Season 1 - Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

[​IMG]

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #25 Arizona State Sun Devils (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sun Devils will host UNLV (0-0).

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks will host Fresno State (0-0).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Beavers will host FCS West .

=============== USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Trojans will host Minnesota (0-0).

=============== #20 Florida Gators (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Gators will host Florida Atlantic (0-0).

=============== #4 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers will host Baylor (0-0).

=============== #16 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host FCS Southeast .

=============== Georgia Bulldogs (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #8 Boise State (0-0).

=============== #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Akron (0-0).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Starting next week I'll bring back the good ol' gameday

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bl0ndeRedHead

And goddamn it feels good to play an OD game in NCAA 12, just started my first one

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

[​IMG] 0 (0-1)|(1-0)37 [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

With a revamped look and sharp black jerseys donned to open the season, Arizona State running backs Cameron Marshall and Deantre Lewis both went over 100 yards rushing and Lewis added 2 rushing TDs to lead the Sun Devils to an easy victory over the hapless Rebels of UNLV, who only put up 104 yards of offense the whole game. Sun Devil QB Brock Osweiler did well going 14/21 for 152 yards and a TD with no INTs, while UNLV QB Caleb Henning was dreadful. He went 3/11 with 41 yards and 7 rushing yards and was sacked 5 times, but his backup Nick Sherry came in and threw the lone INT of the day. The real star of the game though was MLB Vontez Burfict of ASU. He had a monstrous game with 6 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks, and a fumble recovery for a TD in the Devils complete domination of UNLV.​

The Sun Devils got going early, taking the first drive of the game 80 yards for a touchdown on a short Deantre Lewis run. UNLV's most effective drive was their first one, as the Runnin' Rebels got inside the ASU 30 yard line before failing to convert on a 4th down try, giving the ball back to the Devils who managed a FG to start the 2nd quarter. Vontaze Burfict would then return a UNLV fumble 67 yards for a touchdown on the ensuing Rebel drive, and a late FG by the Sun Devils before half gave them a 20-0 lead heading into the locker room.​

The Sun Devils came out firing on all cylinders in the 3rd, with Osweiler leading 2 touchdown drives and a third drive for a FG before he was given the 4th quarter off to let backup Taylor Kelly take some snaps. With ASU up 37-0 early on in the 4th, the defense held UNLV scoreless with several 4th quarter stops, and the Sun Devils felt content to run out the clock and get ready to take on a ranked Missouri Tiger team next Saturday right back here in Tempe, AZ.​

[​IMG]

Passing
    B. Osweiler - 14/21, 152 YDS, TD
    C. Henning - 3/11, 41 YDS

Rushing
    C. Marshall - 18 CAR, 104 YDS
    D. Lewis - 9 CAR, 100 YDS, 2TD
    T. Cornett - 14 CAR, 51 YDS

Receiving
    T. Simpson - 5 REC, 45 YDS, TD
    M. Willie - 3 REC, 39 YDS
    G. Robinson - 3 REC, 46 YDS
    T. Mays - 2 REC, 33 YDS

Defensive
    V. Burfict - 6 TKLS, 3 TFL, 2 SKS, FR, DEF TD
    B. Magee - 6 TKLS, TFL, SK, FF
    W. Sutton - 6 TKLS, TFL, 1.5 SKS, FF
    J. Therrell - 9 TKLS, 2 TFL, SK

[​IMG]

5. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ohio State Goes 'Special' On Akron
    Two special team TD's and fumble return for TD lead Buckeyes to 52-24 romp

[​IMG]

One wouldn't describe it as pretty but Ohio State managed to make less mistakes than Akron in their 52-24 win at the Horseshoe. True Freshman QB Braxton Miller struggled at times but the Buckeye running game and special teams provided enough firepower in the teams first game of the season. Following a slow start, OSU was jumpstarted early in the 2nd quarter as Safety C.J. Barnett lit up a run play, causing a fumble, scooping it up, and taking it in for the lone defensive TD of the day. The defense was shaky at times giving up TD's of 69, 33, and 61 yards respectively. Despite this, the defense managed to record 11 sacks against two different Akron QB's. "We knew going into the game that Akron was aggressive in the passing game, we felt we could get through their O-Line and disrupt a few of them," said John Simon, who recorded 4 sacks of his own.​

