Archived Season 1 Week 3

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jul 10, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]

SEASON THREE WEEK ONE
    [​IMG]
    Advance Max: Monday @10 PM EST

=============== #23 Oklahoma State Cowboys (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Cowboys were idle.
    This week, the Cowboys will host North Carolina (2-0).

=============== #21 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Longhorns were idle.
    This week, the Longhorns will host Northwestern (0-1).

=============== #11 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Hokies were idle.
    This week, the Hokies travel to Baton Rouge to face the #1 LSU Tigers (1-0).

=============== #18 Virginia Cavaliers (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Cavaliers were idle.
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-1).

=============== #4 Oklahoma Sooners (1-0) ===============

Last week the Sooners were idle.
    This week, the Sooners will host #2 Oregon (1-0).

=============== Maryland Terrapins (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Maryland won 24-17 against Utah State (1-1).
    This week, the Terrapins will host Connecticut (1-0).

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Red Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Red Raiders will host Indiana (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:- (***) TE Matt O'Connor has committed to Texas Tech

=============== #14 TCU Horned Frogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Horned Frogs were idle.
    This week, the Horned Frogs travel to Madison to face the #13 Wisconsin Badgers (2-0).

=============== North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 24-17 against Wake Forest (1-1).
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to Stillwater to face the #23 Oklahoma State Cowboys (1-0).

=============== NC State Wolfpack (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Wolfpack were idle.
    This week, the Wolfpack will host Wyoming (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following NC State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Travis Nichols has committed to NC State

=============== #9 Kansas State Wildcats (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats will host Houston (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Kansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Josh Beverly has committed to Kansas State

=============== #17 Florida State Seminoles (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Seminoles were idle.
    This week, the Seminoles will host Wake Forest (1-1).

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Okay not sure why I posted in week 1 earlier, so sorry for the repost:

VT- 26
    LSU-0

The Hokies defense showed the nation a glimpse of what it is capable of completely dominating the #1 ranked Tigers of LSU. VT held the LSU offense to only 79yards of offense, recorded 10 sacks, and forced 1 turnover. DE James Gayle was a force providing constant pressure with a team high 5 sacks. The offense chipped away at the LSU defense and was lead by an effeciant day from QB Logan Thomas who finished with 18/21 227yds 2 TD, with one lone INT as his only blemish to a perfect day. RB Michael Holmes lead alll rushers with 42yds. If the offense and defense can both show up the only team in the Hokies way are themselves.​

• Like Like x 1
  4. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Wake Forest 26
    Florida State 28
    [​IMG]

This game started off with two great drives from the Seminole offense punching in two early TD's to make it 14-0 in the first. The defense looked even better than the offense in the first with several stops, Lamarcus Joyner gave us great field position on an INT in Wake territory. Wake Forest was able to find there footing on the offensive side of the ball driving into FSU territory but were only able to come away with a FG. After a three and out, Wake was right back in business. Making it to the FSU 19 they decided to go for it on 4th and 1 and they were stuffed in the backfield and came away with no points. We were able to put one more TD drive together right before the half, with Devonta Freeman running in from 11 yards out.. 21-3 halftime lead for the Seminoles.

The second half was quite a different story for the Seminoles. The first play of the second half E.J. Manuel threw this first INT of the game and Wake Forest came away with another FG. After moving the chains a couple of times on our next drive, Manuel threw his 2rd pick of the game on a deep ball. Wake Forest then took a screen play 70 yards for a score on what would have made the NOT Top 10 of user tackling. Manuel is then injured on the next drive (5 weeks) forcing Clint Trickett to come in at QB.. On his first drive he goes 2-2 including a 44 yard TD to TE Nick O'Leary to put the lead at 28-13. Greg Reid caps off the end of the 3rd quarter with an INT.

First play of the 4th quarter WR Christian Green fumble on our on 8 yard line and Wake Forest walks into the end zone cutting the lead to 9 after the failed 2pt conversion. Trickett comes out the next possession and tries to do too much and throws his first INT of the game (3rd for the Seminoles) After a long Wake Forest run, they punch in another TD on a 6 yard carry from Josh Harris. Another interception thrown by Trickett gives Wake Forest the ball in great field position only down 2 points in the fourth..They go for it on 4th and 4 just across the 50 and get stopped on 4th once again. Next possession Trickett is hit on a scramble and fumbles, marking our 4th turnover of the 4th quarter. Once again our defense is up for the challenge and Lamarcus Joyner gets his 2nd INT of the game and we were able to run out the clock..

