Season 1: Week 5 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by controllerabuser, Sep 14, 2012.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Post em

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ALL THE RIGHT MOVES
    Vikings move to 4-1 as they defeat the Titans, 28-20.
    [​IMG]
    Peterson Finally scores, this game he finds the end zone 3 times.
    Jake Locker threw 2 picks early. The Vikings found themselves on top 14-0 very early.
    Going into half it was 21-0, turnovers and good defense along with smart offensive play-calling attributed to the first half success.
    The Titans would come out in the 3rd quarter and notched 2 field goals, scoring 6 unanswered points. They would score again but this time AP answered the call with a huge burst to the outside after being spun in the backfield. The Titans were able to score another TD but that was all she wrote.
    The Vikings have moved to a surprising 4-1, with the only loss coming at the hands of a sim. #NFCNORTHISOURS
    Ponder didn't have too hot of a game after throwing 5 TDs the previous one, throwing just 125 yards and 1 INT.
    However, it was due to the dude, AP going for 153 yards on 20 carries with 3 TDS!
    Chris Cook had a game changing interception and Antoine Winfield recorded a pick six before getting injured.
    The Vikings defense recorded 6 sacks, Kevin Williams getting 2 of them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Ravens End Losing Streak With 38-13 Win

Passing game was huge for the Ravens with Flacco tossing 4 TDs and Ed Dickson hauling in 2 of them. The rushing attack struggled most of the game but Ray Rice still managed to get 70+ yards but never found the endzone. Defensively is where the Ravens succeeded today (surprise, surprise). They were led by rookie Courtney Upshaw who had 4 sacks, one of which that was a forced fumble. Ngata, Suggs, and Kruger also added a sack each to bring it to a total of 7. Turnovers were also big for the Ravens as the forced 4. Sean Considine and Lardarius Webb each had an INT and Jimmy Smith snagged one and returned it for a TD. If not for a roughing the passer penalty on Ngata, Smith would of had a 2nd INT later on. The 4th turnover was when Ngata recovered the one Upshaw forced on one of his sacks.

GG thegman2.0
    Like I told you in that text you have a great rush defense.

4. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

thanks

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

[​IMG]
    Packers 27 @ Colts 24
    I can go into so much depth on how this game was played but that would be boring. It was a slug fest by a vetern hall of famer Rodgers and a future hall of famer in Luck. Both guys went toe to toe the only real difference was a late pick by luck and what was almost a huge fk up by Ingram. He decided on 1st and 10 Colts with no time outs to put the ball on the turf where they recovered and had a shot to win the game. A crucial defensive stop saved the day for the Packers.​
    Colts took a 14-7 lead after one and capitalized on some great passing by ChaoticUT too take a 24-10 half time lead. Packers bounced back with a huge 3rd going on a 17-0 run to take the lead 27-24 in entering the 4th. Both teams wouldn't budge and played fantastic defence locking heads and not giving ground. Fantastic coaching job by you ChaoticUT you earned a win for sure that is a tough loss to take. Good Luck to you and the Colts the rest of the season you got those boys playing 3 grades above there pay scale congrats.​

6. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

[​IMG]
    49ers 34 - Bills 0

The 49ers had their way against the Bills on this day, causing 6 forced fumbles, 4 recovered, and adding 2 interceptions while holding the Bills to 0 points and -3 yards rushing. Donte Whitner had an interception as well as a forced fumble and fumble recovery and NaVorro Bowman had 3 forced fumbles and 1 recovery for the Niners.
    It was slow to start for the 49ers, as the score was only 3-0 after the first quarter, and the Bills seemed to be holding their own early. But as the Niners defense started putting their hat on the ball, the Bills defense was out on the field too frequently and the 49ers just wore them down, scoring 21 in the 2nd and adding 10 more points in the 3rd quarter before playing keepaway in the 4th. The Bills offensive personnel were just outmatched by the 49ers physical play on defense this day, and they are going to have a tough plane ride home with a lot of ice packs on board.
    Frank Gore finally broke the 100 yard mark for the first time since doing it in their opener against the Packers, he ran for 107 yards and 2 TD's on 20 carries before giving way to the backups. Alex Smith was not impressive as he continues to work on building his skills and trying to become more of a playmaker for this offense.
    For the Bills, Fred Jackson fumbled 3 times and had 0 yards on 8 carries. Spiller was the leading rusher for the Bills with 4 yards on 4 carries.
    Up next for the 49ers are the currently unbeaten defending Super bowl Champion New York Giants, led by Cimmy24, which should be a good one.

gg bcduggan, I know it was a tough one as everything seemed to go right for the Niners, but keep plugging away. Good luck with your season.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

After the second fumble, the thought that went thru my mind when I was on offense was "Who wants a hit." That was because I knew I was getting one. In the area where I live one of the high schools cheering section chants it on every kickoff. Given my inexperience with Madden and steep learning curve I need to go thru, I thought I would lose by no more than 17. That thought ended with the 2nd or 3rd fumble by Fred Jackson. I only pulled Fitzpatrick and Jackson because I was afraid of each having 5-7 fumbles. Game was already over when I pulled them.