Miller, who finished just 10-25 passing for 150 yards was helped out in large part by Senior RB, Boom Herron who scampered for 171 yards on 17 carries and tallied 2 TD's. Helping out the scoring effort was fellow RB's Jamaal Berry and Jordan Hall. Both turned in a rushing TD apiece but their largest impact was felt in the return game. Early in the 3rd quarter, Hall took a punt 84 yards to the house to record the Buckeyes first special teams TD on the young season. Not wanting to feel outdone, Berry took a Zips kickoff in the 4th, 92 yards to put Ohio State ahead 38-17.​

For the day, Ohio State managed 364 yards of total offense and 298 yards in the return game. "Jamaal and I expect to take every kick or punt we receive to the house," said Hall. "We helped out the guys today, it was fun out there."​

The Buckeyes will have a bye in Week 2 before they travel to Miami to face the Hurricanes in what is sure to be an early test.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Let the growing pains of Braxton Miller begin lol

7. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

His accuracy is terrible. I have a RTG QB who has an ACC of 99 and I'm used to just leading passes out there to receivers with no problems. Needless to say, that strategy doesn't translate over to Braxton. Passing is going to be difficult. To be honest, I may go with Bauserman going forward. Much better ACC and I don't run out of the pocket much anyways which is the huge benefit that Braxton has.

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Ya I'm not a huge fan of the scrambling types. I love Osweiler at ASU with his 91THP 88THAC with enough speed to leave the pocket if need be.

9. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

USC beats Minnesota 36-22 in a nice opening day victory for Kiffin.
    Marc Tyler and Dillion Baxter combined for over 200 yards and 3 TDs showing the world a new 2 headed monster in southern cal. Matt Barkley was quite yer effective going 19-25 with a TD and 1 int.

The USC defense showed growth in Kiffin's cover 2 scheme bending but not breaking while forcing a fumble for a TD.

When reached after the game Lane had to say "Its a nice game 1, but to be where I envision this program, we have to work harder"

10. Tretrain26

Tretrain26 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eugene, OR--

Ducks win after strong performances by LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner. James ripped off 3 runs of over 40 yards on his way to more than 230 yards rushing in 3 quarters of play against
    the Bulldogs. Barner’s return skills exposed the ‘Dogs kick coverage time and time again. He went the distance twice on kickoff returns threw in a PR TD for good measure. KB had a second PR TD that was called back due to holding. The bad news for the Ducks is that this cakewalk did little to prepare them for next week’s showdown against a high-powered LSU team.

11. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] 41​

[​IMG] 28

Death Valley left in shock, clear that Jordan Jefferson will not be able to get LSU to the next level​

Heading into the game, LSU saw Baylor as a easy win and a warm up for SEC play. LSU took a 14-7 lead into halftime but the 3rd quarter is when it all fell apart of the Tigers as Baylor scored 21 unanswered points to take the lead and never looked back. LSU commited 3 turnovers with two of them being committed by SR QB Jordan Jefferson. Jefferson also did not make the throws when he needed to and LSU often went 3 and out because of that. Baylor simply showed up to play and LSU did not. LSU committed 8 penalties for 55 yards, much of them holding on key plays when LSU would pick up the 1st down. Jordan Jefferson completed 13 of 23 passes for 209 yards for zero touchdowns and one interception which led to Baylor points. Sophomore RB Spencer Ware was the bright spot as he rushed for 22 times for 108 yards and 1 TD. LSU will take on #5 Oregon. LSU very well could start out 0-2.​

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Tough break. I have a feeling we will see a whole lot more CPU losses this year in NCAA

13. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

I was pissed. Last night before my power went out I had a 17 point lead with 3 minutes left to. Sigh.

14. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    The Beavers Stomp FCS West 61 - 7. A little busy right at the moment with work. going forward i will have a decent writeup when i play real programs :)

Have a great weekend boys

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

I see all of you have finished, so let's get some recaps up!

16. mboda

mboda Walk On

[​IMG]

Nebraska easily dominates FSC Southeast 54-3 behind a strong running game led by Rex Burkhead and Aaron Green, who combined for 226 yards and 4 touchdowns. FCS SE got on the board in the first quarter with a FG to tie the game at 3, Nebraska would score the next 51 points and cruise to an easy victory.

Next week Nebraska travels into the swamp to take on the Florida Gators in a huge early season matchup.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sreese

sreese Walk On

Can someone teach me or show me a link, that explains how to post the videos and photos. Im loving the recaps that have all of that added. Mine just feel like words, words , words, lol. thanks

Florida 31
    FAU 10

It wasnt an easy day for the gators. The offense sputtered early and defense seemed to be under some magical haze of FAU qb Fooi. Sadly for Fooi, who ended up being sacked 12 times in the game, the Swamp woke up the gators as they rolled over FAU 31-10. It was 14-7 with :40 to play in the 1st half when Demps broke a run off the right side for 94 big ones and paydirt. The second half was all gators defense allowing only a field goal after a Brantley int. Nebraska visits the Swamp next week!!!

18. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Upload your pics to photo bucket and your vids to you tube

Bl0ndeRedHead i am sure there is a FAQ about this some where on TF....

• Like Like x 1
  19. sreese

sreese Walk On

is photobucket a program? thanks for your help and time.

This is probably elementary level question but how do i download my videos to youtube? i tried to right click but that got me no where.

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

Alright man, I'll try and make this as easy as possible for you lol.

Uploading videos is pretty simple, just follow this video (remember, after the game go to "highlights" and save whichever videos you want in-game.

As far as the photos you see, it's very similar to getting a video on youtube. AFTER you get back to the dynasty menu when your game is over (and assuming you saved some pictures) go to the left under "My EA/dynasty" something like that, and click on the highlights tab, then click on the game you just played. It should bring up the photos from the game you just played. Save them again (this time it's saving it to your media hub on ea.com) and go to your EA account and go to where you went to view your videos. Save the photos to your computer (the photos automatically get deleted when you upload new ones, so copying the IMG URL from there would only show the photos for a couple days before they wouldn't show up on here anymore) and then either get a photobucket or flickr account (google them) and upload your photos to there before linking them here. Or just save them to your CPU and click "Upload a File" on here when you are posting.

As for the helmets, logos, banners, and all that jazz, former member TEClemson53 made a website with logos and such that I could use for GameDay threads, and it has bloomed into the best logo site for NCAA football imo. That is here: www.teclemson53.webs.com

21. Tretrain26

Tretrain26 Walk On

22. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

(y)

If you guys have any ideas for new stuff or need other graphics let me know

23. Bl0ndeRedHead

Think you can change the small ASU icon (the square one with Sparky) to the new pitchfork logo?

24. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Week 1 was simply a Dominant Performance for the Dawgs.... After a 34-7 shellacking of America's Sweetheart Boise State Broncos. The Bulldogs have high expectations for the coming season. The Dawgs were powered by a formidable rushing attack and strong Defense. The Dawgs were led by True Freshman RB Isiah Crowell. Crowell finished with 136 yards rushing and 2 tds and the Dawgs were just to much up front for the Broncos. It was another day at the office for QB Aaron Murray as he completed 14 of 20 passes for 177 yards and a touchdown. Defensively, the Bulldogs pressured Kellen Moore and pressed the Boise Wrs into oblivion. The Bulldogs will travel to Columbia South Carolina next week for a showdown with the Gamecocks. In a game with early SEC implications, look for one of these teams to win the SEC

Georgia 34
    Boise St 7