Offensive Player of the Game: Devonta Freeman 22 carries 109 yards and 1 TD 3 catches for 29 yards..

Defensive Player of the Game: Lamarcus Joyner 3 tackles and 2 INT's..

Next week the Noles welcome Clemson to Tallahassee as we look to claim our second conference win. The injury to E.J. Manuel will likely change up the game plan for the Noles. Should be another interesting ballgame.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I am confused should i post results here or in game summaries thread?

6. IrishBearcat

If you wanna keep all your summaries in you team thread, make sure to copy and paste the summary here too. All summaries for each week need to be compiled into the weekly thread. Not everyone keeps track of their summaries in their team thread. bawvu97

7. IrishBearcat

Great win for the ACC! Hokie D looks stout. With all the hype of Virginia Tech I thought they would've won at least 75-0, did somebody get hurt? :rolleyes:

Also, seems like it's very easy to get sacks on this game. I had 10 sacks in my week one game too. A possible slider tweak?

Great to see you team rebound after a tough opening season loss. The injury to Manuel is extremely unfortunate, but if I remember correctly Trickett isn't too shabby. I think he threw a touchdown pass IRL on the opening play of FSU's spring game. Good job holding on with the backup and getting that key first win and avoiding an 0-2 start.

8. IrishBearcat

Okie State v UNC is underway. I'll be playing tonight. That leaves:

BakerWildcat7
    iBleedOrange247
    BennettForce

I will have internet access until Monday evening now. I setup my TV and xbox in my old place. I have to turn in the keys monday night. :)

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Not sure if slider tweak would help. Its mostly when you bring pressure up the middle. I noticed the T will suck in half the time creating a free run for the DE. It is a risk reward because the half the ties the T does block the DE and the inside blitz is picked up by the RB you get burned with the 1 vs 1 coverage. I didn't blitz everydown, mostly on crucial 3rd and longs. Especially after I noticed the free run form the DE sometimes, I didn't want to "cheese" the cpu. But VT does have a pimp ass front 7 which helps. I might test some play now games with a low rated D vs a high rated O and see what happens.

10. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Got it their chief...Can i start with week 4?

11. IrishBearcat

It's an interesting finding. Lemme know what you find out.

-Cougars-
    The Parrothead

Nice wins. How did you games play out?

12. IrishBearcat

You're really going to deprive everyone of the Big Mac Coma? Copy and paste! :)

13. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Maryland Falls to UCONN 31 - 21

Yeah i lost to the CPU :( I am always the first one lol

After throwing 4 INT's, Maryland's QB ate himself into a coma by eating Big Mac's and Supersized French Fries. First drive of game was the hint of what was to come while the CPU rushed 3 Defenders leading to a FF which eventually led to a TD. For whatever reason the CPU depth chart had my best WR 5th string behind a FS. The only people that could catch a damn cold were my TE's and HB's my WR's have hands of brick. Hopefully their Junior year will be better than their Sophomore.

Next up is WVU

• Like Like x 1
  14. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Freshman Leads Way

UNC traveled to Stillwater this week with crazy anticipation for this game. With the Big 12 vs AA challenge at 1-1 this game would break the tie. The game would start with OKSU getting the ball first and Lunt would go right to work. After 2 Randle rushes Lunt would complete a strike to Anderson for 35 yards keeping the drive alive. Few plays later in the drive however OKSU would be forced to kick a 41 yard FG.
    3-0 OKSU

UNC would start their drive from the 25 yard line however after picking up a quick first down QB Renner would be hurt for a small period of the game. His back up Williams would be sacked twice to end the drive and they would punt.

OKSU would receive the punt and look to take advantage of it. However they would go 3 and out and Give the ball right back to UNC. UNC would go 3 and out as well as the defenses looked to set the tone early.

OKSU would connect on a quick throw that turned into a 52 yard completion. On the next play OKSU would throw a ball into the flat and would connect with the FB who would walk into the endzone.
    10-0 OKSU

After a 4 yard rush by UNC Renner would be pressured and would throw an interception to SS Gary who is a young SS for the Cowboys. That would lead to OKSU going on a nice drive getting inside the 5 yard line however the UNC defense held tough and forced them to kick a short FG of 25 yards
    13-0 OKSU

With little time in the first half left UNC would go on a drive that would kick start their lifeless offense. Keyed by a few nice easy completions and some missed tackles by OKSU they would drive right down and score a touchdown making the score
    13-7 OKSU

