Archived Season 1 Week 4

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by LSUTRUTH, Jul 23, 2012.

1. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

[​IMG]

SEASON ONE WEEK FOUR
    [​IMG]
    Advance Max: Wednesday@ 10 PM EST
    =============== #21 Oklahoma State Cowboys (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma State won 35-28 against North Carolina (2-1).
    This week, the Cowboys travel to Louisville to face the Louisville Cardinals (2-1).
    =============== #20 Texas Longhorns (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 34-7 against Northwestern (0-2).
    This week, the Longhorns will host Texas A&M (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Ben Harris has committed to LSU
    =============== #7 Virginia Tech Hokies (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 26-0 against LSU (1-1).
    This week, the Hokies will host Baylor (0-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Nick Burke has committed to Virginia Tech
    =============== #15 Virginia Cavaliers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 49-28 against Georgia Tech (1-2).
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Fort Worth to face the #12 TCU Horned Frogs (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Phillip Ashley has committed to Virginia
    =============== #1 Oklahoma Sooners (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 45-31 against Oregon (1-1).
    This week, the Sooners travel to Manhattan to face the #9 Kansas State Wildcats (2-0).
    =============== Maryland Terrapins (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Maryland lost 31-21 against Connecticut (2-0).
    This week, the Terrapins travel to Morgantown to face the #3 West Virginia Mountaineers (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C Kenny McCoy has committed to Pittsburgh
    =============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas Tech won 14-9 against Indiana (1-2).
    This week, the Red Raiders will host #17 Alabama (1-2).
    =============== #12 TCU Horned Frogs (2-0) ===============
    Last week, TCU won 26-23 against Wisconsin (2-1).
    This week, the Horned Frogs will host #15 Virginia (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following TCU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FB Larry Wallace has committed to TCU
    =============== North Carolina Tar Heels (2-1) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina lost 35-28 against Oklahoma State (2-0).
    This week, the Tar Heels will host #5 Michigan State (3-0).
    =============== NC State Wolfpack (2-0) ===============
    Last week, NC State won 30-10 against Wyoming (1-2).
    This week, the Wolfpack will host #22 Boise State (2-0).
    =============== #9 Kansas State Wildcats (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Kansas State won 31-24 against Houston (1-2).
    This week, the Wildcats will host #1 Oklahoma (2-0).
    =============== #16 Florida State Seminoles (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 28-26 against Wake Forest (1-2).
    This week, the Seminoles will host #24 Clemson (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Michael Carpenter has committed to Florida State

Bl0ndeRedHead IrishBearcat BakerWildcat7 BennettForce Hokie Effect iBleedOrange247 The Parrothead UNo x Broncos bawvu97 Will Atkinson

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Ain't there yet.

3. LSUTRUTH

Just getting it set up. LOL. I tried the Spoiler alert but I kept getting 2 bars

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Oh, WE'RE THERE MAN

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Anyone ever recruit from their phone? I am on a galaxy3 and can get 4g

6. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

takes forever to recruit on computer I can't imagine phone :)

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

I have with my iPhone, takes a while, but it's possible.

8. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Maryland Falls Again This Time # 3 WVU by 7 Points

I again somehow managed to throw 5 INT's but also had 5 INT's against the CPU. CPU jump snaps killed me. Had to go for it a few times in 4th quarter since i was down by multiple scores.

And i had to supersim for the loss since it did not take and neither did Geno getting pounded.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'll get my recruiting in, but don't think I'll even be able to supersm my game. I'm up at training in Wisconsin, and I'll try to get something in tomorrow, but don't wait on me. Sim if I'm the only one left.