It was a good learning game to have. It was very frustrating and still fun. I was glad to see the officials overruled one of the fumbles. I hope to only go up from here.

GG to you as well.

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG][​IMG]
    17 - 33

Game Notes:

Eagles won the toss, elected to kick. Antonio Brown made them pay, returned the kick for six.
    Pittsburgh has held a lead at halftime in each of their four games.
    Eagles dominated all statistical categories except for rushing yards and turnovers.
    The birds committed 5 turnovers on the day compared to 0 for the Steelers.
    A very hard hitting game as the Eagles lost Vick for the game with a bruised sternum, Desean Jackson with a broken forearm, Brian Rolle and Chad Hall.
    Jackson and Rolle will miss multiple weeks
    The nail in the coffin came from a catch, hit, fumble that was returned to the endzone by Ryan Clark.

Statistics:

372 Offensive Yards 196
    59 Rushing 66
    313 Passing 130
    17 First Downs 8
    Michael Vick 14/19 160 Yards
    Mike Kafka 11/19 182 Yards TD 3 INTs
    Ben Roethlisberger 8/18 130 Yards
    LaSean McCoy 16 Att 56 Yards TD
    Rashard Mendenhall 18 Att 61 Yards
    Jonathan Dwyer 2 Att 6 Yards TD
    Melvin Bullitt 5 Tackles TFL
    Husain Abdullah 4 Tackles
    Ryan Clark 8 Tackles 2 INTs FR TD
    Troy Polamalu 6 Tackles

• Like Like x 2
  9. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bears 27 Jaguars 24
    Jacksonville AP:

A tropical storm in Jacksonville created the game of the week as the Chicago Bears move to 4-1 after a 27-24 battle with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday afternoon. It seems like the Chicago Defense has taken a leadership roll on this football team as Jay Cutler seems to throw the ball to anyone wearing a football jersey lately. In the end the game once again came down to..... you guessed it, Defense. A last minute turnover and field goad won the game for the Bears. Coach thirdalarm was quoted as saying "after that game I need a few cocktails, the game couldve went either way and we would like to give HAL9100 a shout out, Great game".

stats:
    J.Cutler 15-23-228 2 TD
    B.Gabbert 7-18-124-1

M.Forte 17-71
    MJD 15-72

A.Jeffery 4-115-1
    J.Blackmon 3-44
    L.Robinson 3-66-1
    B.Marshall 3-44

• Like Like x 1
  10. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Saints Come Back to Beat Chargers in a Thriller
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Player of the Game: QB Drew Brees - New Orleans - 33/43, 440 Yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT

---------------------------

GG _MG_

11. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Geaux Saints! Way to represent the team Truth!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

17-13
    [​IMG]
    Beanie Wells scored and rushed for 81 yards​
    Cards hold on vs. Rams
    No real bright spots for the Cardinals offense as the Rams had them stifled minus one big pass play for a TD to Early Doucet from John Skelton. Skelton only threw one pick in this one. The story was the Cards defense. They mustered a season high 6 sacks. Two each from Calais Campbell and Darnell Docket. The player of the game however was Nickel cornerback AJ Jefferson who had 3 first half interceptions one coming deep in the redzone.
    gg OMlawdog

13. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

[​IMG] VS[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bengals Batter Dolphins
    After 6 turnovers, 2 in the red zone, there is not much good to say from the Miami perspective. I will let ChildPlease9 have the honor of telling all the good stuff. Heck it was all his anyway.
    Nice butt-whipping ChildPlease9, the Phins have a long way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Good finish by the Pack. The Colts were able to get off to a fast start but couldn't finish late in the game. That's two weeks in a row that the Colts have given up the game in the final seconds.

15. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

This one was just flat-out ugly. Both teams started their first three drives with turnovers. Dalton fumbled into the endzone for a safety, too. A whole lot of sloppy offense. Bengals happened to have a few breaks fall their way and converted some turnovers into points. 2 pick-6's and finally a few productive second-half drives give the Bengals a sloppy (yet happily accepted) win.

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Ravens Start A Winning Streak With 54-7 Win Over Cowboys

Baltimore was successful on so many levels today. Flacco was unstoppable as he threw the ball 20 times for 300+ and 4 scores. He only had 3 incompletions as he looked comfortable all day. The rushing attack netted over a 100 yards thanks to Pierce and Rice who added 3 combined TDs. On the defensive side the Ravens provided pressure when it needed to although McPhee and Ngata were the only ones to get a sack. McPhee did however force a fumble on his sack but it was recovered by the Cowboys. The real story on defense was INTs as 4 Ravens got an INT each. Including the all star rookie Courtney Upshaw who's been making plays all year.

GG BobJr I've been on the other end of these games plenty of times. After I started forcing you to pass it had to of been tough.