Season 1 - Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Louisville Cardinals (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Louisville won 28-25 against Ball State (0-2).
    This week, the Cardinals travel to Lexington to face the Kentucky Wildcats (1-1).

=============== Missouri Tigers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Missouri lost 24-21 against TCU (2-0).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Pittsburgh to face the Pittsburgh Panthers (1-1).

=============== Pittsburgh Panthers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Pittsburgh won 42-35 against Air Force (1-1).
    This week, the Panthers will host Missouri (1-1).

=============== Syracuse Orange (1-1) ===============
    Last week the Orange were idle.
    This week, the Orange travel to Lubbock to face the #18 Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Syracuse targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Ken Williams has committed to Syracuse

=============== #13 Texas A&M Aggies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 34-27 against Arkansas (2-0).
    This week, the Aggies will host Cincinnati (2-0).

=============== #18 Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Red Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Red Raiders will host Syracuse (1-1).

=============== USF Bulls (1-0) ===============
    Last week, USF won 38-21 against FIU (1-1).
    This week, the Bulls will host #23 Georgia (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Desmond Beard has committed to Mississippi State

=============== Baylor Bears (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Baylor won 59-21 against Rice (0-2).
    This week, the Bears are idle.

=============== Cincinnati Bearcats (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Bearcats were idle.
    This week, the Bearcats travel to College Station to face the #13 Texas A&M Aggies (1-1).

=============== #10 TCU Horned Frogs (2-0) ===============
    Last week, TCU won 24-21 against Missouri (1-1).
    This week, the Horned Frogs are idle.

=============== #5 Oklahoma State Cowboys (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma State won 24-14 against Arizona (1-1).
    This week, the Cowboys travel to Tulsa to face the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (1-1).

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

deadline is Monday night, but let's try and get this knocked out by the end of the weekend

3. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

BigSugeKnight When you wanna play?

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I can play tomorrow before NFL kickoffs or after 9pm

6. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

tomorrow about 11 est?

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ok

8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Texas Tech Holds Off Syracuse 17-10

In a game that was expected to be high-scoring, missed opportunities and turnovers proved to the difference. Texas Tech scored both of its touchdown on defense, and stopped the Orange twice on downs on goal-to-go situations. Late in the first quarter, a sack of Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib caused a fumble that was returned by Tech's Zach Winbush 11 yards. Then, early in the second quarter, an ill-advised pass by Nassib was returned 46 yards by Daniel Cobb to put Tech up 14-0.

Syracuse controlled most of the second half possession as Tech drives stalled numerous times due to dropped balls by Tech receivers. However, it was the Orange that would stall when it counted the most. Trailing 17-3 late in the third quarter, Syracuse was stuffed on a 4th-and-goal from the 1 yard line. A couple possessions later, early in the fourth quarter, a Syracuse pass would be harmlessly batten down on a 4th-and-goal from the 4 yard line.

The Orange managed to find the end zone with 1:48 left to play in the game on 15 yard pass from Nassib to TE Beckett Wales, closing the gap to 17-10. Holding all three of its timeouts, Syracuse was able to force the Red Raiders to punt, leaving the Orange with one last chance to tie the game. On the first play of the drive, Nassib attempted to set up a screen, but before the play could develop, he was sacked and fumbled. Texas Tech would recover and kneel on the ensuing possession to end the game.

Scoring Summary
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
    #18 Texas Tech 7 10 0 0 17
    Syracuse 0 3 0 7 10

Quarter Time Type Team Scoring Details
    First 1:16:00 TD Texas Tech Zach Winbush MLB #27 11 yard fumble
    Second 7:16:00 TD Texas Tech Daniel Cobb ROLB #42 46 yard interception
    Second 3:46:00 FG Syracuse Ross Krautman K #37 39 yard field goal
    Second 2:01:00 FG Texas Tech Donnie Carona K #49 43 yard field goal
    Fourth 1:48:00 TD Syracuse Beckett Wales TE #85 15 yard pass from Ryan Nassib QB #12

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Texas Tech - 17
    Syracuse - 10

The Red Raiders are saved by their Defense

The experts predicted a lot of points in this match-up, but it played out very differently. Texas Tech's offense only managed to put up 3 points, while the defense put up 14 (a fumble recovery for a TD, a pick 6 by OLB Cobb), and made two very important goal-line stands that denied Syracuse any points to come away with the victory.

