Season 1 Scores and Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by makinpropel, Jul 14, 2012.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Hey guys, lets try to at the very least put up some summaries for the user games. Put any summaries here

2. derek

derek Walk On

Kentucky/Iowa State:
    Seemed like Kentucky was gonna blow out Iowa St. being up 17-0 in the 3rd qtr but Iowa St. managed a couple td's late in the 3rd and late in the 4th. Larod King did catch for 168s on 8 receptions and a td. The Heisman voters should be keeping an eye on King as he is the prototypical wr at 6'4" 194 lbs.

3. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

Umass 17, Colorado 10

defensive struggle all the way through. Game was tied 3-3 through 3. Colorado had a few more chances to score throughout the game including throwing a pick(one of 3) in the endzone after a 5 minute 3rd quarter drive. Mass scored to go up 10-3 with 2:20 let in the game. colorado responded with a td of there on with 18 seconds left. with colorado all but assured of overtime, Umass had other ideas. After a 20 yard scramble to there 44 with 12 seconds left, Mass went deep and scored the game winning td from 56 yards out with 3 seconds left. Great game man, and looking forward to more matchups.

colorado

Hirschman 19 of 27 202 yards 1 td 3 interceptions
    Jones 11 rushes 34 yards
    Canty 6 catches 74 yards
    Richardson 4 catches 51 yards
    Fernandez 3 catches 17 yards 1 td

Umass

Pagel 10 of 15 152 yards 1 td 1 interception
    Cox 10 rushes 94 yards 1 td
    Danska 4 catches 35 yards
    Michel 2 catches 65 yards 1 td​

• Like Like x 3
  4. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Kansas 24, Tulsa 3

Tulsa traveled into Lawrence to face the Kansas Jayhawks. Coming off of a recent win versus Texas State, Kansas was looking to continue their momentum. That dream turned into a nightmare early as Kansas forced Tulsa to a 3 and out but lost senior Dayne Crist for the game on their first offensive play of the game to a concussion which is exactly what sidelined him for half of KU's win over Texas State. However, Michael Cummings came in and didn't miss a beat. He drove KU down the field...KU came to a crossroads as they were just on the edge of kicker Alex Mueller's range on 4th and 1. They decided to roll the dice but Tulsa's coach Steven Foster had it played perfectly and shut running back James Sims down before he could go anywhere to force the turnover on downs. Coach Foster couldn't produce the same kind of fire on offense though and was lucky to not be intercepted on numerous occasions as Kansas' defensive backs had hands of rocks early on. Still, the Jayhawks stopped Tulsa's offense. Finally, in the 2nd quarter, Michael Cummings hit runningback Brandon Bourbon over the middle after a well executed run fake...Bourbon took it the 26 yards to the end zone. Tulsa tried to use what little time was left in the half to tie the game before half but quarterback Cody Green failed to read the max zone and threw it straight to Kansas' defensive end Keba Agonstinho who managed to catch it. A few plays later, James Sims took the misdirection handoff around Tulsa's left side and ran 35 yards for the TD to add to Tulsa's second quarter misery. It wasn't over there, Tulsa was again picked off with less than a minute.....Michael Cummings marched the Jayhawks down the field but they ran out of clock as they reached the red zone luckily for Tulsa. At the half, it was 14-0 for the home team.

Kansas received the 2nd half kick but failed to get their offense moving, going 3 and out. The teams traded the ball back and forth until the fourth quarter when Michael Cummings threw to tight end Jimmy Mundine at the line of scrimmage. The ball was high but Mundine got up and caught it while getting hit.......Not only did the hit not knock the ball loose, but the hit didn't even knock Mundine down....He regained his balance and ran down to the 1. After a loss on the next play, Brandon Bourbon capped a 5 yard counter out of the wildcat off with a TD. Kansas 21, Tulsa 0. Tulsa tried to score just to keep from getting blanked....However, Cody Green again threw an interception. Kansas drove down and ended up kicking a 25 yard field goal. Kansas 24, Tulsa 0. Tulsa again ran the hurry up and tried scoring just to keep from getting blanked and this time, they were successful. Tulsa worked their way into the red zone and after back to back losses, on 4th and long, kicked a 36 yard field goal with 3 seconds remaining on the clock. Kansas 24, Tulsa 0.

