Season 1 - Week 1 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 1 - Week 1 Scores

All CPU games this week.

Post your scores and a brief summary here.

Good luck everyone.

We will advance Saturday night at the latest. Earlier if possible since all games are vs the CPU.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Can you please include when the hard advance deadline will be in these posts? Thanks.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Grothe and the Bulls open up the season @ Georgia Tech in style under new head coach "Coach Max". Coach Max has brought the fleXbox One to South Florida, and opening the season against Georgia Tech couldnt have been a better test for his young squad. The USF defense was completely prepared for the fleXbox One attack after seeing all off-season and basically shut down the Yellow Jacket's offense. Matt Grothe's first pass of the season was an INT, but he came back and broke off some huge gainers and completed some clutch passes that not only got him his confidence back, but also completely swung the momentum in favor for the Bulls. The Bulls wouldnt look back.

Final score:
    USF- 55
    GT- 17

Grothe
    13/19 246yd 2TD 1INT 68%
    11ATT 121yd 2TD
    Plancher
    12ATT 71yd 1TD
    Ford
    7ATT 34yd 1TD
    Mitchell
    3REC 36yd 2TD

USF looks forward to playing at home, but they are definitely looking past FAU at their matchup @ #8 Penn St.

4. Dru50

Alabama opens season with easy win vs Memphis

Memphis - 14
    Alabama - 55

The Alabama faithful are looking forward to a national title run from Coach Dru, after being spurned when Nick Saban left the Tide to coach the CFL's Ottowa Roughriders.

In a surprise move, Coach Dru elected to give the starting QB position to redshirt freshman Star Jackson, who looked anything but a star in the opening Bama drive, when he threw a late pass over the middle of the field, which was intercepted for a Tiger TD. This was the final points scored against the Bama starters by either the Tiger offense or defense.

The game was about defense and running the ball, with big plays in the passing game mixed in to keep the opposing defense on their toes.

The play of the game came on a sack by C. Reamer, leading to a fumble recovery TD by big Mount Cody.

Offense
    Star Jackson - 261.1 rating, 8-12, 223 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
    Mark Ingram - 19 carries, 102 yards, 3 TD
    Terry Grant - 13 carries, 104 yards
    Marquis Maze - 4 catches, 131 yards 1 TD
    Julio Jones - 3 catches, 55 yards

Defense

Cory Reamer - 6 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack

Special Teams
    Javier Arenas - 102 yard kick return TD, average 11.2 yards on 4 punt returns
    Leigh Tiffin - 2-2 FG, long of 51 yards

5. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

OU 54 BYU 51

I'm OU now not TCU by the way. (I'm really not a dousche)

I didn't not deserve this game! BYU dominated the 1st half and went up 41-17 at one point. I had to fight n scratch my way back. OU had a 23 point 4th Quarter to take it to overtime where BYU scored a FG on the 1st drive. OU answered with a TD! OU had 7 dropped passes (all in the 1st half i think) and just took a while to get goin. Perhaps it was the shitty weather as it was downpouring the whole game.

Bradford 17-37 217 3TD, 2 INT
    D. Murray 11-85-0 Got injured for the game early in 3rd
    *nothing special from WR's, ball was spread out pretty decently
    Star WR Broyles had 1 rec for 10 measly yds...but he did have 3 drops!

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    SMU 3 0 7 7 17
    LSU 7 3 14 14 38

The #5 LSU Tigers hosted the very pass happy Mustangs of SMU tonight. In front of 100,000 plus screaming fans the Bayou Bengals beat the Ponys 38-17. Coming into the game LSU knew it was in for a tough Defensive Matchup but to give up 468 yards mostly through the air had a few people shaking their heads. The one thing this team prided itself on was Defense and despite giving up those yards only surrendered 17 points and caused 4 turnovers in the game. The Offense which coming into the game was thought to be a liability actually out gained the Mustangs with 584 total yards of offense. Lead by SR's RB Charles Scott who had 155 yards on the ground on 23 carries with 1 TD and RB/WR Trindon Holliday who had 2 carries for 52 yards,1 catch for 50 yards and 2 scores this offense really clicked. The Tigers did turn the ball over 4 times and this frustrated Coach York to no end. "We have to make better reads on Offense not just at the QB position but also by the Oline. We did a lot of things well but we also need to spend a lot of time in the film room." Next up for the Tigers a home game with Vanderbilt.

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Okay I will admit I am a dousche. I am switching from Iowa St to Kansas St. I know I was strutting around thinking I was going to take the Cyclones from the bottom to the top, but I got crushed by ARKANSAS STATE!!!. I think our gameplay settings are meant for cpu teams to be competitive vs top rated user teams and not for lower rated user teams to be competitive vs cpu teams.

So you can dog me, but please leave it to 1 post only. Especially you Gator. And then we can move on. I will be taking over K-State starting week 2. Thanks Dru for understanding. I was over top of my head with Iowa St.

GO WILDCATS!!

8. Dru50

So everyone is aware, Hokie contacted me last night requesting the switch after his loss. After the obligatory ribbing by me (after all, he DID pick Iowa St), I decided the only fair thing to do was to allow the switch after the week, so that he would incur the penalty of not getting to recruit week 1 with KSU for making the decision after a loss.

I did not make macman have the same type of penalty since he decided he wanted to make the switch before he played or recruited for the week with TCU.

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

boooooooo Make the Hokie suffer!!!!

