Season 1 - Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #23 Missouri Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers will host UTEP (0-0).

=============== Pittsburgh Panthers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Panthers travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (0-0).

=============== Syracuse Orange (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Orange will host Wake Forest (0-0).

=============== #9 Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies will host SMU (0-0).

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Red Raiders will host Tulane (0-0).

=============== USF Bulls (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bulls are idle.

=============== Baylor Bears (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bears are idle.

=============== Cincinnati Bearcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bearcats will host Ohio (0-0).

=============== #14 TCU Horned Frogs (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Horned Frogs are idle.

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

bucsfan047 has joined as Louisville, welcome him, he is our 11th guy because Legacy had his XBL scrip run out and can't afford to renew it.

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

gtstang86

Accept your invite ASAP please, you were the only one who's schedule I couldn't edit

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

TAMU - 35
    SMU - 17

The Aggies survive a close one with SMU. You wouldn't know it by the final score, but going into the 4th quarter Texas A&M was only up 21-17, needing 2 touchdowns in the final frame to pull away from the pesty Mustangs and Kyle Padron. Padron put up huge numbers for SMU and their shotgun spread, going 28/47 for 401 yards, with 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Those picks were costly though, with both coming in the red zone when SMU was about to score. TAMU QB Ryan Tannehill threw an INT early, but got progressively better throughout the game, finishing 16/24 for 247 yards with 3 TDs and an INT, and 30 rushing yards. WRs Fuller and Swope were both huge, each with 75 yards receiving, and both with TDs (Fuller with 2). The real stars though were in my backfield. HBs Cyrus Gray and Christine Michael combined for 236 yards on 28 carries, with Christine Michael putting up the big numbers. He had 11 carries for 141 yards and both rushing TDs for the Aggies. Next week Texas A&M gets to rest before traveling to Fayetteville to take on their hated rivals, the Arkansas Razorbacks.

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Can't afford the $50 a year? Damn, he must be broke....

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

We can't all be rich like you...

7. fuzzyl0gic

TTU - 34
    Tulane - 21

Red Raiders get first win of the season with a balanced attack

Texas Tech dominated most of this game, but the defense did give up some big plays in the 4th quarter, which allowed Tulane to sneak back in it with two TDs. Tulane would receive the ball first, and they had a nice drive going down the field, until FS DJ Johnson made a read on a pass, and jumped in the air to make the interception and give his team the ball. They marched down the field with ease, and Doege threw his first TD of the game to WR Austin Zouzalik (8 yds).

Texas Tech's defense made a stop, and they marched down the field again; this time it was HB Eric Stephens who ran it in for the score. Tulane responded with a 14 yard TD pass, and TTU tacked on a FG before ending the first quarter. In the second quarter, TTU's backup HB Aaron Crawford ran it in from the 1 yard line. Those were the only points scored in the quarter. The Red Raiders had a 27-7 lead going into half-time.

The freshman QB Scotty Young was called upon to lead the Tech offense in the second half, as there is currently a battle for the starting position. He made some good throws, but did throw 1 pick as he was taking a sack and his pass was deflected in the air. The only points in the third came from a Tech FG, increasing the lead to 27-7 going into the fourth. Tulane would put 14 consecutive points on the board after the turnover committed by Young, but TTU responded with a long TD drive capped off by another Stephens TD to end the game.

Stats
    S. Doege 10/19 161 yds 2 TDs 1 INT
    S. Young 13/21 148 yds 0 TDs 1 INT

E. Stephens 20 86 yds 2 TDs
    A. Crawford 3 11 yds 1 TD

A. Zouzalik 7 89 yds 1 TD
    T. Swindall 3 65 yds
    A. Torres 3 59 yds
    A. James 3 43 yds
    J. Franks 3 27 yds
    E. Stephens 2 9 yds 1 TD

