Season 1 - Week 5 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 1 - Week 5 Scores

Week 5 is up. I had to sim Bruce's ND game, which ND lost. Sorry man, but you never responded to my posts requesting you get your game in by last night and I couldn't keep waiting on a CPU game.

Note - The commish is an idiot and I forgot that you have to change any league settings before the advance, since they don't kick in until the week after the change. Since I forgot to change the difficulty/sliders, I took the dynasty offline, retired the original and reinvited everyone with the new settings in place for week 5. Check for your new invites and make sure you retire from the old dynasty.

One user game this week - #3 Texas vs #1 Florida

Having just gotten my ass handed to me by Eagles in CTL, I don't like Blaza's chances here. I've never played someone better at running the ball than Eagles, and giving him the stable of sick RB's at Florida is just patently unfair.:D

We will advance by Sunday night at 12am EST.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Will you be posting the new sliders anywhere?

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Auburn - 27
    Tennessee - 13

Im slowly discovering that im not very good at this game at the moment. Was down 20-0 before I finally got some offense going. Bryce Brown had a nice game, filling in for the injured Montario Hardesty, rusing for over 100 yards and one touchdown. My downfall, as in everyother OD im in, is turnovers. I like to throw the ball to the other team, alot!

4. Dru50

Yes, I will update the dynasty description thread with them this weekend. Didn't have my pc working last night so I couldn't get them up on the site.

5. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

are they the same as the sliders posted in the OFFL E-league dynasty description thread?

6. Dru50

I don't think so, these are sliders that they implemented in the current season. The dynasty page isn't accurate I think.

For those that are concerned about RB's, the RB ability slider is at 45, but I've used them and the backs seem to play fast enough to allow speed backs to matter.

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Look out for Trindon Holliday!!!!!

8. GoGators

I still find it interesting that a Miami fan would play as LSU after they dusted you guys off in the Bowl a few years back

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

York just didnt want to play me in the ACC!

10. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Sounds good Dru, I'm looking forward to seeing the difference in gameplay vs the heisman sliders.

mcyork - Holliday is tough when in open space. You should be able to do some good damage with him. Isn't he a SR this year?

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

gators...I wanted to use Miami we didn't want to use the ACC and I didn't want to move them from the ACC soooo I took one for the team and took LSU. Yeah I know LSU is such a shitty team.

Hippo.. I like Hollidays speed but I am surprised to see his toughness. For such a little dude he moves the pile a lot. I use Charles Scott as a starter and run him up the middle. He has enough speed to get outside too. Both are seniors. Looking forward to my matchup with Florida. I hear he likes to run too. I am liking the Arkansas PB more and more each week.

Max...What can I say you have my number in TF4 but this is a new team and a new league. Bring it Biatch.

12. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

#3 OU defeats #24 Miami 20-15.

OU controlled this game thru the 3rd Quarter before Miami mounted a comeback. OU Defense was the real story in this game getting 3 crucial interceptions and 3 sacks. Star RB Murray was injured after 4 carries and is out 2 weeks. Back up Calhoun stepped in and was injured for the game after just 2 carries. That forced the team to pretty much pass all day.

Bradford: 21-39 for 253 yds and 1 Td. 0 INT
    Broyles: 8 rec for 109 yds and 1 TD

Player of the Game: SS Proctor: 6 Tkls, 2 Sks, 1 INT

13. Dru50

Marc, rough with the freakish RB injuries, but good win vs a tough Miami team.

Any thoughts on the new settings/sliders?

14. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

I thought it was pretty smooth. Didn't notice anything really different. I like them so far but gotta play a few games to get the full feel.

15. Dru50

Alabama 48
    Kentucky 34

The defense still continues to strugge, and Star Jackson was awful for the first half. He got hurt in the second quarter with the team down 17-6, and that turned out to be the best for the team. Greg McElroy came in off the bench and was on fire. He went 14-17 for 268 yards and 4 TD in the 2nd half. Coach Dru announced after the game that the team will start McElroy the remainder of the year.

16. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Kansas State- 42
    Iowa State- 24

Full recap to come in game summaries tomorrow.

17. Dru50

OK, as of tonight, the following games/recruiting remain to be played:

Texas/Florida - Scheduling is occurring, looks good.
    Pitt - Noles is playing his game tonight
    Cincinatti - game/recruiting
    ND - recruiting

Bruce - I haven't really heard anything from you in here game wise for a while. You missed your last game and recruiting and haven't accepted your new invite. What's going on? Are you still in this?

As a reminder, we advance tomorrow night at midnight est.

18. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Lewis, Pittsburgh defeat Cardinals

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    Pitt 17 14 7 14 52
    UL 0 20 3 6 29

Louisville, KY-- Pittsburgh used a balance attack when they infiltrated Louisville as Dion Lewis and Bill Stull played well. The lone bright spot for the Cardinals was Powell as he rushed all over Pitt's defense for 231 yards on 15 carries. Stull completed 17 passes for 380 yards 5 TDs and 2 INTs while Lewis touched it 28 times for 155 yards and a TD. McGee led Pitt in receiving with 6 catches for 182 yards. DeCicco led the defense with 10 tackles as he had to stop Powell many of times. Next week Pitt will host Notre Dame.

Player Stats

Passing
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    Bill Stull 279.1 17 22 380 5 2

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Dion Lewis 28 155 5.5 1
    Shariff Harris 16 82 5.1 1

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg TD
    Cedric McGee 6 182 30.3 2
    Oderick Turner 4 90 22.5 1
    Henry Hynoski 2 36 18.0 1
    Johnathan Baldwin 2 54 27.0 1
    Nate Byham 1 17 17.0 0

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Dom DeCicco 10 0 0 0 1 0 0
    Mick Williams 5 2 1 0 0 0 0

Offensive Player of Game
    Dion Lewis & Cedric McGee
    Defensive Player of Game
    Dom DeCicco​

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    LSU 7 21 3 7 38
    UGA 14 7 0 14 35

LSU Steals One Between The Hedges

20. GoGators

Kent 17
    #15 Cincy 31

Bearcats Win Slopfest!!!

The Bearcats got a small scare today from visiting Kent. It poured down heavy rains the entire game and caused chaos for the Bearcats "Air Raid". However, the Bearcats were able to muster a win. Led by JR HB John Goebel's 3 TDs on a season high 27 carries, the Bearcats were able to overpower the inferior Kent team.

SR Tony Pike had a rough day throwing 2 INTs and only one TD. He added 6 carries for 27 yards though as the Kent D tried to cover all the Cincy WRs. SR WR Mardy Gilyard had another strong performance hauling in 7 balls for 127 yds and a score.

"This is the first time we have ran the ball more than we threw it, 39/26. That's pretty rare for us, but it was great seeing Goebel step up and carry us considering the weather today. I'm really proud of his and the offensive lines performance." - Coach KSherm

The Bearcats are on a bye next week but are excited to see the results of this weekends big recruiting weekend. There were quite a few prospects in attendance for this game and hopefully we'll get some commits. We'll also begin preparing for our big east showdown with USF. Having the extra week to prepare for their triple option attack should be a big bonus.

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball HB J Goebel, 28 car, 104 yds, 3 TDs, 2 rec, 3 yds

Notable youngsters:
    FR SS D. Frey 8 tackles, tfl​