Archived Season 1 Week 5

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jul 24, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]

SEASON ONE WEEK FIVE
    [​IMG]
    Advance Max: Thursday @830 PM EST
    =============== #20 Oklahoma State Cowboys (3-0) ===============​
    Last week, Oklahoma State won 49-31 against Louisville (2-2).​
    This week, the Cowboys will host #18 Texas (3-0).​
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma State targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (***) LT Calvin Watkins has committed to Oklahoma State :D
    - (**) FB Willie Stephens has committed to Oklahoma State :D
    =============== #18 Texas Longhorns (3-0) ===============​
    Last week, Texas won 36-17 against Texas A&M (2-1).​
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Stillwater to face the #20 Oklahoma State Cowboys (3-0).​
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (****) DT Jamal Stewart has committed to Texas :D
    - (*****) QB Jeremy Evans has committed to LSU​
    - (****) WR Marques Johnson has committed to Texas :D
    =============== #7 Virginia Tech Hokies (3-0) ===============​
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 31-3 against Baylor (0-3).​
    This week, the Hokies will host Troy (2-1).​
    =============== #9 Virginia Cavaliers (3-0) ===============​
    Last week, Virginia won 45-24 against TCU (2-1).​
    This week, the Cavaliers will host San Jose State (2-2).​
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (***) MLB Zach Corbett has committed to Missouri​
    =============== #1 Oklahoma Sooners (3-0) ===============​
    Last week, Oklahoma won 38-20 against Kansas State (2-1).​
    This week, the Sooners will host Louisville (2-2).​
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (*****) CB Alex Silva has committed to Alabama​
    - (****) DT Jamal Stewart has committed to Texas (y)
    - (****) WR Marques Johnson has committed to Texas (y)
    - (****) CB Clarence Dawson has committed to Oklahoma :D
    =============== Maryland Terrapins (1-2) ===============​
    Last week, Maryland lost 28-27 against West Virginia (4-0).​
    This week, the Terrapins will host #10 Kansas State (2-1).​
    In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (**) ROLB Bruce Richard has committed to Maryland :D
    =============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (1-2) ===============​
    Last week, Texas Tech lost 33-28 against Alabama (2-2).​
    This week, the Red Raiders travel to Houston to face the Rice Owls (2-2).​
    In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (****) WR Marques Johnson has committed to Texas (y)
    - (****) QB Cory Adams has committed to Utah​
    =============== #17 TCU Horned Frogs (2-1) ===============​
    Last week, TCU lost 45-24 against Virginia (3-0).​
    This week, the Horned Frogs will host SMU (2-2).​
    In recruiting news, the following TCU targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (***) WR Jonathan Perkins has committed to TCU :D
    =============== North Carolina Tar Heels (2-2) ===============​
    Last week, North Carolina lost 20-14 against Michigan State (4-0).​
    This week, the Tar Heels are idle.​
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (***) QB Avery Leonard has committed to Vanderbilt​
    - (****) CB Josh Parks has committed to South Carolina​
    =============== #23 NC State Wolfpack (3-0) ===============​
    Last week, NC State won 31-14 against Boise State (2-1).​
    This week, the Wolfpack travel to Miami to face the Miami Hurricanes (1-2).​
    In recruiting news, the following NC State targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (***) LG Shelton Ingram has committed to NC State :D
    =============== #10 Kansas State Wildcats (2-1) ===============​
    Last week, Kansas State lost 38-20 against Oklahoma (3-0).​
    This week, the Wildcats travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (1-2).​
    In recruiting news, the following Kansas State targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (***) DT Steve Childress has committed to Baylor​
    =============== #11 Florida State Seminoles (2-1) ===============​
    Last week, Florida State won 46-40 against Clemson (2-2).​
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Tampa to face the USF Bulls (3-1).​

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. IrishBearcat

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Son of a bitch I lost that CB

4. IrishBearcat

... and to the OTHER Carolina. Shame on you!

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well the Cavaliers just took a shit on San Jose State 45-0. I mean they played SOOO bad that I had to bring in the second string team in the second half. I mean how bad I beat them I can't even put in words. I just ran the ball down their throat and it was a done deal from there on out.

6. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

OKSU downs Downs in OT 19-16

OKSU struck first with a dagger on the first drive of the game as Lunt connected with SO WR Stewart for a 51 yard throw and catch. Texas would answer with a great drive of their own however OKSU defense would come up clutch as they would force a FG. The two teams would trade punts and turnovers as OKSU would turn the ball over. Late in the second there would be a mini spark of offense as OKSU would convert a FG and we could go into the half up 10-3 OKSU. Texas would turn in on in the second half as they would score 10 straight points as the defenses continued to throw haymakers. With just over 3 minutes left OKSU QB Lunt would lead them on a drive for the tie. Lunt missed a chance in the drive for a TD as he had a WR runnign down the sideline wide open he was just unable to make the throw. Later they would settle for a FG. After a Texas TO OKSU would have the chance for the win. With a Wide open WR Lunt would get hit as he threw with the ball soaring into the air and Texas would intercept the ball and drive to within FG range. OKSU would Ice them and they would miss. 13-13 Tie

IN Ot texas would go 3 and out and take the FG. OKSU would hit a pass to the Rb would juked 2 defenders and picked up the first. Then a decent run brought them to the 2 yard line. On second down they were stuffed. On third Down Randle would walk in TD OKSU Ball game

GG UNo x Broncos

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

UNC is done recruiting, RTA

8. IrishBearcat

I forgot to edit the advance max, Wednesday at 10 PM was not correct.

Hokie Effect

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Damn :(

10. IrishBearcat

Are you sad because you want us to advance faster?

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bye weeks are lame

• Like Like x 1
  12. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Texas Tech - 37
    Rice - 20

Box Score

Tech - 00 l 14 l 13 l 10 ll 37
    Rice - 06 l 03 l 03 l 08 ll 20

This was a hard victory, even though the score does not show it. Rice gave me everything they had in the first quarter, plus some in the second. But some strong defensive stands and some great passing hook ups led to long drives. Tech finally got on the board with :49 seconds left in the first half, on a 2 yard scramble by Seth Doege. Then they followed up after a fumble recovery to the 1 yard line on the kickoff, to score again on a dump pass from Doege before the half.

Tech continued to put in scores, and Rice continued to chase them with field goals. It wasn't until the fourth quarter where Tech finally pulled away and put the game to an end. On a long 3rd down play, Doege hit a screen play to Eric Ward for a 50 yard score to put the nail in the coffin. On the pursuing drive, Rice gave the ball away and with all their timeouts remaining they held Tech to score another field goal.

Key Players :

Seth Doege : 18 / 37 for 278 yards and 3 TD, 1 INT
    Eric Stephens : 23 rushes for 67 yards and 1 TD

13. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    44-41 Noles
    [​IMG]
    For the second straight week the Noles faced a tough team and came out flat both weeks. This week the Bulls jumped out to an early 14 to 0 lead after a pair of Clint Trickett interceptions. The defense seemed to have made some great plays in the first half but just gave up way too many big plays on 3rd down and missed too many tackles. Clint finally starts hitting the open receivers and making better decisions, however some throws still left you scratching your head. With time expiring in the 1st quarter he hit Christian Green on a 7 yard slant that put the Noles on the board. 7-14.​
    It didn't take us long to punch in 7 more points, Clint Trickett ran into the endzone untouched from 8 yards out on a botched WR quick handoff. With the game tied and the Bulls threatening in Seminole territory, Greg Reid intercepted a 3rd down pass and was tackled on our own 8 yard line. First play after the interception Clint drops back on a deep out route and gets sacked in the endzone on his release for a USF Safety. After they got the ball back from the punt, they took it 70 yards eating up 2 minutes and putting 7 more points on the board. Making it a 9 point lead for the Bulls. With a 1:08 left in the first half Trickett hit Rodney Smith on a 36 yard TD pass down the right sideline. Bulls take a 2 point lead into the locker room.​
    After moving the chains coming out of the half the Bulls marched into positive territory before being stopped and hitting an impressive 50 yard FG. Kenny Shaw said it was his turn to be impressive and took the ensuing kickoff 99 yards to the house, giving FSU our first lead of the game 27-26. That was short-lived however, the Bulls put together a drive another drive together and B.J Daniels hit Sterling Griffin for 27 yards and a USF TD. They went for two and were able to run it in for two, giving them a 7 point advantage entering the 4th.​
    After a huge drive with several big third down plays to FB Lonnie Pryor, he was given the shot around the goal-line to score and he came through once again. 2 yard TD from Pryor ties it up with 4:55 to play. The very next possession we force a 3rd and long and looks like we are going to force a punt but they hit us down the seam, break a tackle and take it 63 yards to jump back out front. After a costly interception from Trickett we are able to force a 3 and out and get the ball back with around 2 minutes to play. We drove down the field and converted a 4th and 8(Kenny Shaw) as well as a 4th and 1 (Lonnie Pryor). With 53 seconds to play Trickett hit Willie Haulstead on an 8 yard slant to tie things back up at 41-41. B.J Daniels and the USF offense come out firing in the final minute and throw it right into the hands of Xavier Rhodes who runs it back all the way to the USF 40. After several nice runs from Devonta Freeman we were able to kick a 40 yard FG(iced) as time expired to win the game 44-41. Back-to-back classic comebacks, one more of those and I might pass out from the stress.​
    Offensive Player of the Game: Christian Green 9 catches 109 yards and 1 TD & Devonta Freeman 20 carries 141 yard and 2 catches for 9 yards.​
    Defensive Player of the Game: Xavier Rhodes 3 tackles 1 INT 1 FF​
    Injury Report: QB E.J. Manuel should still be out another 3 weeks but we are hopeful he can be back at 100% by week 8 against Miami on the road.​
    CB(KR,PR) Greg Reid was knocked out of this game in the 4th quarter with a broken wrist and he will miss 5 weeks as well. He will hopefully be back by week 10 when Arkansas comes to town but looks as if he will be back the next week on the road at Virginia Tech. (Two huge games). We might move the starting FS Terrence Brooks to the number two corner postion and allow Karlos Williams to start at FS. He is a playmaker without a starting position, I would love to see how he plays there if I can make it work.​
    Next week we stay on the road and head to play NCST and coach The Parrothead The Noles are hoping to put together a better defensive performance and keep the offensive balance. Should be another great game.​

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  14. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

IrishBearcat

We shouldn't be missing much. I think just the one user game

15. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

First I wanted to fly, Now I want it to go slow I don't want my game vs Texas Simmed and I'm going to be gone Thur-Sun night late

16. IrishBearcat

I'll be playing my game tomorrow at noon, been really busy. Also, we'll be waiting on Hokie Effect 's game against Bl0nde next week. They are scheduled to play friday late or Saturday afternoon. So no rush to advance.

I don't mind waiting since we've been flying.

17. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

bawvu97 and I could use an extension too ;-) our schedules don't match up very well......

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Hey, if there's no rush to advance, what are the odds on waiting for me to get back home to play my game? I roll back into Raleigh Thursday night about midnight. If the advance has to happen, no big deal. Just thought I'd ask since it looks like next week's games need a bit more time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. IrishBearcat

We'll have to see how it all works out. It will really depend on when BakerWildcat7 and bawvu97 can get their game completed.

I will say this though; I will do my best to accommodate everyone. I'd like to wait on everyone but we are going at a pretty good pace. Don't wanna slow us down too much. I've been extremely busy and am too tired to even think straight. I'll have specifics laid out tomorrow for everyone.

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

21. IrishBearcat

You have enough people in your life to accommodate your asshole. (y)

22. Bl0ndeRedHead

[​IMG]

23. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    You two really should have this discussion offline....

• Like Like x 1
  24. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    IrishBearcat

BakerWildcat7 and I are on polar opposites schedules. I will leave it up to you but I won't go on 3 - 4 hours of sleep for a video game :p

I don't like the idea of simming it or putting myself on AP but it's your call fearless leader

25. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I am up for a late advancement lol...give me more time to play this weekend.