Season 1 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Drifterbub, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Post them up

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

WEEK 1: CUSE VS PSU (NEUTRAL SITE)

THIS GAME WAS VERY BAD FOR THE OFFENSE...WE THREW 7 INTS :( IF IT WASN'T FOR THE DEFENSE HOLDING PSU TO 9 POINTS WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN BLOWN OUT.

OFFENSE: QB DREW ALLEN THREW 7 INTS, BUT WHEN HE WASN'T THROWING INTS...HE LOOKED GOOD OUT THERE...THROWING FOR 249 YDS. RB JEROME SMITH HAD A GOOD WITH 22 CARRIES FOR 121 YDS. WR JEREMIAH KOBENA 8 CATCHES FOR 127 YDS. WR JARROD WEST HAD 3 CATCHES FOR 57 YDS & A TD.

DEFENSE: WHAT CAN I SAY...THEY PLAYED GREAT. THEY HELD PSU TO UNDER 50 YDS RUSHING & CAME AWAY WITH 4 SACKS. LED BY SR MLB MARQUIS SPRUILL WHO HAD 9 TACKLES & 1 SACK.

FINAL SCORE:

[​IMG] Syracuse 0 3 0 3 10 16
    [​IMG] Penn State 0 3 0 3 3 9

WEEK 2: BYE

WEEK 3: BALL STATE @ SYRACUSE.......QB DREW ALLEN WILL BE ON A VERY SHORT LEASH FOR THIS GAME....HE WILL NOT PUT THE DEFENSE IN THIS SITUATION AGAIN.

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Indiana - 35
    Fresno - 20

IU was led by Stephen Houston and Tre Roberson to a really solid win against a decent Fresno team. Fresno's QB Derek Carr was fantastic, and he really only threw four incompletions, luckily his Wrs dropped a few key third down conversions.

IU will face Navy next week and look to go 2-0.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]28
    [​IMG]24

Wildcats Edge Bears in Waco

[​IMG]
    Coach Peench got his coaching career at Northwestern off to a good start

Senior Quarterback Kain Colter led an impressive come from behind victory Saturday, as Northwestern downed a talented Bears team in hostile territory. The game started off very smoothly for Northwestern, as they stopped the Baylor offense and went right down the field to grab a 7-0 lead. Baylor would answer almost immediately, as star running back Lache Seastrunk broke off a 20 yard run to knot things up at 7.

[​IMG]
    Kain Colter connects with Christian Jones in the back of the endzone.

The 2nd quarter saw more offensive action, as Northwestern put up another two scores on a Venric Mark touchdown run and 2 yard TD pass from QB Kain Colter. Baylor added just a FG in the 2nd, but had the better of the Wildcats in the 3rd, blanking them 7-0 to shrink the Northwestern lead to 21-17.

Baylor continued it's offensive ways in the 4th, utilizing the 5 wide, no huddle to march right down the field to grab a 24-21 lead. After Northwestern's next drive stalled, things were starting to look bleak for the Wildcats. After getting a critical stop on 3rd down just outside of field goal range, the Northwestern offense took the field with 2 minutes left to win. With that, Kain Colter eingineered an impressive, balanced drive that was capped off with a 3 yard TD run by Venric Mark with just 11 seconds remaining. Northwestern wins a tight one!

Kain Colter: 19-28 174 yards 2 TDs 1 INT, 17 carried 121 yards
    HB Venric Mark: 13 carries for 94 yards and 2 TDs

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    North Carolina - 17
    Texas Tech - 10

In what was expected to be a #GunsUp pass fest both offenses struggled as the game became a mud bowl. The rain left sloppy puddles on the playing surface and neither quarterback could get a good rhythm going. Texas Tech stuck to it's gun and threw the ball repeatedly, but three passes into the end zone ended up in the hands of Tarheel defenders (two by Jabari Price). In the fourth quarter, NC quarterback Bryn Renner marshalled a drive punctuated by a A.J. Blue touchdown run.

Blue was the MVP for the Tarheels, rushing north of 120 yards on the game.

Next week UNC has a bye week, followed by a much anticipated matchup with West Virgina.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Georgia Tech - 19
    Arkansas State - 7

20130713164230.png

The Yellow Jackets didn't get the season started off the way they wanted to. Although they escaped week 1 with a victory, it didn't come the way they expected. Coach Drifter's offense was ineffective for most of the games with only small blips of well executed plays, however this was not enough to keep Georgia Tech's offense on the field and chew up the clock.

Arkansas State QB Phil Knighten carried the offense and provided a feast or famine performance including a 24 yard scamper for their only TD on the day.

