Season 1, Week 5 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 19, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We advanced!

Next Advance:
    -Saturday, noon EST or
    -when 11/11 are ready

Last Week Notes:
    -Luke beating Pro soundly in 3rd quarter, Luke disconnects. Pro graciously offers game up. Luke proceeds to replay the cpu... and loses. That stings a bit.
    -A Few recruits jump on the boards. None quite as impressive as the 1-star fball Bonner got to sign.
    -Most starting to settle into conference play.
    Big Games: Brett @ GaTech, Bonner @ Navy (I should take triple option teams off as cpu opponents), Buffalo @ UConn
    Bye Weeks: None
    User Games: None

Other Notes:

Please do not delete photos! It is reported that deleting photos freezes games. However, adding videos (all five!) has no such report in internet world. Stop being lazy. Upload the videos. Especially you cheaters.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I apologize for cheating guys I've been uploading during game that's why I only have three videos. The one time I attempted to upload after the game the videos had some crazy video corruption notice. I will do my videos after since it hasn't been documented as an issue only by me.

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

power rankings coming....soon

4. Luke

Luke Walk On

The memories of NCAA 12 come back with thus craptastic Heisman FG logic. UCONNs kicker missed 2 almost 60 yard FGs by 10 yards.

5. vatechhokie01

awesome. they probably work off the default sliders with their logic in which 60yarders are gimmees for them, lmao.

6. Luke

Luke Walk On

lol exactly. Just beat UCONN 27-10. Videos said they failed..

7. Luke

Luke Walk On

Bulls pickup big road win.

After a tough loss last week the Buffalo Bulls bounced back to earn their first road win of the season 27-10. The defense swarmed the ball and controlled the game, turning the tide with 3 interceptions. The Bulls playing without stsrting QB Davis still managed to win with a ball control offense. Alex Zordich may have sparked a QB controversy as he looked very comfortable in the pocket. He hooked up with Fred Lee on a beautiful 48 yard TD pass that was a thing of beauty. No word on who will start next weeks game. We caught up with Coach Luke after the game..

"Just a good overall team effort. The defense caused turnovers and made it easy on the offense to do their job. Zordich was very solid out there and Branden Oliver was Branden Oliver. We'll look to take this momentum into next week."

• Like Like x 1
  8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  9. vatechhokie01

oh geez, lol.

10. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

TEXAS STATE LOSES 4OT THRILLER

With a 14 point lead and 3 minutes to go, the Bobcats looked poised to pull off a mini upset over Nevada. This wasn't the case. Nevada's backup QB came in in the 4th quarter and went flat out robo on me. He completed 11-13 passes for 180 yards and 2 td's.

It was beyond frustrating to say the least. My onsides recovery team made sure to tap the football back to Nevada and of course I was hit with a holding call as my QB snuck the ball in from the 1 on what would have been the winning freaking TD in OT. Ughhhhh....

11. vatechhokie01

awesome, lol.

12. vatechhokie01

and I am literally not advancing until everyone has filled out there team page schedules. it takes 2 seconds. are you guys spitting in my face or do you have the wrong file linked or something? You should all go work for the EA NCAA team with your lack of integrity, tech skills, and diligence. This league is full of children. I am a man among toddlers. And it smells in here. Like peanut butter fingers that wiped your butthole and then rubbed it on the couch. Get your crap together you incompetent children of Satan.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

That's a way to save souls....

• Like Like x 2
  14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Can everyone else see the power rankings ok? The commish says he cannot read it

15. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

FAU Shocks the World!
    FAU 20 NT 6

Well not really, but the Owls did improve to 2-0 in the Sun Belt with a win over lowly North Texas. The teams would stall out much of the first half, with NT kicking a field goal due to a FAU intercepion, but the Owls would regroup and qb Graham Wilbert would find his TD Dj Williams sitting in the zone from about 12 yards out. That would put the Hoot up 7-6 going into halftime. The Owls offense is a slow and methodical one, picking up yards in chunks but finally, they found a big play on a 3rd and 17, finding Deandre Richardson over the top for a 48 yard gain. That would set up a Wilber to Cunningham touchdown from 4 yards out. Cunningham, broke out of Richardson's shadow today, catching 5 balls for 51 yards and a TD. On the defensive side of the ball the Owls were paced by their linebackers, mainly star SR linebacker David Hinds. He had 7 tackles, 4 of which were TFL.

QB Wilbert 19-26 194 yds, 2 tds 1 int 73%
    HB Moon 29 -116 yards, 4.0 AVG
    HB Fortner 3 carries, 25 yards 1 td

The Owls have a bye, then a drunken throwdown with the Warhawks of bumfuck LA.

16. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU 21 - ARK ST 14

BEWARE OF ARKANSAS STATE!!!!