DJ Johnson 3 tackles 1 INT
    J. Phillips 3 tackles 1 INT
    D. Mays 4 tackles 1 sack
    A. Barr 2 tackles 1 sack
    L. Mackey 4 tackles 1 sack

8. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

13 52 mizzou.jpg
    wk1b.jpg

wk1.jpg

Missouri Cruises to First Win
    The Missouri Tigers started the season with a bang by routing the Miner of University of Texas - El Paso. Patza started out conservative, establishing the running game with RB Lawrence. After a productive opening drive, QB James Franklin ran it in from 9 yards out. Missouri defense held strong all day, only giving up 2 FGs the entire game. UTEPs only touchdown came as Lawrence broke free and was hit and was forced to fumble thats was returned 39 yards into the endzone.

Missouri used a balanced attack to put UTEP away. Franklin had 203 passing yards 17/23 with 2 TDs and 0 INTs. TE Egnew had a brilliant game with 9 grabs for 185 yards. Lawrence rushed for 211 yards. Lawrence had most of his yards off three long runs in the 4th quarter as Missouri broka the game open with 28 points in the period.​

wk1a.jpg

Coach Patza said he liked what he say from his team stating that although the score was out of reach the team played less than stellar and will have to do better, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively, though, he said the team started to click on all cylinders towards the end of the game. That will be important as the Tigers have an away game vs TCU.​

"It'll be tough (the game vs TCU) but we have a bye week to get our act together before we go down there. Hopefully they're ready, cause we are coming to whoop some ass..", said Patza.​

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Defense Absent in Loss to Wake Forest

Despite scoring 49 points and gaining over 600 yards, Syracuse loses as its defense is unable to stop Wake Forest. After scoring the go-ahead touchdown with a mere 1:34 left in the game, Syracuse seemed poised to win. Instead, Wake Forest was able to march the length of the field to tie the game with 27 seconds left and win it in the third overtime 58-49.

The Demon Deacons exploited the inexperienced Syracuse corners to the tune of 344 passing yards and 4 touchdown. Although the Demon Deacons' running game was held in check all afternoon, the inability of the defense to make key stops allowed Wake Forest to stay in the game, and eventually win it in the end. One of the lone bright spots for the Syracuse defense was the play of middle line backer Marquis Spruill, who recorded 10 total tackles (8 solo) and returned an interception for a touchdown.

Nevertheless, the Syracuse defense is hardly the only one to blame for the loss as the Syracuse offense also made its share of mistakes. Quarterback Ryan Nassib commited five total turnovers in the loss, two of which were returned for touchdowns. However, it was apparent that the offensive line's inability to pass protect forced Nassib into many inaccurate and hurried throws. Antwon Bailey rushed for 213 yards on 24 carries, but the inconsistency of the passing game, prevented Syracuse from scoring at will.

10. fuzzyl0gic

Come on slackers, it's been 48+ hours. Who hasn't finished?

Bl0ndeRedHead let's get some advance deadlines up in this bitch, stoner.

11. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

No take as long as u need!

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

a. It's been approximately 36 since I advanced until your post
    b. I do what I want, you do what you're told

13. fuzzyl0gic

I thought it said 10:18 AM asshat

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

You're begging for a week 2 suspension coach

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Oh boy...Blonde putting on the big boy pants

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

I put 'em on one leg at a time, just like everyone else

17. fuzzyl0gic

:doodie:

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

19. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

@SDMDTSU when is good for you to get your ass handed to you in week 2? Tomorrow night good?

20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Playing it right now. Sorry work has been a bitch

21. Bl0ndeRedHead

No problem, I'm working late so advance isn't until tomorrow morning anyway

22. fuzzyl0gic

swag

23. Bl0ndeRedHead

Well I could advance from my CPU but that doesn't give a weekly update thread

24. fuzzyl0gic

I say do it so I can play my CPU game right now because I'm bored. But it's up to you, this time.

25. Bl0ndeRedHead

You're lucky I'm a nice guy, advancing now.

• Like Like x 1