The only points in the 1st quarter came off of the fumble recovery for a TD by TTU sophmore MLB Zach Winbush, both teams were struggling to move the chains. In the second quarter, TTU OLB Daniel Cobb was in a buzz-zone coverage, and made the perfect read on a ball thrown his way. After snagging the INT, nobody from Syracuse was in a position to catch him, so he took it the house for a 46 yard pick 6. Syracuse finally managed to get points on the board with a late FG, and TTU responded with a FG after a few nice passes down the field. 17-3 TTU going into half-time.

There were no points in the third quarter, just more turnovers committed by both teams. Syracuse narrowed the lead in the 4th with a 15 yard TD pass to the TE Beckett Wales, 17-10 TTU. Syracuse was giving TTU headaches and looked as if they were going to tie the game. The Red Raider defense had other intentions in mind, and kept the Orange out of the endzone, penetrating their offensive line and getting tackles for losses. TTU ran the clock out on the last drive, and they feel lucky to have escaped this affair with a win. It was certainly not the game experts predicted, and TTU has to really step it up offensively if want to continue to win into conference play.

Great game Boom29 don't know if I've ever gotten as many lucky breaks in a game as I had in that one.

Stats:
    S. Doege 10/23 134 yds 2 INTs
    S. Young 3/9 11 yds

E. Stephens 9 atts 62 yds
    S. Deoge 3 atts 15 yds

A. Zouzalik 7 recs 82 yds
    A. Torres 2 recs 26 yds
    J. Franks 2 recs 25 yds
    D. Moore 1 rec 14 yds

DJ Johnson 3 tackles 1 INT
    C. Hubert 1 tackle 1 sack 1 FF
    D. Langley 3 tackles 1 sack 1 FF
    A. Barr 4 tackles 1 sack
    D. Cobb 5 tackles 1 INT (TD)
    Z. Winbush 2 tackles 1 FR for a TD
    L. Mackey 3 tackles 1 sack

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Boom29 How crazy is that, that we both posted game summaries at roughly the same time? Haha.

11. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Ya...that's pretty crazy. Watching Pitt and Notre Dame made me want to do something better with my time.

It was a good game, I had some lucky breaks myself with your receivers dropping so many balls it seemed.

12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Dude I may not be up in time to play this game. If not I am on AP. Sorry but it looks like a long night out.

13. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Ok. I'll play CPU cause after I got to handle some family biz and I don't know when I'll be back in

14. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Louisville 44
    Kentucky14

The Cardinals had about as good of a game as you could facing rival Kentucky this week. QB Will Stein went 19-28 for 303 yards and a TD, RB Victor Anderson stole the show with 122 yards and 3 tds. Defensively 5 sacks and a few picks kept the Wildcats in check and lead to an easy win for The Ville.

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

gtstang86

Me and Qwon are playing our game at 5p CST, and I will be advancing after we finish. You are the only other game left.

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

TAMU - 14
    Cinci - 21

Well I served this one up on a silver platter to Qwon. QB Ryan Tannehill threw 3 INTs and had a downright terrible game. The running back combo of Grey and Michaels was the only bright spot on the offense, with WR Jeff Fuller in there as well, being the only reliable receiver. After jumping up 7-0, a Tannehill INT kept me from jumping up 2 scores early, and with the game tied at 14-14 with a few seconds left in the half, I threw another INT in the end zone, giving up at least 3 points. And then in the 2nd half, I missed a 25 yard field goal that would have given me the lead, and Qwon took the ball downfield to grab a 21-14 lead when I completely whiffed a tackle on Isaiah Pead. I never got past midfield until the final minute, where Tannehill would underthrow a streaking receiver over the middle, allowing the LB in short zone to jump up and make that signature over the shoulder Willie Mays grab that all shitty white MLBs can make in this game.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

That shitty MLB is an 87 OVR....bitch