Season 1 Week 2 Line Moves

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jhujay09, Dec 2, 2010.

1. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

Ohio State @ Arkansas
    Opened at OSU -4.5 moved to -3.0

Ohio State is always a very public team and many people like to play the favorites in matchups they are unsure of. Ohio State is coming off a huge victory against Oregon, but I dont know how much they have left in this tank to go into Fayetteville and handle the tough Razorbacks. The sharps seems to be playing Arkansas due to their strong victory over Wisconsin in their first week. The real question here is can Arkansas handle Daniel Herron and the ground attack?

Oregon @ Michigan
    Opened at Ore -7 moved to -8

Both teams here coming off opening losses and quickly want to get a W to not start out a dreadful 0-2. Oregon is coming off a tough loss to the #1 team in the country and has the right the ship. Michigan returns home to the Big House for the first time this season and has to control the turnovers that sealed their fate in their first game. The movement on this line can be attributed to Oregons elite offense and better then Michigans defense.

Florida @ USC
    Opened at Florida -8.5 moved to Florida -9.5

Florida is widely regarded as the favorite for the BCS title this year, and this week 2 line reflects it. Florida opened at -8.5 and the line was pounded by the public and sharps both. People are on Florida hard this year, and after a disappointing loss to LSU the public does not think USC has what it takes to match up to the Gators, even with home field on their side.

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

That is very cool stuff! I love all the content we have going now!

3. titangator

titangator Walk On

Gonna take Florida to cover 9.5, Michigan to cover +8, and Ohio State to cover -4.5

If I bet earlier in the week I would have taken Arkansas at +4.5

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

So I need an explanation on how to play this. Never understood it.

Are keeping score?

@jhujay09

5. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

Oh, well I kinda just made up the lines. I dont think any scorekeeping is necessary, but I will check back in and post the final scores of the games to see how close my lines were. Im kind of a sports gambling addict so I love anything and everything about lines. That reminds me, I should probably try to come up with some over/unders while im at it.

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea that would be great!

7. titangator

titangator Walk On

Yea im a gambling addict as well, unfortunately lol...

bk ill explain on aim lol