Season 1 - Week 4 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 1 - Week 4 Scores

All CPU games this week. We will advance no later than Thursday, but hopefully we can advance by Wednesday night.

2. Dru50

Alabama 45
    Arkansas 38

Another week with zero defense from the Tide. The two teams combined for nearly 1,000 yards of total offense in a shootout.

I have to be honest, I really am not a fan of the sliders/settings we currently have. The CPU came out in a 4-3 on every play, even against 4 wide on 3rd and long, and it blitzed about 90% of the time. That's the reason that I could put up 45 points, I knew that at least every other play I'd be looking at straight man coverage and a 7-8 man rush. When the CPU is that predictable the game just isn't enjoyable. I don't know how much of my defensive struggles are due to me sucking vs the sliders so I won't comment there.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UL Lafayette - 20
    Tennessee - 41

Was never really in danger of losing this one although the UL QB absolutely shredded my pass defense, hitting 33 of 43 for 400 yards and 3 scores. Crompton, the INT machine, managed to throw his 1st TD of the season (he also added another 2 picks to his stats). The ground game was solild, running for over 150 yards as Hardesty and Brown shared the bulk of the carries. A good win for the Vols as they rebound from the beat-down in the Swamp the week before.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Kansas St- 56
    FCS SE- 3

Not too exciting. I chewed the clock the whole game and 2nd string played second half. Racked up some good balanced offensive yards. Still threw 2 pics and gave up some stupid big plays against the pass, but only gave up 3 points. Start my Big 12 schedule next week. Then we will see how far along the Wildcats are.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

USF works Griffin and Baylor to the tune of 52 points. USF was working the clock early and this on was a total team win. Bogan returned another Kickoff for a TD. The Bulls compiled 360yd rushing on 32 carries as a team. Baylor had no chance.

Final Score
    52-20
    Here is Ford trucking 2 Baylor Bears at once.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/goHvHf7XSjI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/goHvHf7XSjI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

try to get my game in today before practice and after my 1clock class.. if not it will be in after class tonight

7. Dru50

Thanks Noles.

Can those of you who haven't played let me know if you plan on playing tonight? Seeing as how all the games were CPU games I was hoping we could advance tonight. I have a couple games in other OD's to play tonight and then will be up into the wee hours playing Mass Effect 2, so I can try and advance late if needed.

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'll get mine in tonight around 9 or 10pm EST.

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Panthers claw back and beat the Dawgs

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    UGA 3 16 10 3 32
    Pitt 7 14 10 8 39

Pittsburgh, PA-- Georgia came into the game with a loss and ranked 19th while Pitt is undefeated and climbing the polls at 17th. The ball game was close the whole way with Pitt having a 21-19 advantage at half. Dion Lewis left the game early in the third quarter with a triceps injury. Shariff Harris didnt miss a beat but Bill Stull did as he threw 3 picks. Georgia scored with 3:38 left in the game and claimed the lead by 1, 32-31. Pitt didnt waste any time and Pat Bostick's first throw of the year went for 74 yards at 3:24, 39-32. Georgia would run the ball three straight times and give it back to Pitt where they would chew the clock out. A very tough test in an SEC team and will help us next week for the conference opener @ Louisville and then Notre Dame the week after.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UGA Pitt
    Score 32 39
    First Downs 15 18
    Total Offense 442 468
    Rushes-Yards-TD 30-32-0 39-112-2
    Comp-Att-TD 20-29-2 12-26-2
    Passing Yards 410 356
    3rd Down 5-14 (35) 6-11 (54)
    Redzone-TD-FG 5-0-4 (80) 4-2-0 (50)
    Turnovers 2 4
    Fumble 1 1
    Interception 1 3
    Total Yards 627 773
    Punts-Avg 3-44.3 2-51.0
    Pen-Yards 3-15 2-25
    TOP 13:07 15:47

player stats in team thread

10. Dru50

Solid win for Pitt, well done Noles.

11. GoGators

#18 Cincy 35
    Ohio 30

EA Sports is a Laughingstock!

The Bearcats win what was the most unfun game ever. I think I would have rather peeled onions than played this game. The Ohio QB Boo Jackson gets the game ball as he has the most remarkable passing day ever, 35/43, 409 yds, and 3 TDs. The Cincy D couldn't get any pressure on him. If they blitzed, he hit the hot route. If they played zone, he sat in the pocket and ate his lunch until someone came open. What a joke of a game.

I really wish I still had my old playstation because I'd rather go back and play NCAA 98, at least that game was fun.

Backbreaker comes out this spring, it's a new football game with an entirely new engine. I'm thinking I might actually buy it to replace this piece!

Anyways, here's the stats:
    Players of the Game:
    Game Ball QB BOO Jackson 184.3 rating, 35/43, 409 yds, 3 TDs

Notable youngsters:
    FR SS D. Frey 7 tackles
    SO OLB JK Schaffer, 5 tkls, 2 tfl, sack​

We should have put us all in the same conference and just played the battle royale. Playing the CPU is saddening.

12. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Gators - Now you know how I felt playing Oregon and Robo Masoli

Week 4:

Nebraska - 52
    Southern Miss - 14

We forced a few big turnovers early and cruised to victory. The score at halftime was 42-7 I believe. The starters sat the entire 2nd half...I don't think I threw a pass during that period either.

Will post full update in the team thread tomorrow.

13. Dru50

Don't worry Gators, we are going to be changing the difficulty to AA and implementing different sliders starting next week.

14. Dru50

Everyone is done except for Bruce (ND) and Eagles (UF). Eagles told me last night he will get his game in today. Bruce, please let me know when you will be getting your game in. I need to advance tonight one way or the other, so we can keep things moving.

15. GoGators

I agree, but there's clearly a huge difference between Ohio QB Boo Jackson and Oregon QB Jeramiah Masoli.

16. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Oh definitely, but your description of what the QB did against your defense was eerily similar to how my game vs Oregon went.

Good job of hanging in there and getting the W.

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    LSU 7 10 17 6 40
    MSU 0 3 7 0 10

LSU Lays the Smack Down On MSU

LSU traveled to Starks Mississippi today and put a smack down on the Bulldogs of Mississippi State 40-10. Its not all good news however SO QB Jordan Jefferson seemed to be clicking under center as he was 10-12 for 94 yards and a TD through the 1st QTR when he was hit while throwing the ball and came up lame. He will be out for three weeks with back spasms. His replacement was true FR Russell Shepard who came in and promptly threw 2 INT's as he started 1-6 as the team went to Half Time. "The coaches in the booth came down and sat down with Russell and showed him a couple of schemes MSU was running against him trying to confuse him. He came out to start the second half driving the team down the field and putting points on the board building up his confidence. The boy who came in with 7 min left in the 2nd Qtr left as a man." said coach York after the game. Shepard ended the game 9-13 for 185 yards and two TD's. Charles Scott lead the team on the ground with 136 yards. On D SS Chad Jones had 15 tackles and 1 sack. The D forced 5 turnovers during the game.

18. Dru50

Bruce, please get your game in by midnight tonite, as that is the latest I will advance the week. Thanks.