10. GoGators

Since I only get one post to dog you, I've gotta hit you where it hurts. Here goes:

Frank Beamer would be very disappointed in you! Beamer wouldn't leave a team after one loss just because he felt like he couldn't turn the team into a winner.

Oh, and by the way, here's the highlight from the Iowa State vs Arkansas State game:

:bangnana:

You know whose who.

I hope you don't need to change again after week 2.....

11. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Nebraska - 40
    Northwestern - 10

Roy Helu Jr. ran for 111 yards and 3 TDs and added 35 yards receiving and another TD. Helu had his way with Northwestern as this one was never close. Nebraska jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead after forcing consecutive punts on Northwestern's first 2 drives. The backups got some good playing time, as Coach Hippo pulled his 1st team in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

What's the fun in running it up on a purple team named the Wildcats? It looks like I'll have another chance of that later in the year vs Hokie :D

Next week: @ Oregon

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hokie Kiffin, nice to meet ya

13. Dru50

Guys, in an effort to get us through as much as possible before my trip next week, if everyone can strive to get their CPU games in tonight, I can advance us so that maybe we can get all user and CPU week 2 games done before I leave Sunday afternoon. That way I could advance to week 3 and we will really only have a 1 day delay (ie - everyone would have 96 hours to do week 3). I return friday at noon and won't be going in to the office that afternoon, so I could advance us as soon as I get to the house.

Thanks.

14. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Sounds good to me Dru

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I can get my game in tonight but it wont be until after 8pm PST. Sorry, I gotta watch the kid tonight and he doesnt go down until then.

16. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I will have my game done tonight but it wont be until late pst around 10 pm or so.

17. GoGators

Been working past 11pm EST all week so I'll try to get it in tonight when I get home but no promises.

18. Dru50

Do your best guys, I just don't want things to get held up too much. As long as everyone is understanding of me being MIA for the bulk of next week I guess I can be understanding tonight and tomorrow.

And recchem I totally understand you with the kids. I have 2 boys at home ages 2 and 1 and Dad gets no Xbox time until they are in bed.

19. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Florida 62 FIU 21

The Gators opened the season with a drubbing of instate foe FIU. Time Tebow connected with 5 different receivers for for 6 TDs and 277 yards. The real story of todays ball game was when star running back Jeff Demps left the game with a sprained shoulder. He we be out of next weeks game against Western Kentucky, but should be ready to take on the Vols from Tennessee.

The leading rushed for the Gators was third string running back Emanuel Moody. He ripped off a 59 yard TD before leaving the contest with a sprained ankle. He will also sit out next weeks games against the Hilltoppers.

The defense was lead by Florida's man beast defensive end Carlos Dunlop. Dunlop finished play with 9 tackles, 6 for loss and 2 sacks.(I did not controll him for 1 play) Sophomore Janoris Jenkins added 7 solo tackles of his own.

Overall it was a decent effort for the Gators in week 1. The team needs to sure up their running attack before SEC play begins.

20. GoGators

Cin 27
    RU 9

Bearcats 1-0

The Cincy Bearcats traveled to take on Rutgers and came home with a victory. The Bearcats were led by Sr QB Tony Pike who was the player of the game. He torched the Rutgers defense when given time, unfortunately, the O-line needs some work as Pike was sacked 8 times.

The Cincy team has a lot of growing to do this year as they are young on defense and will need some young guys to step up. They got their first taste of action this weekend, but tougher tests are ahead. Hopefully they learn quickly.

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball QB T. Pike 243.8 rating, 22/25, 346 yds 3 TDs
    Sr WR Mardy Gilyard 11 rec, 175 yds, TD

Notable youngsters:
    FR SS D. Frey 7 tackles
    SO DT J. Hughes 7 tackles, 5 TFL, 3 sacks​

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UNC - 58
    TENN - 31

Too frustrated to do a full write up on this one. I was intercepted 8 times, 4 of those were ran back for TD's. Also was sacked 6 times. I know its been about 6 months since I played NCAA Football, but man Im I struggling with NCAA10 right now!

22. Dru50

Be fair to yourself though recc, you are not only adjusting to NCAA 2010 but this league is also on Heisman difficulty, which makes the CPU that much tougher.

My advice (take it for what it's worth) is that if you have a team that does not have a tremendously accurate QB, try your best to run the ball A LOT and only pass when you have to, even if that makes you punt more than you want. The CPU can be like a shark, it cheats at the best of times, but if it smells blood in the water (ie - you fall behind by a couple of scores), then the teeth really come out.

Hang in there, you'll get used to it.

23. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I concur Dru If you come out of your comfort zone with this game it tears you a new one. Momentum is a bitch in this game. If you lose it forget it.

24. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I played my game last night but didn't have time to report. I'll add a quick summary when I get home this evening.

25. Dru50

I learned that the hard way in the first season in Climb the Ladder. I use TAMU in that dynasty, and was not used to playing with a team that didn't have a good passing quarter or good receivers. I tried using my normal offense (Oklahoma playbook) and throwing about 60% of the time. I met up with Oklahoma St and they shredded me, 44-7. I started ok, but threw 1 pick, fell down by 14, then the route was on. Dropped passes, tipped passes, no defense.

In my experience, if you play conservatively against the CPU, you can move the ball consistently and wait for the inevitable blitz to get your big play. Dictating play to the CPU is tough, since it knows your play and calls a defense accordingly.