10. LSUTRUTH

OKSU Struggles Early Halftime changes everything

OKSU struggled early after scoring on the first drive. At the end of the First quarter Lunt would be knocked out for the game. With UL scoring at will vs the Cowboy defense Signs pointed to bad. After a turnover and a 3 and out things looked even worse as UL began to pull away from OKSU. Just before the half a 60 yard fumble for a TD by FS Lowe would spark OKSU. The third quarter would be the quarter for OKSU starting with a great drive that lead to a Randle TD. Then a 60 yard bomb to Anderson. Then off a TO a 19 yard TD pass to Moore. Then SS Cooper would make a great play and get a pick 6. Making the score 49-24 and even with the 4th quarter to be played OKSU had a handle on the game. Great game CPU you ran with your QB way to much

OKSU wins 49-31

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

The Cavaliers coming off of a long week traveled to Forth Worth to take on the TCU Horned Frogs in the first annual Big 12 vs ACC challenge. The Cavaliers came off of two big wins and are feeling very confident in themselves. Coach Cougs has been all smiles and enjoying his time with the Cavaliers as they continue to impress him game after game. The Horned Frogs felt like this could have been a big win and carry huge momentum into their season so they wanted this win bad. The Cavaliers entered the field in arms showing that they are one team. The two coaches ran to the middle of the field shook each others hands and went back to the sidelines. The team captains ran out for the coin toss, Virginia won the toss but decided to kick off. And the game was under way.

1st quarter.

TCU came out with Casey Pachall leading their offense. He is a very athletic QB and the Cavalier defense had no idea until he scrambled up and down the field and threw the ball without a problem. Coach Cougs couldn't believe it. It seemed like everything he tried he just couldn't contain him. The Horned Frogs first drive was incredible it made the Cavalier defense look like some Pee Wee team. But the defense stepped up once TCU stepped into the redzone. Pachall tried to lob a slant for a touchdown in 1on1 coverage but star CB, Demetrius Nicholson intercepted the pass and returned it to the 15 yard line. The Cavalier sideline erupted and the Horned Frog crowd was stunned in silence. The Cavalier offense came out onto the field to see what they could do. Phillip Sims came out knowing he was the captain of this offense and he needed a no mistake game to get this win. The Cavalier offense tried to get the run game going first but that didn't work out too well for them. On third down the Horned Frogs knew a pass was coming and the LB's dropped into deep zone coverage and Sims tried to force one into TE, Paul Freedman. It went right to a TCU defender he missed the interception it tipped off his hands and off the LB's helmet into Freedman, he caught it and ran for a 58 yard TD pass. The Cavaliers were surprised he followed that pass after that and were happy it happened that way. The Cavaliers took a 7-0 lead at the end of the first quarter.

2nd Quarter.

After that drive the Horned Frogs knew they had to respond to that score. The Horned Frogs knew they pretty much could do whatever they wanted with the Cavalier defense, they couldn't stop them the first drive and the struggles continued. Pachall threw a deep pass to Skye Dawson for a 62 yard touchdown pass. The game was tied at 7. Phillip Sims showed he could throw the ball accurately as he led his team down the field. Then Perry Jones took the handoff right up the gut for a 18 yard score. This put the Cavaliers up 14-7. The Horned Frogs didn't let that score bother them too much because they already knew in their mind they were going to tie it right up. And sure enough they did. Running back, Waylon James took it in for a 9 yard rushing touchdown after Pachall drove down the field once again. The Horned Frog crowd was loud and energetic after that drive. TCU kicked it off and it sailed deep into the endzone but Nicholson didn't care and decided to return it anyways and he noticed one of TCU's players were way out of their lane and cut it to the right and all that was left was the kicker and Nicholson easily outran him for a 104 yard kickoff return. The crowd was silent. Virginia went up 21-14 after that. The Horned Frogs had no problem driving down the field. Everything the Cavalier defense tried they just couldn't stop anything. Coach Cougs didn't know what to do. TCU got down to the 7 yard line and finally the Cavalier defense finally stepped up and sacked Pachall. Then the Horned Frogs were called for a holding call which didn't allow the Horned Frogs to try and get a touchdown. The Horned Frogs settled for a field goal. The Cavaliers had the lead 21-17 going into halftime.

