Season 1 - Week 11

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PIG BOMB, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Game summaries---- write 'em up fellas!!

2. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Talk about a crazy end to the first half!!

Teams combine for 28 points in the last 1:30 of the first half!

After a FG by Ball State and a TD by Central the second quarter was winding down with 3 1/2 to go.
    Ball State put a drive together and scored with 1:28 to go, via a 3yd run by Banks.
    After the kick and only 18 seconds after Bal State scored Central went deep and found Kinville for a 60yd TD pass.

Ball State gets a great kick return and bingo Snead gets open and takes it 44yds to the house.
    31-24 Ball State and they kick off with 51 seconds to go.
    Central QB Kater is picked off and Ball State goes straight up top with a 34 pass Wenning to Smith for the TD.
    31-24 at the half.

In the second half the offense went away with Ball State putting up 17 more and Central only 7.

Final score 48-31 Ball State wins it!

Ball State QB Wenning went 18/25 408 yards 3 TD's, 2 INT's
    Snead caught 7 balls for 2 TD's and 205 yards
    Fakes 3 for 98
    Smith 4 for 68 and a TD
    Ryan 3 for 27
    Turner 1 for 10

on the ground Banks carried the load with 24 carries 83 yards and 2 TD's

[​IMG]

3. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

4. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

DEADLINE IS SUNDAY 9:00 AM EASTERN

5. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

image.jpg

Ohio wins 55-17.

When asked why Coach Gemmabelli feels the need to run up the score on other teams, he had this to say:

"The score is what the score is. The majority of our starters haven't played the second half of a game in while. Although Boykin is a great player and sees time early in games, he is our second string back, and moves into the first string slot when we pull the starters. We just run our offense and if we score we score. We're not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, and the idea that we're padding stats is ludicrous. Only one of our players is even a semifinalist for any award, and that player, Donte Foster, had a grand total of 68 yards and 1 touchdown in this game. We lead the country in rushing yards by 600 yards, and have the 6th lowest total passing yards in the country. Another MAC team leads the country in passing yards by 500 yards and has the 7th lowest total of rushing yards in the country. Just amongst the teams that have been declared "user" teams, we have no player leading in ANY statistical category, except for qb rating, which is basically meaningless when our QB has thrown for about one third as many yards as pretty much every other starter. We have scored 19 rushing touchdowns this year with starters and 16 rushing touchdowns this year with backups. In addition, the notion that we score 70 points per game, or have even had more than one 70 point game this season, is unfounded in statistics that are readily available to all. We had one 70 point game this year against ODU, with a margin of victory of 35 points. 5-4 Washington State beat the same ODU team by 38 points, and 4-4 New Mexico State beat them by 34 points. ODU has also lost FOUR games this year to FCS teams, so maybe the blame of our 70 points doesn't lie entirely with us. Other than that game we have had only 3 games with more than 50 points scored, and no game with more than 56 scored. If a team's ppg stat had any bearing on any awards or anything at all that would be news to me, so I have routinely allowed my backups to run my system without forcing them to do unorthodox things like dive into ground if they happen to break. I have also kneeled out the clock in over half of my games.

But sometimes it's not numbers that lead to accusations of stat padding and running up the score, it's success. While we will continue to be successful on the field by playing solid, turnover free football ( it's no coincidence that the only undefeated "user" team is also the only one with a positive turnover ratio ), we will now make it our policy to chew the clock in the second half, taking up most of the time left in the game with one or two of our patented and routine 7 minute ( 15 minute ) drives if we are leading by as few as 14 points going into the second half, to avoid once and for all any confusion about our intentions being to do anything other than to win championships with a complete team effort, until such time that the powers that be begin to believe that our lengthy second half drives are in some way helping us win games that we "shouldn't" win, at which point we will begin to kneel three times and punt on every drive that we lead by at least 14.

Other than intentionally giving the ball back to the other team or taking only calculated short gains for which the runner ends the play before he is tackled, I don't see a whole lot of ways for an offense that is humming to avoid scoring in the fourth quarter when it gets the ball back with 4+ ( 8-9 ) minutes of time left on the clock.

