Season 1 - Week 14

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PIG BOMB, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Don't forget the deadline is Friday at 10pm Eastern

2. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

download.jpg
    TOLEDO 49 AKRON 28

The Akron Zips came out swinging at home against Toledo. Akron offering up their best Alabama impersonation gave the home crowd something to cheer about early going to the lockerroom at the half down by only one to visiting Toledo 21-20. The magic soon wore off however as Toledo started to roll in the 2nd half relying heavily on the legs of senior RB Fluellen leading them to a 49-28 win on the road. The win puts Toledo at 9-3 on the season, a record most fans thought to be out of reach for the rockets.

In recruiting news this week the Rockets were pleased to learn of Athlete Jason Tucker announcing he would commit to Toledo. Tucker 6'4 186 from Tupelo, MS is a supremely gifted athlete, a real GEM of a player. Tucker was a two way player in HS and has the potential to be either a shutdown CB or an elite QB at the next level. It will be interesting to see what plans the coaching staff at Toledo have for him. Wherever they put him expect him to make a lot of plays for the rockets!

i.jpg
    JASON TUCKER 6'4 186 :3stars:#52 ATH Tupelo, MS Gifted two way athlete with sub 4.4 speed. Future All American QB or CB? Toledo fans will have to wait to find out.

3. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

WOW...I just experience the Computer MEGA-Cheat when you have a bunch of recruits in for a home game.
    It happens on occasion where the game just doesn't want you to win and pulls out all the shit to beat ya.

For Example: Just when a comeback looked possible- down by 14 about to make them punt.
    Here's the scene.
    It's 3rd down and loooong, if we stop them we get the ball back with plenty of time to come back and win.
    QB drops back and gets pressured, he dodges it and throws wide to the right side of the field.
    The WR catches it but is called out of bounds. It's 4th down - punting time!
    Wait!!!!
    The play is under review?? WTF!!!!
    Yes.
    The play has been reversed (I shit you not) and called a catch.
    They continue down the field on their drive and score to ice the game.

Below is the enlarged in-game photo I snapped of the reversed call.

You make the call. Game totally cheating to win or a catch???? Fuuuuuuuck!!

[​IMG]

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

looks legit :confused:

5. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

and i didn't even get into my INT's-- my QB threw like 3 in a row...not kidding - my QB has thrown a bunch this year but he also throws for a ton of yards and keeps us in the games... . this game was insane... i pulled him out for the second quarter (after throwing 3 INTs in the first quarter!) and let him back in to start the second half...bang! first fucking pass he throws floats on him, INT..sit the hell down kid, freshman you are back in!

The ball just kept floating on him or coming out short -- he had really bad bad day.
    The freshman backup is absolute shit.
    My recruit coming in will start next year for sure!!

6. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

I know at least two guys who think it was the right call...
    ScreenShot2013-07-07at5.14.59PM_crop_north.jpg.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG]

[​IMG] 21
    [​IMG] 27

ROMNEY STADIUM l
    Utah State played host to Wyoming and coach GrimReeferXXIV in a late season MWC match-up. Wyoming has had a good season and has already managed to lock-up a bowl game. On the other side of the field the home team has seen major change ups in their coaching staff. Coach Willy Beeman was brought in after a 1-9 start and after winning thier 1st game under the new coach the fans in Aggie land are beginning to see the light. This season may be over for these team, but rest assured, they will be atop the heap of the Mountain West next year.

Utah State won the toss and deferred to begin the game. Unbelievable, or maybe believable with this squad, Wyoming KR Clairborne was able to take the opening kick all the way for a TD. Great start for the Cowboys! From there they were not able to get much scoring done. Wyoming saw some early success on the ground with RB Miller finding two 10 yd runs on their next possession. A back and forth 1st quarter had both coaches believing this game may come down until the last possession.

The 2nd quarter was all Aggie as they scored 17 points to close the half and went into the locker room up 10, 24-14. After a couple of bottled up possessions the 2nd half did not see much action on the score board. Not sure if the team's began to press a little too much but after the late TD in the 3rd the game was 24-21 Utah State. At this point Utah State went into their running game to keep the clock moving. Faced with a long 3rd and 11 Utah State QB Manning found a wide open receiver over the middle for a first down to keep the drive alive. Unfortunately for the Aggies they finally succumbed to the Aggie defense and were forced to kick a field goal with 50 seconds left to play and hope they can continue to keep the Wyoming out of the end-zone.

With 8 seconds to play with Wyoming on the Aggie 20 yard line, Wyoming QB for about the 100th time in the game threw to their slot receiver, this time on a go route. Utah State safety Sanders sat right under the route and intercepted just inside the goal line and kneeled it down - touch BACK (highlight on d-wire). Aggie escape and end the season win two home victories to end the season 3-9.

gg GrimReeferXXIV - I thought you were going to score at the end there.

Game Balls:
    USU QB Manning 19/27 324 yds 2 td 1 int
    WU QB Smith 24/38 309 yds 2 td 1 int
    WU WR Claiborne 7 cth 92 yds 1 td

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.