Season 1 - Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

[​IMG]

I got lazy

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #14 Alabama Crimson Tide (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Alabama lost 45-10 against Florida (5-0).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host Vanderbilt (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Frank Barr has committed to Florida

=============== #16 Arizona State Sun Devils (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State won 22-10 against Oregon State (2-2).
    This week, the Sun Devils travel to Salt Lake City to face the Utah Utes (2-2).

=============== #23 Colorado Buffaloes (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Colorado won 38-24 against Washington State (2-2).
    This week, the Buffaloes travel to Stanford to face the #8 Stanford Cardinal (3-1).

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks will host Cal (3-1).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State lost 22-10 against Arizona State (4-0).
    This week, the Beavers will host #25 Arizona (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Chase Bowman has committed to Oregon State

=============== #5 Florida Gators (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 45-10 against Alabama (3-2).
    This week, the Gators travel to Baton Rouge to face the #9 LSU Tigers (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Jason Collins has committed to Florida

=============== #9 LSU Tigers (3-2) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 66-3 against Kentucky (2-3).
    This week, the Tigers will host #5 Florida (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Dave Kirby has committed to LSU
    - (****) DT Steven Scott has committed to LSU

=============== #11 Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 42-32 against Wisconsin (3-2).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host #12 Ohio State (3-1).

=============== #21 Georgia Bulldogs (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 55-14 against Mississippi State (3-2).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Mike Jones has committed to Auburn

=============== #12 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 41-38 against Michigan State (3-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Lincoln to face the #11 Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-1).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 56-24 against Minnesota (2-3).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Julius Schmidt has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #19 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 41-13 against Indiana (4-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Iowa (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Ryan Long has committed to Penn State

ADVANCE SATURDAY NIGHT, AUGUST 6th

2. sreese

sreese Walk On

Nice work again blonde.
    Smokey when you wanna play.(we were supposed to play at 1cst today, but he had something come up) I sent you a message on live saying i will be around until about 6pm cst.(that you didnt respond to) Then im not sure what time ill be back i would say around 10 but not sure on that. If this doesnt work for you, tomorrow i work from 11am until 10pm we can play after i get home?
    stiff bon air

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Colorado finally goes down.

#23 Colorado 34 - #8 Stanford 35

What a fucking game.

[​IMG]

The first half was all Buffalo. We were in Stanford's neck, and were knocking around Andrew Luck. We forced an early Luck int that we converted into points and also big hit, fumble, scooped and scored in the first half.

All told we went into half time up 31-14 and were all over it. Making a crazy statement in Palo Alto.

But then we remembered that we were in fact Colorado, and they in fact have the best player in the country. Luck went ham as the kids call it in the 3rd quarter to the toon of 21 unanswered points to take a 35-31 lead into the 4th quarter. Our defense stepped up the pressure in the 4th and really put the kabash on Stanfords offense. At least enough to give us our chances. This game came down to 2 key plays in the 4th quarter.

1. with a little under 4 minutes to were put into 4th down and 5 from the Stanford 10. We were down 4 pts. I opted for the FG. In retrospect we should have tried to cash that in. However, our defense was playing great in the 4th quarter and I was confident that I could get the easy 3, get a stop with at least 2 minutes to go and at least 1 timeout to set up the game winner if it came down to it. Had I gone for it and not gotten in I'd need a stop still, but I'd have to score a TD on my final drive and not just merely get into FG range. My Kicker can hit from 55. So I kicked the FG to make it 35-34.

as I predicted we got a stop with ease on the next possession and Stanford kicked it back to me, touch back, 1st and 10 from the 20, 2 timeouts remaining, 1:45 on the clock, down 1. In great shape.

2. We again got stuffed on a critical 3rd and 2 from the 50 with about 45 sec left. 45 seconds left, down 1. I need about 12 yards to get on the outskirts of FG range, but right now I need 2 damn yards to extend the drive, call my first of 2 TO's to set up 3 plays to get myself the extra 10 yards I need.

two choices in my mind.

a. Run off tackle. I'd killed them on the power O and HB Slash in the 4th qtr and we gained the first 30 yards of that drive running it right down Stanford's throat. All I needed was 2 yards.

b. Run PA Power O. I could've rolled this out and either hit the FB in the flat, the slot guy on the cross, or kept it for the 2 yards. I hadn't thrown yet on that drive, but with the way their D Line had man handled my O line for most of the game I wasn't very confident I'd even get the pass off. If I did though, one of those options would've been open though.

I chose A.

And lost.