2f3ro.gif

Afterwards Coach Drifter had a few words with his defensive coordinator in what team officials were describing as a 'heated coaching conversation.'

DC shame.png

Georgia Tech has a lot to work on if they want to be a contender in the ACC.

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

W1 - Colorado- Scoring.JPG W1 - Colorado- Plyr Stats.JPG

Rutgers starts off the season on the right foot. Nova had a great game passing despite a few ill advised ints. WR Coleman is a stud, I could throw to him almost every play as he is always open and catches anything thrown at him.

I struggled running the ball, but still had over 100 yards rushing due to sheer determination and attempts.

The only reason this game was so easy for us was the total ineptitude of the Colorado offense. They couldn't run, and QB Dillon was terribly inaccurate going 12/31. He would constantly throw the ball in the dirt, out of bounds, or in the middle of nowhere.

8. I Peench

Yikes, don't like seeing that. Maybe tick CPU run ability down 5 and bump their CPU acc up 5? We can wait for a bigger sample size, but it seems like CPU QBs were struggling more than they probably should be.

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

The Colorado QB was absolutely awful. On the other hand, mine was very accurate.

10. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I've also seen in my game the CPU QB just throwing ball away without any pressure.....sometime as soon as they hike the ball...weird.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

ILL 31
    AF 6

Well the game went as expected with scheelhaase tearing up a terrible defense for yds at a time. Evan Wilson came out strong and finding ways to get open to bail out NS. Donovan Young ran for a hard 77 yds and kept the defense in check.

[​IMG]

Slider feedback---i got 4 sacks on AF last drive and all were very long coverage sacks. besides that last drive my Defense was getting no where near the qb rushing 6-7 guys..

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

[​IMG]22-20[​IMG]
    VIRGINIA'S DEFENSE ENOUGH TO HOLD OFF PITT IN THE INAUGURAL DEUCES WILD GAME
    UVA_Pitt.png

This game couldn't have started off any worse for Pitt QB Tom Savage. He came out and threw interceptions deep in his own territory on his first two dropbacks, and two of the first three plays from scrimmage. After that he would settle in and have a nice game, but the initial hole was just a little bit too much to dig out of. The Virginia defense wasn't able to do much in terms of scoring, kicking 5 field goals on the day (is anybody really surprised?) After hopping out to an early 13-0 lead, Pitt and Savage would fight back, scoring late in the 2nd quarter to cut the lead to 6 with 1:23 left in the half. Virginia would put together a couple of plays and burn their timeouts to kick a 24 yard field goal as time expired in the half and extend the lead to 2 scores. On the first drive of the 2nd half, Frye would kick yet another field goal, this time from 36 out to make it 19-7 in favor of the Cavaliers. Savage would again march the Panthers down the field, throwing his 2nd TD pass of the day, this time a 7 yarder to WR Boyd. Another UVA possession would end in a field goal to stretch the game back out to 8 points, but Savage would go to work again. Leading the Panthers down the field before connecting with Boyd again for a 50 yard TD pass (JR's got some pretty sick pictures of it on the wire, made my CB look foolish). Down 8 Pitt would have to go for 2, and Savage tried to complete a slant across the middle, but the UVA MLB Coley would knock the ball down about as nonchalantly as possible to preserve the lead. The ensuing onside kick failed, and the Cavaliers start the season on the right foot with a win in the first ever Deuces Wild kickoff game.

Hell of a game JrRawlins

Players of the Game
    UVA K Ian Frye - 5/5 long of 42
    PITT WR Tyler Boyd - 5 Rec 94 Yards 2 TD

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]31
    [​IMG]28

[​IMG]

Yeap, it happened... lost to the Lobos....... another 3 turnover game for Savage..... his leash is shortening quickly.....
    FIRST QUARTER

[​IMG] Andrew Aho TE #89 46 yard TD from Cole Gautsche QB #8 (Jestus Adams K #98 kick)

SECOND QUARTER

[​IMG] Cole Gautsche QB #8 28 yard TD (Jestus Adams K #98 kick)
    [​IMG] Kasey Carrier HB #5 30 yard TD (Jestus Adams K #98 kick)
    [​IMG] Devin Street WR #15 12 yard TD from Tom Savage QB #18 (Drake Greer K #48 kick)

THIRD QUARTER

[​IMG] Jhurell Presley HB #6 20 yard TD (Jestus Adams K #98 kick)
    [​IMG] Devin Street WR #15 13 yard TD from Tom Savage QB #18 (Drake Greer K #48 kick)
    [​IMG] Isaac Bennett HB #34 2 yard TD (Drake Greer K #48 kick)

