Season 1 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bondzai, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Bowling Green: 10
    Idaho: 30

The offense looked pretty good in this game. The o-line created some nice holes for HB Ryan Bass who ran 140 yards on 31 carries.

Next week I've got a home game against Navy and then a big test at #9 Texas A&M in week 3.

2. XAttackConquerX

XAttackConquerX Walk On

Western Michigan: 21
    Michigan: 41

Good game, turnovers absolutely killed me. Carder had a good game despite the picks and a fumble, which was stupid as I tried to slide but he dove and lost it. We're gonna live and die by his arm and my receiver's ability to actually catch the damn ball. Defense played good, most of their points came off of turnovers.

3. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

Alabama 61 - Kent 14

Wow...though to be fair I beat their second team 7-6.

Few things were learned by my poor MAC team. 1. Trenton Richardson is not a mere football player, but a god in Crimson clothing. 434 yards and 5 tds on 23 carries. We would hold him hold him hold him then boom 60 yards. 2. Don't blitz when their left guard is as athletic as your starting corner. And 3. My Left End is going to be a stud come conference play.

That is all...I am going to go cry myself to sleep.

4. gsolo19564

gsolo19564 Walk On

FIU-31
    UNT-6

The hiring of Coach Solomon as the Golden Panthers new Defensive Coordinator looks like a good decision after the first game. The new defensive scheme put in place allowed only 29 rushing yards and 197 passing yards while getting to the QB 5 times.
    The ground and pound offense was very effective with 190 yard on the ground and 163 through the air.
    The one negative FIU will be taking from this game is the loss of their SR RB who put up 135 rushing yards and 2 scores before getting injured. He is expected to miss up to 6 wks.

5. jairball

jairball Walk On

Illinois 27
    Arkansas State 17

Played well early, including a forced fumble that would help my offense take on some more points. Lead 10-3 with about a minute to go before half and Illinois realized I was Arkansas State and decided to drive down the field and tie it...a fumble on the kickoff gave them great field position with seconds left to put them up 13-10 at half. Gave up two big TD runs in the third and ultimately lost 27-17. Obviously those two big runs hurt me, but I really wish the offense wouldn't have turned the ball over 5 times! I suppose those are the breaks though. I thought I played well and look forward to bringing the D in week 2!

Bright Spots on Defense:
    Arkansas State defense held Illinois to 3 for 11 on 3rd Down Conversions, 27%
    Arkansas State defense only allowed 137 passing yards.
    Arkansas State did not allow a red zone TD, yielding only 2 FG's in 4 Illinois red zone attempts.

6. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Straight raped against Stanford. I had no chance.

7. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

At least I wasn't alone

8. theSANDMAN215

Bond - I'm not sure who is left, but I'll get my recruiting completed later this afternoon/evening.

9. busties

busties Walk On

Army 31
    NIU 14

The game started out as a slug fest. Their qb went out early and was able to let me adjust my defensive game plan to a little more aggressive.

10. Teach Me

Teach Me Walk On

Auburn-42
    Utah State- 7

We showed up, got our teeth kicked in and collected our check on the way to the bus. This Game started out great for Utah State holding Auburn to only 5 points in the !st quarter but that didn't stay the case soon after. Drop passes and terrible blocking lead to the complete domination of our offense by their defense. When asked for any positives after the game, OC Thomas could only reply "well at least our QB Adam Kennedy is still able to walk. You would think after 7 sacks, 7 hurries and 6 knockdowns, he would be on a stretcher but he's obviously a tough kid & gutsy leader to keep getting up. First order of practice this week is keeping him off the turf."

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Navy: 18
    Idaho: 45

The story of this game was HB Ryan Bass. He has 26 rushes for 212 yards and 4 tds. He also too a screen pass for an 80 yard td.

Next up is a brutal matchup with Texas A&M.

12. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

Kent State showed much improvement in their second game allowing 200 yards of total offense less than they did against the Crimson Tide in week 1. Unfortunately they we still gave up 488 yards. 345 were through the air.

But the stats don't show how well the D really played. We held the Wildcats to 2-10 on third downs. And only allowed 1 td in 4 red zone trips. Our O couldn't hold onto the ball though as T.O.P was 22:45-10:38 in Arizona's favor.

In the end they proved to be too big and too fast for my MAC squad. But we are filing these two games as learning experiences and are looking forward to being very competitive once MAC play starts.

13. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Well just got done with a huge BS game. i was beating Michigan St ALLLLL game, 10-0 with like 4 min til halftime. They are bout to score, i get a huge INT for TD. 17-0 now and im shitting my pants. Then they get a Kick return for TD and then an 80 yard run as time expires to halftime......we go into the 4th im winning 24-21 and then they kick a 52 yrd FG perfectly to tie it up 24-24. Then, you guys NEED to look at this BS. i lost the game off of a 12 yrd TD Run on 4th down by the QB AFTER he breaks a tackle that shouldve been a game changing sack. i lose 24-31. depressing =*(

FAU - 24
    MSU - 31

FAU Stats - QB David Kooi 327 yrds 2 Tds 1 Int

MSU - QB Kirk Cousins 4-10 40 yrds 0 Td 1 Int HB Edwin Baker - 29 Carries 249 yards 1 TD. 114 after first hit. QB Kirk Cousins 10 carries 37 yards 1 TD

Check out that play, the story is labeled Tailspin the video is the last highlight! http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleWireAll&dynid=352280&sku=512A0001

14. jairball

jairball Walk On

Arkansas State (1-1) bounced back in a huge way lead by their stout defensive play. Memphis never threatned to post points in a 41-0 Red Wolves victory. So much happend that its pointless to do anything but look at some of the stats because they speak for themselves...

