Season 1 - Week 14 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 1 - Week 14 Scores

Week 14 is up. There are only 2 games this week, both user games in the Big East, so we will plan on a Friday night advance.

User games:
    #15 Cincinatti at #1 Pittsburgh
    #6 USF at #9 Notre Dame

I will not hold up the advance for recruiting once the user games are played, so get in and do what you need ASAP on that front.

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Team Coaches Poll Record[/SIZE][/B]
    Pittsburgh 1 11-0
    Florida 2 12-0
    Oklahoma 3 11-1
    Alabama 4 11-1
    Texas 5 10-2
    USF 6 10-1
    Notre Dame 9 9-2
    Nebraska 10 10-2
    LSU 11 9-3
    Kansas St 13 10-2
    Cincinnati 15 8-3
    Tennessee NR 8-4

Here are the Coaches Poll Standing for this week. I'm at work, so I only have access to the EASportsWorld online dynasty tracker, which only shows the Coaches Poll. I have also included team records. I will update tonight with the BCS rankings, unless somebody with xbox access would like to post them.

Not sure of BCS rankings, but it will be interesting if both Alabama and Oklahoma win their conference champ games, who will get into the NC game.

3. Dru50

I think the SEC champ will be in the title game (although I still think Eagles is the heavy favorite to win). The SEC title game is going to be #2 vs #4 at worst, while the Big 12 title game is #3 vs #10.

The way this game seems to usually play out, if I could beat Florida I'm fairly certain I would vault OU to #2 and get in the title game. This is all wishful thinking probably, but it's fun anyway.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Damn, I knew this would happen. I gotta play Noles in both my dynasties this week. I doubt it happens, but a sweep would be spectacular.

5. astealthyhippo

Updated BCS Standings, Heisman Race, and Projected Bowl games....Enjoy!

BCS Standings
    Team BCS Rank BCS Avg[/SIZE][/B]
    Pittsburgh 1 1.000
    Florida 2 0.994
    Oklahoma 3 0.989
    Alabama 4 0.983
    Texas 5 0.978
    USF 6 0.972
    Nebraska 7 0.958
    Notre Dame 9 0.953
    LSU 11 0.942
    Kansas St 13 0.921
    Cincinnati 14 0.915
    Tennessee NR NR

Heisman Race
    Name Class Position School[/SIZE][/B]
    Brandon Banks SR WR Kansas State
    Julio Jones SO WR Alabama
    Tim Tebow SR QB Florida
    Jeremiah Masoli JR QB Oregon
    Sam Proctor SO SS Oklahoma

Projected Bowl Games
    Bowl Game Team #1 Team #2[/SIZE][/B]
    Motor City Bowl Cincinnati vs Northern Illinois
    Holiday Bowl Kansas State vs Oregon State
    Capital One Bowl LSU vs Illinois
    Armed Forces Bowl Notre Dame vs Air Force
    Outback Bowl Tennessee vs Northwestern
    Sugar Bowl Alabama vs USF
    Cotton Bowl Nebraska vs Auburn
    Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma vs Iowa
    Orange Bowl Texas vs Miami
    BCS NC Game Pittsburgh vs Florida

6. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Armed Forces Bowl? Aint that a bitch!

7. astealthyhippo

My exact thoughts. I actually had to re-scan through all the bowls b/c I figured you would get a BCS bowl, or at least another good one. Hopefully you get bumped into a better one in the next 2 weeks.

8. Dru50

Beating USF would probably help your case beazus....;)

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

good point

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

USF knocks off Notre Dame in South Bend to stay in the top 10 and lock up a BCS berth. Grothe went down early in the game and (RS)Freshman B.J. Daniels would have to come in again and win it for the Bulls. This game was a defensive match for the most part... That is until the 4th quarter when Notre Dame would turn on the jets and mount a furious comeback. After scoring to make it 28-25 with 0:58 left, Coach Beazus called an onside kick that would bounce off the facemask of a South Florida special teams player and be recovered by the Irish. The way the Irish had been moving the ball on their previous drives made believers of sellout crowd(and made me shit a birck), but the miracle comeback wasnt meant to be. Clausen would throw into coverage and the game would be sealed with a pick followed by a few USF first downs.