Although that is a pretty crappy way to reward our fans, who wait in anticipation for days for most games, and attend the games in lieu of spending time with their families, we have and will continue to do anything in our power to assure the powers that be and the rest of the teams in the country that the bobcats are just better than anyone expected us to be, and to avoid any more accusations of unfair play. "

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  6. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

Coach Gemmabelli also wanted to point out that the combined opponent record of the Bobcats is 36-68, and that their schedule includes not one but TWO teams that are winless thus far this season. He would also like to point out that in the 5 major statistics that a "user" player leads the country in: passing yards, rushing attempts, rushing yards, rushing touchdowns, and sacks... Not one of those categories is led by a bobcat. And finally that Donte Foster, with his 7th in line semi finalist nomination for the Biletnikoff award, is one of 18 total nominations for players from "user" teams, and has the highest overall rating of all the "user" players who are currently nominated, which is another reason why Coach Gemmabelli is dumbfounded by any stat padding accusations thrown his way. Also, for fun, Bobcat HB Beau Blankenship is averaging 9.2 yards per carry this year on 102 carries... Coach would like to point out that if he was into padding stats, and had given Blankenship 222 carries thus far, which would tie him for the most carries in the country, Blankenship would currently be at 2042 yards for the season and poised to break the ncaa record for rushing yards in a season. Instead, the stat padding Bobcats have 4 players with 400 or more rushing yards so far, 7 (almost 8) players with 100 or more rushing yards this season, and have had TEN different players score rushing touchdowns this season and have had 13 different players carry the ball. The next closest among user teams is Air Force with 8 and 12, and after that there are a couple of teams with 4 and 8.

As far as user vs user games go Coach would like to point out that in the only blowout victory for Ohio, all 35 points were scored in the first half, and that the second half ended with one drive per team as both chewed the clock and ended the game on good terms.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  7. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Sorry I've been slacking. School started this week, so it's been a hectic week.

8. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

"the score is what the score is." <- Not in the world of video game football.

at TSO running up the score is simply not allowed - it's considered unsportsmanlike

there may also be scenarios in the future when coaches are with better teams recruiting for the best players and trying to win awards where an extra TD here or there makes a difference- thus we just don't do it when it can be avoided - i'm sure everyone has seen a team pound the ball right up the gut 3 times and punt or kick a FG to avoid running up the score in real life

nobody accused anyone of unfair play - the warning was for sportsmanship and running up the score

part of this is also to protect the computer teams- they don't always act like real teams that might also chew clock when getting killed just to get it over

9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

last game I was up 41-10 I scored 0 in the 4th not hard to do especially in a 7 min qtr game.

multiple times I've knelt in the redzone to end games.

10. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

Yeah so have I, but if one of those runs breaks and I've already got my second team in I'm not going to dive into the ground. I went into pretty deep detail about the stats. Nobody worry all of your awards are safe. Not one of my guys is in position to even be a finalist for any of them. And don't worry I'm going to go water boy style from now on. 3 kneels and a punt as long as I'm up by two scores so I can make sure nobody's feelings get hurt by my 2nd and 3rd stringers.

11. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

nobody is worried about awards this season- and what you are saying is a bit over the top

it's the principle here

we don't run it up at TSO if it can be avoided because it is video game football in a league with friends not real life

with a 1:15 to go up by 31 points im sure you can find a way not to run in another TD against the computer
    otherwise you are getting into that "running it up" area that is frowned upon here

personally i have no problem with blowouts - but i abide by the site rules and do my best to avoid it

12. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

Yeah I could have avoided it by diving into the dirt once I saw it open up. I can't make myself do that kind of stuff though so I'm just going to avoid being in that situation from now on so everyone else can be happy and so I don't get kicked out for my backups scoring points.

13. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

Also, you never replied to our conversation, but I did find the .pdf file of my triple playbook from LR if you still wanted to have a look so you can learn about how I think about my offense. Anyone else is welcome to it as well if they're interested. Some of the pages are out of order because my wife scanned it in at her work but it's all there. It's exactly the same as Paul Johnson's except where the triple is 12-13 in Johnson's it is 34-35 in the playbook I have. Our OC changed his terminology to match what was in place before him when he came in but he came off the Johnson tree.

Quattro

14. | DedStaar |

| DedStaar | Walk On

recap.PNG

Hawaii gets it done again with another strong performance from Joey Iosefa. The biggest improvement this week was with QB Jeremy Higgins who finally learned how to pass the rock this week. The Warriors would also get a fumble recovery for a TD from OLD Kalamani Alo.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

SJSU Blows 4th quarter Lead, Come Back to Win against SDSU 35-32

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.