Kansas

Michael Cummings 13 of 15 157 yards 1 TD 0 INTs, 10 yards rushing
    James Sims 8 carries 57 yards 1 TD. 4 catches 58 yards (left in the 3rd with an injury)
    Brandon Bourbon 3 carries 38 yards 1 TD, 1 catch 26 yards TD
    Jimmy Mundine 4 catches 55 yards
    Keba Agonstinho 3 tackles 2 solo 2 tackles for loss 1 sack 1 INT

Tulsa

Cody Green 12 of 25 141 yards 0 TD 3 INT 5 sacks
    Trey Watts 4 carries 2 yards
    Ricky Johnson 4 catches 36 yards 0 TDs
    Deaundre Brown 7 tackles 3 solo 3 tackles for loss 2 sacks

• Like Like x 1
  5. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

So aim high when you hit Dayne Christ

6. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Pretty much.....Or aim for his vagina.

7. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

Not only did i lose on a last second td, but i also lost my starting corner for 4 weeks due to a sprained elbow. Not a good first game for the buffaloes.

8. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I'd like to know how you guys beat top 10 teams, I was struggling against UTEP!

Their QB hit me up for something like 375 yards threw the air. I threw two picks to start the game which led to 10 points for them which didn't help either. I ended up winning by two after holding off a late game rally by UTEP.

9. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Wisconsin 51
    Oregon St 28

I came into the game a little worried about the dirty, dirty things that Montee Ball was going to do to my defense. As it turns out, It was Danny O’Brien that I should have been worried about. O’Brien threw for 5 TD’s and averaged 28.8 yards per completion. The Beavers managed to keep things close until the 3rd quarter when we committed turnovers on 3 straight possessions. We get a chance to lick our wounds thanks to a week 4 bye. Week 5 Oregon State looks to get back on track with a road game at UCLA.

10. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Indiana steals one from the Buffaloes in the 4th QTR

Indiana coaches couldn't hide their excitement of a comeback win, even though they were thoroughly outplayed. The Hoosiers head coach said of the win "I probably shouldn't be this happy, considering we just got taken to school in most facets of the game, but a win is a win baby!"

The game started slowly, with both teams taking turns getting a couple first downs followed by a punt. After the first quarter there were still goose eggs on the scoreboard. Colorado was on the run though, having marched down into the redzone. The drive would end though on a Nick Hirschman thrown interception, almost a foreshadowing of events to come. After Indiana repeatedly got tackled in the backfield and punted away, the Buffaloes traveled down the field yet again, this time converting on a Tony Jones 5 yard run. 7-0 Buffaloes. After a punt from Indiana, and another Hirschman interception, that was also the halftime score.

In the third quarter, Colorado flexed its muscles. Methodically running down the field behind great gaps provided by the line, and pinpoint throws, Colorado put another one in the endzone after a 4:00 drive. 14-0 Colorado. The Hoosiers' stagnant offense again showed their weaknesses, again punting to the Buffaloes. It looked like Colorado would probably be able to have a long drive, and put the game out of reach of the measly Hoosiers. The Defense stepped up though, and after a 3rd and 17 Buffalo drop, Indiana got the ball back with under 5 minutes left in the 4th, down by 15.

After an errant throw by Sophomore QB Tre Roberson, the Hoosiers decided to go to the Freshman Nate Sudfield. Sudfield only took 3 snaps to get the Hoosiers offense some momentum, scoring from 10 yards out on a beautiful touch pass in the corner to Cody Latimer. 14-7 Colorado. Colorado looked to try a second time to put the nail in the coffin, but after two unsuccessful running plays Hirschman found another Hoosier defender for his third interception of the game. Sudfield ran his offense out again. Very early into the drive, Sudfield took a snap, saw no one open to the left, and then the Colorado LE came right at him. Sudfield ducked under the LE, stepped up into the pocket, and threw a strike to a wide open Duwyce Wilson who was running across the middle of the field. Wilson ran the ball in to tie the game at 14.

