Season 1: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Post them here. Remember, everyone should be doing them!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

RJ.jpg
    KR/PR RJ Williamson had an absolute monster of a day​
    Western Michigan - 23​
    Michigan State - 48​
    The Broncos were completely overmatched in this one. Yes they did score a decent amount of points but most of them were FGs and they only managed one TD on our starters. The Spartans on the other hand were dominant. Hill ran for 3 scores while Cook found 2 receivers in the endzone. But the real stars were RJ Williamson and Marcus Rush. Williamson returned a total of 5 KR and 5 PR and had a whopping 405 yards between the two to go along with a 103 yard KR for a TD. This kid allowed MSU to constantly have a short field to work with and the offense took advantage almost every time. Cook did throw two INTs but they were forced passes (I'll admit it). And now for Marcus Rush. He was in the Broncos' QBs face all game long and ended the game with 4 Sacks and 6 Tackles. Still wish hurried passes was a stat because he always bringing pressure. ​
    Stats​
    C. Cook - 10/13, 170 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT​
    N. Hill - 17 Att, 142 yards, 8.3 ypc, 3 TD, 1 Rec, 22 yards​
    J. Langford - 12 Att, 50 yards, 4.1 ypc​
    A. Burbridge - 1 Rec, 55 yards, 1 TD​
    M. Bullough - 7 Tackles, TFL, FR​
    M. Rush - 6 Tackles, 5 TFL, 4 Sacks​

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Illinois 31
    Washington 28

ferguson TD run v Washington.jpg
    Illinois used a balance attack to hold the ball for 20+ minutes​

The state of Illinois was very excited to see new coach Jello so Illinois was able to sell out Soldier Field for their season opener against the Washington Huskies. UW is the vastly superior team (they're 10 points better) and it showed at times as they were clearly bigger and stronger than the Illinois kids.

Illinois scored a TD on their 1st 2 possessions. UW ended up with 4th and goal from the 1 on their 1st 2 possessions and managed to punch it in both times. After an Illinois punt UW once again was sitting at 4th and goal from the 1 but this time Illinois was able to stop them all 4 times instead of only the first 3 downs. Illinois' offense then went to work and marched 99 yards in 3 and a half minutes to take the lead with only 18s left before the half.

The 2nd half was much like the first with Illinois' offense having their way while the Illinois D was just run over. The lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball for Illinois is very disturbing to say the least.

Game Balls:
    QB Nathan Scheelhaase - 209.5, 15/16 (93%)*, 142 yds, 2 TD - 16 car, 72 yds (4.5 YPC)
    HB#3 Kendrick Foster - 7 car, 62 yds (8.8 YPC), TD
    FS Earnest Thomas - 9 tkls**

* I'm guessing the QBA slider is broken like last year, but 15/16 with Nathan's ONLY incompletion being a drop is fucking stupid....
    ** I'm really, really gonna hate the loss of assisted tackles that comes with the Infinity Engine (it's my understanding that it was this way for all of Madden '13 and was never fixed). I only had 4 guys on my entire team with more than 1 tackle (UW had 39 carries/receptions/returns where someone was tackled).........

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Hoosier Daddy?!
    NCA14XBX_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_IJw.jpg

Indiana 34
    Eastern Michigan 10

Indiana kicked off the 2013 season with a dominant win over MAC doormat Eastern Michigan. QB Tre Roberson would be the Hoosier of the Game throwing for 100 yards and rushing for 40 with 2 TDs. EMU was able to move the ball with near identical offensive stats to Indiana but the glaring difference was the 4 EMU turnovers to the 0 IND. The defense had 3 INTs and 1 recovered fumble for the Hoosiers. Coach Hova had hoped to see 2 fellow classmates from South Haven High School on the EMU roster but it seems as both bums have already been kicked off the team.

Indiana opens the season 1-0 and head on the road next week to face New Mexico State.

QB T. Roberson 181.7 Rating 7/10 133 YDs, 40 YDs Rushing, 2 TDs
    HB Houston 20 Carries, 89 YDs, TD

LB Heban 7 Tackles

5. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

A Long Road Ahead...

