Season 1 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bondzai, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Temple: 14
    UCF: 38

After spotting Temple 14 points in the first quarter, UCF woke up in the second half to beat Temple. The key to the game was the rushing offense. UCF put up 305 total yards on the ground. Starting HB Brynn Harvey put up 118 yards before leaving the game with an injury. Enter backup HB Ronnie Weaver....he proceeded to torch the Owl defense for 169 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns.

Next up for the Knights is a tough home game against Boston College.

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Texas - 45
    Rice - 21

Started off bad, Texas was up 38-0, I was able to make it a little more interesting and started to get warmed up. We at least learned some things from this beating.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    UTEP: 17
    FAU: 10

The Miner defense carried the team in this win, keeping the FAU offense out of the endzone until the fourth quarter. They came up clutch when necessary, holding the Owls to a field goal in the first half after a goal line stand. A key fumble recovery on a quarterback scramble also killed a FAU drive deep in their territory. The UTEP offense was turnover prone in coach Shaun Mason's first game, throwing an interception and fumbling three times. The offense did move the ball well through the air, and quarterback Kevin Lamaison was sound, throwing for 78% of his passes. Unfortunately he could not complete passes on third and long and the Miner offense strugged at times. Adding to their offensive woes, star running back Joe Banyard was hurt early in the game and is expected to miss three games.

Next week UTEP faces SMU.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Bad Start for the 0-1 Cardinals....

First Quarter

03:56 TD Indiana Paul Phillips TE #91 75 yard pass from Edward Wright Baker QB #7
    02:08 TD Indiana Darius Willis HB #28 4 yard rush

Second Quarter

04:34 TD Ball State David Brown HB #21 10 yard rush
    02:49 TD Ball State Derek Orr TE #84 9 yard pass from Keith Wenning QB #10
    01:15 FG Indiana Mitch Ewald K #16 45 yard field goal
    00:39 FG Indiana Mitch Ewald K #16 36 yard field goal

Third Quarter

04:53 FG Indiana Mitch Ewald K #16 31 yard field goal
    03:15 TD Indiana Demarlo Belcher WR #88 44 yard pass from Edward Wright Baker QB #7

Fourth Quarter

06:49 TD Ball State Otis Brown WR #87 27 yard pass from Keith Wenning QB #10
    05:51 TD Indiana Max Dedmond TE #41 3 yard rush
    00:13 FG Indiana Mitch Ewald K #16 44 yard field goal

The Hoosiers jumped out to an early 14-0 lead, but the Cardinal fought back...to tie the score, but once the score was tied, the Hoosiers took over behind a dominant performance from their QB Wright-Baker

PassingATTCompYardsTDInt

Edward Wright Baker 30 17 332 2 2

The Cardinal QB Keith Wenning, make some mistakes but that is to be expected with a new coach and playbook. Wenning showed some really positive signs in the first half and late in the 4th quarter but the 3rd quarter was borderline disaster for him... 3 picks on 4 throws.... sigh.... back to the drawing board..

PassingATTCompYardsTDInt

Keith Wenning 39 17 218 2 3

The Cardinal rushing attack was non-existent against the Hoosiers which is a significant problem moving forward. If the load is squarely put on Wenning, the Cardinal will be in for an extremely long season.... one of the lone bright spots was certainly Otis Brown .... Brown ended with 85 yards and a td, but he also made some clutch catches to keep the Cardinal in the game....

ReceivingCatchesYardsTDLong

Otis Brown 4 85 1 27

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

And Boom goes the Dynamite!

6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Ugliest recap ever - where the heck is the final score?

7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Eastern Michigan - 17
    Middle Tennessee State - 44

Game wasn't that close. Middle Tenn State, stuffed my running game and I had very little time to get passes off, and despite that I was still in the game in the 3rd quarter when I was down 24-10 and driving, and my QB gets hit while Im sliding, and I fumble which they return for a TD, and that is the ball game. I threw 3 picks, all of which were deserved, two in the red zone which were just killers.

Overall my OL is terrible, my running backs are decent, but my QB is atrocius. On defense, my players are small, but they make up for it by being slow. Several times when I played man defense, one of their WR's would just get behind and keep running. Had to always have two safeties back otherwise they could score on a streak on pretty much any occasion.

Didn't quit, so hopefully I will be ready for UNLV.

8. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

ugliest recap ever?
    forgot to post it...
    get off my dick..... we play week 3... nuff said....

Team

OT

T

Ball State

Indiana
    CPU

thats the ugliest recap ever.....

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

AF 38
    CM 7

not even a game...they ran all over me and i couldn't muster anything on offense except one drive where my TE did all the work..

10. Keller

Smart ass.

11. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

#6 Ohio State: 73
    Akron: 24

I was actually only behind 3 at the end of the first quarter, 17-14, with a chance to take the lead. However, my QB gets sacked, then a stuffed run, and a crazy throw for an INT, and that was all she wrote.

Daniel Herron of Ohio State flat killed me on the ground. I had no chance against their rushing attack. They only threw the ball 18 times, and I actually picked one off, but their running game was insane. My offense wasn't too bad, it was my defense that was brutal. The rain actually helped me some because their receivers would slip on some plays causing their QB to have to hold the ball an extra couple seconds.

My starting running back is pretty solid. I've got to take him off kickoff returns though because if he gets injured, there goes my season.

