Season 1 - Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Season 1, Week 5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GAME OF THE WEEK

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG](2-1)|(3-0)[​IMG]#18
    Oregon State Beavers @ Arizona State Sun Devils
    PAC-12 GAME
    Tempe, AZ
    8:00pm
    ABC
    ASU -7.5

No preview, I'll kick his ass.

PREDICTION:
    Arizona State 34, Oregon State 10

All User Games:

#13[​IMG](3-1)|(3-1)[​IMG]
    Mississippi State Bulldogs @ Georgia Bulldogs
    SEC GAME
    Athens, GA
    12:00pm
    CBS
    MSU -3.5

PREDICTION:
    Mississippi State 23, Georgia 22

[​IMG](2-1)|(3-0)[​IMG]#25
    Washington State Cougars @ Colorado Buffalos
    PAC-12 GAME
    Boulder, CO
    12:30pm
    FSN
    CU -13.5

PREDICTION:
    Colorado 31, Washington State 16

#16[​IMG](3-1)|(3-1)[​IMG]#6
    Nebraska Cornhuskers @ Wisconsin Badgers
    BIG 10 GAME
    Madison, WI
    12:30pm
    ABC
    UW -4.5

PREDICTION:
    Nebraska 17, Wisconsin 13

[​IMG](2-2)|(2-1)[​IMG]
    Minnesota Golden Gophers @ Michigan Wolverines
    BIG 10 GAME
    RIVALRY GAME
    Ann Arbor, MI
    1:00pm
    BTN
    MICH -7.5

PREDICTION:
    Michigan 24, Minnesota 3

#15[​IMG](3-1)|(2-1)[​IMG]#14
    Michigan State Spartans @ Ohio State Buckeyes
    BIG 10 GAME
    Columbus, OH
    1:00pm
    ESPN
    OSU -6.5

PREDICTION:
    Ohio State 20, Michigan State 17

[​IMG](2-2)|(2-2)[​IMG]#11
    Kentucky Wildcats @ LSU Tigers
    SEC GAME
    Baton Rouge, LA
    3:30pm
    CSTV
    LSU -10.5

PREDICTION:
    LSU 38, Kentucky 14

#9[​IMG](3-1)|(4-0)[​IMG]#7
    Alabama Crimson Tide @ Florida Gators
    SEC GAME
    RIVALRY GAME
    Gainesville, FL
    CBS
    BAMA -3.5

PREDICTION:
    Florida 28, Alabama 27

#21[​IMG](4-0)|(4-0)[​IMG]
    Penn State Nittany Lions @ Indiana Hoosiers
    Bloomington, IN
    ESPN2
    PSU -10.5

PREDICTION:
    Penn State 40, Indiana 24

_____________________________________________________________________________​

Week 4 Recap

Scores
    Penn State 45, Eastern Michigan 6
    POTG: HB S. Redd - 31 CAR, 167 YDS, 3 TD

Georgia 31, Ole Miss 14
    POTG: HB C. Thomas - 28 CAR, 232 YDS, 2 TD

Arizona State 32, USC 12
    POTG: QB B. Osweiler - 17/28, 224 YDS, 3 TD

Oregon 45, Arizona 7
    POTG: QB D. Thomas - 10/15, 343 YDS, 4 TD

LSU 16, Michigan 10
    POTG: LB R. Baker - 8 TKLS, 3 TFL, ATK, 2 SKS, FF

Nebraska 48, Wyoming 7
    POTG: HB A. Green - 13 CAR, 103 YDS, 2 TD

Florida 31, Kentucky 10
    POTG: WR D. Thompson - 2 REC, 51 YDS, 2 TD

Colorado 24, Ohio State 10
    POTG: R. Polk - 2 TKLS, 3 ATK, 2 INT

Oregon State 42, UCLA 24
    POTG: QB R. Katz - 18/32, 254 YDS, 4 TOTAL TD

BIG 10 POTW:
    [​IMG]
    Offensive POTW: HB Silas Redd - 31 CAR, 167 YDS, 3 TD
    Defensive POTW: CB Stephon Morris - 7 TKLS, 2 TFL, 2 FF