Colorado now came out with a new sense of urgency since they were now surprisingly tied. After a couple completions, Hirschman threw his fourth interception of the day, this one to linebacker Ishmael Thomas who took the ball back 74 yards for a Hoosier touchdown and new lead. 21-14. Only 43 seconds left.

Colorado did not quit though, and they drove the ball all the way down inside the twenty yard line in under 25 seconds. Hirschman found a Buffalo streaking across the middle and connected with him beautifully. Safety Mark Murphy stepped up though and leveled the receiver, causing him to fumble, and Thomas picked up the ball to seal the victory. 3 turnovers in the final minutes really hurt the Buffaloes. The Hoosiers would win 21-14

Obviously the biggest story of the game was the 3 touchdowns in the final 4 minutes of the 4th QTR by Indiana, but so was the 5 turnovers by Colorado, compared to 0 by the Hoosiers. Colorado actually had over 150 yards more total offense than Indiana, but they could never put the game away when they had a chance. Colorado will now host derek 's Kentucky Wildcats, and Indiana will have two byes in a row before traveling to play moneyliesey and Northwestern. Great game tar heel , look forward to playing again.

Indiana Stats:
    Roberson: 9/14 44 yards, 6 Carries for -12 yards
    Sudfield: 3/3 60 yards 1 TD
    Stephen Houston: 10 carries 33 yards
    Ishmael Thomas: 6 tackles, 1 INT, 1 Fumble Recovery, 1 Defensive TD

Colorado Stats:
    Hirschman: 13/20 204 yards, 4 INTS
    Jones: 18 Carries, 78 yards, 1 TD
    Paul Richardson: 5 Catches, 66 yards

• Like Like x 3
  11. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I would strongly recommend you guys watching the highlights of the 4th quarter on the dynasty wire.

12. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

I just watched the highlights. I would have broken a controller if I were the Colorado coach on that fumble. I know thats how things sometime happen but dang thats frustrating.

13. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Northwestern @ Ole Miss

Overtime thriller!!!

1st Quarter:

Ole Miss comes out strong and caps a great drive with a 35 yard highlight reel run. 7 - 0 Ole Miss
    After stopping Northwestern quickly, Ole Miss throws a pick! Northwestern answers quickly with a 28 yard pass of their own. 7-7 Tie

2nd Quarter:

Ole Miss goes to Moncrief for an 11 yard TD. 14-7 Ole Miss
    Northwestern answers with a 36 yard FG. 14-10 Ole Miss
    Ole Miss caps a long drive with a 49 yarder of their own. 17-10 Ole Miss
    The pesky Cats refuse to go away and score a 1 yard TD with 0:31 seconds left in the half. 17-17 tie.
    Ole Miss couldn't get anything going and has to punt, but they pin Northwestern at the 1 and soon force a safety! 19-17 Ole Miss at the half

3rd Quarter:

Quick quarter with only an amazing 56 yard FG by Northwestern! 20-19 Northwestern

4th Quarter:

After another Ole Miss INT, Northwestern is held to a FG. 23-19 Northwestern
    Northwestern looks to seal the game after a long drive ends in a 24 yard TD run! Ole Miss looks defeated on the sidelines. 30-19 Northwestern (2:35 left in the game)
    Ole Miss' QB gets knocked out! Is the game over? Not so fast, the backup leads them down the field and they score on a 20 yard TD pass! Failed 2 Pt conversion. 30-25 Northwestern
    After an onside kick goes one yard off the tie, Northwestern gets the ball back, melts some time and kicks a 53 yard FG. 33-25 Northwestern (0:34 left in the game)
    Ole Miss drives down the field and scores on a 14 yard TD pass with 0:15 left, and the 2 point conversion is good! 33 Tie going into OT!!!

