Season 1, Week 2 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 15, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced! Well done. Let's keep it rolling at the beginning :)

Next Advance:
    -Monday, midnight EST or
    -When 11/11 are ready to advance

Last Week Notes:
    -wining big oh my! UConn and UCF fall to lowly Cathedral teams early.
    -FCS demolition: FCS SE tired after playing 4 games in one week.
    -Weave still a bit confused on what this thing called "losing" actually is. Huge bounce back expected.
    -Bulldog anxiously awaits playing something other than "tiddlywinks" with his wife on her bday

This Week:
    -Big Games: WKy @ #1 Bama, Bulldog @ #7 Arky, TexSt @ TT, Kent @ Ky
    -Bye Weeks: none
    -User games: FAU vs Mid Tenn

Other Notes:

-Etiquette on advance: As everyone is jazzed and hoping to move quickly, if you are going to need time it is always appreciated to calm the nerves of all by mentioning this quickly on the boards. On a greater note, all members are required to post if going on vacation or unable to get in game/content for the week. Summary - don't keep a bunch of small children in suspense when you can communicate. You certainly have the right to take time but love some bros! (This obviously is not in response to anything. You guys are rocking!)

-Team Pages: don't forget to update your schedule and record on your team page as well as any commits that sign. All signed commits deserve small write-ups in the weekly thread.

-Videos: again, these are mandatory and important. Be careful and upload scoring videos.

Keep up the momentum and awesome work fellas. Lamp shade on the head.... we're doing it!

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

monty....hows tonight work? anytime after 900 ct should work for me

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

also, updated power rankings after this advance

4. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

War hawks shock Razorbacks....for 3 quarters.

It was your typical underdog moment of shining but for only 3 quarters as the war hawks of ULM hung in the game with the explosive Arkansas Razorbacks.
    The hawks took there opening drive 80 yards with a methodical drive to draw first blood with a 2 yd run by Jyruss Edwards. The hogs answered in the 2nd half with 37 yd bomb from Tyler Wilson.
    7-7 at the half.
    After another pair of exchanged td blows in the 3rd we were all knotted up going into the 4th. Then the wheels fell off the wagon....coach Bulldog started the weekend binge and his Warhawks allowed 2 td passes from Wilson and the hog O. A final blow was delivered with a cheap FG from 39 yards out with 4 seconds left to cap off a 31-14 victory for the SEC and escape any thought of an embarrassing upset by the Sunbelt.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  5. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

That's works great for me to, because I get off work at 9ct

6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

An Upsetting Loss for the Minutemen

After falling behind 28-7 in the second quarter to the Hoosiers. It was air raid time for quarterback Kellen Pagel. Passing for a school record with 437 yards and completing 23 of 49 attempts. But coming up short in a 38 to 31 loss.

"I'm very disappointed in our secondary today." Said Coach Plague. "We played so poorly that I am thinking about putting in my son's high school team in there. But I do have to give praise to our qb. He stood in there on constant blitzes and completed the passes. We have a bright future ahead of us."

Up next #6 Michigan.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

UMass should be 2-0 right now.

8. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Something brewing @ 300 Bryant Drive, Tuscaloosa, AL...STAY TUNED!!!!

9. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU DID THE UNTHINKABLE!!!

10. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU 21 BAMA 10

This was a defensive battle throughout. BAMA made a crucial INT on their 34 yard line with 1:24 left in the 2nd half. They scored :34 seconds left in the 2nd qtr on a 1 yard pass from Faciane to McCarron. After the kickoff WKU scored on 78 pass and catch between WR J. German and QB K.Jakes. Jakes came the line and called the correct audible and took his team into halftime tied 7-7. Early in the 4th WKU was driving and QB, K. Jakes threw an INT to the BAMA DT 12 yards down field.(tried to save as highlight but was unable to) Bama went 3 and out and kicked a 37 yard field goal to go up 10-7. WKU scored quickly on its next possession on a 87 yard catch and run by TE J. Doyle to go up 14-10. BAMA tossed a late INT and WKU was able to construct another scoring drive that saw K.Simpson score on a 13 yard run with 2 minutes left in the game. WKU held BAMA on their next possession and got the ball back with :52 seconds left and Coach HopJack was able to call his favorite play...Victory Formation and the celebration was on WKU went to Alabama and ROLLED TIDE!!!!

Player Stats

Kawaun Jakes - 9-16 219 yards 2TD and 2INT with a 187.4 passer rating
    Keshawn Simpson - 21 ATT for 108 YDS 1 TD
    Jack Doyle - 3 REC 93 YDS 1 TD

• Like Like x 2
  11. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Nice work Glenwood!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Thanks Man!!!

13. vatechhokie01

I love you all. We are going Heisman.

• Like Like x 3
  14. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Heisman any top 25 would be unstoppable...

I only beat them on blown coverages on 2 plays everything else was SHUT DOWN!!! And I tried to save the play for you to see when their DT was covering my RB step for step then strafed and made a INT.

15. Pro

Pro Walk On

Kent State declaws the Wildcats

"No one is giving you a chance in this game. A MAC team going to an SEC stadium, it usually isn't too pretty. Remember our trip to Alabama a year ago and use that to win this game." Flashes head coach Andrew Profio said before the Flashes did what many thought couldn't be done and beat the Kentucky Wildcats in their backyard.

