Season 1 - Week 13

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PIG BOMB, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Decent game summaries will be mandatory in season 2 - why don't you get some practice in and do a write up this week. Some guys have done a nice job - so keep it up. If you haven't done game summaries figure out a style and go for it. Graphics and video are optional but telling a short story about the game from your perspective makes the dynasty just that much deeper and interesting.

Fmode11
    Kidofcrash23
    | DedStaar |
    Flo308
    Quattro
    Ian Moss
    GrimReeferXXIV
    BakerWildcat7
    GDip
    Leonidas3737
    priestmvp
    droid43

3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

SJSU Dominates East Carolina for 27-2 win (yes 2) to go 10-1

#21 ranked SJSU hosted a 5-5 East Carolina team in this weeks matchup and after almost blowing another last week, SJSU looked to take that momentum of a win into this weeks game and they didnt in the 1st half. Fales who has had some notorious poor starts to games with bad INTs in the 1st quarter of multiple games again had another pick and played poorly in the 1st half. Jelks in the run game failed to gain yardage and WRs had trouble getting open. The East Carolian defense played great defense and was able to stuff SJSU on multiple possessions in the 1st half. With the tough defense, East Carolina's lone points came on a sack for a safety and at that point the game was 3-2 in the 2nd.

Then SJSU woke up a bit taking advantage of Gray and his legs and receivers finally able to get open. Gray finished off a drive with a read optoin run for a score to get SJSU up 13-3 going into the 1st half.

The 2nd half was all SJSU has Fales was able to find his groove although throwing another pick, but was able to create a long sustaining drive in the 3rd with Jelks punching it in to give SJSU the 20-2 lead. The SJSU defnese who is one of the toughest on the run, but weak in pass contained the East Carolina passing game, giving up yardage, but didn't allow a score with 2 picks and 3 sacks. Best defensive performance of the season by SJSU. SJSU added one more score with Fales hitting Grigbsy to put the game away 27-2.

This was quite a boring game, didn't miss much and realized i didnt hit the "capture button" on my hauppage until the 2nd :(, so write up it is...

• Like Like x 1
  4. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

[​IMG] BYE Week

5. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

images (7).jpg
    TOLEDO 41 NIU 16

Toledo hosted rival NIU in a huge conference matchup. NIU came out fast behind the fast paced offense led by senior QB Jordan Lynch and senior RB Akeem Daniels. The Huskies jumped out to a 13-0 lead on the rockets. Things weren't looking good for the Rockets early but momentum soon changed as toledo fought its way back. The offense began to click and the defense managed to hold the potent NIU offense to just 3 pts for the remainder of the game. It was a total team effort and win for the rockets. The game saw toledo starters QB Owens and RB Fluellen both leave for 2 qtrs with injuries as a precautionary measure. This gave backup QB Phillip Ely and RB Marc Renney some valuable pt against a quality opponent. Both players played well filling in for the injured starters. Doctors have since cleared both Owens and Fluellen saying xrays are negative and both will be day to day but will be ready to go by next weeks game.

Top Rocketmen....

WR Reedy 3 rec 104yds 2tds

LE Elliott 5T 3TFL 2sacks

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG] 26
    [​IMG] 35

ROMNEY STADIUM l Coach Willy Beeman made his coaching debut this afternoon in front of a nearly empty stadium. Things have been very tough going thus far this season for the Aggies, even with a decently talented roster. Coach Beeman comes in after the Aggies were only able to win 1 game all season. The future looks bright though as the Aggies came out and scored TDs on their first two possessions.

Utah State QB Manning is going to have a great season next year is all that could be heard from the post-game remarks from coach Beeman. Manny today threw for 268 yds and 4 TDs while not receiving much help from the running game. Manning was able to spread the ball around to all of his receivers and was successful moving the ball up and down the field. Which was a good thing for the Aggies today as their defunct defense struggled to stop CSU all day. Lawson did record 7 tckls while getting an INT and forcing a fumble too. There were some bright moments for the defense but currently it is lacking in talent. Coach Beeman looks to beef up the secondary in the future and bring the tenacity back to the Aggie defense.

Game Balls
    USU QB Manning 16/23 268 yds 4 td
    USU WR Bird 4 cth 101 yds 2 td
    USU CB Lawson 7 tckl 1 int 1 ff
    USU DE Nielson 5 tckl 2 sacks

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

[​IMG] 14
    [​IMG] 44

Falcons Run by the Running Rebels, Clinch Bowl Birth​

scoooo.png
    scooooooooo.png
    staaaaaaaaa.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

image.jpg

Ohio 28 Kent St 10

Hello everyone this is Bob Katz live on the field post game as the university of Ohio just moved to 11-0 on the season. I'm here with senior quarter back Tyler Tettleton; Tyler, your team was able to get the win even though the offense sputtered a little, turning the ball over twice for the first time this season, both of which you were responsible for. How confident does that make you feel as we get closer to bowl season?

"I feel very confident that if I turn the ball over twice again that we aren't going to do very well."

Wow! Talk about being hard on yourself! What I was referring to the fact that your defense was able to pick up the slack. How confident are you in the defense, which struggled earlier in the season, after tonight?

"Bob I'm extremely confident that they are going to fuck me sideways with a lunch box if I end up losing a game for us."

Weeelllll ok then thanks Tyler we'll see you next week. What a pleasant guy. Well I sure am confident that if Ohio is going to be able to smooth out any wrinkles before the MAC championship, there's no better team to do it against than the Minutemen who are hosting next week. Look out UMass. Bob Katz and the bobcats are coming to Amherst, and we are apparently angry.

image.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I don't think the FCC is gonna be to happy with F bombs on national tv lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

The FCC better watch out or they're next

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1