Season 1, Week 12 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 29, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced! (well done fellas. we are rolling!)

Next Advance:
    -Tuesday, 11am EST or
    -When 11/11 are ready

Last Week:
    -G Morg lays the G Wood to the league polly pocket
    -Plague esacpes matchup with Pro but still embarrassed by the family of geese
    -Weave inches closer to first Cathedral conference championship
    -Luke wins 11-6 thriller! geez.
    -Bulldog returns... in form. Ouch.
    -Bonner, Pro, and the commish lose... again. sigh.

This Week:
    -Bye Week: Weave and Goose
    -User Games: Luke and Plague (Is it just me or does Plague have a user game every week?)
    -Big Games: Brett vs Navy, Bonner vs BYU (sigh... I miss mormon)

Other Notes:
    -Recruits are signing like crazy! Let us know! Update your pages! Post the recruits! This is the most exciting part of our terrible teams!
    -The commish continues to have no problems uploading videos. Everyone else cheats their asses off.

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

Dude Pro won his game 31-28

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

Enough wasting time already. Get your games in nancy boys. I'm ready to play. lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

BIG WINS NETS MORE RECRUITS FOR THE BOBCATS

Texas State's upset over Louisiana Tech ignited a nice run of commits to the program. The OL recruiting looks to be insanely awesome.
    Here they are:
    Russ, Lance.png Smiley, Craig.png Smith, Herman.png

These three guys have a great shot at starting from day 1. It looks like TSU will be starting at least 3 very strong true freshmen on the OL all ranked 76 or higher coming in.

TSU is awaiting even more surprises with a few interesting soft commits. Coach Weaver is proving that he has a knack at finding some major gems on the recruiting trail.

• Like Like x 1
  5. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

How do I cut and paste my recruits lol I'm lost and my cpu sucks...

6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Damn Weave. Teach me how to recruit man.

7. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Hey guys I won't be able to get my game in until tomorrow evening...My wife cut date night short last night for a user game last night not pushing my luck 2 days in a row. So i will be offline until tomorrow evening.

8. Luke

Luke Walk On

Plague when can ya play?

9. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Maybe tonight. Ill have to see if I have any free time. If not tomorrow night after 9pm est good?

What's your number and ill text ya.

10. Luke

Luke Walk On

Yeah I sent you my #. Just let me know.

11. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

BYU comes to San Jose and escapes with a 40-35 victory.

The first half saw both Grigsby #1 WR and Yell only CB left go out with injuries. And a pass heavy BYU team would take advantage of poor CB play all day in route to a 21/28 323yds and 3td preformance by senior Riley Nelson. They would get on the board first with a TD and would add on a FG before the Spartans could move the ball, but they would find there stride through the air as Stewart would find now top WR (Grigsby would come back in the second half) Carr on a 9 yard pass making it 10-7. BYU with out fail moves the ball right back down bam 17-7. As time is running out in the half Stewart has them poised to make it a 17-14 game but misreads the coverage and wouldn't you know it is going the other way for a 24-7 half time lead for the mormans.

San Jose would take the opening drive of the third quarter and score making it 24-14 on a 14 yard strike to Nunn. BYU would tap in a FG 27-14 end of the third.

The fourth would start off with a blown coverage on the outside and a streaking Carr catching a wide open 58 yard TD bringing the Spartans within six 27-21. But again my poor secondary would give up another score as BYU keeps there foot on my throut 33-21 (2pt failed) Playing out of his mind Stewart leads us back down the field with Ervin running it in from a yard out 33-28 we got a ball game somehow. Four plays and thirty seconds later Nelson finds another wide open man for a 25 yard score and at 40-28 the Spartans are left to wonder if there defense will ever show up today? After the touch back on the second play Stewart would make his last big play of the day finding Pearce for the 75 yard score making it 40-35 with 3:10 to go but the San Jose State Spartans would never touch the ball again as BYU played keep away for the remainder of the game.

Two costly pics in the first half one being returned for a TD really hurt my chances today. If I would take the sack and not make the poor choices I might have been able to upset the #24 team in the nation.

Stewart 17/30 383 yds 4 td 2 int
    Ervin 13 for 38 1 td
    Grigsby 5 for 115 all in the second half
    Carr 4 for 98 2 td

12. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

MTSU pulls the upset over 7-3 Navy

This game was all about the ground game today. Both teams had over 200 yards rushing, but both had big play in the pass game. MTSU would dominate the second quarter by scoring 21 points to Navy's 7 points. This game was basically won with legs of running back Benny Cunningham by scoring 4 touchdowns but nor with out the help of the passing game and Wide out T. Jefferson some really big plays on 3rd and long. However Starting QB for MTSU L. Kilgore would get knocked out for the rest of the game with a bruised sternum but only out for the game and wont miss anymore games. Navy would make this game interesting the whole time by sticking with a touchdown until the last score by MTSU. The Blue Raiders would have to score 14 points in the 4th quarter and one touchdown in the last 2 min and 10 seconds of the game to pull of the win.

QB L. Kilgore 9- 16 157 1 TD 1 Int
    HB B. Cunningham 29 carries 143 yards 4 TD
    WR T. Jefferson 7 catches 123 yards 1 TD

All videos uploaded

• Like Like x 2
  13. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Oh and no more injuries to add this week.

Team page being updated.

*** SS signs details to come.

4/5 videos post. The sweetest move and play of the game does not :mad:

14. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

cunningham.png

Cunningham is the #23 best SS in the nation a *** has the chance to be starter his freshman year (yes my team is that bad)

15. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

mathis.png
    The Owls have now signed 8 players, with 5 soft commits at the moment. The recruiting highlight of this week is Max Mathis, the 57th best HB in this class. A speedy back, should see some reps as a freshman. Was a soft commit to UGA before switching and coming to Boca.

16. Luke

Luke Walk On

Am I the only one that thinks its completely unrealistic for us to sign 4* recruits? I'm not signing one Til atleast my 3rd year at Buffalo. Simply unrealistic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I'm with you Luke. Its going to be hard for a 4* recruit to go to a 1* prestige school. I have a couple recuits that are 4*s but I'm 2nd at best.

18. Luke

Luke Walk On

Well I had 3 4* I targeted and I could've had 2/3 if I choose to but I took them off my board. Think it's unrealistic. What 4* would go to Buffalo or any of our schools for that matter?

19. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Well we all know no one would want to go to buffalo. But California and Texas and Florida are all highly desirable places to go play football. :D

20. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

21. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Hot Seat Late Season.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  22. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

By the latest hot sheet, it doesnt look like you will be there next year ;)

23. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Awesome stuff weave!

24. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Nice move getting a recruit from NC with a Texas team!!!

25. G Morg

G Morg Walk On