GG Beazus and to all the Big East users. Looking forward to next season!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/giJyYIzzaHE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/giJyYIzzaHE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    B.J. Daniels running the read-option.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/De1AuruZgkQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/De1AuruZgkQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    B.J Daniels first 3rd and long after replacing an injured Grothe. Got this guy for a few more years!
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/soeloXHAgLU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/soeloXHAgLU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Grothe getting in his licks before going out for a week.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Pitt secures a chance for the Title game

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    CIN 7 14 7 21 49
    PITT 7 21 14 14 56

Blizzard conditions inside Heinz Field, but that didn't matter to these two teams offenses. The first play from scrimmage had Pitt go for the jugular as Stull completed a 78 yard TD pass to Baldwin. Cincy would respond driving the field and tying the game 7-7. Second quarter, the teams traded blows. Cincy scored 14 points and Pitt would score 21 and take a 28-21 lead into half. Cincy would come back after half to tie it up but the Panthers would score 14 in the 3rd and take a 42-28 lead into the 4th. Cincinnati wouldn't get any closer than 7 points the rest of the way. 42-35, 49-35, 49-42, 56-42 & 56-49.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Cin Pitt
    Score 49 56
    First Downs 21 11
    Total Offense 522 500
    Rushes-Yards-TD 24-57-2 30-129-3
    Comp-Att-TD 24-37-5 10-17-4
    Passing Yards 465 371
    3rd Down 8-10 (80) 6-9 (66)
    4th Down 0-0 0-0
    Redzone-TD-FG 4-4-0 (100) 3-3-0 (100)
    Turnovers 2 0
    Fumble 0 0
    Interception 2 0
    Total Yards 760 627
    Punts-Avg 2-42.0 3-38.7
    Pen-Yards 0-0 2-20
    TOP 16:31 11:35

12. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

DRU-Any chance of you advancing this and us getting our SEC Championship in right now?

13. Dru50

Sorry eagles, got hung up on family stuff last night. I can play at night this weekend.

14. Dru50

Sorry eagles, got hung up on family stuff last night. I can play at night this weekend.

15. GoGators

The Pitt Cincy game was awesome. First time I got to play a game in the snow. Both of our defenses were at the mercy of the offense. Unfortunately, in the end, T. Pike made 1 bad read where Noles baited him, and 1 bad throw on a deep out resulting in a pick 6.

I said it heading into this game that my defense wasn't very good and due to their youth, they couldn't take away the advantage I gave Nole with the two picks. Hopefully, the guys on defense will take this loss and this season to heart and they'll bust their tails this off season to improve and not let this happen again next season.

It was a great game from Nole and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I feel bad for the Big East. No offense to Nole, but putting Pitt on the field against UF or Bama in a BCS game will probably result in bad things for the Big East reputation. I'll be rooting for Noles to bring the glory to the Big East though.

When's Dion Lewis coming back?

16. GoGators

The Pitt Cincy game was awesome. First time I got to play a game in the snow. Both of our defenses were at the mercy of the offense. Unfortunately, in the end, T. Pike made 1 bad read where Noles baited him, and 1 bad throw on a deep out resulting in a pick 6.

I said it heading into this game that my defense wasn't very good and due to their youth, they couldn't take away the advantage I gave Nole with the two picks. Hopefully, the guys on defense will take this loss and this season to heart and they'll bust their tails this off season to improve and not let this happen again next season.

It was a great game from Nole and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I feel bad for the Big East. No offense to Nole, but putting Pitt on the field against UF or Bama in a BCS game will probably result in bad things for the Big East reputation. I'll be rooting for Noles to bring the glory to the Big East though.

When's Dion Lewis coming back?

17. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Damn!! Sounds like a great game and those 2 turnovers may have been the difference

18. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Dion would be back this week or next if we had a game... He should be back for the National Title but I don't know if he should get any carries since Shariff has really shouldered the load this year