season #1 | week-17 games that matter

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Randiesel75, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Sure, there may be a few other games around the league with playoff implications as we reach the final week on the season, but these are among the most critical. Some may say I give the NFC no love, well, perhaps you're right. If you feel I've left anything out, feel free to post!

[​IMG]

This game features the #5 in passing Patriots versus the #6 in rushing Dolphins. To put things in perspective, Miami and Reggie Bush have 500+ more rushing yards than New England and Shane Vereen. On the flipside, Tom Brady has out-chucked Ryan Tannehill by 1100+ yards.

My prediction: I think the potent passing attack of New England is too much for the Miami Dolphins. Remember, the Dolphins are under new heading coaching direction and come into this game with a bit of uncertainty on leadership. Couple this with playing in New England, I see Tom Brady leading the charge and the Patriots winning by 7. #whoozy11 #yogibear

[​IMG]

This game features some of your more potent offenses in the AFC this season. Here you have the Indianapolis Colts (3rd in points, 5th in rushing and 6th in yards) hosting the Houston Texans (4th in yards, 4th in rushing, 7th in passing and 8th in points).

In the air, the QBs are within 60 yards of each other for passing and 1 for passing TDs. Andrew Luck does have a few more INTs (23 v 9). On the ground, Miller (IND) and Foster (HOU) are spread by 60 rushing yards, with Miller getting the better at 1448. Foster appears the more all-purpose back as he has racked up 405 receiving yards (versus 37 of Miller).

At the end of the day, QB Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Cols are very hot. They are on an 8 game winning streak and will be home for this final game on the season. I just think with the rookie season QB Andrew Luck is having that they are destined for this division. Like the AFC East matchup, I see the Colts winning this one by 7. #Gngsta4Lyphe #I Peench

• Like Like x 3
  2. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Colts are undefeated since ive taken over. Hopefully we make this streak last through february ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I hope EA werent a bunch of idiots and actually have the seeding correct. I should be getting the 2nd bye since i have the 2nd best division winner record. Bengals will be wildecard i think should not get a bye, knowing EA and the lack of attention to detail, ill probably miss out on the bye... :(

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Have you seen anything on the Internet that indicates a known issue within Connected Careers?

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

No, but there is a thread i believe in the madden forums that seeding was messed up. The seedings were based on the overall record and did not distinguish by division winners first. I read it about a month ago. A wildcard team i believe got a home game against a division winner, something like that.

6. Brandon S.

There were no seeding issues in GMFL playoffs. We are one of the last, if not the last, league to get into playoffs. Someone would have addressed this issue by now.

7. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

In my other league, one team actually got screwed out of a playoff spot as a wildcard. 2 teams in diff divisions had the same record overall, while 1st tie breaker is SUPPOSED to be H2H winner. The H2H loser was the one who got in somehow...

8. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Steelers have a big game vs browns this week, if we lose and Bengals win their game, they steal the division!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

The Chargers are also in the hunt and can grab a wildcard spot this week with a win as well as a Colts win against Houston! That is if the Vikings win this week against Houston and I think they should be good since Houston is on auto-pilot. And if Houston's not on auto and can play JSimms is solid and has a great chance to win anyways. We can only hope....

10. Brandon S.

So THATS why you've been rootin for me (y)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

That's what made our week-16 matchup so critical as the Jets are also in the hunt. That win you had yesterday may have just ended our season.

12. whoozy11

whoozy11 Walk On

Randiesel75 Good write up. This weeks game is huge and probably for all the marbles.

13. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I'm not sure how it will unfold, but the battle for the top of the NFC WEST division and the NFC Wildcard spots are all up in the air. Big games ahead.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You can have it...I suck!

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Falcons vs Bucs could decide the 6th seed in the NFC.

16. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I see some big games went down yesterday, standouts are the 49ers and Dolphins.

#Boom29
    #yogibear

17. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

The 49ers game came down to the wire. Too intense for me...