They had that read all the way, ran a strong side blitz and my guard didn't pull around in time to pick up the LB. I got stuffed about 1/2 yard short. Turnover, game over.

Stanford 35- Colorado 34

Had I run B That would not only have been a completion, but a huge gain.

We drop to 4-1 on the season. Next week we go to Seattle to play Washington. After that we get the heart of our schedule with Oregon (Tre), ASU (Blonde) and USC in back to back to back weeks.

4. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

mboda, let me know when you are available!

5. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

sreese

I should be home by then.

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Tough loss Brian. Funny how we Pac-12 guys all hit the meat of the schedule around the same time. I just played Oregon State and have a CPU game before consecutive games against Oregon, Ohio State, and Colorado. Fuck me.

7. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

Alabama 45 - 7 Vandy

less than 100 offensive yards for the Commodores
    write up tonight

8. sreese

sreese Walk On

stiff bon air
    im on now just send me a message when you wanna play or a time either one

9. BDSDIGITAL

it was a fun game.

If I can beat you and USC even if I lose to Tre I'd still be 6-2 and have a leg up in the South. I'd take that all day long with this team.

So, I'm coming specifically for YOU! :D

10. Quattro

I'm going to make a pizza and then I'll be on.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Good luck with that, but I see ASU coming out of the South

12. Quattro

sreese

I can hear you I just don't know where my mic is.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BDSDIGITAL

just pack lunch that day. It's going to be a long one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Quattro

Damn this game is soooo laggy.

15. sreese

sreese Walk On

opps hope i didnt say anything to foul. If i did i dont remember lol. Well played game. Yea the lag sucked but it wasnt the worst i have ever seen.

16. Quattro

#5[​IMG] - 13 (6-0)
    @
    #9[​IMG] - 10 (3-3)

LSU drops another in a tough battle against #5 Florida, 13-10​

The offensive line for LSU might as well have stayed in the locker room. SR Jordan Jefferson and SO Spencer Ware had no room to make anything happen and that showed from the pathetic 146 Yds LSU had the conclusion of the game. The lack of offensive line pressence threw any chance that LSU had out the window. SR Jordan Jefferson went a pahtetic 2 for 8 for 14 Yds and 3 INTs and 20 Yds rushing. SO RB Spencer Ware was forced to carry what little offense LSU had on his back as he rushed 18 times for 94 Yds and 1 TD.

#5 Florida took a 10-0 lead into halftime with seven of the points coming off of a 66 Yd run by Jeff Demps and the other came at the conclusion of the half with a 30 Yd FG. LSU was finally able to get on the board with a 1 Yd run by Ware and the only FG would come from 48 Yds out. LSU had a chance with 1:28 remaining in the game to drive down and tie it up but continuing with the flow of the season, Jordan Jefferson threw a pick which ended any chances LSU had. Next week the Tigers head to Knoxville to take on the 3-1 Tennessee Volunteers.

17. Quattro

sreese

All I heard was cusing when you threw your INTs lol. I was probably 2x worse than you with my shitty performance. Best of luck the rest of the way.

18. sreese

sreese Walk On

Florida 13
    LSU 10

It was a defensive struggle as the florida gators sunk by the Tigers of LSU! There were 2 offensive tds total the whole game both from the Hbs. Demps broke off a 60+ yrd td in the 1st. Ware answered with his own td from 1 yard out late in the 3rd qtr to tie the game. There were a total of 7 turnovers in the game both qbs having trouble with their reads and tossing 3 picks a piece. The other turnover came on a Ware fumble in the 2nd qtr, on a drive that looked to be headed for paydirt.

Key Players for LSU Ware 18 carries 94 yrds 1 Td Taylor 3tlk 1tkl 1 sack 2 ints
    Florida Demps 17carries 134 yards 1td

19. Quattro

I don't think I've yelled fuck that loud in a while. Was a sure FG and maybe a TD depending on my non-existant line.

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

Florida looks like they may be the class of the SEC so far

• Like Like x 1
  21. Tretrain26

Tretrain26 Walk On

yeah way to go commish! :p

22. Quattro

Bl0ndeRedHead
    When are we advancing? I'd like to be able to play my game before I move if all possible.

• Like Like x 1
  23. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

hopefully I'll see him in the SEC CG

24. Quattro

That's probably a good bet. I don't see myself going into Bama and winning and I think I'm looking at 7-8 wins before a bowl game, dissapointing season for me. If you have to pass against him, you're screwed.

25. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bruce still needs to play his game against Tennessee, and Roogy and boda have yet to play, so whenever they get done, probably tomorrow night it seems