Lunt would make his lone mistake of the game as he forced a ball vs the blitz and that resulted in an interception by UNC and allowed for a good return. UNC again would complete an easy out route vs OKSU and his WR would walk in for the score to go into halftime up
    14-13 UNC

Coming out of the half UNC looked to add to its 1 point lead. after 2 completions and a 5 yard rush SS Gary would again make his impact felt. This time another interception from the young SS as UNC targeted him from the start. As OKSU began to drive QB Lunt would scramble. On this scramble instead of sliding down at the 18 yard line he would try and fight for yards. This time he fumbled. Off the fumble UNC would convert a 50 yard completion then a 13 yard completion. This would lead to an 8 yard Rush in which OKSU (User would run right by the RB on a dive.
    21-13 UNC

To start the series OKSU would take their shot. This time a wide open WR Moore would be running and Lunt would hit him in stride for a 71 yard strike. A speed option play would convert the 2 tieing the game
    21-21 Tie

With their backs against the wall OKSU would have UNC in a 4th and 15. UNc would run a PA cross play with the slot WR coming wide open and Renner hitting him in stride. 3 plays later UNC would be pounding the ball for a TD.
    28-21 UNC

Down 7 Lunt walks into the huddle. Calm and cool he states we are winning this thing guys lets go. After an incompletion on the first play Lunt would connect for 10 on the next then a 10 yard run by Randle an 8 yard run by Randle an 18 yard pass by Lunt A 9 yard pass an 18 yard completion a 0 yard rush would finish off the drive and tie the game
    28-28 Tie

UNC now had 51 seconds to score and break the tie. Renner would go throw a corner route into double coverage. JR CB Stephens would be in the perfect position to make the play. OKSU had given so many chances to take the ball away and they just kept failing. This time they would intercept the ball. In FG range UNC choose to let OKSU score as Randle walked in from 35 yards out.
    35-28 OKSU

UNC would attempt to score but would fail.

OKSU
    LUNT - 18/25 347 yrds 4 TD 1 INT
    Randle - 15/49 - 2-40 TD
    Great Game Bl0ndeRedHead

• Like Like x 1
  15. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

Norman, OK--AP
    Oklahoma 45 Oregon 31

The Sooners started the game shaky with a Jones Int and quickly got down 0-14, they scraped back and would go back and forth for much of the game. The porous defense finally made a few stands in the 4th quarter but was having trouble with Oregon's scrambling Robo QB who could not hardly be brought down. The offensive Player of the Game was Kenny Stills with 3 receptions all for TD and 136 yards receiving, Jones was again solid with 4 TD throws and the 1 INT, On defense MLB Wort had 13 tackles and 1.5 sacks to keep Oregon only slightly at bay. Oklahoma travels to KSU which could prove interesting in his upcoming game vs a tough user BakerWildcat, it should be fun.

Player of the Game
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. IrishBearcat

Finished my game. I'll have my recap done tomorrow.

iBleedOrange247 is last. He's playing tomorrow and we will advance after that.

17. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Dang we are waiting on him again. We just had to wait on him in the Experience Come on Man LOL

• Like Like x 1
  18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'll get to it after I play nik and Hokie.

19. IrishBearcat

He had some stuff that needed his attention today. No worries fellas, we're moving quickly. :)

20. IrishBearcat

#13[​IMG][​IMG]#14

TEXAS CHRISTIAN STUNS BADGERS
    IN OVERTIME THRILLER 26-23

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Coming off a gritty victory against Cincinnati in the opener TCU entered the bye week with a 1-0 record. This week the Horned Frogs traveled to Camp Randall Stadium to take on the #13 Wisconsin Badgers. The last time these two teams met was in the Rose Bowl where Texas Christian pulled off an upset for the ages.
    TCU won the toss and elected to differ. After a boot on the kickoff for a touchdown the Badgers took the field. On the very first play of the game QB J. Brennan forced an errant throw into coverage Elisha Alabode picked off the pass. TCU began the drive in Wisconsin territory but failed to convert a 4th and inches on a sneak by Casey Pachell. Wisconsin answered the defensive stop with a nice offensive drive. Brennan lead the team down the field but the TCU defense stiffened and forced a field goal. TCU fumbled and threw a pick (later the replay showed it hit the ground and should have been an incomplete pass! ;) ) while past the 50 yard line. An ugly start lead to an 0-3 deficit at the end of the first.
    Wisconsin added another field goal to begin the quarter. Down 0-6 the Horned Frog offense could not pick up steam. Finally, in the middle of the second quarter, the first touchdown of the game was scored. RB Montae Ball picked up great blocking on the edge from the offensive line. A TCU linebacker whiffed on a tackle and the free safety was embarrassed on a nasty pancake block.

