Season 1 - Week 10 is here!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Sep 15, 2009.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Season 1 - Week 10 is here!

Some moves obviously because of my lose against Oregon. Some interesting games coming up soon that will decide several people's chances at a national championship.

And yes, the Heisman race seems INCREDIBLY lopsided towards Tebow and McCoy and I don't know why. I blame aliens.

No user vs user games this week so it should be a pretty quick week.

Deadline for this week is Friday, September 18th

USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    Maxattax34 #6 Oregon 7-1 (5-0) @ Stanford - -
    MorsDraconis #8 USC 6-1 (4-1) @ Arizona State - -
    Sixthdis108 #23 Ohio State 5-3 (3-2) @ #24 Penn State - -
    Bondzai007 Michigan 4-5 (3-2) #25 Purdue - -
    Papa Perry #1 Alabama 7-0 (5-0) #18 LSU - -
    castortroy4206 #4 Oklahoma 7-1 (4-0) @ #22 Nebraska - -
    Beazus Christ #13 Miami 6-2 (4-1) Virginia - -
    KnighNoles #2 Florida State 8-0 (5-0) @ Clemson - -
    bravejaf #5 Florida 8-1 (6-0) Vanderbilt - -
    MaslerBoros16 #7 Texas 7-1 (4-1) Ole Miss - -

User vs User Games

None

Users in BCS Polls

Rank LW Name/Votes Wins Losses Points
    1​
    3​
    Alabama/Papa Perry
    7​
    0​
    2​
    2​
    Florida State/KnighNoles
    8​
    0​
    4​
    8​
    Oregon/Maxattax34
    7​
    1​
    5​
    6​
    Florida/bravejaf
    8​
    1​
    6​
    4​
    Oklahoma/castortroy
    7​
    1​
    7​
    7​
    Texas/MaslerBoros16
    7​
    1​
    8​
    1​
    USC/morsdraconis
    6​
    1​
    11​
    13​
    Miami/Beazus Christ
    6​
    2​
    23​
    24​
    Ohio State/Sixthdis108
    5​
    3​

Heisman Watch

Player POS Team Movement
    Tim Tebow QB Florida
    -​
    Colt McCoy QB Texas
    -​
    Aldarius Johnson WR Miami
    Up​
    Julio Jones WR Alabama
    Down​
    Jermaine Thomas HB Florida State
    Up​

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

How did I beat down Kansas St. by half a hundred and drop 2 freaking spots...wtf? I can kinda see Max jumping me because he just beat #1 I guess. I've beat like 3 top 5 teams but it is what it is. I might re jump him this week for beating a ranked opponent if I win. Florida shouldn't be ranked ahead of me, I beat them by three scores....I vote for a playoff!!!!! (y)

Either way the next 4 weeks should be very exciting. This dynasty is very very interesting to me. Good job Mors.

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

remember back in the early ncaa when you could choose a playoff? that was awesome.

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It's actually quite interesting that you bring that up.

I've had some serious thought about making it a playoff of the top 8 in the BCS at the end of the year and people play them online.

What I could do is take the current roster file that I used (from RomanCaesar) and make a new dynasty and change the schedule up to where the two users are scheduled to play for the first game of the season (like TF did for the competition they had at the beginning of the year).

Then we'd do the same thing for each matchup, making a new dynasty for each one and if it happened to be two teams that were playing during the regular season, then we'd just sim it to that game (with injuries turned off and all that) and go from there.

Obviously, you'd be required to remove from your depth chart any players that were actually injured at the end of this season.

Then, for next season, I'd save the dynasty offline at the beginning of the preseason and have it set aside for us to use the next season so that we can again have this little playoff to have a REAL National Champion.

Thoughts?

5. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

I wouldn't make it because of my computer loses ... Womp Womp

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Well dont speak too soon, because you have an extra game over Oregon in the Big 12 Championship then the other 3 teams # 1,2,5 have conference championships too. # 1 and # 5 play eachother so one of them has to lose

7. KnightNoles

I do like playoff in the real game, but Im good with keeping the polls and that the regular season is the playoff.

Plus how much work would the require going through that process and would we lose recruits and stats?

8. Papa Perry

For the benefit of just adding some extra interest to the dynasty this would be a good idea. But it wouldn't help anyone's recruiting and winning the National Title helps recruiting. We could do it and have a BCS Natioanl Champion and a Coast2Coast Tournament National Champion. It would be a nice experimental process. And the winner of the tournament could get something like a bonus 5* or something like that. With the new recruits coming in the offseason this would really help

9. BDSDIGITAL

that's a complex idea right there...How would we factor in our recruited players in year 3 or 4? I'm sure there's a way. Perry's right about the recruiting though. Also with the way the standings shake out there should be 3 or 4 user bcs bowl games anyway which would be really cool.. I'm all for a playoff in real life though...

