Season 1, Week 3 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 16, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced! Well done boys! Keep it up!

Next Advance:
    -Wednesday, noon EST or
    -when 11/11 are ready

Last Week Notes:
    -Wky shocks the world and...
    -Texas State hammers TT, UTSA hammers North Texas, Goose hammers... you get the point
    -Gameplay discussion prompted by squirrely commish wreaks havoc already. Cathedral confirmed to be made up of a band of schoolboy b*#&! but love is still in the air as G Morg and Heath reportedly traded plethora of text messages all with an 80s rap theme
    -Our couple first reruits in the Catheral! Post em up boys.

This Week Notes
    -ANNOUNCEMENT: we have changed our difficulty level. Heisman with a few minor adjustments. Look at the Cathedral Homepage for easy access to exactly what our new settings are.
    -Rough week to do it: G Morg @ Kentucky, Bulldog @ Auburn, Plague @ Michigan, Mullen @ Georgia
    -Bye Weeks: Weave, Luke, Pro
    -User Games: None

Other:
    Alright fellas, the game was beyond easy. Embarassingly easy. It is now hard. Probably real hard. Know this and change your mentality. If you try to go head to head with Bama you will get beat by 60 and probably throw 8 picks. If you throw 2 pick and go right back at it, you will most likely throw 13 more. Be smart. Play conservative and patiently. And know that you should be losing a lot... cuz your team sucks. Let's do this!

• Like Like x 3
  2. vatechhokie01

The Roadrunners of San Antonio welcomed an instance commit over the phone late last week from the #33 free safety in the nation, Corey Poole from Galena Park, TX. Corey had drawn interest from Texas Tech but UTSA was the only school to offer to date. The Roadrunners couldn't be more excited with their first signing of the 2013 class.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

^looks like a potential date rapist..good signing

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

As a huge fan of Sandusky you shouldn't use rape jokes Mully

• Like Like x 2
  5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Updated Boom Roasted Power Rankings

• Like Like x 1
  6. vatechhokie01

UTSA 7, Army 6

Totally different game. Had an absolute blast. Some observations:

1) I didn't feel like the computer cheated one time. Sometimes you have to gang tackle. Sometimes they complete 3rd downs and you shake your head. But speed was great, running was very possible (my horrid RB went 14 carries for 72yds), and both sides played fair.

2) It was Army and I barely won. We are going to get our teeth kicked in by good teams. Good. Army's option is terrible. But undeniable positives:
    -I threw 29 passes, completed 14 (my top 2 catchers were my top two WRs by far) and didn't throw one INT
    -at the end of the game I needed to run to chew clock and I actually had great success. cpu didn't cheese at all
    -even down the cpu never felt dumb
    -I got pressure on their qb when passing, their pass rush didn't feel any tougher, and shotgun runs (draws, wr jets, etc) were effective

3) The most notable to me was that I literally just beat Army with my backup QB (my starter got hurt in 1st quarter) who is beyond horrid (66ovr). He went 9 for 18 with 0 INTs. I ran curls, drags, slants, posts, outs, everything. The cpu DBs are better. You will throw a bunch of picks. But I felt like it was much more rewarding for good decisions.

4) Definitely a handful of penalties. 7 (mostly holding and false starts) but the good news is 6 of those were actually on Army. We will need to monitor and this could get frustrating but penalties do exist and it was nice to have some.

Summary: Army is not good. But they are definitely better than UTSA. I just beat them with an effective running and passing game (relative to UTSA) with an absolutely atrocious RB (63ovr) and QB (66ovr) and look at my stats... I can say I honestly didn't cheese one bit. Crazy mix of play calling with run, pass, everything. Heck, my TD was on a 3rd and long draw play with my slow backup white RB that actually worked and he ran for 26yds without being caught (cuz actually my starting horrid RB got hurt for 2 quarters as well!).

I say I just had the most fun I've had on this game. But beware... we are up for some butt whoopings!

P.S. Lamest thing I can think of was Army hit a 42yd and 40yd FG right down the middle with ease. We will prob need to adjust these even more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. vatechhokie01

In other news, Coach Hale is hot in the recruiting game right now as UTSA shored up its deep secondary and received its 2nd commitment from SS Andrew Alford, from New Braunfels, TX. It was a somewhat unexpected commitment as UTSA hadn't spent nearly any time scouting the prospect and hopes Alford to be at least what the pundits expect, especially as Alford had drawn at least interest (no offers) from SEC schools Arkansas and Mississippi State.

