Season 1 - Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Advanced

2. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

[​IMG]

College Gameday Week 11

Week 10's Top Performers:
    BIG 12 Offense:
    QB Clint Chelf OSU- 15-21, 289 yards, 5 TD.
    BIG 12 Defense:
    LOLB Tony Jefferson Oklahoma- 5 Tackles, 3 TFL, 6 ATK, 1 Sack and 2 Fumble Recoveries

BIG EAST Offense:
    HB Victor Anderson Louisville- 28 Car, 333 yards, 3 TDs.
    Big East Defense:
    LOLB Brandon Lindsey Pitt-2 Tackles, 3 TFL, 6 ATK, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 FR

Lee Corso's Week 11 Picks:

Baylor at #12 Mizzou

"I'm taking Missouri at home over Baylor. I can't pick Baylor over the #5 defense in the nation after being shut out a week ago by OSU. Mizzou all the way baby!"​

Oklahoma State at KSU

"I'm taking OSU in this one. Brandon Weeden is coming back from injury. There were just too many high expectations for OSU going into this season being a possible national title contender. Turnovers have hurt them this year but they seemed to of fixed that problem. This is a game OSU has to win if they want a chance at a decent bowl game."​

Texas at #8 Texas Tech

"Tech has to be the pick here, no doubt about it. 5th in the nation is scoring, their offense has been too good for Texas to keep up. They throw the ball all over the field and Texas just doesn't have the secondary to stop it. Texas just doesn't score enough points to keep up. Red Raiders all the way!"​

#1 Oklahoma at #16 Texas A&M

"This is my upset pick of the week. I think the Aggies can't take Oklahoma at home. The Aggies have proven they can stop the run but can they stop Landry Jones. That's the key. Oklahoma hasn't been that great this year on defense so I think it'll be close but I think the Aggies pull this one out."

#19 Cincinnati at Pitt

"I'm taking Cinci on the road. There defense is too strong, and Pitt has had some turnover issues this year. I think Cinci's defense scores some points this weekend and that'll give them the edge they need to pull this out."​

USF at Rutgers

"The pick here has got to be South Florida. They have too much speed on that team, Rutgers just won't be able to keep up. They score too many points, Rutgers is one of the worst offenses in the country so I just can't see them being able to pull this one out."

Syracuse at UCONN

I'm taking UCONN in this one. They are playing at home and Syracuse has just flat out turned the ball over too much this year. It's a problem they haven't been able to fix all year so until that changes I'm taking UCONN.

This Week's Key Match-up:

Brennan Clay vs Texas A&M Defense

If Brennan Clay wan't to show the voters that he deserves the Heisman Hype, he's got show up big time this week. He's going up against the #5 rush defense in the country. A big game this week will go along way to hoisting that hardware. Oklahoma shouldn't having problems throwing the ball but they can't become one-dimensional if they want to be successful.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Nice write up!! Baylor, when can you play?

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I think he is on Auto.

5. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Oh ok.. If so, I'll go play tonight

6. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I agree, Syracuse turns the ball over way too much. A quarterback change is in store.

7. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Beat UConn, but got Transfer Failed error again :( The game doesn't want me to win!

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

That sucks man, are you using a custom playbook, or looking at the highlights afterwards? I've heard that can sometimes cause it.

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Hmm...maybe that's it. I always save a few highlights.

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

EA sucks big balls

11. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

Pretty much! I've never seen anything like this before! What a buggy mess!

12. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Week 11
    UConn - 20
    Syracuse - 24

Complete Effort Leads to Victory

Syracuse took an early 7-0 lead as it methodically drove down the field. UConn would control the second quarter and take a 17-7 lead going into halftime. Syracuse got back in the game with a long touchdown pass from Charley Loeb to Van Chew of 87 yards. Though UConn would extend its lead to 20-14 on their next possession, the Orange would finish by scoring 10 consecutive points in the 4th quarter and would prevent the Huskies from one final possession by forcing UConn to burn all its timeouts and then running out the clock.

Coach's note: Though Loeb threw two interception, one was on a Hail Mary at the end of the first half. The second occurred as the receiver slipped and the ball went straight to the defender behind.