The Flashes made it a point to run the ball and it paid off for them early. They took the opening drive and marched down the field. Sophomore running back Trayion Durham capped off the drive with a four yard touchdown run. The Blue and Gold defense would make Kentucky go three and out. The Flashes second drive ended just like the first with Durham finding the endzone from five yards out to make it 14-0 Flashes. Spencer Keith got in on the action when he found Matt Hurdle for a 13 yard touchdown strike. 21-0 Flashes. Kentucky finally got on the board with a 28 yard field goal. They would seize the momentum heading into the locker room as Maxwell Smith found La'Rod King for the 38 yard touchdown as time expired. The good guys led 21-10 heading into halftime. Kent would put the game away in the fourth quarter on an Anthony Meray one yard touchdown scamper. Final score: Kent 28 Kentucky 10.

"This is a program building win if I've ever seen one. To come into SEC country and beat one of their teams is quite the accomplishment. I'm proud of our coaches and players for their effort in planning and executing this game plan today." Profio said after the game.

The now 2-0 Flashes have a bye week before traveling to Buffalo for a date with Coach Luke and the Bulls.

Keith: 10/21 144 1 TD 2 ints

Meray: 20 carries, 84 yards, 1 touchdown

Durham: 12 carries, 52 yards, 2 touchdowns

Hurdle: 4 catches, 59 yards, 1 touchdown

Luke Batton: 13 tackles

• Like Like x 1
  16. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Just set up shop on Hatteras Island. Beaytuful beach house that the fam will call home for the next week. I will get my game in this evening after the kids go down.

I also see that some of you are kicking ass. Well done you bunch of cheaters!

• Like Like x 1
  17. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Haters going to hate!^^^

• Like Like x 3
  18. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I owe my victory to you without the a$$ whipping and the advice I would still be running that other boring offense!

But if you see that OFFENSE in a game of MADDEN 12 LOOK OUT BECAUSE IT'S NASTY!

19. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Meanwhile San Jose State played host to UC Davis this week and came away with a 54-10 victory despite the poor play by Dasmen Stewart at QB.

In a first half marred with turnovers a fumble on the goal line which led to a safety at least and three picks on returned for six. It did not look good for first year Coach Kris Bonner in his home debut. Yet after this shaky start on offense they settle down late in the second quarter led by Tyler Ervin on the ground the Spartans would but the game away by half with three late scores to go into the locker room 33-10.

Coming out of the locker room Coach Bonner decided it best to bench his starters for the remainder of the game and but the work load on Sophomore Ben Thompson (who's alma mater is Temecula Valley High which is where I went) and only passed the ball twice in the second half. The third started of with a fumble recovery for a touchdown and the blowout was on Thompson would add two second half touchdown's to ice the game.

Stats:
    Stewart was 7-10 119 yards 1 td 3 int not one pass touched the ground ;)
    Ervin 15 carries 204 yards 3 td
    Thompson 12 carries 67 yards 2 td
    Grigsby 2 catches 38 yards 1 td

Next up Colorado State at home

20. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Wood, dont take this the wrong way, Congrats on a great victory. I bet it was a blast. The problem is, it was Alabama. UConn and Kentucky, all though big wins....are not Alabama. So that makes us think we may need to adjust. The whole point of this league, is the climb (i just qouted Miley Cyrus), its supposed to take a few years. but again, it looks like you did the right way and earned a hard fought win.

• Like Like x 2
  21. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Game froze while deleting a photo. Awaiting Heath's decision on the game.

22. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

All I saying is if everyone takes their same league team and plays Alabama in Alabama and wins then by all means Heisman has to be the best option...

I just don't want to feel like I got a tainted win I researched their lost from the previous week and exposed it.

23. vatechhokie01

The scores across the board and success against the CPU have been beyond unrealistic when considering our schools and real life. This is undebatable. But certainly that truth doesn't negate the truth that your win was impressive. Not the point.

Point: the truth of the unrealistic nature exists even if you throw the Bama score out.

Love ya dude.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Brettmonty let me know when you are ready, text me 815-541-8889

25. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

FAU 21 Mid Tenn St 10

Don't worry boys, Mormon is alive and well...he just now plays as Brett Full Monty. The Mid Tenn State coach has to be kicking himself for allowing his qb to throw 6 INT's in this one. One of which went for a TD that was the one that put this game out of reach. It goes to show you how inept FAU is at offense, 6 INTS and only managed 21 points. A tip of the cap to the Owl defense, who stopped the Blue Raiders (great uniforms) inside the 10 two times. The Blue Raiders score one of those times, the whole game changes.

FAU had just 6 first downs compared to MTSU's 18. The owls mustered just 173 yards of offense, to MTSU's 339. But the stat that was this game, 6-0 as the Owls win the TO battle.
    QB Graham Wilbert goes 8-14, 87 yards 2 td
    RB TJ Moon 25 for 89 yards
    WR D. Richardson, 3 catches for 35 yards and a TD

Player of the Game
    S D. Williamson 10 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 2 INT, 1 TD Return

Great game Monty, watch out fellas, he has a RB that is quick as hell and is really good at moving in the pocket. I thought I had him sacked 10 times and he would wiggle free...just like my wife.

• Like Like x 2