[​IMG]

8. vatechhokie01

P.S. Update your team pages! And support Pro by checking out Pro's Take!

The Roadrunners are 3-0! I get 4 wins and we'll call it a successful season in San Antonio!

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

FAU falls to #5 UGA

Fellas, it was a great game. Isiah Crowell ran all over me but, it have a 60 ovr defense. I threw two picks but they were stupid ones on my end. Game didnt feel like cheating at all. Felt like it should, a 52-10 ass kicking. I had two goals coming into it...rush for 100 yards and score a td. I was able to do that, I moved the ball quite well, stalled a few times on the good side of the 50. Had some open men, hit them most the time. Play action passes actually worked. All in all...exactly what I signed up for.

QB Wilbert 20-33 242 yards 1 td 2 Int
    HB Moon 24 carries, 108 yards
    3 wrs with 5 catches a piece

• Like Like x 1
  10. vatechhokie01

This is what I'm talking about!

your stats were pretty good! geez.

11. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I'm getting my taste of the new difficulty, 3 and 10 Kentucky throws up a 51 yard jump ball and Rec goes up over 2 DB and comes down with the catch LOL

YOU WIN!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. vatechhokie01

your DBs two overalls added up probably don't match that of the receiver's who went up over them, lol

SEC vs W Kentucky. Sounds good to me!

• Like Like x 2
  13. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I had this same thing...had to laugh. My guy had position but dude just jumped right over him

14. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Don't tell me you haven't seen it irl before. Happens every weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  15. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Dang did you tune INT off???

16. vatechhokie01

yes, both (Human and cpu) down to 30

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  17. Luke

Luke Walk On

Did my recruiting ready for my battle with pro. I will hop on the computer tonight and update my team page (usually post from phone). Heath, post the link to the dynasty website please?

18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

o no, thats what I meant. huge dude just posted up my db's. awesome catch animation. ready to advance yet?

19. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

http://www.easports.com/dynasty/

20. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Big win for MTSU against Memphis after losing last week

It was a great outing for the MTSU Blue Raiders they able to move the ball on the ground pretty well with 36 rushing attempts for 173 yards and 3 touchdowns but it was a hard day for the Qb L. Kilgore completing passes with going 8-20 but having 185 yard passing (Big 77 yds TD pass on a confused Safety) and 2 touchdowns but also didn't throw any INT's this game. Wr receivers just werent able to catch the ball well for him or he just over threw them. MTSU defense showed up and dominated the game with only giving up only 10 points and only forced one turnover late the game which was off a fumble and also forced a safety. Its a big surprise to the defense stepping up this season becasue everyone thought they wouldn't be very good at all this season.

HB Benny Cunningham- 19 carries for 86 yds and 2 touchdowns
    Wr Tavaris Jefferson- 4 Catches for 115 yads and 2 touchdowns
    DT Kendall Dangerfield- 4 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and sack for a safety

21. Luke

Luke Walk On

22. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Fellas I won 16-14. Stats late tonight or tomorrow Im on a date with my wife!

The highlights didnt upload, so next game I will do what I normally do and upload during game rather then after. I know I ran the ball well and I was scared to pass it but Heath you were right, this is the way to go. I hope to rematch BAMA on this level because I think I can hold my own...LOL

• Like Like x 1
  23. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

DBS 5'8 AND 5'9 WR 6'4 LOL I WILL HAVE TALL CORNERS NEXT YEAR!!!

• Like Like x 1
  24. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Lol awesome!

25. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU 16 - UK 14

This was a tough game WKU attempted to mix up the offense early but to no success. WKU scored on a 39 yard FD with 1:57 left in the 1st Qtr, however UK answered right back with an impressive drive of their own to end the 1st Qtr. LAte in the 2nd WKU capped off a decent drive with a 2 yard rushing TD by J.Evans. UK quickly answered back before halftime with 10 yard passing TD. WKU went up late in the 3rd Qtr with a running TD by K.Simpson. This TD capped an excited day for Mr. Simpson, who ran for 157 on 26 attempts.

Stats

K. Jakes 7 for 15 80 yards
    K.Simpson 26 Att for 157 yards TD
    J. Doyle 3 Rec for 37 yards

• Like Like x 1