Season 1: Week 2 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by houtz, Sep 9, 2012.

1. houtz

houtz Undefeated in HK

Post them boys

2. houtz

houtz Undefeated in HK

RYAN TANNEHILL, CLYDE GATES LIFT DOLPHINS IN LAST SECOND THRILLER

Miami,FL

Miami Dolphins WR Clyde Gates was at the bottom of the depth chart during preseason and on the verge of being cut. Gates, who has tremendous speed just didn't play up to the new coaching staff's expectations in training camp. Gates, who started in the slot v.s Houston had a good game. Sunday Night v.s the Raiders, Gates had a terrific game Gates caught 6 balls for 213 yards and 1 TD. That TD would turn out to be the game winner and locked Gates in as Miami's #3 WR.

With just minutes left until the end of regulation, Carson Palmer hit Denarius Moore on a 48 yard bomb which put the Raiders up 4 with 2:12 left in th 4th. This TD put some Dolphin fans on life support. " It was just a perfectly thrown ball", Coach Houtz said. "I thought maybe he (Jones) would make a play on the ball. I was wrong, Palmer threw a perfect ball and at that moment I thought the game was over".

The game wasn't over. It was just a opportunity for Tannehill to do the only thing he has yet to do, lead his team back from behind late in a game. With all the pressure on his shoulders he did just that. On the very next play from scrimmage, Tannehill threw a dart on a moderately short out route to Clyde Gates. As Tannehill released the ball he was devoured by a sea of Raiders. The ball was just out of the reach of the corner who ended up just missing the ball. The ball reached Gates and he was gone. 81 yards for the TD. Oakland would give it one last try but a Jonathon Wade Interception would seal the game.

Miami 34
    Oakland 31

Amazing game DrunkenSoldier. When you scored late in the 4th I wasn't even upset. Amazing back and fourth game. One of the most memorable games I have ever played. I wish you luck the rest of the season and hope to see you again I. The near future ;)

Stats:

Ryan Tannehill 17/21 365 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
    Carson Palmer 13/20 311 yards 3 TDs 2 INT

Reggie Bush 16 carries 38 yards 1 TD
    Darren McFadden 15 carries 66 yards 1 TD

Clyde Gates 6 catches 213 yards 1 TD
    Denarius Moore 3 catches 63 yards 2 TDs.

Great game DrunkenSoldier !
    Great game DrunkenSoldier

• Like Like x 3
  3. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Wow great game guys. Man they need a spectator mode in these games. That would have been fun to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

GG houtz

The minute i threw that last ball i knew it was going to be intercepted i shoudve led him deep with some air under it, Gates had a great game i shoud've put Van Dyke on him in the slot at least he has the speed to keep up with him

5. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Wow, what a game! Makes me want y'all to pick me up so bad! Haha, good read houtz !

6. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Texans Squeak Passed Jags For Win #1
    It was a hard fought game from start to finish. There would be no scoring in the first quarter but mostly because there was a pick near the redzone by Glover Quin Jr. In the second quarter the Jags would get the first points on the board with a 37 yard FG by Scobee. The Texans would respond back when Matt Schaub would find TJ Houshmandzadeh for a 12 yard td. The Texans would force the Jags to punt before half. Schaub would then take the Texans down the field again and they would pick up a FG as time expired. Houston would get the ball out of half and take up over 6 minutes on the drive but they would stall out at the Jags 1. Graham would convert on the 17 yard FG to make it 13-3. The Jags would put together a good drive midway through the 4th. They would finish off that drive with a 43 yard TD pass from Gabbert to his favorite target Blackmon. The Jags would kick the ball back to the Texans but they were not able to stop the Foster Tate combo as Houston would run out the clock. GG HAL9100.
    Final Score:
    Houston 13
    Jacksonville 10
    Team Stats:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

The Eagles make amends for their piss poor week 1 showing in Cleveland, beating up on the Ravens 38-20 at home.

Lesean McCoy had two rushing TD's, but the biggest difference was Michael Vick's decision making. A complete turn around from the atrocity that was week 1, as he spread the ball around well and avoided turning the ball over at all.

Good game Papa Perry

• Like Like x 1
  8. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Titans Win on Final FG over Chargers
    17-15
    Titans would come into San Diego fired up after winning big vs New England. Chargers would put out the fire pretty quick in the first shutting the Titans out but the Titans D returning the favor even on the first drive when the Chargers would drive right down the field only to be picked off by MLB Zac Diles. Titans would strike first on a deep play to Damien Williams for 79 yards and a TD. San Diego would bring on 3 straight field goals to get the lead going into half. In the 3rd quarter would find Britt to make it 14-9. A lengthy drive for the Chargers would that ended in a TD but a failed 2 pt conversion. This gave the Titans a situation of being down by 1 with 3 minutes to go. They went for a mix of pass and run until Jake Locker would break off a nice run that would set up for an easy 30 yard FG to win the game by Bironas.

gg _MG_

9. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:

gg, i locked in on cj too hard. left the runs for jake wide open. malcolm floyd sucks.

10. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Holmes Big Play Helps Jets top Steelers
    Jets 20 Steelers 10
    J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets topped the Steelers in week 2 with a big help from a former Steeler. Santonio Holmes broke around six tackles to score a 52yd touchdown to tie the game late in the 3rd quater. After the defensive shut down lead by Rookie Quinton Coples (who registered 3 sacks in the game), Joe McKnight took the punt back to the house to put the Jets in the lead 17-10. The Jets would keep the lead and end up winning 20-10 what was a defensive game on both sides with nothing special coming out of either Big Ben or Dirty Sanchez.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Big Apple Perfections
    Eli Manning Records Perfect QB Rating in Win Over Buccs​
    [​IMG]
    Perfection is rare. However, it was in New York City today as the Giants took care of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in MetLife Stadium. A game that so no definitive better team until late, the Giants were able to force late turnovers and seal the 24-14 victory.​
    The star belonged to QB Eli Manning. Manning had 20 total pass attempts and completed 18, including his final 11 attempts. He managed 265 YDs and 3 TDs on the day, leading New York to a 2-0 starting record. He would not have been able to accomplish the rating, if it wasn't for the outstanding receptions by his receivers. Victor Cruz, fresh off his contract extension, proved his worth to the Giants organization. Cruz had 4 receptions for 76 YDs and 2 TDs, including a one handed grab that resulted in the teams final touchdown. Newly acquired WR Danny Coale had a marvelous grab on a wheel route as he out jumped double coverage. Hakeem Nicks also had a big day, grabbing 5 passes for 87 YDs. ​
    The ground game was non-existent for the Giants, as the 3-back system only managed a total of 76 YDs. However, the defense was fully dressed. CBs Prince Amukamara and Corey Webster each had interceptions, including Webster's game sealing pick to end the game. Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck, and MLB Mark Herzlich each recorded a sack. Tuck also recovered a fumble forced by S Antrell Rolle. ​
    GG BG

• Like Like x 3
  12. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Saints Win a Barn Burner in Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Player of the Game: WR Marques Colston - New Orleans - 8 Rec, 194 Yards, 4 TDs

---------------------------

GG Blackattack87

• Like Like x 2
  13. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

seriously soxandgators and myself had an epic battle. It was like a chess match.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Washington Redskins 45 at St. Louis Rams 21
    The Redskins took the lead right out of the gate as Tim Hightower took the first play from scrimmage all the way to the house and Washington never looked back. The Redskins forced 4 turnovers, including 3 interceptions of QB Sam Bradford and used a 21 point 2nd quarter to distance themselves from the competition. After a tough loss last week at New Orleans, Robert Griffin III finally has his first win as a pro. The Skins have a tough battle ahead as they look to the Bengals in Week 3. Great game OMlawdog
    Player Stats:​
    QB
    Sam Bradford (STL) - 228 Yards, 3 INT​
    Robert Griffin III (WASH) - 9/9 160 Yards, 1 TD​
    HB
    Steven Jackson (STL) 15 Carries, 90 Yards, 2 TD​
    Tim Hightower (WASH) 12 Carries, 202 Yards, 3 TD​
    WR
    Mike Williams (STL) 6 Catches, 93 Yards​
    Santana Moss (WASH) 3 Catches, 66 Yards, 1 TD​
    DEF
    DeAngelo Hall (WASH) 5 Tackles, 2 INT, 1 TD​

• Like Like x 1
  15. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

I can believe that. Every-time I have played soxandgators it has been a classic battle. Cant beat his freaking tail, but classic none the less :D

16. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Nice win Iowa.

17. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

2 in a Row. Rep that Cooke :D. Looks like the Saints are a serious contender this Year.

18. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I'm just getting lucky.

• Like Like x 2
  19. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Tough loss Hal. Maybe I need to talk to Pitt for pointers on how on to close the deal :)

20. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Good game. Play of the game was when Washington had gone up 14-7 and kicked off to the Rams, only to have the Rams fumble on their 15 yard line and Washington recovered. They punched it in to go up 21-7 and then the Rams threw a terrible pass to give a pick six and that was the ball game. The Rams' defense is simply not good and Washington ran over us. I knew a run play was coming and it didn't matter. I would slant my line to the side of the field to stop the run and nothing happened.

Right now injuries are starting to kick my ass. I lost my starting FS, RE, WR and 3rd WR and I wasn't necessarily deep to begin with. Need to regroup and get ready for the next week.

21. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

[​IMG]
    49ers 43 - Lions 14

In a rematch of the handshake incident, the 49ers came out on top, and the defense came up huge in this one. The 49ers defense forced 8 turnovers, 5 INT's and 3 Fumbles. Carlos Rogers and Chris Culliver each had an interception returned for a TD in the first half leading to a 34-7 halftime lead. Because the game was pretty much sealed early on, Alex Smith only threw 6 passes, he completed 5 of them and had 102 yards and 2 TD's. The Lions defense shut down the 49ers rushing attack for the most part, there were a couple decent runs by Frank Gore, but those were few and far between. Stafford threw 4 first half INT's before being benched by coach redwings8831 in favor of Shaun Hill. The Lions did get a lot of production from Titus Young, who had 8 catches for 90+ yards, and Calvin Johnson who caught 3 passes for 101 yards, 1 of those catches was for 66 yards and a score.

gg redwings8831 good luck to you in the rest of your season.

• Like Like x 1
  22. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Bear and Packers write up coming after work tonight

23. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    No deal to close as it was 13-3 late into the 4th. :(

24. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

[​IMG]

Bengals Earn first Win in Battle of Ohio
    Led by an extremely sharp Andy Dalton and an always-potent AJ Green, the Cincinnati Bengals evened their record at 1-1 with a dominating win over ryty32's Cleveland Browns. Dalton converted 18 of 21 passes for 289 yards and 4 touchdowns. Green added 5 catches for 95 yards and 1 TD, and the Bengals defense controlled the field, forcing key turnovers as Cincinnati dominated time of possession by over 7 minutes.

Good game, ryty. Looking forward to many more. Hopefully my summaries will get a little more detailed once I figure out how to use this MaddenCareer site.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

That hair of Dalton's has GOT to go lol