FOURTH QUARTER

[​IMG] Jestus Adams K #98 21 yard FG
    [​IMG] Brendon Felder WR #81 10 yard TD from Tom Savage QB #18 (Drake Greer K #48 kick)

Dug ourselves a big ass hole only to come roaring back again but run out of time again... hopefully this doesnt become a recurring theme this year... New Mexico racked up over 300 yards rushing..... Savage threw for 323 yards with 3 tds and those 3 early ints....... Devin Street had a big game going for 100 yards and 2 scores...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Just bench Savage for the first 10 plays of each game and you're golden. Apparently he forgets to stretch pre-game or something... He's been good in both 2nd halves so far it looks like.

16. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

he was on fire in the second against new mexico... i felt like i just ran out of time..... the guys in the party chat who were listening to me play were laughing their ass off..... i was way to animated to be playing new mexico...

17. Bondzai

FUCK LOGAN THOMAS!

18. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Lol I was there for the first half or so. I can only imagine once the comeback started happening. I expect a lot of "Fuck yeah Boyd!"'s

19. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]8-23[​IMG]

The Coach Rockwell era in NC State would open with a solid performance, highlighted by excellent defense and a fast past speedy offense. QB Brandon Mitchell was named the opening day starter due to his performance in practice, and was very solid in his limited action. Unfortunately he would suffer broken ribs early in the 3rd quarter and would be unable to return. The Pistol based offense of the Wolfpack kept the Bulldogs off balance all day with numerous big plays. Unfortunately for the Wolfpack, once in the red zone, they were unable to score TDs and instead had to settle for 3 FGs.

Mitchell was spectacular on the day, going 8/12 for 120 yards and a TD. He also scored on the ground with 1 TD and 79 yards on 11 carries. Shadrach Thornton played well with 52 yards on 10 carries. The NC State defense totally dominated, and if not for several long kick returns, would have had the shutout. On the day Louisiana Tech only gained 194 total yards with 3 INT and 3 sacks. "We played well," said Coach Rockwell. "Red Zone offense has to improve for us to really compete and this will be our focus in practice. We also need to tighten up our kickoff coverage, but overall, the kids played well."

[​IMG] 0-28 [​IMG]

After the injury to Brandon Mitchell in week 1, the coaching staff was not sure whether QB Jacoby Brissett was ready for the job, so they turned to QB Pete Thomas. Thomas had finished up the game versus LTU and showed some promise. In his first drive of the game, the questions were answered. "Thomas' head wasn't in the game today," said Coach Rockwell. "The fans have clamored for Brissett since he transferred from Florida. That first drive, Pete looked lost. We decided to pull him for the next series. There was no looking back."

The Wolfpack looked exceptional in their second game. All 3 phases were clicking, but the spark across the entire team came from Brissett. He could seemingly do it all. Through the air? 14/17 for 231 yards and a TD. On the ground? 12 carries for 92 yards. "Shit man," said Brissett."That's what I do. Ain't no bullshit in my game fellas. Florida done messed up, and this team is mine now." The Monarchs had no answer for Brissett, but the bulk of the work went to HB Shadrach Thornton. After only carrying the ball 10 times in week 1, we wanted to see what sort of pounding he could take. He was bruising in the ground game, with 22 carries for 68 yards and 3 TD. The defense once again came to play, and added 3 more sacks and an INT on the season.

Up next for the Wolfpack? Their biggest test so far, and their ACC opener. Virginia Tech.

20. I Peench

[​IMG]

[​IMG]45
    [​IMG]10

Wildcats Thrash Army, Improve to 2-0
    [​IMG]
    QB Kain Colter and the Cats had much to celebrate Saturday

Kain Colter and HB Venric Mark combined for over 250 yards on the ground, as Northwestern defeated Army with ease. Colter also added 147 yards through the air and 2 touchdowns before being replaced by backup Trevor Simien towards the end of the second quarter. Backup HB Mark Trumpy added another 70 yards on the ground, while ten different players contributed as pass catchers for the 'Cats. Defensively, Deonte Gibson led the charge with two sacks, as the unit itself only surrendered 183 yards of total offense.

Next up for the Wildcats is an upstart Indiana squad coached by lawdog.

21. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

[​IMG] 16 - 23 [​IMG]
    WatfordTD.png
    VIRGINIA SQUEAKS OUT WIN AFTER CONTROVERSIAL TD CALL
    The picture above says it all. Did Sophomore QB David Watford get into the end zone on what was a go ahead touchdown late in the 3rd quarter. The officials seemed confident as the play did not go to a review, but FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher was livid on the sideline following the play. The Cavaliers got off to a rough start to the game, managing only 2 first downs in the first half to the Seminoles 8, but a pick 6 by linebacker DaQuan Romero and a lot of bending (without breaking) from the defense gave us the 7-6 lead going into halftime. FSU QB David Winston really struggled for much of the first half, and was at one point 1/8 before going on a string of 7 straight completions sometime in the 3rd.
    Coming out in the second half the FSU offense really started to move the ball well, but again the Cavalier defense held strong at the goal line and forced a 2nd 20 yard field goal from Roberto Aguayo who was now 2/4 on the day and 1/3 from beyond 50. Then late in the 3rd we were finally able to get some offense going, and Watford took an option play left, managed to outrun the defenders after the linebacker played the pitch to re-gain the lead. The 2 point conversion would fail, leaving it a 4 point game. Another promising Florida State drive looked poised to stall out inside the 5 yard line when they were forced into a 3rd and goal from the 4 after being down to the 1 yard line. But this time FB Chad Abram would punch it in to take the 3 point lead with 4:05 left in the game. David Watford again took over the game, mixing in some big runs from the HB Parks who really punished the tired FSU defense a couple of times late. Watford would end up finding slot man Dominique Terrell on an angled post route (showing my lack of football knowledge here) and Terrell would take it the last 10 yards untouched for the score. The defense would hold strong on a 4th down in UVA territory to seal out the win.
    UVA_FSU.png
    Honestly looking back at the stats I got completely dominated. The early pick 6 and two big goalline stands really made the difference.

22. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

[​IMG][​IMG]
    23-20 (OT)

Boilermakers Invade South Bend and Steal Shillelagh

The streak is over! The streak is over! For the first time since 2007, the Shillelagh will be coming to West Lafeyette as the Boilermakers stun the Fighting Irish in Overtime. This one was a pure defensive battle that saw neither team reach 300 yards of total offense. The Boilermakers used a well balanced attack to keep the Irish on their toes (104 on the ground, 181 in the air). The Boilermakers also had an 11 minute advantage in TOP that culminated in a 4 minute game tying drive that ultimately left the Irish with no time to answer for a winning moment. In overtime the Boilermaker defense came to play forcing the Irish to settle for 3 in their first possession. Little did the Irish offense know, but that would be their last overtime possession. On 3rd and 3 the Boilermakers came out hoping to just convert the first down, but got a whole lot more. Rob Henry dropped back to pass in the I Form flanked by a receiver on each end and TE on the line. Henry dropped back 5 steps looked outside and quickly came off, turned his eyesight inside where Gabe Holmes was just turning inside on his single coverage with the safety. Henry fired and connected with Holmes, but just short of the endzone. Holmes lowered his shoulder and took his man into the endzone for the game winning touchdown to complete the upset!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    WVU - 15
    UNC - 14

I can't kick field goals, losing by one point after missing two field goals wide left.

24. Bondzai

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Indiana - 31
    Northwestern - 20

Well Coach OMlawdog who had stepped away from the college game to pursue his NFL dreams came back to his birthplace, Indiana. Upon arriving at Indiana he was told about this coach at Northwestern and that he had this skill set that was basically unbeatable. He even heard in media days that Coach Peench wanted to see what all the hype was about. He wanted to see what the big deal was. He didn't think there was much to the the game genie rumors and didn't believe that someone could win 50+ games in a row or win four straight National Titles. He had his Northwestern team and All American QB Kain Colter was came into Bloomington chomping at the bit, even stating that if coach OMlawdog didn't show up, he was going to hang 60 on his IU team.

As usual, Coach Lawdog said nothing. He had a media blackout this entire week, but one reporter was able to sneak into the IU locker room and here is a transcription of Coach Lawdog's pre game speech:

"Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here, tonight. One game. If we play'em 10 times, they might win 9. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight we hit em, tonight we create turnovers. Tonight we bottle Colter up, and we SHUT THEM DOWN because we can! Tonight, we are the greatest college football team in the country. You were born to be football players, Every one of ya. You were meant to be here tonight. This is your game. Coach Peench's TIME IS DONE! IT'S OVER! I'm sick and tired of hearing' about what a great football coach Peench is, SCREW 'HIM! This is your time, this is our game, this is my league, this is the Deuce, and we wear the crown until someone takes it from us. Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes. Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him. That's a team, gentlemen. That's football guys. That's all it is. Now, whattaya gonna do?"

Indiana proceeded to beat NW 31-20; The first offensive play of the game was an intercepted pitch play and NW never recovered.

• Like Like x 3