Season 1: Week 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vBIG SLICKv, Sep 26, 2011.

1. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Chicago Bears - 21

New Orleans Saints - 42

The Saints defend their home turf with a big win against the Bears. The New Oreans defense was the story of the day with 5 interceptions and returning 2 of them for TDs. The defense also sacked Cutler 6 times on the day.

The Saints kicked the open kick off to the Bears. The Saints D held the Bears to a 3 and out. New Orleans was able to score on their first possession with an 18 yrd screen pass to Ingram. The Bears would come right back and even the score on an 8yrd run up the gut by Barber. The 1st qtr ended at 7-7
    The 2nd qtr saw both defenses set up and keep the game tied up. With under 2 minutes the Bears downed a punt inside the saints 3 yrd line. Drew Brees was hit and fumbled the ball in the endzone which was recovered by the Bears to put them on top 14-7. On the ensuing kickoff the Saints fumbled the kick and the Bears recovered with 1:49 left in the half. The Bears drove down to the goalline and on a run off the left side appeared to be in, but after review was determined not to have made it. On the next play Forte tried to run off the right side and was tackled short of the goalline with 6 seconds left, but for some reason the bears on 3rd down did not call a timeout to try another endzone shot or kick a FG and the time expired. Halftime Bears 14 Saints 7.
    The Saints would hold the Bears scoreless in the 3rd. Ingram punched one in from 2yrds out and Porter returned an int 20 yrds for a TD to extend the saints lead to 21-14.
    The 4th qtr opened with Brees connecting on a 33yrd TD pass to Colston. The Bears would counter and put together a nice drive with Forte scoreing on a 3yrd TD run to get with 7pts at 28-21. On N.O. next possession Brees would got up top again this time finding Moore for a 79 yrd TD strike to push the lead back out to 35-21. Jay Cutler on the following drive would get picked off by Greer who took it 33yrds for the score to make it 42-21.
    The Saints would grab a final int and then kneel to wind out the clock for the victory.

Good Game 1ke I'm sure we will meet in the playoffs. Good Luck the rest of the season.

QB - Drew Brees: 11/18 234 yrds 3 TDs 0 INTs

HB - Mark Ingram: 19 car 55 yrds 1 TD

WR - Maques Coslton: 3 cat 67 yrds 1 TD

CB - Tracy Porter: 2 INTs

2. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Papa Perry

I don't know if this game registered. It isn't showing up on the myleague manager website.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Browns: 6
    Colts: 22

Not a good way to start. Colt McCoy was 8/23 with 94 yards and 2 INT. Peyton Hillis had 65 yards and my defense got lit up by Peyton Manning and his hurt neck.

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

My bad man. It registers fine I have to sync the results and I keep forgetting to before I go to bed.