Season 1 Sliders/Difficulty Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Jan 3, 2014.

1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

What are you guys' thoughts on the first season. Suggestions? Complaints?

2. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Facemask and clipping

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I noticed a jump in facemasks.

The CPU is never going to be super competitive. I do think we could make the current ones a little more challenging.

4. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

I disagree about the CPU my games are hard and close last two I won by 3

5. IrishBearcat

What were the scores of Army's games this year in IRL, what was their record? :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. IrishBearcat

I don't think WSU and SJSU both finished with 1 loss or less this season either. CPU games should be very challenging with them be the majority on our schedule.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The CPU run game is completely unstoppable no matter the call. This is 100% fact for EMU after testing all season. I can blitz everyone and run commit and they still get 5 yards a carry. I only win by outscoring teams.

This may just be because my team is the the worst in the league, if no one else is seeing this issue.

8. LeGeNd RiPs

I feel like I've had issues with the run as well...

9. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I think it's just that Hova has a weaker DL than most anyone else.

I've had absolutely zero trouble with stopping the run....it's the pass that is kicking my ass.

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I can never get off blocks in run game and never can tackle a CPU HB 1 on 1. They always break 1st tackle.

11. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Only time that really happens to me is draws. Even if I can see them coming

12. IrishBearcat

Myself and Perry had top 2 rushing defenses with severely subpar talent. Seems like a mixed bag. Eastern Michigan has some of the worst talent in the game so that doesn't surprise me especially on Heisman.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kaizer2310

Kaizer2310 Walk On

I say decrease our QB accuracy, pass block and increase CPU running ability

14. LeGeNd RiPs

Definitely gonna have to toggle with these sliders…..

15. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Yeah that score man

16. LeGeNd RiPs

Seriously man. I couldn't not score. It was so easy. I guess I got so used to San Jose State.

17. mboda

mboda Walk On

Why did you throw a TD at the end of the game? With under 3 mins left in the game you threw a TD with your starting QB. Why were you throwing when your up 73-20 and why were your starters still in?

18. LeGeNd RiPs

I simmed the last 5 minutes of the game because my daughter was crying.

19. LeGeNd RiPs

Is that okay with you?

20. LeGeNd RiPs

21. IrishBearcat

I honestly think it's less about the passing TD (simming or not) and more about the result. The point of this OD was for us to struggle, and SJSU went undefeated and won a NC season 1. In an ideal world, there would be no way this should be possible. Now it's season two and you're beating the #1 team 80-20.

I'm not sure what the fix is or how much you're at fault for this (if any at all), but it's not kosher and can't happen. I don't think the point of this was for us to be at USC handling the #1 team 80-20 after winning a NC season one with SJSU. I think everyone had to have a bad taste in their mouth with a user winning all the marbles with a 1 star school in the first season without a single recruiting class on campus. I'm not sure what the fix is at this point.

We could increase the sliders, but that will just create a massive challenge for all the lower schools while you ran to USC when the sliders were easy street. Interested to see what some of the other guys think. So in summary:

1.) You're an awesome TSO member and I know this was not your intentions
    2.) That doesn't make this OK or a GOOD thing for our OD. We need to come up with a solution

• Like Like x 1
  22. LeGeNd RiPs

I definitely understand where you're coming from and of course I wouldn't want to do anything to make you guys against me or for ANYONE to lose interest in the dynasty. Of course, I didn't expect to win the NC my first season at SJSU and I definitely didn't expect to be at South Carolina in season 2. All I can say is that I'm not sure how to go about making you guys feel better about the situation or making the situation "fair". This might come off as sarcastic, that's not my intention, but if I had lost a game or two, would it really be "better"? I understand that no one was expecting anyone to go far and certainly not all the way, me included. I just want this to be a fun, competitive dynasty (and I feel like it has been so far). If there are any suggestions, bitches, moans, or complaints of any kind, please let me know. I don't want to be thought of as a "cheesy player" to you guys. I've really enjoyed the dynasty thus far.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

My sliders are harder than this if you want to give them a try.

24. IrishBearcat

I think the key problem was the sliders being WAY too easy. Way too many winning records and programs have their best seasons in their entire existence.

Maybe we could leave them be for one more season, and the coaches who have not already moved once can move one last time before the sliders get turned up to big boy status. All coaches who have already moved need to stay at least 1 season.

Could work, but I'm not sure how everyone would feel about that. Just throwing paint against the wall and seeing what sticks so to speak.

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I say go to Mas's sliders. Used em for an Offliner and went 2-10 with Memphis. And I'd caution to maybe restart so we could get a 12th member with no coaching glitch. That's probably unpopular though...

• Like Like x 1