3rd Quarter.

The Cavaliers got the ball after halftime and knew they had to add to their lead if they wanted to win. The Cavaliers drove down the field thanks to Phillip Sims. He was throwing the ball well this game and Cougs noticed it. But the Cavaliers weren't able to put up any points and kicked a field goal to go up 24-17. TCU thought they were going to be able and score easily again, but finally the Cavaliers got a break and a stop. The Cavaliers got the ball back and Phillip Sims hit Darius Jennings in stride for a 30 yard touchdown pass to put the Cavaliers up 31-17. The Horned Frogs were starting to wonder what was going on. The Horned Frogs found their stride and Pachall hit Carter for a 48 yard touchdown after he shook the whole Cavalier defense as coach Cougs just put his head down in shame. The score was 31-24 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

4th Quarter.

This quarter the Horned Frogs were plagued with the turnover bug. Pachall coughed up the ball one time and on a long good drive a Horned Frog receiver got creamed and he coughed up the ball. Pachall also threw a interception and the Cavaliers capitalized on all of those turnovers to get a big win in Forth Worth 45-24.

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Welp, UNC disappointed the 17 recruits that visited this weekend

13. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Glad to see i am not the only one who loses to the CPU

14. Hokie Effect

Recruited online, I will just cross my fingers on a sim vs Baylor.

15. LSUTRUTH

16. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Should finish this after I get my recruiting and the E game in today

17. Hokie Effect

Guys take your time please. At this rate you will be in bowl season by the time I get back in town. Really just trying to be selfish and hope I am back in town by week 6....

18. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I have internet access at my new place so I'm back on the grid fellas. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I know I am pushing my 48 hr deadlines, everyone else is like 10 minutes and done

20. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Clemson 40
    Florida State 46
    [​IMG]
    Going into this Top-25 showdown against the Tigers we knew we would have our hands full keeping up with Sammy Watkins and the spread attack that Clemson was bringing to Tallahassee. Going into the game without E.J. Manuel our starting QB was very familiar for us considering he was out for last year's game at Clemson. Clint Trickett the backup will looked to rally the Noles to victory this time, coming up just short last year.​
    To start the game both teams went three and out early feeling one another out. Clemson would jump on us early after Trickett threw two first quarter interceptions, which the Tigers turned into two TD drives. On the ensuing kickoff Greg Reid was leveled and coughed up the football right into the hands of Clemson. Two plays later it was 21-0 Clemson and still 2:15 to play in the first. After debating whether to pull Trickett from the game I decided to give him one more drive. He was able to march us 80 yards and hit Christian Green on a 5 yard slant to get us on the board. Clemson was able to answer back with a 32 yard FG to put the lead at 24-7 going into the 2nd quarter.​
    After an interception on defense the Noles took over with great field position, a couple of plays later Trickett hit Rodney Smith on a 36 yard TD pass down the sideline. Once again Clemson was able to answer back but with yet another FG. 27-14 Clemson with 3:15 left in the first half. After both teams swapped punts the FSU offense was able to pound in another drive with HB Devonta Freeman scoring from 2 yards out. Tajh Boyd helps out FSU once again by throwing another INT which gave FSU a shot at scoring another again before the end of the half. Clint found Rashad Greene on a deep slant with 31 seconds left in the half to take the first lead of the game 28-27.​
    The second half began much different than the first, both teams traded punts most of the third quarter playing the field position battle until Clemson was able to reclaim their lead when Tajh Boyd hit Martavius Bryant on 3rd and Goal from the 1. The score going into the 4th 33-28 Clemson. Trickett was able to lead another promising drive but was stopped short after incomplete pass on 3rd and 6. Dustin Hopkins was still able to split the uprights from 38 yards out to cut the lead to only 2. It only took Clemson 14 seconds to add 7 more points to that lead, Tajh Boyd's 4 TD pass of the day went to Jaron Brown which gave the Tigers a two score lead with 6:10 to play. We went 3 and out on our next drive but on the Clemson's next possession Xavier Rhodes made a great interception to put us back in business. The FSU offense were able to score once again with 2 yard run from HB Chris Thompson. After cutting the lead back to 2 we needed one final stop to give our offense one more shot to win it. Clemson was able to get one first down on 12 yard route to Sammy Watkins(his only catch). Next play for Clemson, Tajh Boyd was sacked by Bjoern Werner and two great defensive plays later the Noles had forced with :55 secs to go and still holding on to one timeout. Greg Reid being the play maker that he is kicked the punt return to the outside and returned it all the way to the Clemson 48.. After two incomplete passes it was 3rd and 10 and I was looking to pick up enough yards to move into field goal range for Hopkins. Trickett drops back with 30 secs to go and see the safety bite on the 12 yard crossing route, which left Christian Green the slot receiver WIDE OPEN on the seam route. 48 yard TD pass with 23 seconds to go and FSU WINS! ​
    Offensive Player of the Game: Clint Trickett 23-38 361 yards 4 TD's and 2 INT's. & Rodney Smith 6 catches 111 yards and 1 TD​
    Defensive Player of the Game: Vince Williams 10 tackles & Xavier Rhodes 2 tackles 2 INT's. ​
    Next week the Noles travel to Tampa to play in-state rival USF. This will be the first road test of the year for the Noles against what looks to be a very talented Bulls team..​

