Season 1: Week 5

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Jman, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

TWO USER GAMES!

TULANE ( IXI DECAY IXI ) VS WMU ( Coacher )
    UNM ( ChuckDzzNutz ) VS NM STATE ( GatorJes)

GET THEM SCHEDULED.

ALSO, I KNOW THAT CHUCK'S BOX IS HEADED HOME, ANYONE AGAINST DRAWING THIS WEEK OUT FOR THEM TO PLAY THEIR GAME POSSIBLY? IT MAY NOT BE A BAD THING IN CASSE EA IS ACTUALLY WORKING ON A TRANSFER FAILED FIX. WE WILL GO WITH THE MOB ON THIS ONE.

KEEP UP THE PACE AND GREAT SUMMARIES!

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (3-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 20-7 against Iowa (3-1).
    This week, the Warhawks are idle.

=============== UAB Blazers (1-2) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 36-24 against ECU (1-2).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Morgantown to face the #16 West Virginia Mountaineers (3-1).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 45-14 against Arkansas State (1-3).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Athens to face the Ohio Bobcats (4-0).

=============== Idaho Vandals (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 21-14 against Fresno State (1-2).
    This week, the Vandals are idle.

=============== New Mexico Lobos (0-3) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico lost 34-7 against Kansas State (2-1).
    This week, the Lobos will host New Mexico State (0-3).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (3-0) ===============
    Last week the Hilltoppers were idle.
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Arkansas State (1-3).

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (0-3) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State lost 24-10 against San Jose State (1-2).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Albuquerque to face the New Mexico Lobos (0-3).

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 24-3 against Illinois (2-2).
    This week, the Broncos travel to New Orleans to face the Tulane Green Wave (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR E.J. Harris has committed to Auburn

=============== Tulane Green Wave (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Tulane won 30-27 against Baylor (1-2).
    This week, the Green Wave will host Western Michigan (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Tulane targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Fred Nelson has committed to Tulane

=============== Akron Zips (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Akron lost 17-10 against Marshall (1-3).
    This week, the Zips travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) CB Brad Collins has committed to Akron

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, FIU won 38-6 against UL Lafayette (1-3).
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host Duke (3-1).

2. Jman

3. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Although I was looking forward to the rivalry game, I'm fine with whatever you guys decide. It could be Wednesday before I end up getting it as I know the UPS crew doesn't work on the weekend, but I am of course holding out hope that it will be Mon or Tues instead. I can keep you guys apprised via the UPS tracking site.

4. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I'm open to whatever.

Coacher I will be attending my former High Schools game tonight so I should be home around 11:00 P.M. (Central) at the latest. I will be opening my store tomorrow (Friday) and should be home no later than 8:00 P.M. I'm free all day Saturday until 5:00 P.M. at which I will be heading to my store.

Let me know what your options are.

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Whats it gonna take to crack the top 25!?!

As far as waiting for the advance....nothing against chuck and I know your game against Jes is your Super Bowl, but waiting a week to advance seems kind of unfair to the other 9 guys. And I guess it doesn't help that I have a bye week. I can already sense the lack of attention to the league from a few members from the lack of early success. We have already lost 1 member....

6. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Ok...sounds good man I think it might be best if we try and get it in tonight after you get back tonight, reason being I live here on the North Carolina coast and it looks like that Hurricane is coming our way so I'm gonna be busy most of the day tomorrow prepping for it and its supposed to hit late tomorrow and its all up in the air after that!

7. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

I agree with Hokie...if we're talking next monday or later that's too long IMO. The pace we're on now is good and we should keep it moving as much as possible before guys get into other games.

P.S.--Hokie said we lost someone...who was it?

8. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I'm good with whatever the mob decides. I think there's a lot to be said for waiting for Chuck's Xbox, but then Hokie makes sense.

But my interest is still piqued, regardless of my BS loss to Louisville.

9. Jman

You also cannot attribute that to advance rate though.