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

All I have to do to make the championship game is beat the top 2 teams in the league, Bama and FSU. Assuming I win those games I should jump Oregon, but winning both games will be extremely difficult.

11. BDSDIGITAL

One of the things I like about this league the most is the playoff atmosphere for these difficult games all year long...a loss is crippling, two and you're done. Also with the way we have the conferences set up that one inner conference game is absolutely a must win....makes it pretty intense...but a playoff would be too.

12. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

ARGH!! Servers went down after my epic 4 OT game vs. Penn State 53-47!! Shit...

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

did you get the results in?

servers are acting up extra shitty today for me too

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It wouldn't be that much extra effort.

I'd just be creating new dynasties and inviting in the one or two people that need to play a game, they play it, and then we move on.

Obviously, we'd have the first 4 games all going at the same time (4 new dynasties all up with their game to play) and then the winners of those would move on to play the next two games and so on.

Sure, it wouldn't affect recruiting at all in our dynasty, but, as someone else suggested, it could add incentive, bragging rights, and maybe a little bit extra here or there (I have a few ideas to make it that much more interesting).

But, if you guys just wanna play the bowl games and move on to the next season, then we can do that too.

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

That sounds fun but I am already in 5 dynasties! Maybe we could start that next season? Ill quit one though if/when we decide to do that.

16. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It wouldn't be any different than just a extra 1 to 3 games. It's not like it's a whole new dynasty or something.

17. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Is it just me or did the computer get A LOT harder or something?

I just played Arizona State and while I did beat them 38-7 (and that 7 points was complete bullshit because my SS decided to vacate his deep zone like a fuckin' moron and try to intercept the ball even though I clearly had gameplanning set to normal) I threw 5 fuckin' interceptions!

Corp threw 3 of them before I sat his ass down in favor of backup Dave Mustin. Mustin comes in, goes 10-11 before "boom!" once again, total bullshit interception where the guy acts like he's fuckin' psychic and completely vacates his deep zone to step in front of my WR who is wide open in the middle of the endzone on a slant route from about 15 yards out.

Mustin ended the game 11-15 with two fuckin' interceptions. I mean WTF?

And GOOD GOD the penalties. How does it go from occasionally calling holding calls to calling them 10 TIMES between myself and the computer? Jesus christ. I may have to tone down what I have the holding calls set to.

18. KnightNoles

Well I thought you could only host 1 dynasty? Would you do it on another name? I get the concept but Im with Troy, we have 2 teams in each conference and had OOC games. I like the idea but I like stuff as close to real life that it can be.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I agree with KnighNoles and Troy, it sounds like a good idea but I think we should stick to traditional format. Also, I am in the same boat as MaxAttax. I am in five dynasties on 360, which is the maximum number you can join. I can't even use the multiple name trick I did last year with PS3, since you need to pay for access to Live.

20. Papa Perry

I only had 3 penalties in my game but it was the first 3 plays so i put my team on conservative play on until we got rolling. Now LSU got 4 and they just played overly aggresive on 2 of them. I got a late hit on McElroy and Chad Jones basically tackled Julio on a pass interference call

21. KnightNoles

Troy what happened man?

22. BDSDIGITAL

I got called for about 15 penalties and Nebraska was just jumping routes like they were in my huddle. I had 1st and 47 at one point after 5 consecutive holding calls. I had my gameplan on balanced as usual. Someone turned the penalties way up and the ai way up is what happened. Which isn't a big deal, I just wish I would've known. They played on a whole different speed than what the ai usually plays on.

23. BDSDIGITAL

I don't think the ai just get's alot harder, with 10 x the penalties by itself..not across the board. I could see that i like one game if it's a rivalry game or something, but to all users...??

24. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I gave up over 180 yards in penalties and they were almost all holding. I stopped doing slide protection and set my o-line to conservative and I was still getting railed. Stanford had over 100yards of penalties also. I did have one of my best statistical games through the air with Masoli though...

On one of Stanford's drives I got called for (4) 15 yard penalties.

25. Papa Perry

I think it's the fact that there possibly is an upset or scare factor in the game. Look back at my Arkansas game in my summaries. I couldn't get anything right but I pulled out the win in a "scare" game. I beleive EA actually could have implemented some real life situations into the dynasty and never told us. I mean isn't there an upset or close-call nearly every week in college football? Even if I finish undefeated and win the NC, I'll still have to look back on that game and ask myself what happened.

As far as the penalties go that factors in to upsets, but the penalties are never spread out it seems