PAC-12 POTW:
    [​IMG]
    Defensive POTW: RE Taylor Henry - 2 TKLS, 2 TFL, ATK, SK, FF, FR

SEC POTW:
    [​IMG]
    Defensive POTW: ROLB Ryan Baker - 8 TKLS, 3 TFL, ATK, 2 SKS, FF

HEISMAN WATCH:
    1. HB LaMichael James - Oregon
    Last Game (W 45-7 at Ariz): 20 CAR, 128 YDS, TD, 3 REC, 97 YDS
    4. HB Kenjon Barner - Oregon
    Last Game (W 45-7 at Ariz): 10 CAR, 58 YDS, 2 REC, 84 YDS, TD

Week 4 Signings
    [​IMG]
    :1stars: C Wallace Horton​

[​IMG]
    :3stars: CB Pete Hall​

2. Tretrain26

Tretrain26 Walk On

"No preview, I'll kick his ass" LMAO

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Stampede.

#25 Colorado 38 - Wazzou 24

We were absolutely fucking the Cougs up until the end of the 3rd quarter. WSU went all Ryan Leaf on me and hung 3 td's on me in about a 5 minute span.

We were able to score again with a few minutes left to make the win look better than it did.

[​IMG]

The Buffalo offense had a great day going for almost 500 yards of total offense. Tyler Hansen went 15-26 for 290 and 1 td 0 ints. He was crisp and hitting deep passes the entire game. 2 of Rodney Stewart's 4 td's were due to Hansen completing passes inside the 2 on two separate occasions.

Rodney Stewart also had a monster game running 42 times for 195 yards and 4 tds. You will be able to find him at an award ceremony near you soon.

We improve to 4-0 and next week we travel to Stanford to take on Andrew Luck and the Cardinal.

4. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

"We were absolutely fucking the Cougs up."

LMAO

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bl0ndeRedHead

I can see BDSDIGITAL will be bringing some swagger into Tempe soon, let's see if that scores touchdowns for him.

6. BDSDIGITAL

That's the big game. The game v non white tre the week before that is big too. But the game in Tempe is must win. We are legit tho. See you soon.

7. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

38[​IMG][​IMG]41

Braxton Miller Gets Message: Goes Off Against Spartans
    Previously benched Freshman QB steals the show before 4th quarter injury

[​IMG]

It was the kind of day that the Buckeyes needed. After getting their clocks handed to them by Colorado, Ohio State opened up B1G play with a 41-38 thrilling win over the Michigan State Spartans. The Buckeyes used a total team effort to overcome a ridiculous rushing effort from MSU RB Edwin Baker who shredded the Bucks defense for 264 yards. In what was a seasaw game throughout, Ohio State managed one more big play then the Spartans as Drew Basil knocked through a game winning 40 yard FG as time expired to elevate the Buckeyes to a 3-1 (1-0) record on the season.​

Freshman stole the show offensively as QB Braxton Miller finally showed the promise that fans have expected from him. The speedy QB finished 15-25 for 291 yards and 2 TD's. He would have likely broken the 300 yard mark had a bruised sternum not knocked him out of the game late in the 3rd quarter. Senior QB Joe Bauserman came on to manage the offense in the 4th as the running game took over in Miller's absence. Another freshman, WR James Louis hauled in 5 catches for 171 yards and 2 TD's, including an early 70 yard TD bomb from Miller.​

[​IMG]
    Travis Howard intercepts a Kirk Cousins pass before running 60 yards for the score

Ohio State struggled early on after falling victim to Baker's 3 TD's runs, two of which were 67 yards and 75 yards respectively. After Miller hooked up with Louis with 14 seconds remaining in the 2nd half to cut the deficit to 28-24, Michigan State led their offense on the field with 4 seconds remaning before half. In odd fashion, QB Kirk Cousins dropped back to pass and the Buckeye defense swarmed him as DT Adam Bellamy forced a fumble that DE John Simon picked up and ran into the endzone as time expired, giving the Buckeyes a 31-28 halftime lead.​

[​IMG]
    Drew Basil kicks the game winning FG as time expires, the Bucks won 41-38

Adding insult to injury, early in the 3rd, Cousins threw a flare pass that Ohio State CB Travis Howard intercepted and returned 60 yards. However, MSU responded and scored the next 10 points to tie the game before Basil's game winning 40 yard FG.​