This team is explosive and I'm thankful to pull this one out. I can see why Cam Newton was explosive in this offense at Auburn. Ark St came out gunning from the first play of the game. They drove down field and scored on their first drive of the game on a 33 yard pass from R.Aplin to 6'4 92 speed WR T.Stockemer.(KIDS A BEAST) WKU completed a 80 yard drive with J.Evans 2nd String RB scoring on a 4 yard run. After a turnover WKU was able to put together another scoring drive that saw QB K.Jakes score on a 14 yard QB keeper. ARK ST. answered before halftime on a passing touchdown from R.Alpin to E.Lucas with :12 seconds left. Game was 14-14 at half and I thought the craziness was over, WRONG! On consecutive plays I lost my starting QB, 1 & 2 WR and RB! After pausing and crying for a second I came back to the game the impossible happened. I thought I had knocked the ARK St QB out of the game but they had some how went to no huddle and their starting HB started taking snaps from under center. He ran options, sneaks and threw beautiful spirals on this unbelievable drive. As he threw a pass to the QB the outside WR, as the WR attempted to turn up field fumbled the ball, K.Peterson scooped up the ball and scored on a 25 yard return. This put WKU up 21-14...

Ark St. had the ball with no timeouts and were stuff on the 1 yard line to end the game when they attempted a speed option...

Hey is starting to storm so I'm out!!!!

Guys Ark St is stacked be careful!!!

QB K.Jakes 6-13 54 yards 0TD 1INT Injured 2nd & 3rd qtr knocked out of game
    RB K.Simpson 22 ATT 116 yards Injured 3rd Qtr
    TE J.Doyle 4 catches 36 yards

#1&2 WR were knocked out of game R.Brown and B.Brand 2 & 3rd qtr

17. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

MTSU gets a upset on the road!
    MTSU 42 GT 38

MTSU had to actually make a comeback in the second half after being 31-14. It was another slow first quarter with there only being one touchdown and it was a huge 67 yard run for GT. The second half was a hard one for MTSU with the qb throwing 3 ints and losing a fumble for a touchdown. The Yellow Jackets scored 24 points in the second all on huge play, one was a 64 yard pass, the other was a 45 yard pass, and then there was a fumble for a touchdown. MTSU just gave up huge plays on broken coverage and the qb holding on the to the ball to long in the second quarter others wise its all defense.
    Second half was a different story with MTSU not giving the ball away and sticking a little more to the run game, the Blue Raiders were able to put up 21 points in the 3rd with 2 rushing TD's of 2 or less yards, and one 32 yard passing TD, while GT only got one touchdown off 78 yard rund, MTSU's D stepped up in the second half by being smarter and not playing to tight and nervous.
    Basically it was big play or nothing for Georgia Tech, while MTSU was able to work the field and move up and down.

QB Logan Kilgore 16-29 259 3 TDs 3 INTs
    RB Benny Cunningham 20-90 yards 2 tds
    Wr Tavarres Jefferson 6 Rec 123 yards 2 tds

Honestly I got so LUCKY in this game, two of my passing touchdowns should have either been picked off or batted down but just went right past the defender and my wr caught it

18. vatechhokie01

hey, instead of writing write-ups everyone just write "I won again. Shocker."

smh.

• Like Like x 2
  19. vatechhokie01

One of the more painful games I've ever played... meaning I was an idiot and for some reason (beer) not that interested, and it was all my fault.

I lost. I'm horrible (I'm gonna make Mullen go check the score!).

But a number of things were telling:

After reaming you guys, I threw 2 TDs to my slot. Well, technically, I threw one go route where I was literally drinking beer and talking to my wife and hit the button, scored, and was like... wait. whoops. Then the 2nd was in fact to my starter... but, alas, my starter was hurt (again) and the slot was his substitute and I hit him on a deep in for a TD. Didn't really matter cuz I was getting my teeth kicked in anyways.

So then basically I just tried to comeback in the 2nd half from already being down and not paying much attention the whole game cuz I was cocky and the entire half New Mexico State couldn't have been more elite on defense. My star wideout couldn't catch a pass or get open on any route... slant, hook, go, in, out, post, flag... didn't matter. Neon Deion was covering him. But honestly, I just played terrible, conjuring my inner Andy Reid as I ran the ball with my RB 4 times (not gonna get it done... balance shot, absolutely horrid coaching on my part all game), got sacked 6 times, and mustered an honest 190yds of total offense. Yikes.

Can't figure out how I am chomping at the bit all day to play then sit down and just not feeling it or something. Oh well. It is the University of Texas San Antonio I suppose. I'm in it for the long haul! And I want the journey to matter! (need an excuse for sucking)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  20. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I can see it but its really dark.

21. Goose

Goose Walk On

Next season it's definitely harder sliders. This is starting to get ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
  22. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

agreed strongly. We have won way too many games we have no business winning. A few SEC, ACC and Big 12 wins in our first few weeks are concerning. If the game is this simple, then what is the point of doing the carousel? May as well just be our favorite teams and win national titles every year.

• Like Like x 2
  23. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

This time I was unable to view your videos?

24. vatechhokie01

upload failed, lmao. seriously. Yea, basically it was a big slap me in the face for dogging other guys kind of night!

I should also mention that I accidentally picked the wrong playbook (instead of the UTSA custom one I built I used the rather different default UTSA one). Everything went wrong! lmao!

• Like Like x 1
  25. vatechhokie01

and now I have a bye next week! Hell hath no fury!