[​IMG]

TCU now trailed 0-13. It looked like the offense was destined for another punt when it faced 3rd and 9, but Pachell finally made a big play on a deep pass that moved the offense down to the Badger thirty yard line. Texas Christian pounded the football to force a 1st and goal, but a sack on second down lead to only 3 points before the half. TCU was finally on the board, but still staring down a 3-13 deficit at the break.
    Texas Christian got the ball to open the second half and desperately needed to get some points. The offense moved down the field again, but the Wisconsin D stood strong and forced a field goal. With the score cut to 13-7, both teams pounded each other with their defense. Not a single point was scored for the remainder of the quarter. TCU entered the fourth quarter trailing by a touchdown.
    The fourth quarter was exciting and entertaining. TCU faced a 3rd and goal after quickly surging down the field. Pachell dropped back and located WR Josh Boyce for a 9 yard touchdown on a dig route. With the game tied at 13-13 you could feel the momentum swinging in favor TCU. The defense fed off the momentum, and quickly forced a three and out. Pachell was starting to heat up and moved the football team back inside the red zone.

This time the offense faced ANOTHER third and goal situation. They went right back to the well and Pachell lofted a pass to a wide open Boyce who was standing in the center of the end zone uncovered. The Horned Frogs now lead 20-13!

Wisconsin felt the urgency and began transitioning from a ground and pound offense to a more balanced shotgun attack for the final 2:30 of the game. Wisconsin marched right down the field and with :44 seconds launched a 17 yard strike to Jeff Duckworth to tie the ball game at 20-20.

The last drive of regulation started great and ended in confusion. TCU advanced the ball to the 29 yard line on a deep pass with :25 left and no timeouts. They tried to hurry up and run running play to center the football, but then Pachell stepped out from center and chose to switch the play in fear of time expiring. Pachell raced to the sideline and threw the ball out of bounds, but holding was called on the play! Coach IrishBearcat, by accident, sent out the punt team without timeouts. The team was forced to take a delay of game and moved back to the 44 yard line. A bomb to the end zone with :04 left was the last play of fourth quarter as it was batted down. Overtime!
    Texas Christian won the toss and elected to send the defense out first. Wisconsin picked up a first down behind the legs of Montae Ball, but the Horned Frog D stuffed the offense to force a field goal. Down 20-23 Pachell lead his team onto the field. After a run up the gut, IrishBearcat called a Power-O play to the left. RB Waymon James burst off of the tackle's ass and picked up great blocks that moved the CB and SS out of his path. He ran into the end zone untouched to seal the victory!!!

"I'm so damn proud of our kids," said Coach IrishBearcat, "they could've easily packed it in after a poor first half on the road, but they chose to give everything they had and more."

Tune in next week as the team travels back to Forth Worth to host the Virginia Cavaliers. Coach Irishbearcat and Coach Cougars have one of the longest rivalries in all of college football. It should be a dandy. :)

• Like Like x 2
  21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Had a nice recap going until my smart self accidentally closed the fucking page. Time to shorten this.

The Cavaliers defense had come to play in Atlanta. They were determined to shut down this option offense and they did. They only held Georgia Tech to 128 yards on 35 attempts. Now passing on the other hand, the Virginia secondary had problems stopping. Tevin Washington who isn't known for passing the ball threw for 231 yards. The Cavaliers offense seemed non-existant on the ground today. Perry Jones who ran for 221 yards against USC only racked up 129 yards on 20 carries but had 3 TD's. The Cavaliers aren't relying on sophomore transfer Philip Sims to carry the team as of yet. Give him one more season and you will see big things from him. The Cavaliers shut down the option and Georgia Tech only put up 28 points. Virginia blew them out the water beating the Yellow Jackets 49-28.

22. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Nothing worse than working on a post/thread for over an hour and accidentally closing the page or clicking a link that directs you to a different page. I've lost hundreds of lengthy posts this way

• Like Like x 1
  23. IrishBearcat

Yuppp. I was freaking out I was gonna close out my recap above by accident. Thank goodness it's posted.

24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I can't agree with you more man. I was pissed.

25. IrishBearcat

iBleedOrange247 is going to be done around 4-5 PM EST. I need somebody to toss commissioner to as I won't have internet 3 PM EST until tomorrow afternoon. -Cougars- , could you possibly advance this ish again?