Agreed on loving the pace, its very nice, Chucks been a loyal soldier with all the BS thats happened with his box so I was just throwing it out there. As far as going to other games, that will be a shame and the type that wouldn't last at TSO anyways. That said, if EA doesn't fix this damn game soon, LOTS will be headed to different games, possibly permanently.

10. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

As I said I'll go with mob rule because I don't want to be the one holding it up, but Hokie's reasoning seems illegitimate all the way around. I think somebody beat me to the punch, but any people that we have lost or would lose for such petty reasons would seem like the kind of people we wouldn't want in our league in the first place. I've cleaned his quote up a little bit to show his direct meaning.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I have reversed my position based solely on the hilarity of Chuck's post.

12. Hokie Effect

Yeah I don't know why he quit, but I was assuming it was playing with a shitty school and losing. Not having the patience to make the moves in the coaching carousel. Either way we move on.

13. Jman

Indeed. Indeed.

14. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I just think there's something to be said for a little patience, but obviously I've had to have a lot of it lately with my console being out of state for over a week now. I'd like to think that I'd be happy to lay off the gas pedal a little bit to wait for another member who has had issues beyond his control. Especially considering from what I've read, that we are racing towards a bowl season that will not be recorded correctly. I’ll go ahead and tentatively change my vote to “yes” on waiting for the Rio Grande Rivalry to be played prior to advancing. That could change tomorrow when the UPS Tracking site should give me an estimated delivery date (that I’ll happily share with all).

15. Jman

Yup, just let me know Chuck and we'll figure it out.

16. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Coacher I'm online right now. You ready to go?

17. GatorJes

GatorJes Walk On

Ouch, good luck with that. Hope it misses you somehow.

18. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Shoot sorry I missed you Decay, I must have just gotten off. What do you look like today? I know you said you have to work until around 8pm/ 9pm my time. Its still hard to say when the storm will be here but it looks like later tonight so I wanna try and get our game in ASAP so Im not holding the league up, cause after this storm there is no telling how long we will be without power let alone my cable internet. So anyway just hit me up man. I will be around all day.

19. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Thanks Jes... Yeah hopefully its just a lot of rain and wind and nothing serious. I just hope they get the power back up quickly if it goes down so I'm not holding up the league at all.

20. Hokie Effect

The only info out there for a patch is that it will be released by the end of the month. That was at the begininng of August. I don't see us getting into bowl season, being that we are only in week 5 by the end of next week. So if all holds true we will have the patch before we play our bowl games. Now the kicker: the transfer fail bowl glitch hasn't even been mentioned in the update. So it may not even be addressed in the patch.

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/title-update-2

I say we stick to our current advance schedule and press on. Again nothing personal, but if we wait now, we will be forced to wait everytime something unexpected comes up. Since we waited for so and so, we should wait for me. No need to open up that can o' worms.....

21. Hokie Effect

Oh and I am in Richmond, VA so it may get a lil nasty here as well this weekend too. So thoughts and prayers to my fellow east coasters.

22. Jman

You forget though, I have no problem being an asshole to anyone at any time now or in the future. We will see what is UPS update says and go from there.

As far as the patch, I don't see EA fixing shit with the transfer failed. I'm done being an optimist, I've been one every damn year with this game.

As far as the Hurricane, we've continued to monitor it in my Earth Science classes and today the NWS is starting to sound a little less optimistic, I truly hope they are wrong and the pressure stops dropping like it has been. All the east coasters are definitely in my thoughts.

23. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Coacher I will try and leave my store as soon as possible tonight and shoot straight home to get our game in. Your more than welcome to text me around 7/8 your time if the weather gets to unbearable though and you want be able to play. You can reach me at 251-802-8363.

24. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

I vote to press on if Dzzz box won't be back until Tuesday. Good luck to all of you guys that are getting the hurricane. Stock up on the whiskey.

25. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Yeah I think I voted on this but I agree. At this pace by tuesday we should be finishing up week 7. I also saw I have a bye week 6 so if we don't get to week 7 til thursday that's a whole week off for me...yikes