"I finally felt good out there and as soon as I was getting real comfortable, I was knocked out of the game. Joe did a good job coming in to manage the game and the RB's did a great job at ball security leading us down to the game winning score," said Miller.​

RB's Jammal Berry and Boom Herron combined for 97 yards on 29 carries, providing a steady ball-control offense in the 4th. Week 6 brings a new B1G foe into the fold as the Buckeyes travel to Lincoln to take on the Nebraska Cornhuskers who own a 3-1 record.​

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Wow Roogy you've got the penchant for nailbiters I see

9. BDSDIGITAL

1st rate write up. Well done.

10. Tretrain26

Tretrain26 Walk On

Is it just me or are the picture saves way better in quality than last year's?

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

I think it's the new dynamic lighting system

12. BDSDIGITAL

I agree with mr. Blonde. But yeah some of the pictures are slick.

13. mboda

mboda Walk On

#16 [​IMG] 42 | 32 [​IMG] #6
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Burkhead has a huge day as Nebraska outlasts Wisconsin

[​IMG]

Nebraska opens up Big Ten Play with a close, back and forth game with the Badgers. Nebraska HB Rex Burkhead lead the way for the Cornhuskers with 191 yards and 3 touchdowns but Wisconsin HB James White matched him for most of the day with 185 yards of his own. The Badger defense held Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez in check for most of the day and held him to only 19 yards on the ground and 189 yards through the air.​

Nebraska received the opening kickoff and put together a long physical drive that resulted Burkhead's first touchdown of the game. Wisconsin quickly answered as QB Jon Budmayr scrambled for a 25 yard touchdown rush which tied the game at 7. After a Taylor Martinez interception, The Badgers chipped in short FG and took the lead 10-7 at the end of the 1st quarter. The Badgers got another TD early in the 2nd quarter as Montee Ball scored from 4 yards out putting the Badgers up 17-7. Nebraska would cut into the lead when Taylor Martinez rushed for a 2 yard TD. With time running down in the half, Nebraska drove down the field quickly and with only 4 seconds left in the half Martinez found Brandon Kinnie for a 4 yard TD which gave Nebraska the lead 21-17 at halftime.​

Wisconsin opened the 2nd half fast and took the lead back on their first drive when WR Nick Toon caught an 18 yard touchdown, which was his only catch on the day. The Cornhuskers would again come right back and Burkhead would score his 2nd touchdown of the day on a 12 yard run putting Nebraska back on top 28-24 at the end of 3. Burkhead would band in his 3rd TD early in 4th quarter. Wisconsin came right back and Budmayr threw his 2nd touchdown of the day and converted the 2 point conversion making the score 35-32. Nebraska would finally pull away as they tacked on another TD as HB Aaron Green scored from 4 yards out. After a quick Wisconsin punt, Nebraska would run out the rest of the clock and leave Madison with a victory, and now is 3-1 on the year.​

Next week Nebraska welcomes The Ohio State Buckeyes to Lincoln in a HUGE Big Ten Matchup.​

14. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

3[​IMG]at #11[​IMG]66

LSU lowers the BOOM on Kentucky in a blowout win.​

LSU finally saw their offense click in a rainy day at Death Valley and were hot from the get go. LSU struck first with a 34 Yd pass from J. Jefferson to J. Landry and that would be all that LSU needed in a run away game. LSU took a 35-3 lead into halftime after J. Jefferson threw his 2nd TD pass of the half where he also scampered for one from 10 Yds out. LSU missed 2 FGs in the process though which will need to be worked on in this weeks practice. LSU had two RBs go over 100 yards as S. Ware ran for 115 yards on 16 carries and 2 TDs and M. Ford ran for 111 Yds on 6 carries during mop up duty time in the 4th quarter. J. Jefferson was 7-23 with 3 TDs and 1 INT and 64 Yds rushing on 7 carries and another TD. J. Jefferson was replaced in the middle of the 3rd quarter when he suffered a mild concussion but Z. Mettenberger came in and performed outstanding, throwing for 48 yards on two attempts which led to scoring drives by Ford and Ware.

