Season 1 - Week 3 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 1 - Week 3 Scores

Week 3 is up (finally). Thanks for everyone's patience.

The week 2 Bama/Texas game was simmed, with Texas getting a 34-24 victory at home. The win moves the Longhorns into the #1 spot in this weeks polls.

Next advance will be on Monday evening at latest.

User games:
    #5 LSU (mcyork) at Nebraska (hippo)
    Tennessee (recchem) at #2 Florida (eagles)

2. Dru50

Alabama - 41
    Oklahoma St - 31

Bama goes on the road for a second consecutive week in the Big 12, but this time pulls out a late win by 10. Coach Dru is very concerned about the teams struggles in the passing game, but the option game was extremely effective in this game with Ingram and Star Jackson combining for nearly 300 rushing yards and all 5 TD's.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Kansas St- 42
    UCLA- 30

Kansas St had this game in control from the opening kickoff, totalling 468yds. Chris Harper threw for 336yds 4 TD and ran for another 51yds 1 TD. Attrail Snipes led the wideouts with 108yds 1 TD. The Wildcats still can't shake the turnover bug as Harper throws 3 INT. Another blow was the injury to starting RB Daniel Thomas who will be out 1-2 weeks. UCLA did make a 4th quarter push scoring 2 late TD's but ran out of time. Up next is FCS Southeast. The Wildcats should use this as a tune up game before they start their Big 12 schedule.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#24 Cincy 31
    #6 Ohio St 21

Bearcats Upend Buckeyes!!!

[​IMG]

There's a new king in Ohio this year as the Cincinnati Bearcats have claimed rights to the state knocking off #6 tOSU in the Horseshoe.

The Bearcats were in trouble early as their defense couldn't contain the Buckeye passing game. Terrelle Pryor was able to pick the secondary apart as there was no pass rush at all generated by the Bearcats front. Thankfully the Bearcats were able to make some corrections later in the game to contain the high powered Buckeye offense.

On the other side of the ball, Cincy did as Cincy does. They sustained drive after drive against a stout Buckeyes defense that they made look outmanned at times. Sr QB Tony Pike was in and out of the game with nagging injuries and finally in the 3rd quarter he was knocked out of the game for good when he tweaked his hamstring. He shouldn't miss much time as they expect him back next week. He finished 13/19 for 241 yds and a TD. His replacement, Sophomore Zach Collaros proved worthy to the challenge as he stepped in going 4/6 for 90 yards and a TD. He also showed a little change of pace to the Bearcats offense as Collaros is also a runner. I don't think the Buckeyes were ready for an athletic QB. Collaros carried 7 times for 43 yards and a score.

The man of the day was SR. WR Mardy Gilyard, and boy did he have himself a day. He toyed with the Buckeye secondary at times as they were unable to keep an eye on him. "They don't want none a us! This is my state!!!" Gilyard was quoted as saying after the game. He finished with 8 receptions for 227 yards and 2 TDs. He even added a rushing TD when on the goalline, OC Mike Leach subbed him into HB to run a sweep when both HB's were exhausted.

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball WR. M. Gilyard 8 rec, 227 yds, 2 TDs, car, 5 yds, TD

OSU WR D. Posey, 5 rec, 196 yds, TD

Notable youngsters:
    FR SS D. Frey 4 tackles, tfl, 2 INTs
    SO OLB JK Schaffer, 7 tkls, tfl
    SO HB I. Pead, 11 car, 40 yds, 5 rec, 45 yds​

Here's some of the day's highlights:
    Frey's 2nd pick to seal the game. Talk about throwing into quadruple coverage.
    [​IMG]

Look at the big DE showing his hands and athleticism. Thankfully my HB ran him down. That would have been disaster.
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16123412

Frey's first pick of the day
    [​IMG]

Play of the game - Gilyard hangs on to this too.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TuCtLL0kkUE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TuCtLL0kkUE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UT - 0
    UF - 34

Just got dominated by Tebow and the Gators. Once again Crompton threw the ball to wrong team, throwing 5 picks in the loss. Congrats to EaglesIrish on the beatdown he gave us at the Swamp!

6. Dru50

Dang, nice win by the gators. Shutting out any user opponent is impressive.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I will have my game in late tonight. I can usually them in the day of advance during the week but weekends are a little tougher.

8. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

OU gets the Home Win 45-19.
    Sam Bradford picked the D apart in the 2nd half and spread the ball around to 9 Receivers. The D had another good day led by Sophomore Sam Proctor. He racked up 11 tackles, 2 sacks, and a pick. The D had 7 sacks and 2 picks overall.
    Bradford 20-25 -261-3-1
    Murray 23-186-2
    Gresham 5-90-2
    Broyles 5-61-1

9. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Nebraska - 28
    LSU - 24

This one was a close game and there probably would have a different outcome if it was played in Death Valley. It was back and forth all game, and Nebraska had to drive down the field with 2 minutes remaining down by 3. The clock was down to 8 seconds and Nebraska had the ball at the LSU 6 yard line with no timeouts remaining. Zac Lee connected with TE Mike McNeill over the middle for the winning TD.

Good game again Mcyork, I am looking forward to our match up next year at your place.

10. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

WOW... good game. Went 4 the W with no TO's left instead of OT. I like it

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Yeah it surprised me too. lol he played a great game I will get a summary up tonight as well as a scouting report. I had a Dennis Green moment "they are who we thought they were" I really don't like my playbook. I like to run and I hate the option but my QB is fast so I thought this was the one. I will be switching it up at the end of the year if things don't get any better. I think I only had 190 yards of total offense UGH.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

In the matchup that pitted #20 @ #16, USF beat Penn St 47-33 in a weird one. USF lost the T.O.P. battle running the fleXbox One... Both our QBs were picked off once. The Bulls were 4-7 on 3rd down compared to PSU's 5-16. USF was out-gained by 100yds... 472 to 372. D. Clark went 36/49 377yd and 3TDs against the Bulls. What saved USF were (2) KR for TDs. (Something has to be done about the sliders in that department, because the CPU gets blown up badly on kick returns). Without those 2 TDs though, this game could have been totally different. USF and Coach Max happily head home to play Baylor in Tampa next week. At a press conference, when asked about his team's performance in Happy Valley, Coach Max had this to say "Well, we won. That is a good thing. We didnt do too many other good things today besides win. We're going to have to play our [rear ends] off from here on out if we want to get where we want to be".

Grothe
    12/17 143yd 1TD 1INT

Plancher
    13ATT 113yd

Ford
    9ATT 57yd 2TD

Taylor
    3ATT 21yd 2TD

Wilson (MLB)
    15TACK 3TFL 1INT

13. Dru50

I'd like to advance tonight, Texas and Pittsburgh still need to play their games. Blaza/Noles - can you let me know if you expect to get the games in sometime tonight?

On a side note - huge upset happened in the Big East, as Notre Dame got taken down by Purdue. Bruce, any details?

14. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

mine will be in this afternoon

15. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Notre Dame pulled a Charlie Weiss special and got upset by an under dog.

Wait a minute, what???

16. Dru50

Bruce had a technical difficulty and will be replaying his game tonight.

And no, the technical difficulty has nothing to do with his actual playing ability, so no one go there. ;)

17. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Sluggish Panthers awake in 2nd Half
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    Pitt 10 14 14 20 58
    Or St 0 23 0 0 23

Corvallis, OR-- Pittsburgh grabbed an early 10 lead and threaten to score again until a Beaver defender jumped in front of Stull pass and returned it for a TD and 23 points in the second quarter. If it wasnt for the throw the Beavers most likely would have been shutout. Dion Lewis had a special day as he received 35 carries and went for 340 yards a 9.7 average with 4 TDs. Lewis had two runs over 50 yards with his longest being 72 right before halftime. Bill Stull struggled but completed 13-22 for 160 yards with 3 TDs and 3 INTs. The defense played lights out besides the second quarter with Gunn leading in tackles with 12 and Greg Romeus with 8 tackles, 5 TFL and 2 sacks. Pitt will host top 15 Georgia next week.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Pitt Or St
    Score 58 23
    First Downs 21 16
    Total Offense 572 335
    Rushes-Yards-TD 49-412-4 32-22-0
    Comp-Att-TD 13-22-3 20-28-2
    Passing Yards 160 313
    3rd Down 6-12 (50) 4-11 (36)
    Redzone-TD-FG 6-4-1 (83) 3-2-1 (100)
    Turnovers 3 3