Overtime:

Northwestern throws a pick on third down, Ole Miss can win the game with a FG!
    Second play of the OT, Ole Miss' running back fumbles the ball! There's a mad scramble for the loose ball! Ole Miss recovers!
    Ole Miss kicks an iced FG of 37 yards, Ole Miss wins! 36-33 Ole Miss Final in Overtime

• Like Like x 2
  14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I like the enthusiasm haha....I can hear the commentators: OLE MISS WINS! OLE MISS WINS! OLE MISS WINS!

15. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

I can too... :(

16. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

By far the best game I've played in this years edition. I hope all the user dynasty games could be half as fun as this one. I really did feel like I was defeated down 11 with 2:35 left to play. Then again after the score was 33-25 with 34 seconds left. The fans would have stormed the field but we threatened them with massive amounts of pepper spray!

17. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

You can never have enough pepper spray.....that's what I always say at least.

18. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

[​IMG]

Man up.

19. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

It is funny, because the dynasty wire story says Northwestern won, but the actual report in dynasty home says Ole Miss won.

20. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Southern Miss Survives Scare at Baylor

Southern Miss learns a valuable lesson while visiting Baylor. After leading 34-7 with just a little under 5 minutes left in the 3rd coach QB decides to call off the dogs thinking that all the fight had been taken out of Baylor. He couldnt have been more wrong. In what ended up being a 37-35 final Coach QB had forgotten the competitive nature of this league and nobody gives up.

The game started out fast for the Golden Eagles while on the first drive they go straight now the field and open up with 3 points. Then they hold on defense and force Baylor to punt on which they answer with a TD drive with just 7 seconds left on the clock. After the punt the USM defense comes up big on a 6 point pic 6 that leads to a 17-0 lead at the end of the 1st.

To start the 2nd Baylor starts to hit is stride and puts together a nice drive themselves that capped off with a 37 yard TD pass to Norwood. Then the Golden Eagles went back to work with a nice drive that ended with a 13 yard TD run from RB D Johnson for a 24-7 lead. After another giveaway by Baylors QB USM kicks a field goal to end the half with a 27-7 lead.

To open the 3rd quarter USM's defense once again holds strong and forces a punt. First pay from scrimage after the punt see's D Johnson knock out a 72 yard TD run to go up 34-7. After the kickoff the struggling Baylor QB throws another pic deep inside his own territory. This is where coach QB decided enough was enough. Running 3 run plays and missing a field goal the Baylor offense took over.

QB N Florence must have hit the smelling salt because it was at this point that he came alive. Putting together a barage of passes and leading his Golden Bears all the way back to a 2 point miracle come back. But after not being able to recover a on side kick the Golden Eagles sneak out with a win.

Coach QB was just too stubborn to change his ways and just kept trying to run the ball and abandoning what was a very effective passing game in the first half. But a win is a win and USM will take them any way they can get them at this point in the season.

Stats
    USM
    QB A Favors spread the ball out to 6 receivers going 10-14 115 yards with 1 TD and 0 pics.
    RB D Johnson carried the ball 23 time for 220 yards 2 TDs. Another outstanding game for him.

Baylor
    QB N Florence went 15-33 with 5 TD's and 4 Pics.
    WR L Norwood caught 5 passes for 201 yards and 3 TD's. Outstanding game for this young WR.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. CamInMyMind1350

CamInMyMind1350 Walk On

Maybe Florence should of took some Bath Salts instead. But with that multi-game contract both teams agreed to, Baylor will be making a road trip to Hattiesberg next year...

22. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

Game froze.. 4th quarter.. Game tied 6 to 6.. I just got in field goal range.. And the game froze.. I walked away.. A little tear came out..

23. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

See....Calipari cheater

• Like Like x 1
  24. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

the game froze and i'm the cheater.. How does that work?

25. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

You hit the freeze switch because you were losing 105-2

• Like Like x 1