The stout LSU defense held the Kentucky Wildcats to 12 first downs and 232 total yards and forced 8 turnovers with 4 interceptions and 4 fumbles. LSU racked up 522 yards and 14 first downs and 1 turnover off of a J. Jefferson INT in the redzone. The Tigers needed a big win in a big recruiting weekedn that featured five potential Tigers that consisted of a 5*, three 4*, and a 3* JUCO C from Willowbrook, CA. Next week the Tigers will remain at home and prepare for #7 Florida Gators in an East v West showdown.

15. sreese

sreese Walk On

the damn game froze on me again. i have a photo on my phone. the damn game was over i was watching highlights and it froze. guess ill play it over. sorry guys anyone have any idea why this might be happening.

16. Quattro

Try installing it to your hard drive, seems to have worked for me.

17. sreese

sreese Walk On

sadly i have it stored to my hard drive. maybe i need to play with disk and see if it helps?

18. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I will play this evening guys.

19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Sounds good

NateDawg

You and Bruce are the only guys not done, think you can get this in tonight?

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

[​IMG](2-2) 10|22 (4-0)[​IMG]#18
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sun Devil defense once again carries struggling offense

[​IMG]
    V. Burfict once again showed why he is in consideration for the Bednarik Award with 6 TKLS, 3 TFL, a FF, and an INT that was returned for a TD

Well this game only took like 4 tries. First me and Eric got d/c twice, then I finish the game only to find EA servers are down, then I play it again at 2am that night and once again, EA servers went down during the middle of my game so I couldn't upload the results. Either way, the Sun Devils pulled away in the 4th quarter to escape the pesky Beavers, whose defense came up with 5 sacks and bothered the Sun Devil offense all day. Unfortunately Oregon State's offense couldn't do much, getting their lone scores on big plays instead of long drives. For ASU, QB Brock Osweiler didn't play well, but didn't throw any INTs or do anything detrimental to the offense. He went 15/27 for 175 yards and a TD, the best performer for an offense that only managed to get 270 yards. Neither HB did much, with Cameron Marshall leading the team with 54 yards on 15 carries.

Arizona State looked like they would get off to an early lead on Oregon State, quickly driving downfield into Beaver territory before 2 straight sacks pushed the Devils back and out of field goal range. Fortunately for them, the defense would get that score for them, with MLB Vontaze Burfict intercepting Katz's first pass of the game, and returning it 33 yards untouched for the score. The rest of the quarter saw both teams struggle to move the ball, and a failed 4th & inches conversion around midfield by ASU left the Beavers with great field position. They too would find themselves in a 4th & inches situation, but instead of turning it over on downs, HB Ryan McCants would take the misdirection hand off, break 2 tackles, and scamper 36 yards into the end zone. The Beaver defense would once again stop ASU, and a 57 yard bomb from Katz to WR Markus Wheaton would allow the Beavers to kick a field goal late in the half to go up 10-7. But Arizona State would tie the game up before time expired with a long field goal of their own, thanks to Osweiler going 6/6 on the final drive of the half.

Oregon State couldn't do anything on offense in the 2nd half, not getting one first down in either the 3rd or 4th quarter. All Arizona State had to do was get some separation from the Beavers, and that they did. A field goal midway through the 3rd quarter put the Sun Devils ahead for good. Another field goal in the 4th made Oregon State have to score a touchdown, and a final score from Osweiler to WR TJ Simpson put the Sun Devils up by 2 scores and essentially sealed the game. Next week Arizona State faces the Utah Utes in their first season in the Pac-12.

21. Quattro

Man it felt good to unleash on Kentucky last night. Hopefully that continues onto next week.

22. Bl0ndeRedHead

Tretrain26

I'm really looking forward to our game, my defense has given up 22 points all year

23. Tretrain26

Tretrain26 Walk On

Me too! As long as I don't make any boneheaded mistakes (like hittin' your MLB right in the numbers) it should be a helluva game. Let's get these two weeks advanced!!!!

24. sreese

sreese Walk On

I think nate is missing. he hasnt been on here since thursday and not on his xbox since the 30th? Think he is all we are waitin on?

25. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

sreese any chance you could replay that game?