Iowa Hawkeyes beat #24 NIU, 30 to 28.

The Hawkeyes came into this game unranked, but a favorable pick to win. The Hawkeyes looked good in the first half leading 17 - 14 at the half. It was a 67 yard punt return in the third quarter that opened this game up for the Hawks'.

Iowa scored on its first offensive drive of the game on a 6 yard QB keeper by Jake Rudock. This game was a test of offensive power, after the touchdown NIU's A. Daniels took a 74 yard run and made it work for six. The teams continued to battle back and forth in the first half, with Iowa scoring on a 1 yard run by Mark Weisman with :55 seconds remaining in the half.

The only score of the third quarter was the 67 yard punt return for a TDby Jordan Cotton. The fourth quarter was where it got interesting, with Iowa taking a 27-14 lead early in the fourth. But NIU was quick to score again with a 75 yard TD pass from J. Lynch on the first play of the following drive. Iowa's defense gave up alot of big plays today, and coach Colt was very disappointed in his defense. He said in the post game press conference, "Our defense gave up some big plays, and a lot of yards on the ground, we will have to work on that part of the game before next week."

After the NIU touchdown, Jake Rudock on the first play of the following drive fumbled the football giving NIU the ball inside their redzone. The Hawkeye fans were shocked and you could hear a needle drop in the stadium. Jordan Lynch with 5:08 remaining in regulation punched the ball in on a 16 yard run, which really left the fans stunned after having a 13 point lead earlier in the fourth.

But leave it to coach Colt iBO and his Hawkeye crew to continue the success they found all day with long drives. The Hawkeye offense knows how to put together 10+ play drives and they showed that again by chewing up over 3 and a half minutes to kick a 38 yard field goal to get the go-ahead score. NIU tried to press the ball down the field but was unsuccessful after advancing it past the 50 yard line, after Iowa's defense stuck it's claws in and dug in the victory.

Iowa will travel to play Maryland (bigrice) next week for their conference opener of the season.

Key Stats and Performers

First Downs - NIU (10) Iowa (17)
    Total Offense - NIU (403) Iowa (353)
    Rushes/Yards/TD - NIU (20/235/3) Iowa (40/138/2)
    Passing - NIU (12/16 - 1 - 168 yards) Iowa (13/16 - 0 - 215)
    TO's - NIU (1 Fumble) Iowa (1 Fumble)
    TOP - NIU (8:26) Iowa (19:34)

Jake Rudock - 13/16 for 215 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 12 rushes for 29 yards, 1 TD
    Mark Weisman - 17 rushes for 56 yards, 1 TD
    J. Canzeri - 3 rushes for 32 yards

Game Ball Awarded to : Jordan Cotton with 1 reception for 11 yards, 152 KR yards, 79 PR yards, and 1 TD

6. jello1717

For the record, just in case you guys didn't already know, this is what happens when you bad mouth the University of Michigan.

image-3010987967.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

First game, first freeze. Way to go EA

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Lick my balls. Good thing ea and Microsoft can create products that actually function correctly

9. jello1717

Masler, with 2 restarts already, both with the user losing (one losing badly in the 4th quarter) what is the restart policy? I didn't see anything on it in the league description (but I certainly could've missed it).

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Everyone should already know that you need proof of the freeze and that restarts must be approved by me first. I guess I need to put it in the rules.

Fmode11, how exactly did the freeze occur?

11. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

rutgers.jpg
    RU 42
    Toledo 32

The Scarlet Knight played host to Toledo to kick off the 2013 season. Rutgers is opening the season in a new conference home with the B1G so it should be a fun season. This was a high scoring affair as both defenses were really at the mercy of the other teams offense. Rutgers did manage to grab 2ints and force one punt but that was about it. Both QB’s completed over a ridiculous 82 and 88% of their passes as they picked apart the others team secondary. The offensives combined for over 800 yards of offense and a hefty 5.2 and 7.1 yards per rush attempt. Rutgers ground game was the game changer as they were able to control the clock and grind out drives. The Defense will be hard at work as they have a lot of holes to fix during the bye week.

