Season 1 Schedules Finalized - Season kickoff

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by Drifterbub, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    All,

Season 1 schedules have been finalized and will be posted tonight. Season 1 of the TFCL will kick off Monday.

I separated the games by weeks. We are only going to play a week at a time. The reason being is that I want to spread this out, allow for teams to progress and the league to form from season to season. If we blitz through 5 matches in a night, we also may reach a point where we are waiting on 1 club to play 6 matches before we end a season and move to the next. We are going to have to feel out a pace. Right now, I'm expecting the deadline for week 1 games to be Friday 4/5/13.

Also, I will not release the next week's schedule until I have all the results submitted to me for the previous week (including results of all three matches with stats).

We are still working on the stats portion and should have something worked out tonight.

Captains, I need you to make sure your team is aware of everything before we get started.

Kasper
    hammerhead1010
    Jon MK
    Michael Woodward
    PIG BOMB
    abolishthefed
    Timpegoose

2. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Two things. Can we make it mandatory that shooting can't be on full assist since it's way too easy? Second, we have a player who hasn't responded to any of our posts about playing friendlies or being on the team or anything......It doesn't really seem as if he's interested in playing. Should we take him off the team or just leave him on and assume he'll never show (in case he actually does)?

• Like Like x 2
  3. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Ditto on both

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    1) If all the captains agree to not use full assist then I'm okay with it. I've never really messed with full assist. This is really hard to police, so it would fall under the TSO honor system.

2) Inactivity will be defined later. Until then all players will remain rostered.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

What say you other captains?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Can we make some more threads to help teams schedule practices & whatnot ? Feels kinda cluttered to have one thread per team with every post in it.

7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I would be in favor of this.

I would also be in favor of this. We'll be working toward getting everything a lot more organized as we go.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm fine with things not in full assist, I will try to remember to notify my team.

I'm more concerned with tactics then I am new guys using full assisted- I'm worried guys are gong to be playing with stuff set to attacking and teams just generally playing way up the pitch.

9. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Barcelona uses the tactic of pressing far up the field with great success.
    I actually think the attacking or ultra attacking settings make the game play more realistic.
    Otherwise teams get way too spread out from back to front.
    Most professional teams play much more compact (especially when they transition to defense) than what the game does on regular or defensive settings.
    Only shitty pro teams let the other team win the ball in the defensive 3rd then dance through the middle third with little or no pressure and just knock it around.

I'll tell TSO United no full assist shooting as well.

10. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I guess I don't understand this... I don't see anything wrong with a high pressure attack. If a team plays way up the pitch they can be exposed in other areas. This isn't Madden, you can really exploit different things if you are patient. The virtual pitch is large enough to take the pressure off with good passing and an organized defense/midfield.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Right but from what I have watched in EPL games there aren't forwards and midfielders constantly sprinting at defenders.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I know not everyone will agree with me, that's fine.

13. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

yes and no would be my answer to that

the reason they don't press all the time is because the players are highly skilled and can keep the ball under pressure
    - the teams are also good a pressing for certain periods of the game and conserve some energy

our clubs is more like youth soccer where not everyone is highly skilled and people lose the ball quite a bit when put under pressure
    - even the U20 national team games look much more frantic than the senior men for this reason

so i understand hoping people don't press all the time because it's not quite realistic but on the other hand
    we should be allowed to punish bad players/teams and take advantage of them

if you wanted to say no ultra attacking or ultra defending unless you are behind or ahead in the second half respectively i could probably get behind that as a compromise
    but im also okay with letting teams do what they want

14. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

where's the schedule at?

15. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I think you're missing the point. I think he's saying it shouldn't be a full game like lobby play where people are just holding the sprint button and running at every guy with the ball. Yes Barcelona presses and wins it back fast because they have great players but then they conserve energy by passing it around for 15 minutes. In this game, most people sprint around and do that and when they win the ball, they sprint down the field and try to score immediately and they don't get tired and basically kill themselves in the game like a team would in real life if they were doing that. Forwards don't sprint at defenders all the time because they would be too exhausted to make runs and score when it was needed if they did do that. Forwards aren't usually known for their stamina. If you're near a defender who is dicking around with the ball, sure, charge him. But if you're 20 yards away and start charging and he passes to another guy 15 yards to the side and you turn and charge him and he passes to another guy 15 yards away and you charge him, that's bull and not realistic.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I would be okay with a high pressure attack if fatigue drained a little faster than it does. Teams that spring the whole game at defenders get really tired really fast.

Schedule coming in a few.

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Okay a few final thoughts before we kick off.

1) Schedules for the season have been published. Week 1 is now open.

2) Each match consists of three games. So for example, this week Dinamo Tradicija will play @ SV Tradition three times. All results of the games are recorded. Play all three games back-to-back-to-back. Do not break the games up.

3) Match results (all three games) shall be posted in the results forum by the winning team.

4) Game write-ups are encouraged. It doesn't take much to described what happened. We aren't going to move incredibly fast, so there is time to let the rest of the league know what went down!

5) Attackers cannot be on full assisted settings.

6) Keep the high pressure defense out of your attacking third of the pitch. There shouldn't be 5 pros running around the opposing goalie and defenders every time they have the ball on their back line. Let's keep the play clean.

7) Shit talking is frowned upon. This isn't an adult softball league. If you act like a douche I will throw you out in a heartbeat. At the same time, butthurt will also not be tolerated. Standard TSO rules apply. If you have a problem with something that went down in the league, grab video evidence and contact myself, Timpegoose or MoonBBad and we will deal with it accordingly.

8) Refer to the rules thread for other details.

PIG BOMB
    Jon MK
    Michael Woodward
    Kasper
    abolishthefed
    hammerhead1010

• Like Like x 7