Bright Spots on Defense:
    Arkansas State gave up 103 Total Yards of Offense, -4 yards rushing.
    Held Memphis to 2-10 on 3rd Down Conversions, 20%
    2 Defensive TD's (1 INT and 1 FUM)
    6 Team Sacks (after only 1 last week)

User Player of the Game:
    CB Darren Edwards had 8 Total Tackles, 3 for loss, 2 INT's including one that was returned 50 yards to the house!

Up Next:
    @ #15 Virginia Tech

15. XAttackConquerX

XAttackConquerX Walk On

Western Michigan 14, USF 26

Carder struggled throughout the 1st 3 quarters but the offense turned it on in the 4th with a 17 play TD drive which brought the score to 20-14. The Broncos D forced a punt but on 2nd down, Carder was hit hard and fumbled, the Bulls recovered and scored shortly after. The Bulls pass rush was just too much too handle and their secondary picked anything near them. I believe Carder leads the nation in passing yards though which is good.

16. ParkerR83

ParkerR83 Walk On

Tulane 21, Tulsa 27

Tulane's new Offensive Coordinator was feeling out his new offense for the first time against a better Tulsa team. While there were some bright spots, namely the 78 yard rushing TD and a well place 40 yard pass to the back of the endzone, the Tulane offense fell short in their campaign to upset Tulsa. Three interceptions and turnover on a kickoff cost Tulane the momentum and their chance to pull ahead in this close contest. This new offense does, however, hold high promise and it is expected that the new coordinator will surpass many of goals set forth is his contract for the first season.

17. theSANDMAN215

Raped again. This time by ucla. I had 7 or 8 picks by my QB. brutal loss. I had no chance.

18. Teach Me

Teach Me Walk On

Utah St 21. Cent Mich 7

With a ball control offense the Aggies were able to pull out their frst victory of the season. Things sure did look bleak when starting their starting RB went down and was lost for the game but the backup RB erased all doubts. With a game high 132 yards on 22 carries and 2 tds, it was clear who the player of the game was. Nice bounce back win for the program.

19. ParkerR83

ParkerR83 Walk On

Tulane 31, UAB 21

Tulane started off early trying to establish a running game to no avail, with UAB stopping them for consecutive losses and 4 quick sacks. On the 3rd possession everything turned around for the Green Wave with big passes downfield opening up an outside running game. Two passing TD and one rushing TD later the Green Wave was winning handily at 21-0. UAB however would get one quick score before the half. The second half proved to be a completely different ball game with the UAB defense once again shutting downs Tulane's offense and even returning an interception for a touchdown. The score was brought close at 24-21 Tulane. The weary defensive line of UAB could not hold however to get the offense the ball back with Tulane putting on over 50 yards of rushing on their final possession and put the game out of reach at 31-21.

20. busties

busties Walk On

Army 28 SDSU 21

The Black Knights first home game of the season was a thriller. With the passing game still dead and the star QB injured the senior Max Jennings stepped in and went to work on the Aztecs with 125 yards on the ground in the optioned based offense.

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  22. jairball

jairball Walk On

Arkansas State (2-1) carried the momentum from their shut-out victory over Memphis into their match-up with #15 Virginia Tech. Arkansas State made life tough early for the Hokies recording 3 sacks in the first two possesions of the game. Although Arkansas State did give up a hefty amount of yardage up, their defense subscribed to the theory of bend-don't-break defense. No play proved that more true than CB Feemster's 98 yard INT for a TD to give the Red Wolves a 21-10 lead at halftime. The game would ultimately be decided by a 2-Pt conversion after #15 Virginia Tech scored a TD with just over a minute left to pull within two, 21-19. As seen in this video an Arkansas State defender attempted a Big Hit but was unsuccessful in taking him down, only to have a defender somehow chase down the Hokies' stud HB Woods (37 carries, 182 yards) and stop him just two yards short of pay dirt. Arkansas State recovered the onside kick and left Lane Staduim, the 8th Toughest Place to Play, with a huge W!

Bright Spots on Defense:
    Arkansas State held #15 Virginia Tech under 50% pass completion
    Held #15 Virginia Tech to 4-14 on 3rd Down Conversions, 28%
    Defensive TD (1 INT)
    3 Sacks by DT Dorvus Woods

User Player of the Game:
    CB Darryl Feemster came up with the play of the game, a 98 yd INT for a TD that would put the game firmly in Arkansas State's hands.

Up Next: @ #15 Virginia Tech​

23. jairball

jairball Walk On

24. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

FAU 28
    #11 Aub 35

3rd straight week of losing to a top 15 opponent. 2nd straight week of leading in the final 2 minutes and losing. it was 4th and 15 and they broke 6 tackles and got 80 yards which led to a TD. i was winning 28-27 until then.

25. Justin Parks

Justin Parks Walk On

MTSU 37
    Troy 0

The story of this game is my backup RB coming in after an early injury to starting back DD Kyles. Cunningham came off the bench for 27 carries for 230 yards and 3 TD's. Troy's defense wore down early and their lack of offensive productivity led to a blowout in front of their home fans. Next week MTSU hosts Fresno State.

• Like Like x 1