Rutgers Players of Note:

QB Gary Nova 23/26 258yrds 3tds’s 1int
    HB Paul James 26att 149yrds 3td’s
    TE Paul Carrezola 6rec 60yrds 1td

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

I didn't adjust sliders until after I advanced....my fault. That could be why passing was a little more easy than it should have been.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

You can sim it. I don't care

14. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

You can sim it. I don't care

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

That's not what I asked.

16. jello1717

I hope that's what it was. It'd suck if all our passers were completing 80+% of our passes all season.

17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

It's always the game highlights. Same as last year. Freezes on the cut away animation

18. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Ya passing is way to easy the secondary is no were near any of the WR's. I think we need to give the D's a little bump to even it out. If not were going to start seeing 60-50 scores with some crazy stats in these cpu games.

19. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I didn't see me tagged when I was typing my response. I'm on my phone, unless you edited as I was replying.

20. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

[​IMG] 24
    [​IMG] 34

Nebraska picks up a 34-24 victory in non-conference play over a game Wyoming team. Nebraska's attack was fairly balanced, rushing 35 times for 179 yards and passing 22 times for 208 yards and 3 TD. The biggest play of the game occurred at the end of the first half, when Wyoming's QB inexplicably threw into coverage and the ball was picked and returned for 6 by Sr CB Andrew Green.

Players of the Game

Taylor Martinez 19-22 208 yards 3 TD, 7 Att 50 yards
    Ameer Abdullah 23 Att 102 yards
    Kenny Bell 5 Rec 64 yards TD

Andrew Green INT, TD

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  21. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Purdue 40
    Cincinnati 37 OT

The Boilermakers open up the Darrell Hazell tenure on the road in his home state of Ohio as they faced off against the Bearcats. SR QB Rob Henry threw for over 200 yards and ran for over 100 as the Boilers really got the running game going late. Henry had a few long TD runs including one from 53 yards. His total wasn't too high as he was sacked over and over. Cincinnati kept the game close all day using their no huddle and scrambling crazy QB. I don't have the stats in front of me as they didn't upload to the DW, but he had at least 25 carries, a few were designed runs but the majority were scrambles and sacks that came after a scramble. The Bearcats tied it with a late FG, but could only score a FG in the 1st OT as the Boiler defense came up with a big 3rd and 4 stop. Henry led the offense onto the field, and 3 running plays later Akeem Hunt crossed the goal line and it was over.

Great start to the Hazell era at Purdue, but things get a lot tougher next week as Notre Dame comes into Ross-Ade for the annual rivalry game.

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

UMASS 24
    Wisconsin 34

The Badgers started quick, off to a 14-3 lead, only to see UMASS comeback to a tied score at half(17 all). The badgers defense and ground game dominated the second half as James White finished with over 130 yards and 3 scores.

23. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Syracuse - 47
    Penn State - 41
    -- OVERTIME --

The 'Cuse run wild and have an epic game for the record books. Not only could they complete passes at will, but every run called went for an easy 8-10 yards before a Penn State defender could locate the ball. The first start for Penn State FR QB Hackenburg was disgusting, at best. The rain falling in Metlife stadium, which played like a home game for Syracuse (thanks Masler), made for a tough road back for Penn State after spotting Syracuse 28 points to start the game. Penn State was able to get some things going, mainly on the ground. But they could not overcome the inability for one Syracuse wide receiver to drop a pass.

These sliders are whack :banghead:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I'm under the impression these were default sliders week 1 :)

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Cal: 41
    NW: 23

A rough start for coach UofC as his Wildcats fall on the road to Cal. A heroic effort by Zach Kline in his home opener going 31-35 and no turnovers. Kain Colter did well but had two late picks and a few dropped balls throughout the game. Venric Mark also showed potential but his role was diminished due to the big deficit. Northwestern looks to rebound next week at home against the Syracuse Orange.