It was a fun game, no cheese or anything, to me at least, it played fair.

The sad news, I lost one of my better players for 8 weeks on a kickoff return.

STAR PERFORMANCES:

Ohio State:
    Running Back: Daniel Herron, 22 att, 281 yards, 4 TDs.

Akron:
    Receiver: Keith Scorniers, 4 catches, 114 yards, 2 TDs.

Next Game: vs. Temple

12. Keller

Wow your offense is sick if you're putting up 24 points against OSU. I'm pumped if I put up 24 against BGSU, ugh.

13. theSANDMAN215

I don't know how I did it. A couple of the TDs their secondary let my receiver get behind them and I just lobbed it up for a TD.

A the end of the first half, I'm kicking a field goal with less than a minute, I'm figuring they have no chance to score with a minute or less.

They return the kickoff to about the 40, and in 4 plays have an easy TD.

The one thing that did piss me off, they were up like 66 to 17 or something, and they are still passing the ball, with their starters in the game in the 4th quarter.

14. Keller

The CPU doesn't sub out guys - lol. I wouldn't expect any logic to be in there for them to though, as most NCAA gamers would never notice always beating up on the CPU.

I've noticed (and mentioned to everyone) that the deep ball seems to be pretty successful this year. I don't know if the CPU is turning on aggressive coverages or what but in some games I've seen the same thing.

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

depends... A fast WR against a mediocre CB and ya deep ball is good, but try that against a good cb and its a bit tougher.

16. Keller

Dude we're playing shitty teams - my 68ovr WR with 88spd 94acc is a beast, lol.

He's burned everyone, bad or good. Granted I didn't match him up against a PP clone or something but he's had success thus far no matter who he's faced.

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I burned Ryno in our tourney game with my WR on SMU. But then that guy was shut down against mad money merk in my 2nd game, trying the same tactics and routes.

18. Keller

I still think the deep ball is pretty deadly this year

19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Bowling Green 15, Idaho 45

8 turnovers = ass whooping.

QB Matt Schilz threw four interceptions (three of them really bad throws) and put the ball on the ground twice to essentially hand the game to the Idaho Vandals. Starting HB Jordan Hopgood joined in on the fun adding two fumbles of his own, both of which were returned for a TD. The bright star was the ability of the offense to move the ball before the turnovers. Matt Schilz can be electric when he is on point and backup HB Jon Pettigrew showed flashes of greatness in the third quarter when he slashed through the defense for a 67 yard TD scamper.

Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach Ron Hurst was noticeably upset in the locker room following the game. As a coach who preaches discipline, his offense had none of that today.

20. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Florida 52
    UAB 6

The game started and ended on a bad note for the Blazers, and there wasn't much positive to pull from the middle either. Florida returned the opening kickoff 98 yards for a score, forced a 3 and out and scored on their next drive to take an early 14 point lead. We were able to settle down a little bit after that though, and actually outscored Florida 6-3 in the 2nd quarter to keep the score a respectable 17-6 going into halftime. Florida really blew it open in the 2nd half with Jeff Demps absolutely going off. Demps would scored 4 tds in the 2nd half, all on runs of 20+ yards (including one as time expired...) and would end the game with nearly 300 yards rushing. The UAB defense was worn out after fighting through a tough first half , and the offense was not doing them any favors in the 2nd half with the turnovers and short possessions. The promising thing that UAB can pull from this is how well we played in the first half. The rushing attack looked good, and we were able to limit our turnovers. Next week we have an early user game against Emmdotfrisk and Tulane.

21. theSANDMAN215

Temple (1-1) (1-0): 54
    Akron (0-2) (0-1): 28

wow. I thought I'd have a chance at a win. I got down by too much too early and had to abandon the run. My starting QB was like 2 for 9 with 2 picks, so I benched him. Then I burned the red-shirt on my freshman QB, and he did OK, but some of his throws made me scratch my head. He threw one into the stands with a guy wide open, then with a guy open in the endzone he almost throws it through the goal post. My defense is terrible, 77 the first week and 54 this week.

X-Box Live Chat is the way to go. JrRawlins and his color commentary makes the game.

Next week: @ Cincinnati

22. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Aww hell I didn't know you guys were in one... I would've hopped in too.

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Bowling Green 28, Western Kentucky 25

Coach Drifter's message all week seemed to sink in with his offense as they came away turnover-free in the victory over Western Kentucky. QB Matt Schilz was 7 of 14 on the day for 147 yards and two scores in a conservative effort behind the explosive ground attack. Western Kentucky jumped out to an early lead, but a hail mary to WR Kamar Jorden just before halftime put the Falcons up for good. The theme of the second half belonged to RBs Jordan Hopgood and Jon Pettigrew, who rocked it out for 269 yards carrying the rock to secure the 'W.'

24. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Boston College: 7
    UCF: 14

There was absolutely no offense in this game. Luckily my defense stepped up big with 4 INTs (including a pick six) and 3 sacks. After running all over Temple I couldn't get my running game going at all against BC. Brynn Harvey scratched out 91 yards on the ground, and I think about 80 of them came in the 4th quarter. Hopefully my defense can keep playing like they are.

Total Offense: BC - 173, UCF - 166

Next week I travel to Miami to face FIU.

25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Purdue - 52
    Rice - 21

Looked good at first, ran back the opening kick. After that, meltdown. I couldnt stop anything.