TD.
    3. Week 1. Notre Dame 73-14. They cheesed, nuff said
    4. Not play Notre Dame, recruit a bit different, and try for a conference championship game.

4. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Much better finished 11-3 with an ACC Champ
    Crazy win vs GT. Also comebacks vs FSU and NCSU
    Two loses one to BSU and Clemson
    Read option and running the ball

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The season went much better than I expected. I never imagined that I'd end up as the highest ranked user team. I couldn't have asked for more.

Obviously the 5 OT thriller against aarondramp is the most memorable. Winning that game was just icing on the cake as participating in it alone was a thrill.
    The other thing was ending up with the #1 user recruiting class. That was a total shock.

Nothing to be honest. This was an incredible 1st season in Dallas and I hope for many more like it.

Last year I had 1 running QB so I had to use him sparingly for fear of injury. I busted my ass recruiting a bunch of running QBs and now I have some decent depth there so I can use more of my playbook than I could in 2012. My #1 recruiting priority this year is on the defensive side of the ball as my current D sucks balls.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

1) Honestly i think i GREATLY surpassed all of my wildest expectations. Being 4 points from a Big XII North Division Crown is a great starting point in Provo. Being a 5 star is just the cherry on top that i needed to make this season perfect.
    2) Definitely my game against Darkwing That win was the biggest turning point to my season. Being more than a field goal was very trying but getting a pick six and housing that shit was a good way to set the foundation for what my dominating defense became.
    3) A certain QB Sneak against blLL flo It still haunts me in all my games when a team is inside the 2 :(
    4) I plan to be WAY more aggressive in my recruiting while i have a slight advantage. I need to get this team on the up and up before everyone else catches up to a 5 star

7. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

1) Did the Season go how you expected?Our season went much better than expected. After being blessed with talent at UGA, the first look at my roster had me worried. QB Nick Florence had a great SR year and really led the team. I thought I'd be able to run the ball better with Seastrunk but our offensive line left something to be desired.
    A big comeback against UofCWildcat where we trailed the entire game until going for the win on 4th and goal. I also had many close games against the CPU including a last second FG win against Texas, OT win vs OK State, final minute TD against Texas Tech. It was an exciting season in Waco.
    The Big12 championship loss to niuhuskie224 where an early INT doomed me along with a failed opportunity with 1st and goal from the 5 in the 2nd half.
    Start a FR(RS) at QB who is faster and more athletic than Florence, so hopefully the run game with be stronger with Seastrunk really hitting the weight room in the offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  8. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Not quite. I probably would have imagined 3 or 4 losses but didn't plan on losing to the computer twice.

Well I made the ACC Championship game, so I've got that going for me. Unfortunately, my most memorable moments were all losses. I will remember the epic game with jello1717 that took 5 OT's. I will remember the ACC Championship game with LSUTRUTH that I lost despite being up 14. And I will remember a horrible loss to Pitt where their QB broke more tackles on one play than my team did all game.

I would like to forgot the ACC Championship game and the Pitt loss. The 5 OT game was so great that I don't want to forget it even though it was a loss.

I plan on getting a 5th star, we'll see how that goes, though.

9. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On