Season 1, Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NoleNBlue, Sep 6, 2010.

1. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Season 1, Week 11

BYU-7
    Colorado State-41

CSU avenged a miserable sim loss last week to SDSU by running roughshod over the Mormons. Leonard Mason and John Mosure both eclipsed the century mark and combined for 4 rushing TD's. Mason also added a TD pass. BYU is turrible without Max Hall at QB.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Wyoming 19
    UNLV 21

The Rebels escaped with their lives in this one. I don't have the stats, I'm at work and the Dynasty wire doesn't work here. Anyway, close game that came right down to the wire. The Rebels had 14-3 lead at the half, behind some nice passing by QB Omar Clayton. The Cowboys pulled to 14-10 and on UNLV's next possesion, Clayton forced a option pitch which was intercepted by the Wyoming defense. The Rebels held their ground and forced a field goal. UNLV went down the field and scored another TD. Wyoming was able to score a late touchdown, shredding the Rebels prevent defense. Fortunately, UNLV was able to knock down the pass on the 2pt attempt. Great game uncleho. I get a little silver lining on a dismal season.

3. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Yeah you played a great game dakota, holding me to two field goals when I got to the redzone really killed our chances. Here is my game write-up for it.

Quick QB Stats:
    UNLV QB Omar Clayton was 13/19 for 198 yards 3 TD's, 1 INT, and 1 fumble.
    Wyoming QB Austyn Carta-Samuels was 21/33 for 306 yards and 2 TD's.

Both QB's spread the ball around pretty effectively.

4. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

USM: 34 UCF: 21

This was a huge game for the Golden Eagles, going into the Knights back yard to take on a very tough UCF team coached by Coach Bondzai, a verteran of the TF wars! The Eagles featured the running game of Desmond Johnson and Tracey Lampley and aerial attack of DeAndre Brown and Jim Massey but the defense would make the difference in this game, with alot of help from the CPU.

QB Austin Davis played a conservative game and went 6/9 for 92 yards and 1 td. Desmond Johnson controlled the ball and had 27 carries for 125 yards and 2 tds, but the sory of the day was the 5 TOs by the Knights in the first half to allow the Eagles to get a big lead, that was almost caught by a furious Knight rally.

MLB Korey Williams led the D with 8 tackles and 1 tfl. RE Cordero Law had 4 tackles, 2 tfl and 2 sacks. CB CJ Bailey had 3 tackles and 2 ints. Looking forward to a rematch next season! Great game Coach Bond!

5. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Hawaii 21 (#16)SMU 11

Hawaii pulls off the Major upset at SMU. Marcman777 IS BACK! This was all D as i still can't put a pass anywhere near my receivers and my backs can't get more than 2 ypc. 1st Quarter was scoreless and a Defensive Battle. The Warriors finally struck 1st in the 2nd Quarter on a 79 yard Play action pass to WR Salas. SMU stuck a FG with 12 seconds left in the half. Hawaii Defense had 2 pick 6's in the 2nd half, an 88 yarder on SMU's 1st drive of the 2nd half, and a 99 yarder early in the 4th. Hawaii's Red Zone Defense was the Big Story here as they shined all day. SMU scored their only TD with 2 minutes left in the game. Warriors Defense totalled 4 Interception, all at crucial times, and 2 Big Sacks. One of the Pick 6's coulda easily been recorded as a sack fumble TD return, but the SMU QB just barely got the errant pass off.

0 turnovers for the Hawaii Offense which is new to us.
    Hawaii Offense:
    QB Moniz: 6-19 for 153 yds and 1 TD
    RB Dimude: 14 rushes for an embarrassing 12 yards....with a long of 8!
    WR Salas: 3 for 114 yards and a TD

Good game BigSlick, that 1st half was an awesome battle. 2nd half was decided by turnovers.

6. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Hawaii 21
    #16 SMU 11

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. Game started as a defensvie battle with a Hawaii leading at half time 7-3. Both teams were able to move the ball from 30yrd to 30yrd line but were unable to come away with scores. SMU was unable to establish the running game against a stout Warrior defense and was forced to go to the air. With starting QB Pardon out for the season 2nd stringer McDermott was forced into action. He was able to lead the Mustangs offense up and down the field and passed for 437yrds. However, his decision making inside the redzones hurt the Mustangs. He threw two pick 6's, one returned for 88yrds and the other for 99yrds. He would end the day with 4ints.
    SMU had to many turnovers to win this game against a gritty Hawaii team.

Good Game Marcman777

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Toledo 29
    Northern Illinois 28

Toledo traveled to Dekalb and came away with a thrilling late game victory. Backup QB David Pasquale threw a TD with 16 seconds left to bring the score to 28-27 in favor of Northern Illinois. Toledo then gambled and went for the 2 point conversion and the win. Pasquale then completed an out cut to WR Cortazzo to take the 29-28 lead. On NIU's first play after the kickoff, the ball was intercepted by So CB Best to seal the rivalry win.