• Like Like x 1
  21. LSUTRUTH

We are def killing it in both lgs. We are moving super fast here an the E.

22. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    What you do in your bed is your business IBO :)

23. UNo x Broncos

UNo x Broncos Walk On

All were waiting on is for BakerWildcat7 to do his recruiting

24. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

We wait on nobody for recruiting!

I'll text him and see whats up.

• Like Like x 1
  25. UNo x Broncos

UNo x Broncos Walk On

[​IMG] # Texas A&M 0 3 0 14 17
    [​IMG] # Texas 7 12 14 3 36
    FIRST QUARTER
    2:34
    TD
    [​IMG] Texas Malcolm Brown HB #28 4 yard TD (Nick Jordan K #20 kick)
    SECOND QUARTER
    2:12
    FG
    [​IMG] TAMU Taylor Bertolet K #91 49 yard FG
    6:18
    TD
    [​IMG] Texas Daje Johnson HB #27 94 yard TD (Nick Jordan K #20 kick)
    3:49
    SF
    [​IMG] TAMU Jameill Showers QB #3 0 yard SF
    0:29
    FG
    [​IMG] Texas Nick Jordan K #20 26 yard FG
    THIRD QUARTER
    3:51
    TD
    [​IMG] Texas Daje Johnson HB #27 12 yard TD (Nick Jordan K #20 kick)
    0:21
    TD
    [​IMG] Texas David Ash QB #14 3 yard TD (Nick Jordan K #20 kick)
    FOURTH QUARTER
    5:05
    TD
    [​IMG] TAMU Kendric McNeal WR #5 29 yard TD from Jameill Showers QB #3 (Taylor Bertolet K #91 kick)
    2:08
    FG
    [​IMG] Texas Nick Jordan K #20 22 yard FG
    0:15
    TD
    [​IMG] TAMU Ryan Swope WR #25 3 yard TD from Jameill Showers QB #3 (Taylor Bertolet K #91 kick)

Tough game for Texas, the running game never got going and Texas A-M played really well. Texas pulled out the game by playing great defense not surrendering any more than 3 points by there starting group. Big Game Performers for Texas are Daje Johnson with 182 All-Purpose Yds and David Ash 9-13 for 104 Yds passing and 15 Attempts for 65 Yds. Texas A-M Big Game Performers include Jamell Showers 16-26 for 146 Yds passing and Jonathan Stewart 6 Tkls, 2 TFL, 8 ATK

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012